Corner Hostel Malta Reviews

6, St. Margaret Street, Sliema, Malta

Very clean and good positioned place. The personal is very kind and prepared, they was great. The rooms with balcony or bow-windows are very beautiful!

• 9th Jul 2014

Staff were great, all really helpful and funny. Explanations on where to visit were great, their communication and directions were spot on. The only issue was how hot it was at night even with a ceiling fan, but we were visiting in summer, it is to be expected.

I enjoyed my stay at the Corner Hostel in Sliema. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms are nice with one large locker per bed, there is a full kitchen and sitting room area that everyone can use (free of charge), and it's very close to a bus stop that goes to and from the airport. If you choose to stay here, know that the wifi only works in the common room areas on the ground floor; it does not work in the dorms/upper floors. Overall, staying here was a good experience.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The place was very close to the sea, the staff were really friendly and helpful, so I loved my stay there. I would go back if I had to find accommodation for a holiday in Malta. It was a great place to start my new life on the island :)

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Hungary

Loved this hostel! I've stayed at many but seldom write reviews, however the staff at this hostel were excellent. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and I had an amazing time!

• 24th Jun 2014

James and his sister and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful and made my stay very welcoming.The hostel is in a great old traditional Maltese building but well adapted for modern facilities.The hostel is well run and in a great location for the beachs and nightlife areas nearby.I would recommend staying there.

hi, I stay in thme hostel 4 days in May 2014. It is very clean every day, I meet a lot of people, Nice people. Simion, the staff is very nice. He helps me for to choice the good place to visit Malta.... Sliema is a very pretty town, near St julian ( place of party). Malta is not expensible. Very good stay at Corner Hostel Malta I will return a day

Everyone was really friendly and helpful during my first stay in Malta. It's also very conveniently located near a bus stop so you dont have to worry about finding a bus to other parts of Malta. Loved being able to check out information using their free web and computer services as well as being able to ha e food in their kitchen. Overall, a wonderful stay!

Corner hostel is an excellent option for people who want to stay in Malta for a long period and for people who does not like party hostels. There you can sleep well and enjoy a clean place. If you are travelling alone and looking for meet new people and company to go out, it could be quite difficult there. Maybe it is better to try another place to stay. The internet just works in the kitchen and living room area and sometimes it is very poor. It is something that they could improve.

Corner hostel was very clean and had big lockers for your bags in the rooms which was great, but this place lacked any sort of personality (from the staff or the actual hang out areas) so I went somewhere else on my last night.

everything is good except for the poor internet connection

The hostel is well located for St Julians and Sliema. There is also a bus stop nearby from which you can get direct buses to Valetta and to the ferry for Gozo. The staff I met were very helpful and the hostel was clean and pleasant although it seemed like there might be quite a few longer term residents which makes it slightly more difficult if you are looking to meet people. Beware that the hostel doesn't have a sign outside so you have to look hard for it.

All was good!

• 3rd May 2014
  • Russia

After finding out how cheap Malta's bus system is (1.5 euro daily, payable on the bus), I'm not sure how I feel about the 20 euro airport pickup, but everything else in this hostel was a rather good deal for the money. Nothing was noticeably dirty. The facilities were just the run of the mill kind. I don't know if I saw anything about laundry, but there is a kitchen available. The nearby bus stop (and the staff are more than willing to explain how to take advantage of it) got us everywhere.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is quite central with many shops, restaurants, bus/ferry connections and so on nearby.

• 15th Apr 2014

We've stayed at the hostel in the middle of April. The hostel is at a great location, close to the beach and the bus stop. It is very clean and the staff is great, always eager to help. It was four of us, so we had the room for ourselves, but if you are travelling alone, there are large lockable wardrobes, so there is no need to worry about the security. The kitchen is very large and well equiped, it has two stoves and fridges, so there is enough space for everybody.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

This hostel is situated in the nice village of Sliema. The hostel is clean and has a good location. In the hostel there is a good atmosfere to meet other travellers. The owner James and staff is helpfull and friendly. The unique negative aspect is the shower of the room it is too small. The rest is Ok. Good choice.

Corner hostel was one of the best hostels ive stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hostel was always clean and tidy and well secured at all times. I would highly recommend staying here and would stay here again my self.

Great hostel ,attractively presented. Good kitchen facilities, near bus route Staff were exceedingly helpful and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• 4th Mar 2014

Great hostel, friendly staff. Stayed in a 4 bed female dorm with en suite bathroom. Spacious room. Big lockers and very convenient sockets next to bed with bed light. Literally a few minutes walk to the bus stop. Close to seafront. Only downside is there is no staff at reception 24 hours, but they did leave a number for emergency contact. Great stay overall.