Corner Hostel Malta

Fabulous 464 Total Reviews

• Spain, All Female Group, 18-24
11th May 2017
5.4

The staff was nice as we were a group of four and all of us were settled in a quadruple room with no problems. However, as soon as we got the room, one of us saw a tick on the bed. We let the staff know about it and they removed the tick but they did not seem to be surprised about it -so we can guess this is not the first time that they have this issue. Anyway, the staff kindly gave our money back and tried to help us to find another place to stay.

30th Apr 2017

Welcomed a Seenager like myself and made me very comfortable.

• mikaylafurlan
  • USA, Female, 18-24
19th Apr 2017
7.4

When I first got there I found a bug on my bed and dried blood on the comforter blanket for the bed. Wifi only works downstairs. The kitchen was very nice as well as the bathrooms and the stafff was amazing as well. Definitely need to step up their game on cleanliness though.

• Romania, Female, 31-40
15th Apr 2017

Excellent location, clean hostel, great atmosphere. The student volunteers in reception are fantastic. James is very helpful. Lockers with keys in rooms. Rooms on-suite, not #2. Fridges. Quiet hostel, no parties or loud guests; a big plus. Mature guests, pleasant. Only downer was loud, abusive lady across the street demanding we go inside around 9 pm. Two of us in late 30s, sober, talking about Mdina outside the hostel. We were asked to go inside by staff when she phoned the owner. Humiliating.

26th Mar 2017
7.7

Nice clean hostel, with nice stuff and furniture, close to the sea and not too far from the centre of Sliema (for Valetta you need to take a bus, or walk 15 mins for the ferry across to Valetta). There is not too much Social stuff going on, maybe it was just not the weekend and off season. Reception not open 24h however you'd get a message with instructions how to get your key if you arrive late evening. If the price was lower I would come again (there's nothing special to charge more for it)

• Canada, Male, 25-30
26th Mar 2017
6.0

The wifi didn't work in the room. Towel wasn't provided. There was only two outlets for our whole room. So charging your phone was a battle. The staff is nice and helpful. Would go with a different hostel though if I went back.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
24th Mar 2017

My friend and I had the best stay here! We loved the location and the friendliness of the the staff. Our last morning, our prepaid transfer that we had booked through the airline decided NOT to show up. In a panic, I called James and he arranged transport that got us to the airport just in time. I'm so thankful that he did that for us, even at 7:30AM! I will definitely stay here again if I get the chance to return to Malta.

• USA, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2017

Absolutely wonderful place to stay. Great location next to the water, very accessible, near a bus stop. The staff is incredible, they managed to get us to the airport and narrowly catch our flight home when our shuttle bus did not come. Would not have made it otherwise! The shower could look a bit better and trap the water in more, but hardly a complaint!

• Spain, All Male Group, 25-30
15th Mar 2017

The employees at the hostel are very attentive (papers, blankets and towels) i also educated. The atmosphere with other travellers is also very good. The location is perfect, near the coast, the hostel is near the bus stop and it is located a quiet street for rest. Rooms and common areas are very clean. The downside (not important): The bunk bed (above) to move a little and the shower dripped some water on the floor.

8th Mar 2017
7.7

Comfortable stay, cheery staff. I liked traveling to and fro from Sliema, gave me a chance to see the old and modern Malta. The bathroom was ensuite in room 6, which was convenient.But I had a couple of serious slips because of the way shower-water has to accumulate in the shower area and has to be mopped by two towels. Maybe think of an alternative? Cheers.