Corner Hostel Malta Reviews

6, St. Margaret Street, Sliema, Malta

As the place is not yet open for that long I expected it to be cleaner and nicer. The bathroom in the dorm was small, the toilet didn't function as it should, the showercurtain was not very clean and didn't stop the bathroom from getting all overflown. I didn't feel 'better' after taking a shower.. In the kitchen one of the fridges didn't close well. The staff wasn't aware about the local festivities, so I don"t feel that this place was worth spending my time and money.

Not bad for the price, but they can do much better. Poor ventilators, not well cleaned and POOR POOR staff. The girls should me more friendly. Bad wi-fi signal.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The main and only advantage of Corner Hostel is location. You can reach anything you need (sea, shop, bar, pharmacy, haircut salon, bus stop) in five minutes. Safety is usual for all hostels: wooden locker in room. Personal is sluggish, but maybe it is because of very hot weather. Now about worst thing: there is most dirty and broken shower I've seen in all the world. Please do something with this. Also it will be good to have clean linens.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Russia

Plusses: Great location, excellent self-catering facilities, dorm rooms equipped with lockers with keys provided by staff, hostel takes credit cards, friendly staff, clean rooms and showers, clean sheets provided. Lights by each bed. Minuses: tenuous Internet connection even in lobby... I often got kicked off and re-connectiong often meant several attempts before overcoming authentication errors. Room fan not quite strong enough to fully deal with summer heat.

Good ensuiets with locking doors and large locker.

I enjoyed staying at the Corner Hoste! The atmosphere was friendly & it's easy to meet fellow solo travellers. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm which was cleaned to a good standard on a daily basis. The staff are friendly & helpful, & the kitchen is well-equipped. There is free wifi but this only works in the lobby and for me repeatedly crashed every few minutes. Lastly, I'd suggest screwing the wooden bunk beds to the walls as they were quite noisy when one person moved in their sleep, awakening others

The room/bathroom was cleaned daily, but the shower had a annoying tendency to flood, and once flooded into the room almost soaking the bags on the floor. Also annoying was that there was a large group of 15-year olds. Not only did that break the vibe I was expecting from a hostel, but also they all used the kitchen at the same time, making it virtually impossible to cook dinner or have comfortable space to eat until they finished talking and cleaning, which took more than one hour, every day

A great hostel with everything you need. Amazing staff who seemed to bend over backwards so effortlessly to accommodate my late flight. The only slight negative and is perhaps specific to me was that car parking is tricky. I did manage to eventually find a space. That said, the busses are apparently really modern and you are very close to a buss stop on the main coastal road. Great trip made all the more pleasant by staying n such a perfect hostel which s great value for money.

• 19th Jun 2015

Great hostel

Solid hostel. Was a bit quiet when I was there, not much of a group atmosphere and they close the terrace early. Other then that it's a really nice place.

• 12th Jun 2015

Good location (Sliema), quiet place but near cafe's and restaurants. James, the Manager, provided me useful information, and helped in renting a car.

Really friendly and helpful staff and a great location. The kitchen is really nice as well. If I'm back in Malta, I'll definitely go back here.

The place is ok. I guess compared to the cost of living in Malta it's a little expensive, but you won't miss anything you're looking for in a hostel. Staff is good and friendly, everything's decently cleaned and its location's pretty good.

I just reviewed this hostel but I decided to extend my visit to malta a few more days and stay longer in this Great hostel. awesome atmosphere

top 5 of the hostels I've been to in my travels. Awesome staff, super friendly y useful. Nice facilities, evething clean. great location, near to restaurants, shops, supermarket, bus station. No wifi in the rooms just in the common area and kitchen but it was that bad, it makes the opportunitty to get to know others travelers in those areas. I had a great time in malta...

My room was very clean and well kept. They keys for lockers which is nice. Wifi hardly works and is only available in the main lobby. Staff were almost all interns from France so when asked a question they had no idea. Overall, just an average stay.

The hostel is very nice, but the internet is horrible it doesn't work in the rooms and in the living room is still bad. The shower in bathroom number 6 wet all the floor, could be good if they fix it. Anyway I enjoyed mystay there.

Good place to stay with nice common kitchen. Was a bit hard to find because there is no sign on the outside with the name. First time i stayed there we had a double room which was nice. Second time we got a twin room which to my surprise had a bunk bed which was terrible because it made a lot of noise with every move you made (it's a pity they didn't simply fix it to the wall).

Nothing bad to say. Great staff, great beds, great showers, extremely clean. They help me to call a tqxi and the hostel is near the bus stop. And it is cheapp!!!! No regreats! I'll come back!

Great hostel, keys to front door, your room and personal locker, friendly environment. Wifi in the common areas.