Corner Hostel Reviews

Driesener Strasse 17, 10439, Berlin, Germany

It is a nice hostel! Super close to two different metro/tram stations. I stay in the 10people dorm, it was full, but non of us has aby kind of troubles.

Good location ,also very quiet for sleeping,clean,fully equipped kitchen and friendly staff.

The staff was exceptionally friendly. They even let us pay later because we were having difficulties with credit cards and finding compatible ATMs. They only accept cash, which came as a shock to us. However, the hostel location was in a regular neighborhood in East Berlin, with lots of locals, and is very discreet. There isn't much to do around the hostel. you have to go into the city center for that. There is a market on Friday mornings nearby, which is nice.

The hostel is quite nice how ever doesn't look like the best deal. You have to pay +3 euro for bed linen if you don't cary your own. There is only one key for every room and that doesn't make it safe, e.g if you wan't to sleep you cant lock the door so other roommates won't wake you up. Our room door was damaged and many times found it open.. However the location was great especially if you have already visited berlin and want to see some not very central locations.

I stayed in a basic but comfortable 8-bed dorm in early summer. Even though it was very hot outside, the temperature inside was just fine. Everything very clean, the staff very nice and lots of space to meet other travelers. The free parking is a public spot close to the hostel. Wifi does not reach dorm, but very fast and stable in common area. Several S-Bahn stations, including Berlin Gesundbrunnen, in walking distance - perfect!

• 6th Jun 2014

Great deal with nice full kitchen and good beds and best of all really clean bedding and sheets! It is in the real Berlin of the Prenzlauer Berg area and walking distance to Schoenhauser S train and U2. Many trams nearby too and corner store and bakery and tons of well priced full service restaurants close by. Renting a bike to explore northeast Berlin is a must and a very good value for the money all around. Highly recommended for a few days or more. Save and shop fabulous Berlin culture deals

1st, they did not issue a reciet and tried to over charge me from what the remaining balance on my email was. I was charged €35 instead of €21, and they only refunded €11. 2nd, security was very poor. I returned at 4 am. There is 24 hr reception, but nobody at the desk to see who was coming in. They did not issue a key for the room or building, so theoretically, anybody could have come in. Overall, decent quality for what I paid for. Shower facilities were good and hostel was clean.

Will you be so kind to ask hostel manager to send me the Invoice for my stay there. Thank you!