Corner Hostel Reviews

Swidnicka Street 13, Wroclaw, Poland

Excellent location, great security, decent staff; however the beds are infested with bed bugs. My friends and I all woke up with bites.

• 17th Apr 2014

Great relation prize-quality. Perfect location two minutes away from the main square.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Security was not definitely the strong point of the hostel, first and only night a drunk guy got into the lift with me (while we were going down) , because for a reason that I unknown, he reached the hostel, obviously I was I kind of play for him...quite unease, certainly. Attention no so inquisitive at all, lack of information how the hostel works aslo was another setback.

Corner Hostel location is quite good but it's very noisy, you can't have windows open because of street noise. It has bad smell because of KFC downstairs. Everything smells fried chicken after few hours at hostel. People was rude, on friday night someone puked in the stairs and nonone cleaned it up. On Saturday night people came back to the hostel during the night and early morning being noisy and rude and no hostel staff did anything . They just don't care.

There are about 10 rooms in a floor and only 2 bathrooms (toilet inside). I was in floor 4 and in neither bathroom the shower was working. Besides that, staff is great, location perfect.

Very nice place, everything was fine, except the showers: One had only boiling hot water, the other was only dripping cold water.

Very nice, clean hostel. Didn't meet too many people in the common rooms but then again it was off season.

Beds were really comfortable and bathrooms were good. However, the showers water temperature control didn't work properly. Plus there was no soap rack which was annoying. The lockers in the rooms were a bit dodgy as well (couldn't lock them as the latches were not aligned). Also if you guys installed a bar it would definitely improve the atmosphere and community feel of the hostel

It was okay, not much to say here. There is an alright view from the 5th floor, thank god there is an elevator, but depending on where you are - there isn't much to look at besides a boring interstate. The entire atmosphere was black, what kind of madman thought black was a good idea? The common room was nice too, but the wall decoration look very poorly drawn from models. Also, the staff is very stiff and depressive and I don't think they would make a shout if there was a fire in there.

Well connected to the city with tram #3 and #7. Good value for money and friendly staff. Quite good.

Not a bad hostel overall but be warned, it smells like you're living in a giant deep fryer! This is because of its location over the KFC. Not a bad place otherwise, but I left with all my belongings smelling like fried chicken, so I wasn't too impressed. We stayed on the main floor (reception) - 5th? Maybe it's better on other floors. Helpful enough staff and good location, but I'd look elsewhere if I were you.

Their security was good but still did not feel safe. The elevators are operated by your key and to get in to the front door there is a camera where you flash your key. When we walked up to our 8 bed mixed dorm the door handle was torn off. We paid the extra for an ensuite bathroom but the wood around the door (architrave) was broken, looked like someone kicked the door in so the door did not shut. Staff were very helpful. Location is great! Room felt dirty. Kitchen very handy and breakfast good.

There is something to do about the third floor bathroom where the water is way too hot...