Corniglia Dream Rooms Reviews

Via Fieschi 156, Corniglia, Cinque Terre, Italy

The staff was very unfriendly and even yelled at us for taking a shower at 10pm! Reaching the hotel was quite a challenge with our luggage as we had to climb a lot of stairs. However, the roof top view was amazing overlooking the see

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

The room we booked did not have a window! It was a dark hole with no natural light from outside. A room like that shouldn't be on hostelworld.com! It was definately not a Corniglia Dream, more of a nightmare when we opened te door to te room! We were glad we just booked one night!

A little miscommunications between the family makes things a bit confusing but overall very good. Cornigillia was our favorite town as it seems to be the least touristy

This place is amazing. Romina is very nice and accommodating, the rooftop patio has an amazing view, and the cafe down the stairs has great food (free wi-fi). I highly recommend Corniglia; it was a much slower pace, and has fewer people so you can relax and not worry about pickpockets.

• 1st Jun 2014

Excellent view but the room wasn't so good and the bathroom was not nice. Hot water ran out very quickly.

The staff was terrible. I can not understand how they destroy a beatiful place like this by being so rude and unfriendly to their client. I wanted to use the terrace and asked kindly if it is possible to use it more 1 hours and she said rudely '' no i dont care, it is not important to me .you might pay money for the room but it is my house.'' She was almost gonna scream to me for night. I did not wanna be rude. She also said me that write a negative comment. I do not care. So that here I am .

• 9th May 2014
  • Turkey

Hostel's main benefits are exclusive location and the roof-top terrace - views are astonishing at day and at night and the surroundings are quiet. The hosts hardly speak any English, but are nice and welcoming, of course in a peculiar Italian way :-) Excellent value for money.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Latvia

The location was easy to find as Corniglia is a small villiage. The owner showed me the relevant information and took a cash only payment on arrival. She was not the friendliest of people but I was not there to make best friends. The room was comfortable and clean with beautiful views. It was lovely sitting on the roof terrace and probably the best views in corniglia. I would stay at this property again.

• 30th Apr 2014

The hostel room i stayed in was great, included towels and shampoo but i was really really disappointed in the service. First, we arrive and are told to go to another building to be housed in. Once we are there the woman/owner was just rude and inconsiderate. Spoke very little english and wasn't concerned with anything besides the money portion.

• 24th Apr 2014

We really enjoyed our stay and are very happy we chose Corniglia Dream Rooms for our accommodation. The view from our window was simply stunning and the roof terrace was a great perk! Only downside is the shared bathroom is a bit far away but this wasn't really a problem.

quite a good room, good and clean toilet and shower. all expected facilities including a common fridge and freezer. .very nice terrace on the roof with good views of the sea and monterosso al mare. some interesting books to read in the common room.

The room that I stayed in was very nice - clean with a very nice bathroom and balcony. However, I found that the young man who served me was very awkward! Coming into my room to see whether I was leaving yet etc. Just felt a bit unproffesional for how much I paid for a room in the middle of winter! Didn't ever see the landlady,

• 23rd Jan 2014

it is really hard to find the owner.

First, the owner was not so welcoming. She told us the important thing, but nothing more! I asked her for the directions of the place because I could not find anything on Google and she only replied by giving me the address once more. We were lucky to talk with the shutlle bus driven, otherwise we sould have been completely lost. We were there in December and she did not turn on the heater that much. Me and husband were freezing the whole night. I would not recommend this place to any friends

A better set of directions on arrival would be helpful. Ie brown, wooden door for key holder.

• 1st Oct 2013

Amazing sunset seeing at the terrace! The basic room is clean but not an ensuite bathroom, which is on the ground floor. Maybe the deluxe room has an ensuite one. Do pack lightly if you would like to stay at Corniglia, very quiet and less tourist among the 5 terre.

This place was extremely hard to find and we chose them because they said they take credit card. Wrong. They do not so had to pay unneccessary ATM fees to get cash. Once we got our room we enjoyed the beautiful village of Corniglia. Would have appreciated being given a map or told some high points to see. Really this is just a family who is renting out a room that speaks little english. Don't go in thinking it will be anything like a hostel and be ready to pay cash.

The view from the window is worth it! You just have to cover your bases, make sure you book through an agency, and be polite, never get on the daughters bad side. We were woken up at 8. Am by the daughter screaming and stomping at our neighbour be cause the mother double booked the room. When I read other people's reviews like this I didn't believe it or thought there must of been a different reason... Sure enough. Any ways great value and the deck is incredible, best view in cinque terra!

Room was fine - overlooking the sea, which in Montersosso and the other towns, we found you paid a high price for that option. Great value for room - this was not a B&B; just room.There was a fridge in the dining room, outside our bedroom, which was handy to chill the beers and prosecco in. Top floor balcony with table and chairs + view where you could chill with food & drink. Only gripe- there should have been lights on the balcony -we were sitting there in the dark drinking our prosecco! :(

• 8th Sep 2013

Very nice and clean room. The view from the terrace is absolutely breathtaking, which compensates the hastiness of the owners. Good experience overall, Corniglia is an amazing place.

• 31st Aug 2013