Corniglia Dream Rooms Reviews

Via Fieschi 156, Corniglia, Cinque Terre, Italy

I would not recomand this room at all !!! First the host was not present at the adress we knew, a post--it was on the door and we had to found itw on our on, and we've spend 30 to found it. Then the host is really not polite and welcoming, she even did not dare to give us the money back on what we gave us, so first she is a thief and then she is a liar because we did not get a room with a bathroom, the bathroom was located outside of the room on the ground floor. It's quite simply unacceptable !

Room was very romantic. It was actually a studio flat, with kitchen and a dinner table (which we didn't use). Even though I'm not sure if that was one of the "official" rooms, or room a friend of the owner. Anyhow, we had a good experience. Getting there is a bit tricky. You need take a bus from train station of Corniglia. Then to walk some stairs inside the village - better to do with a backpack, not an ordinary suitcase.

We were five girls travelling together and rented the three rooms. The middle one did not have a shower or toilet. The lady showing us around seemed like she didnt like people, and she would come into our livingroom without knocking or saying a word. She made us feel unwelcome in a strange silent/bodylanguage way. Really awkward.. That being told the view from the terrasse was everything we thaught it would be and more. The silent lady told us that it closed at ten in the evening.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Norway

Everything was wonderful! The best part of the place was the rooftop terrace--beautiful views and a lovely way to spend the evening with wine and a snack. Rosmina, the owner, was nice and friendly, allowing us to stay upstairs a little past the terrace curfew. Be prepared to walk up a lot of steps in Corniglia!

Corneglia is one of the quieter villages on the Cinque terre trail. Very private quiet room with small ensuite and beautiful ocean views. Rooftop patio available for relaxation. Access to accommodation was up several flights of very steep stairs, but the views were worth it. Would definitely be happy to stay here again.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was very unfriendly and even yelled at us for taking a shower at 10pm! Reaching the hotel was quite a challenge with our luggage as we had to climb a lot of stairs. However, the roof top view was amazing overlooking the see

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

The room we booked did not have a window! It was a dark hole with no natural light from outside. A room like that shouldn't be on hostelworld.com! It was definately not a Corniglia Dream, more of a nightmare when we opened te door to te room! We were glad we just booked one night!

A little miscommunications between the family makes things a bit confusing but overall very good. Cornigillia was our favorite town as it seems to be the least touristy

This place is amazing. Romina is very nice and accommodating, the rooftop patio has an amazing view, and the cafe down the stairs has great food (free wi-fi). I highly recommend Corniglia; it was a much slower pace, and has fewer people so you can relax and not worry about pickpockets.

• 1st Jun 2014

Excellent view but the room wasn't so good and the bathroom was not nice. Hot water ran out very quickly.

The staff was terrible. I can not understand how they destroy a beatiful place like this by being so rude and unfriendly to their client. I wanted to use the terrace and asked kindly if it is possible to use it more 1 hours and she said rudely '' no i dont care, it is not important to me .you might pay money for the room but it is my house.'' She was almost gonna scream to me for night. I did not wanna be rude. She also said me that write a negative comment. I do not care. So that here I am .

• 9th May 2014
  • Turkey

Hostel's main benefits are exclusive location and the roof-top terrace - views are astonishing at day and at night and the surroundings are quiet. The hosts hardly speak any English, but are nice and welcoming, of course in a peculiar Italian way :-) Excellent value for money.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Latvia

The location was easy to find as Corniglia is a small villiage. The owner showed me the relevant information and took a cash only payment on arrival. She was not the friendliest of people but I was not there to make best friends. The room was comfortable and clean with beautiful views. It was lovely sitting on the roof terrace and probably the best views in corniglia. I would stay at this property again.

• 30th Apr 2014

The hostel room i stayed in was great, included towels and shampoo but i was really really disappointed in the service. First, we arrive and are told to go to another building to be housed in. Once we are there the woman/owner was just rude and inconsiderate. Spoke very little english and wasn't concerned with anything besides the money portion.

• 24th Apr 2014

We really enjoyed our stay and are very happy we chose Corniglia Dream Rooms for our accommodation. The view from our window was simply stunning and the roof terrace was a great perk! Only downside is the shared bathroom is a bit far away but this wasn't really a problem.

quite a good room, good and clean toilet and shower. all expected facilities including a common fridge and freezer. .very nice terrace on the roof with good views of the sea and monterosso al mare. some interesting books to read in the common room.

The room that I stayed in was very nice - clean with a very nice bathroom and balcony. However, I found that the young man who served me was very awkward! Coming into my room to see whether I was leaving yet etc. Just felt a bit unproffesional for how much I paid for a room in the middle of winter! Didn't ever see the landlady,

• 23rd Jan 2014

it is really hard to find the owner.

First, the owner was not so welcoming. She told us the important thing, but nothing more! I asked her for the directions of the place because I could not find anything on Google and she only replied by giving me the address once more. We were lucky to talk with the shutlle bus driven, otherwise we sould have been completely lost. We were there in December and she did not turn on the heater that much. Me and husband were freezing the whole night. I would not recommend this place to any friends

A better set of directions on arrival would be helpful. Ie brown, wooden door for key holder.

• 1st Oct 2013