Coroleuhouse-BCN Reviews

Coroleu 33 Bis, Barcelona, Spain

Coroleuhouse was awesome! We totally enjoyed it and felt totally safe there and loved how clean the entire place was. It is abut half an hour from Las Ramblas and the Gothic area, but the metro is very easy to figure out and so it all worked out well :)

• 11th Aug 2014

Excellent placeto stay at Barcelona. Not in the center of town but near a metro station. Very clean and nice place, with A/C and nice people.

We felt like home from the first minute, everthing is nice and very clean. Super equipped kitchen. The best Place to stay in Barcelona and probably the best Hostel in the world!!!

• 5th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel, Jose Maria is very friendly and helpful. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Metro station is 5 min walking from hostel. It's 10 min with metro to the city center. outside patio is very comfortable. Btw, Sant Andreu is very good neighborhood.

Best hostel! Jose Maria is the best host you could imagine, so friendly and helpful! His mother tries to help you too but she only speaks Spanish. Everything is always clean - the bathrooms are modern and bright and are cleaned every day. The hostel is like a house so you will make friends in an instance. The living room is the place to meet and have a drink. The 6 bed dorm is in the attic and spacious enough, allowing to meet your roommates. Definitely will stay here again!

I really recommend :) This is the best hostel where I was. Very nice and very very very clean. Very nice, modern rooms,comfortable beds. Rooms are equipped with air conditioning. Well equipped kitchen (like at home), is a washing machine. It is a very nice terrace. It is quiet and peaceful, the perfect place to go with family or friends. Nice, safe neighborhood with a lot of shops. Great access to the city center. The owners are wonderful, helpful, friendly and happy people with good energy :)

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Poland

very clean hostel located a little bit further from the city center. the owner and the staff in general is awesome and i felt very good and safe there. the house is newly renovated, theres a kitchen with everything you can look for. i would recommend anyone to come here. loved it! :)

It is an amazing stay. It's like a house. That's why you interfere with other people in the 'house' very easily. It's clean and gives enough space. The owner, José Marino, is very kind en knows everything you need to know about the city. I know where i would return the next time in barca..

• 20th Jul 2014

Coroleu house is a great place for discovering all beuties of Barcelona. The neighbourhood is really local and cheap, metro is not far away, and Jose Maria is just amazing, friendly and helpful guy. He gave us so many useful tips that we could enjoy our week in BCN 100%. In the hostel we felt like home, we appracieated well-equiped kitchen, common room and especially outside terrace. Showers and toilets are clean, rooms as well (more space in the room would be good, but we managed :-) )

Coroleuhouse is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Very clean and easy to get to. More importantly, the staff makes you feel right at home. They were so welcoming and gave us a great information during our stay in Barcelona. We will definitely stay here again in the future, Coroleuhouse es uno de los mejores hosteles que he quedado. Fue limpio y es accessable. Mas importante, todos los emploeados son tan simoaticos. Me dieron mucho informacion util para mi tiempo en barcelona.

• 12th Jul 2014

This hostel felt more like my own townhouse in Barcelona that I came to visit. This hostel has all the facilities, great location close to two subway stations. The neighborhood is completely local so we saw the real life in Barcelona. This is not a party hostel, but after noisy city life it is a great place to rest and process your impressions. I highly recommend this place!

I had a great time at coroleu house, Jose the manager is seriously the nicest and sweetest person I've ever met and makes you feel so welcome and comfortable, thank you Jose! The hostel is a little far away from the center but I liked it because you get a little bit more of a cultural experience, seeing as how it's not right in the middle of touristy attractions, and the food and places to go around the hostel are authentic. I would def stay again hands down

• 28th Jun 2014

I really enjoyed the time I spent at Coroleu! It was my first time both in Europe and in a hostel so this was a great introductory experience. Jose Maria was an amazing host and the facilities were sparkling clean. It is quite far away from downtown, though... The subway ride can be tedious. But other than that, I loved my stay there and would definitely stay there again. Watch out for those steep stairs up to the top-floor dorms, ha ha!

Usually I don`t rate badly - this time I have to. I had canceled my last three nights way in advance directly with the hostel. Nevertheless, I had to pay for these nights a small amount. Additionally, I had to cancel too short-dated the first two nights due to strike in France as my flight was cancelled. I had to pay them completely plus one EUR more "tourist tax". The owner refused to give my a receipt or bill, only if I would mail him my tax ID he would be able to issue one, he said.

The owner of the hostel was really accommodating. He gave us valuable information on what to visit in Barcelona. Our experience was great in every aspect. Thank you very much for everything.

• 18th Jun 2014

Very very friendly. The tips and recommendations were great and it was awesome being able to contact Jose Maria on-the-go and being able to ask him nearby places to go!

• 9th Jun 2014

The guest house was probably the best one I have done! The owner was very nice and really take of you. The neighborhood was great and peaceful. A place to be when you go to Barcelona!

• 2nd Jun 2014

I loved staying here. José María was extremely welcoming and helpful, and the house is in great condition. Although the place is located a bit further from the old city than other options, I didn't feel that this was much of a drawback. Barcelona is pretty compact, and as others have mentioned, it is easy to get to downtown. Also, San Andreu itself is quite interesting and I enjoyed walking around and getting some feel for the lifestyle there.

Staff and the terrace area were just what we needed. Kitchen was good and we appreciated access to a fridge, microwave, tea and coffee and jug etc which have not been that common. Drunks coming back early morning and wanting to buzzed in meant a broken sleep was the only negative. Not having owner on site could be a problem if you have no phone or wifi though.

• 21st May 2014

I had a wonderful time, it was certainly the best place I stayed at. Jose Maria was a terrific host, and was readily available for his guests, even if he wasn't always on site. The location was perfect, as it was in a lovely neighborhood of Barcelona and very easy (and cheap) to get to the city center. Jose Maria had many suggestions on where to go based on your budgets and interests. He loves the city so it was a pleasure to stay there. Everything was comfortable and clean. Perfect Stay!

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts