Coroleuhouse-BCN Reviews

Coroleu 33 Bis, Barcelona, Spain

Nice hostel (very nice kitchen) with the very friendly and helpful owner Jose Maria, who gave us a lot of usefull advices for our holidays. located in the district of st andreou, 20 minutes from city center or 12 € taxi costs from placa catalunya. we will definetly come back and really enjoyed our stay. max, paul, ben

The hostel isn't located in a typical tourist area, but with the metro you get in the city super fast and experience the local ways of living. The owner and operator of the hostel is very courteous and provides excellent introductions to the city and property. Also, the price was very reasonable and we had not expected a hostel with this equipment. The only thing we would criticize is that although there are two showers, one of them isn't lockable. All in all we would definitely recommend it!

Jose Maria was awesome Barcelona was awesome I will never forget it because of the positive people at the hostel that were very helpful! I will be coming back in February for a short vacation this time! Thank you Jose Maria keep up the good job! Jihan, Suban, and Hodan

It was wonderful to stay in José Maria's Hostel. It is situated in a very nice, quiet area but still isn't far away from the city centre. We really felt at home in this hostel!

It is the first time to review for hostel even I have been using hostel world for many years. This time I want to review for my Amiga Jose Maria!! I want to let u know how people feel like at home at Coroleu! They have such nice hospitality for example, When I found out that bathrooms key was broken, Jose maria went to shop and fixed in next morning. He was really helpful for everything. You will love your home in Barcelona.

CoroleuHouse is awesome place to stay in Barcelona. The location is quiet and peaceful, near the metro station. And Jose Maria is so kind and sociable person, and his mother too.

That was an amazing stay, I really liked it. the owner is very helpful, the house is very clean, but it's a little away from the city center.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Egypt

This is the best hostel we've ever been to! It is clean and tidy, very well equipped with new stuff. The host - Jose Maria is a very hospitable guy - he wants you to feel at home and enjoy Barcelona. Don't be scared about the distance from the centre - it's about 10 to 15 minutes away from all of major sites, and in Barcelona you will have to use metro anyway. Thank you!

Jose is great. Really helpful and friendly. The place has lots of local shops, easy to find, great for connections to the airport and center of Barcelona. Good facilities, everything you need to cook, great lounge and small garden. Plus air conditioning! It was by far the best hostel we stayed in whilst away.

• 27th Aug 2014

We arrived and was greeted by the mother . Who spoke no English and it was impossible to understand her. The location is 45 mins from the town. So if you want to go out, or go into the city every day. I don't suggest to stay here. It was nice to get away from the tourist as well . The area is quiet . The mother came into the house all the time to check what was going on. Felt like you were a child. Not aloud to put the air con on in this place also. You'll get yelled at by the mother!

Friendly,kindness,good for money.It's hard to find so clean, safe, good for money hostel as here in Barcelona. I feel lucky and happiness to stay there. If I can stay longer , I will book more days.

Coroleuhouse was awesome! We totally enjoyed it and felt totally safe there and loved how clean the entire place was. It is abut half an hour from Las Ramblas and the Gothic area, but the metro is very easy to figure out and so it all worked out well :)

• 11th Aug 2014

Excellent placeto stay at Barcelona. Not in the center of town but near a metro station. Very clean and nice place, with A/C and nice people.

This is not hostel! It is my home in Barcelona! I came early around 7 am, and José Maria let me checked in early. The room is spacious, with locker, (and whole house) is fully equipped with AC. Bathroom is always clean. Kitchen is equipped with modern kitchen-tools! José Maria & his mom would make sure you enjoy your stay, & I did really enjoy every time I spent in Coroleuhouse. I met with other traveler and had great time with them in the "dining table" in the backyard! Muchas gracias ;)

We felt like home from the first minute, everthing is nice and very clean. Super equipped kitchen. The best Place to stay in Barcelona and probably the best Hostel in the world!!!

• 5th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel, Jose Maria is very friendly and helpful. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Metro station is 5 min walking from hostel. It's 10 min with metro to the city center. outside patio is very comfortable. Btw, Sant Andreu is very good neighborhood.

Beautifully renovated clean house. The location was in a nice neighbourhood, clean and felt safe. Health food stores close to the hostel. Small windy staircase up to our dorm, pretty dangerous with luggage. A skylight in the dorm which let light in from the hallway which kept us awake. Poor wifi reception. The hostel owner came in to our dorm room after midnight twice and turned light on and spoke loudly, did not appreciate this. He was friendly and tried to be really helpfully.

Best hostel! Jose Maria is the best host you could imagine, so friendly and helpful! His mother tries to help you too but she only speaks Spanish. Everything is always clean - the bathrooms are modern and bright and are cleaned every day. The hostel is like a house so you will make friends in an instance. The living room is the place to meet and have a drink. The 6 bed dorm is in the attic and spacious enough, allowing to meet your roommates. Definitely will stay here again!

I really recommend :) This is the best hostel where I was. Very nice and very very very clean. Very nice, modern rooms,comfortable beds. Rooms are equipped with air conditioning. Well equipped kitchen (like at home), is a washing machine. It is a very nice terrace. It is quiet and peaceful, the perfect place to go with family or friends. Nice, safe neighborhood with a lot of shops. Great access to the city center. The owners are wonderful, helpful, friendly and happy people with good energy :)

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Poland

very clean hostel located a little bit further from the city center. the owner and the staff in general is awesome and i felt very good and safe there. the house is newly renovated, theres a kitchen with everything you can look for. i would recommend anyone to come here. loved it! :)

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts