Corona Backpackers Reviews

72 Grafton St, Cairns, Australia

Nowhere secure for luggage storage, but other than that, a pretty standard backpacker's. No cups in the kitchen, however. Excellent staff, really helpful and just an overall friendly, plus really really good value for the money! Booked for $13/night. Not the world's best hostel, but usually a $13/night hostel is terrifying, and this one was a delight.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad that you found us as a delight. We pride ourselves on being able to provide our customers with great value for money. We take your feed back seriously and are currently replenishing the kitchen with more cups Corona Team

It's very small hostel, WiFi is not free. The staff were not really helpful or friendly. It was very clean and I did enjoy the company of the people staying there. I would not stay here again. Sorry.

The staff at Corona are amazing! They helped us book our reef tour and walked us through other things we could do in the area and beyond. There was no pressure or sales tactics used, like you find at some other tourist shops. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. They also give a meal voucher here that gets you a huge meal and a boozy drink for only $7.

Great value for money and great location! We were running late and my phone died but the woman at reception had arranged for my keys to be held until I got there..she was fantastic! Would definitely come back here :)

An ok hostel, very basic with incredibly small bunk beds, even though rooms were fairly large. Windows left open above doors so pretty noisy. Tiny kitchen and bathrooms/showers were not very well laid out. Good central location though.

There aren't any lockers for your stuff, but you can put all your important stuff into the reception (but you could only get them at office hours). The beds were good. The showers were short (I'm 1.88m so it was hard for me) but they had hot water all the time. There was a lot of noise during the night. It is a really good place for young people for the price as they gave away lots of cupons and discounts for attractions.

• 21st Jun 2015

Great hostel for those on a budget. Lots of backpackers looking for work. Only downside is there is no common area apart from the kitchen. Staff were great and the location is perfect.

Familylike, small, nice, cheap

• 2nd Jun 2015

I stayed at a few hostels in Cairns but Corona's was the best one! Loved that it was across from Gilligans but that you couldn't hear the music too much from across the street