Corona Backpackers Reviews

72 Grafton St, Cairns, Australia

This place looks so shady, especially since it was right opposite Gilligans- really pales in comparison. While it was rather clean, there was only one hook in the shower, which made it real inconvenient. The main problem is that it is very noisy at night- the people in the hostel seem not to need to sleep so they were shouting all night long. The walls of the room were not very helpful in keeping the noise out.

Hi Jia Hui, It a shame you feel this way about our hostel, particularly after only one nights stay when you arrived so late and departed so early in the morning. Im not even entirely certain this review is even meant for us as we have multiple hangers in our showers and a multiple nightly security patrols to keep our Hostel safe and quiet at night. Good luck for the rest of your travel in Australia, you will soon come to appreciate the quality operation we run at very competitive pricing.

Very nice staff! Excelent location! The hostel has a small kitchen and do not provide lockers, but it's clean, affordable and good atmosphere. They also book tours, if you want to.

Good value for money. The hostel has a great location - close to the city center, shops, bars, restaurants etc. They have great meal deals at the local Irish pub - $6,50 for a meal and drink! Nice people and great staff.

This hostel is OK. Price is great, location is pretty good, but there is no real common room, only one dining table in the kitchen so I found it hard to get to know people here. In general, it's not a great hostel, but not a bad one either, so if you want to save some money and don't expect to be hanging out at your accommodation, this is probably as good as it gets.

The guy at the reception was trying hard to make people laughing, unfortunately not succeeding. When I asked him something, he understood something different, got angry and started to shout, while I calmed him down. Reception times are not so convenient. Since there were plenty of nicer hostels, I decided to move elsewhere. Kitchen is small, nothing organized.

Very nice, small hostel just few minutes from the lagoon. Besides the strange reception hours, everything was perfect. I really enjoyed my stay here and would especially recommend it to poor backpackers like myself, as the hostel is also quite cheap ;-)

• 6th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Dear Wendy, Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hostel. It was a pleasure having you stay here with us and we wish you all the best in your future travels. cheers Team Corona

We stayed at coronas for a week, cause we really enjoyed it. The location is just perfect. It is opposite gilligans and just a one minute walk to peterpans,woolworths, and all the pubs and clubs. But still you can sleep in the night. The staff is really friendly, they try to remember you and your name, so it's pretty personal. Furthermore, the facilities and rooms are always clean. We really liked it there and I would totally recommend this hostel to you if you also wanna catch some sleep

• 27th Apr 2014

We have never seen a "free meal" for 6,50 before ;)

• 9th Apr 2014

Manager is friendly and helpful but there is a lack of care of facilities in the kitchen and because of this the guests don't make any effort to keep things clean and tidy. Very average with very small bunk beds but for a budget hostel you get what you pay for. Did the job nicely.

Corona is AMAZING!!!! A lovely small friendly hostel where after spending just a day there, you end up talking to at least one other backpacker - great atmosphere for meeting people without a late -night party atmosphere. Great price and location for Cairns. Fab clean rooms, great friendly down-to-earth staff who help book trips and give advise on what to do around Cairns, lovely town of Cairns. Great memories!

• 15th Mar 2014

The location is really good, staff is awesome and rooms are incredibly clean and spacious! You even have your own fridge in the room. The kitchen/common area is clean as well. It closes at 1030 pm though so if you're looking for a big party hostel where you can drink for the whole night, Corona is not the best for that. There are many bars nearby though, for example the famous Gilligans which is just across the road. All in all a really good experience.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Finland

This hostel was such good value value to money. The girl on reception was very friendly and helpful. It has a small communal area but if you want to party gilligans is opposite. The room was HUGE for a four bed.

Great hostel, location is awesome for partying or if you are working in the town. Staff are always friendly and helpful.

• 28th Feb 2014

Great meal deal!! The only bad is the opening hours of the reception

Cheap location, unfriendly or rather unemotive staff with poor knowledge about what is going on here. reception opens at 8 keep that in mind! atmosphere was nonexistent WiFi too expensive. the Rooms were alright but no AC ,the shower facilities could be improved and there are no free meals, you have to pay 6,50 and get a free drink - other hostels offer it the other way round, which might be cheaper. not a bad hostel, but you can find better ones with more vibe+charm

This Place has everything You Need for a really Good Price. Tae Sun and Amy Are Abel to help you with everything You Need! It has a Perfect Location nothing is far away. It's really clean and each room has a fridge! A perfect backpacker for people who want to save some money! Stay here and enjoy Cairns!! I really enjoyed my stay in his backpacker and will come back for sure!!

• 6th Feb 2014

Very good value for money! Rooms are quite spacious and clean. Bathrooms were clean. The hostel wasnt crowded and it was quiet. Price was really cheap. I definetly recommend this hostel.

I really enjoyed my 2 nights stay here. Location great, in the centre of town near everything. Across the road from the Infamous "Gilligans" but still quiet enough to sleep. The only problem I am a smoker, and when I rang previous to booking to ask about the smoking area I was told there was one, but when I arrived you have to sit on the fire stairs on the outside of the building on the steps to have your wine a smokes, I had a saw bum for 2 days after.