Corona Backpackers Reviews

72 Grafton St, Cairns, Australia

The staff at Corona are amazing! They helped us book our reef tour and walked us through other things we could do in the area and beyond. There was no pressure or sales tactics used, like you find at some other tourist shops. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. They also give a meal voucher here that gets you a huge meal and a boozy drink for only $7.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great value for money and great location! We were running late and my phone died but the woman at reception had arranged for my keys to be held until I got there..she was fantastic! Would definitely come back here :)

An ok hostel, very basic with incredibly small bunk beds, even though rooms were fairly large. Windows left open above doors so pretty noisy. Tiny kitchen and bathrooms/showers were not very well laid out. Good central location though.

There aren't any lockers for your stuff, but you can put all your important stuff into the reception (but you could only get them at office hours). The beds were good. The showers were short (I'm 1.88m so it was hard for me) but they had hot water all the time. There was a lot of noise during the night. It is a really good place for young people for the price as they gave away lots of cupons and discounts for attractions.

• 21st Jun 2015

Great hostel for those on a budget. Lots of backpackers looking for work. Only downside is there is no common area apart from the kitchen. Staff were great and the location is perfect.

Familylike, small, nice, cheap

• 2nd Jun 2015

I stayed at a few hostels in Cairns but Corona's was the best one! Loved that it was across from Gilligans but that you couldn't hear the music too much from across the street

Awesome hostel! staff was super helpful with booking trips. I recommend doing a dive rip it reef encounter - had such nice time. lockers in the rooms would be nice... but apart from that everything was perfect!

We arrived at midnight and left early in the morning so there's not much I can say about the hostel. It was quite warm and there were some people talking all night outside our room, but apart from that it looked like a fun hostel to stay at.

Well... the hostel itself was ok for the price, but since there's no staff around after 8 in the evening people do whatever they want there. Like they stole my friend's towel when he was showering and threw it in the toilet. And some other people spent the night partying directly outside our door despite being exactly below the "don't be here after 11pm"-sign, and being asked politely -repeatedly- to keep it down... Also the kitchen is a joke. Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else.

basic hostel but party hostel!

Friendly staff, perfect location opposite Gilligans and 2 minutes from the supermarket. 10 min walk to the Lagoon. Small hostel with a kitchen to hang out and cook food. I liked it here, met great people too which is a bonus!v Some of the bun beds are a little tired and very small, top bunk is better on this occasion. Otherwise cheap and you get what you pay for, would recommend to anyone.

Amy (I think that was her name) at reception was absolutely lovely and so helpful. This hostel isn't anything special but it's very well located and the AC is so nice. It's pretty clean and there's fridges in the rooms which is nice. Not a lot of outlets in the rooms. I have no big complaints but no rave reviews, except for the staff which were all really nice.

When I arrived to hostel there were really dirty bed clothes waiting for me! Hair everywhere. Now I also know that "backpackers hostel" in Australia means basically same as kindergarten. There was screaming and shouting every night in the hostel and no one cares. If you are 18yo and like to party, this is your place. But if you need just place to sleep I recommend to stay somewhere else.

Corona was exactly what I was looking for - clean and centrally located, and for the right price.

• 3rd Mar 2015