Corona Backpackers Reviews

72 Grafton St, Cairns, Australia

great discounts on food, clubs, and tours, but the reception desk is closed 8pm-8am AND 12pm-4pm. Such a hassle if you need to checkin/out at those times or store/pick up luggage. Bathrooms lack soap, only have one sink per floor and are less than ideal in terms of cleanliness (but not awful). Great location.

Loved my stay .. I really enjoyed the time there!

Good hostel for a cheap price. The location is perfect in the central of Carins. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Lovely hostel in the city centre right opposite the famous Gilligan's. It is a nice cosy hostel with a lot of interaction between the guests. The rooms are spacious and the receptionist is really helpful. As I solo traveller I had a brilliant time there, and have met a lot of great people. Extra bonus: often free entrance wristbands for Woolshed and PJ's are spread between the guests.

There is no place to hang out and meet anybody. It's basically just a place to sleep.

It's a well placed hostel in the city, walkable to all the major shops and restaurants etc around. Good thing in Cairns, is that most of the attraction tours have pickup shuttles from the major hostels, including this one. The staff are very friendly and helpful to make your stay comfortable here. Cleanliness is good enough for what you get for this cost. Ofcourse a lot also depends on the kind of dorm-mates you get who keep the room neat or make it messy, with their stuff spread around.

Good and friendly staff, easy to deal with.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • India

Dear Sir, It was a pleasure hosting you and we wish you all the best on your future travels. Warmest Regards Corona Backpackers

This place looks so shady, especially since it was right opposite Gilligans- really pales in comparison. While it was rather clean, there was only one hook in the shower, which made it real inconvenient. The main problem is that it is very noisy at night- the people in the hostel seem not to need to sleep so they were shouting all night long. The walls of the room were not very helpful in keeping the noise out.

Hi Jia Hui, It a shame you feel this way about our hostel, particularly after only one nights stay when you arrived so late and departed so early in the morning. Im not even entirely certain this review is even meant for us as we have multiple hangers in our showers and a multiple nightly security patrols to keep our Hostel safe and quiet at night. Good luck for the rest of your travel in Australia, you will soon come to appreciate the quality operation we run at very competitive pricing.

Very nice staff! Excelent location! The hostel has a small kitchen and do not provide lockers, but it's clean, affordable and good atmosphere. They also book tours, if you want to.

Good value for money. The hostel has a great location - close to the city center, shops, bars, restaurants etc. They have great meal deals at the local Irish pub - $6,50 for a meal and drink! Nice people and great staff.

This hostel is OK. Price is great, location is pretty good, but there is no real common room, only one dining table in the kitchen so I found it hard to get to know people here. In general, it's not a great hostel, but not a bad one either, so if you want to save some money and don't expect to be hanging out at your accommodation, this is probably as good as it gets.

The guy at the reception was trying hard to make people laughing, unfortunately not succeeding. When I asked him something, he understood something different, got angry and started to shout, while I calmed him down. Reception times are not so convenient. Since there were plenty of nicer hostels, I decided to move elsewhere. Kitchen is small, nothing organized.

Very nice, small hostel just few minutes from the lagoon. Besides the strange reception hours, everything was perfect. I really enjoyed my stay here and would especially recommend it to poor backpackers like myself, as the hostel is also quite cheap ;-)

• 6th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Dear Wendy, Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hostel. It was a pleasure having you stay here with us and we wish you all the best in your future travels. cheers Team Corona

We stayed at coronas for a week, cause we really enjoyed it. The location is just perfect. It is opposite gilligans and just a one minute walk to peterpans,woolworths, and all the pubs and clubs. But still you can sleep in the night. The staff is really friendly, they try to remember you and your name, so it's pretty personal. Furthermore, the facilities and rooms are always clean. We really liked it there and I would totally recommend this hostel to you if you also wanna catch some sleep

• 27th Apr 2014