Cosmopolit Hotel

8.2
Fabulous 690 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2017

The staff were very friendly and it was a quick walk to all the big attractions. The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms were lovely in comparison to other Hostels.

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Jun 2017

This was probably one of the cleanest and quietest places we stayed during our two week backpacking trip. It was also conveniently located very close to the metro station. The only complaint we had about the dorm was how small it was. We were in a 4 person dorm for two nights and it was so tiny we could all hardly move in the room. When we went to leave we had to pack our luggage in the hall. However, we did spend one night in a private room and the size of that room was okay.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
13th Jun 2017
2.0

Walked into our room to see two bunk beds smushed into a tiny room. We couldn't even open our suitcases all the way. After walking through the slums of Athens for twenty minutes to find the place, all we wanted to do was lay down but that was almost impossible as we had to open our suitcases in the hall to find a change of clothing. The hotel was in probably one of the worst areas I've ever seen. Drug addicts, betters, and homeless people right outside the front door. We left a day early.

• USA, Male, 41+
11th Jun 2017

I have stayed at the Cosmopolit in the past and I have never been disappointed. The breakfast is great, the room is clean, my belongings are safe, the staff is friendly and the location, Omonia square, is unbelievably convenient.

9th Jun 2017
7.7

I would stay again. Location: Although not in the center, it is close to the neighborhood I most liked in Athens: Exarchia, where there are many cool bars, and I loved the atmosphere. Its 10-15 minutes walk to the acropolis or 1 metro stop, Very close to the amazing fish central market, and some other non touristic places which I loved. I do agree I did not feel completely safe at all times walking around in these areas, but I usually prefer to be in the real place than in a touristic bubble.

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
8th Jun 2017

The people running the place went above and beyond to help me.. really nice people and really nice hostel.

7th Jun 2017

The place is not from the metro. Not far to get food for cheap. The are is a bit rough after dark though. The young woman who checked in was very nice and helpful. The room was small, but nice to have an ensuite.

• shaycapuyan
  • Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
7th Jun 2017
8.0

Definitely not the best location, but can be tolerated. The room is nice and cozy and wifi is alright

4th Jun 2017

The area is sketchy to put it nicely, but that is true of any part of Athens, sadly. Do not go out past dark unless you're with good people. Although the staff will alert you which streets to avoid. The staff were very accommodating when I arrived much later than expected. There isn't much of a community feel here, so there is not much chance to meet other people. The breakfast really makes this place worth for the money!

• Australia, All Male Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
2nd Jun 2017
7.7

Stayed only one night and it was fine for that. Facilities aren't the best there is no PowerPoint for top bunks and no ladders either. But it's clean enough. Bathroom dark but otherwise fine. Very close to metro so it's easy to get around Athens from here. Was Good value for money especially being a Friday night.