Fabulous 264 Total Reviews
Fabulous 264 Total Reviews
Cosmopolitan Hostel Located at Rua Paulo Setubal, 53, Boa Viagem, Recife.
Brazil
Recife Pernambuco 51011520 Rua Paulo Setubal, 53, Boa Viagem
83% 264
-8.0997952 -34.8886336
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
16th Sep 2016
7.4

I met a few nice people here but didn't get the very including friendly vibe that I've gotten from a lot of other hostels in Brazil. Wouldn't let me shower or check in until 8 hours after I arrived (got in at 6am off a night bus and was dying for a rest and a shower so I was pretty rattled.)

• Germany, Female, 18-24
22nd Aug 2016
8.0

It is okay for the price, the stuff is really nice, gives good advice and takes you even to good Party places, especially Mel! Rooms though are small, but there is a nice community chill out area.

8th Aug 2016

Excellent staff

• Germany, Mixed Group, 18-24
29th Jul 2016

Best staff I've ever met at a hostel!

7th Jul 2016

The hostel is great, staff is fabulous and the bunnies are really cool idea. They also have some really nice trees and some of them even with fruits. Location was perfect (buses around the corner) and they gave me really good tips to make me enjoy my short time in Recife. I even saw some little monkeys jumping around and it was awesome!

• England, Female, 31-40
23rd Apr 2016
3.4

Infested with visible biting insects in the beds! Located down a dark street. Very warm in the house and bathrooms. AC on only overnight. Still too warm. Plastic mattresses and pillows so was sweating. After 2 hours sleep I was woken by the pain of several bites on my body. Lots of insects in my bed. Changed rooms. The same again and in my friends bed. Slept on the sofa! They refused to get the manager. Refused us a refund. They denied they had insects despite me showing them photos. Awful!

The two guests were not polite at all with our recepcionist. They were speaking loud and saying bad words with no respect. They asked to talk to me (the manager) and I wasn't there only because it was on a sunday and sundays are my day off and thanks GOD I deserve it. With all the respect, all the other guests from the same rooms as those guests did not mention about any insect. We had one guest at the same room for over a week and he never said a word about it. Maybe the guests came with it, but we cannot confirm it. About the refund, we did refund one night from their stay and we respected the "cancelation policy" exposed on their reservation. It is not fair to say we didn't refund as we did it. The filter on the kitchen is water for free we provide our guests. It is not something we have to do, but is with pleasure we offer it. Since we knoe the city is very warm and it is important to often drink water. About being slow... we sell bottled water in chase the guest don't want to wait for the filter to slowly and safely filter the water. About the AC, it is true we turn it on during the night as ALL the other hostels in the city and its region. Electricity in Brazil is quite expensive and we should save it as possible. Besides that - the machine needs to "rest" and cannot be turned on during 24h and on over the weeks and months. Otherwise it can break easily.