Cosmopolitan Hostel Reviews

Rua Paulo Setubal, 53, Boa Viagem, Recife, Brazil

Nice place. Pleasant staff. The facilities could be more well cared. Regarding the location, the neighborhood buildings are mainly offices, so they're quiet and calm, except during the day. There is a children school on the side of the hostel. There are noise and child screaming only during the day, so its OK. During the night, the surrounding blocks are dangerous. It's not recommended walk on the streets, specially for women. I advise to just walk in groups at night. Related to parties, I can´

I loved this hostel. The locations was just great for me. They are really close to two main avenues full of buses going to lots of places. It is so cozy and charming. The rabbits are super cute. People are great there as well. Adorei esse hostel. A localização para mim foi ótima, eles ficam próximos de duas avenidas principais cheias de ônibus que vão para vários lugares. O hostel tem seu charme e os coelhos são super fofos. Os funcionários são tão fofos quantos os coelhos rsrs.

• 26th Aug 2014

The hostel is a bit far from Central Recife but is located in a nice neighbourhood with a beautiful beach. Staff are English speaking and helpful. The dorms are comfortable if a bit cramped in space and the property could do with a few more toilets but both these and the showers are clean. Breakfast is typically Brazilian and sufficient. There's a computer for guest use and good wifi. The atmosphere is good here and the hostel is located close to a large supermarket. I would stay here again.

I got bed bug bites after my stay here

Spend a great time in this hostel :) The staff is friendly and helpful. I met awesome people her and got to know Recifes Carneval *just great*.

Rabbits are everywhere, I mean everywhere. Some things are a bit disorganized at this Hostel, it´s a very simple bed and very simple breakfast. People were awake in the middle of the night due to mixed beds of the guests... The pictures make you think it´s a nice place but they are very unrealistic because nothing is attractive at Cosmopolitan.

The Hostel is in a security place, the staff is very attentive, I recommend for all.

The girls room is nearly the kitchen and hangout area. So sleeping is not the highest Priority. Going to toilet in the morning is also a big Mission;) I just stayed 3 nights there and it was okay for that.

The hostel is just two blocks away from the beach. The staff is very helpful and friendly. In the hostel there are a lot of pet bunnies. We enjoyed our time here. It was a good starting point for our brazil travels and we can really recommend it. its located in a quiet neighborhood but close to the bus station that goes to central recife

I can be quite a grumpy guy but the staff made me feel very welcome and happy. There was one cleaner that was very nice to me and she helped me clean chewing gum off my jeans lol. The only problem is mosquitoes but i think thats just Brazil.

The dorm rooms were a bit cramped and the price is bit high. The staff was amazing and the it has a great ambience.

The hostel is cute and very clean. Well located and the staff is lovely! The problem was that I booked a 6 bed dorm and they put me in a 7 bed. This wouldn't be a problem if this extra bed didn't take all the free space in the room, making it full and very difficult to move.

Its fine. The staff is the best thing of the hostel.

The staff was not very helpful - we asked for a cab and it took it 45 minutes to arrive. The girl dorm is directly next to the kitchen and the living room so do not expect to sleep more than 3-4hours/night or bring your earplugs! The bathroom was quite dirty as well. Breakfast was fine, nothing crazy though.

Honestly the chef of the hostel isvery nice and helps you and also the rabbits are cute but we got bed bugs in the hostel. not that the night was a nightmare but as we had to sleep the rest of the night outside I got a bad cold aswell. Besides I had to wash everything and we still got them. My hole body is full of bites. So I had to spend allot of money for laundry and Iam really ill now. Hope theyll change that soon because it could be a nice place.

• 7th Jul 2013

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, nice place. The only problem was the music playing very early in the morning (the first morning it started before 8 a.m.).

Breakfast was good at Cosmopolitan. But I think the price for the stay in comparison to my other experiences was a little bit to high. Nevertheless the hostel has a nice structure - you can easily meet the people and make new friends. The staff at the reception is very helpful! To the beach it is not far and there is a bus station around the corner, so you easily go to other parts of the city.

Good Staff but too much mosquitos and also heater is either too hot or too cold

This was such a nice hostel. The food was great, staff was friendly, facilities were clean and had a cute layout, not to mention the adorable bunnies that roamed the grounds!

The location and the breakfast are perfect. Internet is good. We have a locker, bus some of them are broken, that's the problem. The other little problem, is because of the noise, at 7a.m. the breakfast begins, and if you room is next to the kitchen (as mine was), you're surely going to wake at this time. People who work there are really nice and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5