7.5
Very Good 250 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 250 Total Reviews
Cosmopolitan Hostel Located at Rua Paulo Setubal, 53, Boa Viagem, Recife.
Brazil
Recife Pernambuco 51011520 Rua Paulo Setubal, 53, Boa Viagem
75% 250
-8.0997952 -34.8886336
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 31-40
23rd Apr 2016
3.4

Infested with visible biting insects in the beds! Located down a dark street. Very warm in the house and bathrooms. AC on only overnight. Still too warm. Plastic mattresses and pillows so was sweating. After 2 hours sleep I was woken by the pain of several bites on my body. Lots of insects in my bed. Changed rooms. The same again and in my friends bed. Slept on the sofa! They refused to get the manager. Refused us a refund. They denied they had insects despite me showing them photos. Awful!

The two guests were not polite at all with our recepcionist. They were speaking loud and saying bad words with no respect. They asked to talk to me (the manager) and I wasn't there only because it was on a sunday and sundays are my day off and thanks GOD I deserve it. With all the respect, all the other guests from the same rooms as those guests did not mention about any insect. We had one guest at the same room for over a week and he never said a word about it. Maybe the guests came with it, but we cannot confirm it. About the refund, we did refund one night from their stay and we respected the "cancelation policy" exposed on their reservation. It is not fair to say we didn't refund as we did it. The filter on the kitchen is water for free we provide our guests. It is not something we have to do, but is with pleasure we offer it. Since we knoe the city is very warm and it is important to often drink water. About being slow... we sell bottled water in chase the guest don't want to wait for the filter to slowly and safely filter the water. About the AC, it is true we turn it on during the night as ALL the other hostels in the city and its region. Electricity in Brazil is quite expensive and we should save it as possible. Besides that - the machine needs to "rest" and cannot be turned on during 24h and on over the weeks and months. Otherwise it can break easily.