7.9
Very Good 541 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 541 Total Reviews
Costa Rica Backpackers Located at Avenida 6, calle 21/25, , San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose apartado 12 991 Avenida 6, calle 21/25
79% 541
9.9310507 -84.0684770
    Rooms available

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
2nd May 2016
7.4

Do not book tours etc through this hostel as they over charge to gain a ridiculous commission. Other than that hostel was fine and practical

1st May 2016
7.4

Good dorms; our biggest issue is that only one person was manning reception at check out and check in, when there were several people needing attention, so the process took a long time. It would be nice to have more people at the front desk since they're such a busy hostel.

• kmjnamaste8006
  • USA, Female, 41+
29th Apr 2016

Basic hostel that works fine for a night or two on your way in or out of San Jose. Staff is friendly and helpful. I would recommend it.

• England, Couple, 31-40
27th Apr 2016

Second time here and there have been some good upgrades to the kitchen since my first stay. It's much nicer to cook and eat in now! Nice pool area with nice chairs to relax in. And good location with a less than 10 or so minute walk to the centre. Highly recommended!

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Apr 2016
3.1

I arrived at 11pm in the evening after a late flight and I was given no help from staff. I had to stumble around in the dark to find a free bed which wasn't very obvious and put the sheets on. This was when I realised how dirty they were so Didn't end up using them or the pillow. It's also probably the worst bed I've slept on for my whole trip. I would advise not staying here.

Hi there. We really sorry that your first night was uncomfortable. Keep in mind that if you were disagree with the bed you could talk with the receptionist to try to get a better option. Like you said it was dark because it was too late and the rest of the customers were sleeping but is part of been in a share dorm and the cheapest dorm. For a few more dollars you could get a dorm with less beds or less people on it. And our staff is in charge to bring to every single customer a set of clean bed sheets and a blanket. We hope the next time we can help to improve your stay in our place. Best Regards

15th Apr 2016
7.7

The common area was nice with a pool and a bar/restaurant but the room was small and the sheets were old. I think Backpackers was good for San Jose, the whole city is more of a stop over for people rather than a destination and that is apparent in the atmosphere.

• USA, Female, 41+
14th Apr 2016
6.9

Very loud due to extremely thin walls/windows in the room. 5 different times, someone tried to enter my room.

• USA, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016

Great place to stay with a friendly and helpful staff. Amazing location as it is within walking distance to many of the local attractions. Great outdoor area and pool. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Denmark, Male, 25-30
1st Apr 2016

better than pangaea

• Spain, Female, 25-30
17th Mar 2016
6.0

I've been in this hostel before and even if there was some noise around the pool, it was acceptable. This time it wasn't! I had room #6 (next to the common open area) and it was horrible! I couln't sleep at all because a group of people (including staff of the hostel) were until 4.00am in the morning shouting and making a mess in the swimming pool area. Several people asked if they could turn the volume down but they didn't. The desk person was a girl that did't do anything about it...

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will check on the cameras what was exactly the inconvenience and we will take the required actions to avoid those issue again. We really do apologize for the bad experience We hope continue working to improve the service provided to our customers.