7.8
Very Good 526 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 526 Total Reviews
Costa Rica Backpackers Located at Avenida 6, calle 21/25, , San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose apartado 12 991 Avenida 6, calle 21/25
78% 526
9.9310507 -84.0684770
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Apr 2016
3.1

I arrived at 11pm in the evening after a late flight and I was given no help from staff. I had to stumble around in the dark to find a free bed which wasn't very obvious and put the sheets on. This was when I realised how dirty they were so Didn't end up using them or the pillow. It's also probably the worst bed I've slept on for my whole trip. I would advise not staying here.

• USA, Female, 41+
14th Apr 2016
6.9

Very loud due to extremely thin walls/windows in the room. 5 different times, someone tried to enter my room.

• USA, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016

Great place to stay with a friendly and helpful staff. Amazing location as it is within walking distance to many of the local attractions. Great outdoor area and pool. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Spain, Female, 25-30
17th Mar 2016
6.0

I've been in this hostel before and even if there was some noise around the pool, it was acceptable. This time it wasn't! I had room #6 (next to the common open area) and it was horrible! I couln't sleep at all because a group of people (including staff of the hostel) were until 4.00am in the morning shouting and making a mess in the swimming pool area. Several people asked if they could turn the volume down but they didn't. The desk person was a girl that did't do anything about it...

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will check on the cameras what was exactly the inconvenience and we will take the required actions to avoid those issue again. We really do apologize for the bad experience We hope continue working to improve the service provided to our customers.

13th Mar 2016

Awesome hostel, was recommended by a friend and I would also recommend.

• USA, Male, 25-30
12th Mar 2016

I had a pleasant short night stay at Costa Rica Backpackers and recommend it for anyone flying into San Jose and then departing in the morning. I arrived very late, but there were many community areas, rooms were clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
29th Jan 2016
7.7

Great location with pool and chill out area! Unfortunately the staff was a bit unfriendly and not really helpful + the restaurant is not recommended (high prices for oven-ready meals)

• France, Female, 25-30
28th Jan 2016
6.9

I was desapointed that there were no place left in the parking for my car when I arrived and the staff didn't care about it. Otherwise it's an okay place, the swimming pool is nice.

22nd Jan 2016
7.7

Nice place, especially the pool/garden area. The staff all seem miserable though. Must be a terrible place to work.

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Jan 2016
7.4

Lovely garden area with pool. The police were called when I stayed though -something about a robbery. Toilets and showers were shabby and not enough of them. Dormitory doors rely on the guests to lock and invariably they didn't so not as secure as it could be. Unfriendly staff in the restaurant. The lovely outdoor area sells it though - would stay again for convenience if passing through