8.0
Fabulous 626 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 626 Total Reviews
Costa Rica Backpackers Located at Avenida 6, calle 21/25, , San Jose.
Costa Rica

• naominme8565
  • Denmark, Female, 25-30
29th Dec 2016
6.9

Its a very noisy hostel. They allow people to have partlys in the yard till 5am. A bit irritating when the rooms are located there. I didn't sleep. As well the hostel is located just next to the train. I don't know why, but they hunk the horn like crazy and it is very noisy. It goes on from 5am until approximately 2am. As well I was unsatisfied, that there are no plugs to charge anything in the rooms. I find that a bit weard. nice pool area, that's okay.

29th Dec 2016

Very clean and wonderful, helpful staff. When we were there it was pretty quiet.

Thanks a lot for your review, we really appreciate it Pura Vida,

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
25th Dec 2016
5.7

I read great reviews on this hostel and I have to say I was really disappointed. Arrived Christmas day and thought there might be something happening but nothing and them same for my whole trip. I actually left for a day and when somewhere else to experience more of Costa Rica. The pool was green and no one went swimming in it. I really don't know why it's so highly rated. Toilets and showers needs updating. It is handy for city centre location. If booking trips get the American guy!

Dear guest, We are really sorry about you not having a good time this time of the year in our hostel. Normally during 25th and 1st, the city is not active, most of places are closed. About the pool we have cleaning system, which is cleaned everyday. We will take in consideration your feedback, to improve even more.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
25th Dec 2016
6.6

They forgot our booking but luckily had availability still so they switched us to a dorm room. We didn't really know where the bathrooms were so had to find them on our own.

Dear guest, We had a problem with this site of hostelworld, in which it was out our hands to fix it, and that´s the reason we had a problem with your reservation, and we are sorry for that. And we are improving the way we communicate about the bathrooms, because we had around 16. Best regards,

22nd Dec 2016

This is a classic backpacker spot. Good bar and restaurant, nice communal courtyard, friendly staff, and great atmosphere. The beds are kind of eh, the showers aren't great, and the bathrooms are bare bones, but I still think this is a solid choice. The location is close to La California, a short Uber downtown, and not in a sketchy area. If you're in San Jose, I'd recommend it, especially for solo travelers!

Dear guest, Thanks for your review and feedback, we are taking in to consideration to improve. Best regards,

16th Dec 2016

Overall, a pretty nice place to stay. Surprisingly calm hostel - I expected a bit more rowdiness given the pool area, but it was nice to be able to just relax. Location is fine- I'm under the impression that there isn't really a "great" spot anywhere in San Jose, so being conveniently located nead an ATM and having a garden to hang out in when I first got to the country was perfect!

Dear guest, Thanks a lot for your review. Pura Vida!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Dec 2016

Costa Rica Backpackers was great! Everyone from the front desk staff to the concierge was very kind and helpful! The hostel was in a fantastic location and I would highly recommend that anyway looking for a place to stay in San Jose stay here.

Dear guest, We are really happy you enjoyed the time in our hostel, and thanks a lot for your review. Pura Vida!

7th Dec 2016

Great location! Nice pool, friendly staff. Cold showers!!!!

Dear guest, We are happy you liked our place, we are sorry about the showers, they work with low pressure. Best regards,

• USA, Male, 18-24
6th Dec 2016

Great place to stay! If you are going to be in San Jose, I highly recommend it. Surprisingly decent wifi, free coffee 24/7, great open/community space, and very friendly staff.

Dear guest, We are really pleased you liked our place, we hope to have you back. Best regards, and pura vida!

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
29th Nov 2016
6.9

I liked the garden, staff and the atmosphere at Costa Rica backpackers. I didn't like the overall cleanliness at the place, though. All the toilet floors were wet and slippery. On top of that, I saw three empty condom packages lying on the floor. I stayed in a double private room which was located in the basement of the hostel. There is no fresh air and you can't close your indoor windows. I wouldn't recommend it.

Dear guest, We are improving everyday, now we a cleaning staff 24 hours a day, so we can avoid this kind of situations.