Costa Rica Backpackers

Fabulous 684 Total Reviews

• Austria, Female, 18-24
25th Mar 2017
7.7

A Great Hostel for making Friends. It's not the cleanest Hostel I've ever been to but it's worth the Money. Had a Great Night there - the Outdoor Area is beautiful & the atmosphere was super!!

23rd Mar 2017

Good overall. This place is massive with large tour groups/families, couples and solo backpackers. I bet it was a good solo backpacker environment in the past but now it's branched out. Multiple areas for shower/toilets, bar/food and kitchen onsite. Far from the airport. There's nothing to see in San Jose, you're better off next to the airport if you're just stopping by. Only complain was the beds are old and the rooms were musky.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
15th Mar 2017

We had a great stay here. The staff were very helpful in getting around town and we met some cool people from all over the world. Justin in the tour guide area was great in hooking us up with our next hostel, tours and transportation. It was also convenient to have the shuttle from the hostel come get us at the airport.

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th Mar 2017

This was my very first hostel experience, and I enjoyed my stay! The staff is helpful and friendly, the dorms aren't bad, and the bathroom/showers are clean enough. I wouldn't want to use them for more than a few days, but for my two night stay, they were fine. The pool/ lounge area is very nice with a super laid back, chill atmosphere. The restaurant and bar is also a very nice plus!

Hi, thanks a lot for your review, we appreciate it. Best regards, Natalie

6th Mar 2017

Great place, will visit again

2nd Mar 2017

My mom and I stayed here for one night. We absolutely loved the atmosphere. The staff and guests were friendly definitely worth the money.

Dear , Thanks a lot for your review, we are very happy you had a good time here, we hope to see you back, and best regards, Pura Vida!

• IsabelleGM
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
1st Mar 2017
7.7

Great location, very bare bones

Thanks for the review, we will consider it to improve.

• Awething
  • USA, Female, 25-30
1st Mar 2017

The train can be super loud if you're in certain dorms but other than that this hostel is phenomenal.

Hello there, thanks a lot for your review. The train is a problem we have around San José, and by the moment what we do is to provide of ear plugs to our clients to reduce the impact.

22nd Feb 2017

At first I wasn't sure about the hostel. After a few hours I realized it was awesome. It is very close to the city. You can easily and safely walk to busy areas with tons of shops and restaurants. There is a bar with great happy hour and otherwise cheap drinks. There is also cheap food available. My only complaints are, that there are no power outlets in some dorms and that the showers are finicky. Sometimes they would get really hot and other times remain ice cold.(Even if I followed signs).

19th Feb 2017

Great hostel, really good security located in a good place close to Central area and supermarkets. Great kitchen, awesome pool with tons of lounge area, lots of quiet places and tv room. Good vibes. Restaurant and bar was also awesome and delicious food. Free coffee 24/7!