Cosy Corner Hostel Reviews

Sokolska 1, Olomouc, Moravia, Olomouc, Czech Republic

I really loved Cosy Corner hostel. It was homey, with great old-fashioned decor. The place was clean, which was great because I forgot my shower shoes. Also, the kitchen is well equipped to actually cook meals. The owner is lovely and personable. The only complaint I have is that the matresses are quite uncomfortable, I could feel the springs all night and it made me sore. Even with that, I highly recommend this hostel.

Very cute place - I loved all the antique furniture. It felt quite homey. The bed was not very comfy, and could really be improved with some kind of foam pad! We were being poked by mattress springs. It was a bit expensive for what it was.

foam pad? I think not. Sorry to hear you found the bed uncomfortable. We are aware of that and have a plan to replace all mattresses this year. Charging only 17euros a person for a double room (cheapest in Olomouc centre) means we aint exactly swimming in cash so its a huge financial undertaking to do so but thats the plan. Unlike other places, our prices remain the same year round and given all thats inlcuded I think its quite reasonable... Thanks and happy trails, Ian .

We were beyond thrilled to stay here. Our room was spotless, as were the bathrooms and kitchen. The place was very cozy and the owner was so welcoming. Olomouc itself is a beautiful place, I'm very glad we stopped there. For such a small town, the number of stunning churches and buildings is astounding. The main square is charming, as is the entire old town. We ate well and VERY cheaply. I would highly recommend coming here and staying at the Cozy Corner!!!!!

You know what, I am lying here in the hospital recovering from an appendectomy (mega ouch!) and your comment has made my day. I am really happy to read your appreciative comment and wish you all the best. Ian - CoSy Corner Hostel Olomouc.

Great staff, cool little hostel in one of the most beautiful towns in the Czech Republic.

Great atmosphere. Nice location. Owners were friendly and helpful. Bed was a little uncomfortable but otherwise a nice place to hang out, cook, sleep etc.

This place is great! Very relaxed and Inspiring atmosphere in a quaint town. The owner was very kind and the two guys who also help out are really interesting to chat with! Thanks for the hospitality and the great night at the old man pubs :)

I stayed here only one night, but even so, that it was short time, I really enjoyed my stay here.:) There is very friendly atmosphere and city center is really close.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Czech Republic

Location is great. The place is clean. Staff are OK but some do not know very much about the city and cannot suggest places. I got more recommendations from other travellers. The bed was comfortable. Shower is quite cramped and I found the place generally a little too cold especially at night. Overall I would say it's good enough. Would recommend.

Hi and thanks for your comments. The person wheo checked you in who is helping us out right now is quite new to the city so I am sorry if he was unable to provide you with the info you needed. Anyway, we are sending him out on the town with a map and we have a test ready to make sure he is up to speed!! For the benefit of prospective guests, our showers are quite standard in size and when you are in them you have the whole bathroom to yourself. Just like home.

Loved this hostel! I wish I could have stayed for longer. It was more like visiting a friend than staying in a hostel, they were so inviting and friendly... Offering food and a cup of tea while checking in, and then staying to sit with everyone and chat in the common room. The only complaint I have was the stairs up to the rooms!

Very pleasant hostel, reasonably priced, clean and located in a convenient part of the city with all the facilities required to make your stay comfortable.

Ian was very helpful and friendly particularly with our mountain of washing! Thanks

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

We've already recommended this hostel to everyone we've met heading to the Czech Republic. You walk in and feel like you're in a home. The kitchen and living room are both adorable and great places to meet people. The staff was wonderful and will probably offer you to drink with them. We also got to spend some time with the owners and they were lovely. There's a board with things to do around the town, and when you walk in they give you their own recommendations along with a map. Stay here!

Very cosy hostel indeed. Perfect to relax and enjoy the quaint town of Olomouc. Nice staff and good facilities!

Great Hostel, Friendly, amazing value for money really enjoyed my stay there

Cozy corner is a wonderful hostel! It was so perfectly located and cutely decorated. It was a very short walk to the city centre and had a well stocked shelf of info pamphlets and travel books. Olomouc is a great little town worth the stop, but don't wait long to see the clock chime in the main square...it's a tad overrated. But cozy corner hostel is GREAT, I wish we got to stay there for more than just a night.

Hi and thank you for your nice review and score! Well, the true attraction of the Olomouc Astronomical clock is not to be found in the five minute show at midday! The clock is very old, has a long history including its fairly recent (1950's) renovation in Socialist realist style and has survived all sorts of things. Today, it is an interesting part of the stunning town hall building that has pride of place in the main square. Hope you get a chance to return one day.

Staying at the Cozy corner felt like an old backpackers place. Meaning what it used to be like to backpack when there were few hostels and fewer backpackers. It had a real family feel to it. There were pancakes made for us in the morning and there was a real feeling of trust. My first day I was invited to a football game and dinner, and it was all really comfortable and relaxed. I loved it.

Hi and thanks for your great compliments. Glad to hear you enjoyed our Sunday morning pancakes.. the special ingredient is beer - just a little. Adds a lovely flavour and airiness and dispells the myth you cannot have beer for breakfast! Happy trails to you, see you again.

Hostel is located just at the edge of the old town. It occupies two flats in an older apartment building. That means you won't be disturbed by loud music or parties, but on the other hand you're expected to keep the noise down as well. You get 3 keys with a private room, 1 for the building, 2nd for the flat, and 3rd for the room itself so a big plus for security. There's a common kitchen, game room, and a balcony. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It felt like home for us.

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Great having you as our guest and we appreciate your contribution, as we do for all our great guests. All the best! Ian and all, Cosy Corner Hostel.

Nice staff (they seemed a little afraid though of the guests).

Thanks for your comment ! Not sure why you think our staff are scared of you Maybe you are a scary person? I hear you spent most time out of the hostel and the time you spent in the hostel you were asleep.. Perhaps thats why you rated our atmosphere so lowly. You slept through it. Skoda. No worries though Happy trails!