Cosy Corner Hostel Reviews

Sokolska 1, Olomouc, Moravia, Olomouc, Czech Republic

Great Hostel, Friendly, amazing value for money really enjoyed my stay there

Cozy corner is a wonderful hostel! It was so perfectly located and cutely decorated. It was a very short walk to the city centre and had a well stocked shelf of info pamphlets and travel books. Olomouc is a great little town worth the stop, but don't wait long to see the clock chime in the main square...it's a tad overrated. But cozy corner hostel is GREAT, I wish we got to stay there for more than just a night.

Staying at the Cozy corner felt like an old backpackers place. Meaning what it used to be like to backpack when there were few hostels and fewer backpackers. It had a real family feel to it. There were pancakes made for us in the morning and there was a real feeling of trust. My first day I was invited to a football game and dinner, and it was all really comfortable and relaxed. I loved it.

Hostel is located just at the edge of the old town. It occupies two flats in an older apartment building. That means you won't be disturbed by loud music or parties, but on the other hand you're expected to keep the noise down as well. You get 3 keys with a private room, 1 for the building, 2nd for the flat, and 3rd for the room itself so a big plus for security. There's a common kitchen, game room, and a balcony. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It felt like home for us.

Nice staff (they seemed a little afraid though of the guests).

This is a great hostel! It feels like you are staying at a friend's place. Cozy lounge and kitchen make it easy to meet other people. Everything is clean and works properly. The staff are so friendly and have lots of info about (non-touristy) things to do. Olomouc (and Cozy Corner) is a great place to stay to chill out if you have been spending a lot of time in big cities. All the charm of Prague without the crowds or high prices! Everyone I met had extended their stay longer. Thanks guys :D

Thanks for your review. So great to read such appreciative comments and we are really glad you enjoyed our place. Wishing you well- All at Cosy Corner .

I really like Cosy corner. It's at a great location and the staff are super friendly. the rooms are decent. the beds are a little old, but nice. I'd stay here again.

A cute place in an amazing town! Great advice for beer and food was given so I loved my stay.

It was an excellent experience! It's a small hostel , with a very homey and chill atmosphere . The other guests were very friendly and the owner was very helpful , giving us tips and suggestions and also helped us to look up some train schedules to our next destination . The only thing is that it's signed as "poets corner" :) so don't be afraid of you see the sign of poet s corner instead of cozy corner - you're in the right place !

Old school small hostel. Very relaxed. In a handy location, a short walk to the main square and close to tram stops. I'd recommend.

great cozy atmosfere and amazing, helpful staff

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Poland

We stayed in one of the private rooms which is on a different floor to the dormitories. This was an added bonus as it was a lot calmer than your average hostel. The common areas were brilliant and we had everything we needed. The staff were great and I honestly cannot fault the place. I definitely hope to return to Olomouc and will without a doubt stay at this hostel again.

• 5th Jun 2015

Hi and thanks for your review. It is lovely to read such a compliment. We too enjoyed having you as guests and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Wishing you well! Ian and Lucka

I was really positively suprised by this hostel. The atmosphere was great and the place itself was a realy cozy one - especially the common room. The staff and owners in one were helpful and they really know what to advise travellers. Hostel is situated next to the city centre with all important places in the nearby. During my four weeks of trip in Czech Republic I found it as the best place for bacpackers I've stayed in.

The only hostel in Olomouc and a very good one. The facilities are a bit outdated and the rooms could use a bit more frequent cleaning, but otherwise it's great.

Hi and thanks for your compliments and comments. We enjoyed having you as our guest. We do have plans to upgrade some of the hostels furnishings, including having some of our antique lounge chairs restored. Hope to see you again! All the best from Ian.

Really nice small hostel in a really nice city! I would recommend this hostel to eceryone, I only stayed for one night but the owner was really friendly! He showed me everything there was to do in town and the hostel also has a lot of information on daytrips around Olomouc. The bathrooms were very clean too, no complaint about the hostel!

Good Host. Good Hostel. Enjoyed my stay.

Thanks for your review and compliments. Wishing all the best to you and hope all goes well over there! Take care and see you again, Ian.

I was very happy to stay in this hostel. IT has very good location. IT is good place to have good rest and Olomouc is very beautifull city. For me little bit underestimated. I would stay in the hostel again. Of you are looking to have good sleep and take a rest this is the place :)