Counter Culture Party Hostel Reviews

Xicotencatl 1835, Veracruz, Mexico

Hostel staff were great, very welcoming & friendly. Hostel needs extra facilities - only indoor communal seating areas are a few sofas in the office and the chairs in the kitchen. More seating outside would be a bonus, a knackered old sofa and some chairs made with bits of board tied to them aren't really sufficient. More bathroom facilities essential - 3 shower-rooms and one extra toilet definitely NOT enough! Pricing of rooms is inconsistent, I paid more than other guests by booking online.

The location is so close to the aquarium and beach within five minutes on foot.The hostel offers the locker.It's easy to access the wifi even in my room and take a shower with hot water.Their workers,John and Kadi, are very friendly,easy-going and kind to offer any help.The staff,Kadi,is a good cook to prepare healthy but delicious food for dinner, and she is so nice to share what she knows and always cares about the customers' need.Her smiles just like the sunny day in Veracruz.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

A very good hostel to stay. You can make friends as soon as you get there like I did. I really liked the atmosphere. It says a party hostel but it was more like a super-friendly hostel to me. I personally think they need more bathrooms or toilets, but maybe it is only the carnival season that the place gets packed with people...

It's a great hostel good location and friendly staff Just avoid the cheapest tent to sleep unless you have a good mosquito repelent.

Adam, the owner, was dope. He treated us all way cool. It was definitely a party hostile and they hooked it up with free welcome shots. Good vibes all day long. I would recommend it to anybody. I don't know why it shows I gave an 89. I'd say more like a 95. There was just a nasty shower curtain is all. Other than that a great place to stay.

• 27th Feb 2014

Welcoming staff, great overall atmosphere!

• 25th Feb 2014

So Counter culture party hostel. Is a party hostel but with a warm welcome. It is an old building and the shower and bathroom is not the best. Cleanliness is oke it is hard to clean a old building very good. It is a good place to stay if you want a good party with great staff on a good location. Good security with cameras in all the commonareas. They provide a meal every evening for a good price. I would recome this place for people who like to party and not have big expectations.

A great place for all travelers! The staff are fantastic, incredibly friendly and welcome you into the hostel family without hesitation... the Tequila shot on arrival went down a treat! The rooftop terrace has spectacular views. It is a really awesome place to hang out, whether in the afternoon chilling or the morning after a particularly big night out! It really is an epic party hostel! If you are a keen bean on the party scene, this is the place for you! Thanks for the memories, gang!!

Great hostel to stay at! Right by the beach and good food spots. Very easy going, cool staff, and plenty of beer. Everyone at the hostel was cool to hang out with and party with. Defiantly recommend staying here. Best hostel I have stayed at in Mexico!

Security - The safest hostel I´ve stayed in, CCTV is operating and lockers are available free of charge which are metal and very strong. Location - Fantastic, right near the beach and the aquarium and whatever you are looking for Staff - Very welcoming and even though I´m not a party person the party hostel really did make me feel included and not left out. A FREE welcoming shot when you check in which is fun! Atmosphere - Fantastic Cleanliness - There seems to be a cleaner there all the tim

• 10th Jan 2014

We had a great time. The hostel is a lovely building with sunny outdoor space and roof terrace. The area is very typical mexico, excellent markets and bars. Everyone was really friendly and made us very welcome.

• 6th Jan 2014

Booked a private room. Was given rooms in a dorm with beds too small to share with my girlfriend when arrived. asked them about room. They offered a queen bed in a closet. What!!!??? So ended up in the dorm...though at least it was just us.

• 29th Dec 2013

Hi, yes the second queen private is on the small side so thats why we give guests the option of putting two beds together in a dorm - its more spacious and the bed is the same size. Thought your review was pretty harsh. 3/5 for security, location and staff? Come on.

The place is decent. The kitchen isn't anything to write home about, but the rooms are decent enough and the bathroom we used was pretty clean. It is a loud hostel, as they boast, not sure its a "party hostel" as when we stayed it was really just a couple of guys drinking. There is one downfall, the upstairs room w/4 beds doesn't have a door, that was quite inconvenient. Overall though it was a nice stay and for the price we paid we were happy with the facilities and people.

Best hostel I stay in Mexico. Everybody speak English and easy make friends. Very nice looking place too.

• 12th Dec 2013
  • Japan

I could not fault the hostel. The owner even took us to a local house party. How rad is that?!

• 12th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

Excellent hostel, very cool code keys for rooms, the location is excellent because is very close to the aquarium, where you can feed sharks and swim with the dolphins, 1 minute to the beach and harbor, scuba diving lessons are also very close and top notch restaurants are within walking distance, the staff is very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is very relaxed and comfortable for a party hostel, very clean, and internet is super fast.

• 21st Nov 2013