Counter Culture Party Hostel Reviews

Xicotencatl 1835, Veracruz, Mexico

Had a great time here. Area around the hostel had plenty to do, went out every night we stayed here. Plenty of bars, clubs and restaurants, plus a strip club and casino if you're into that. Hostel had quick wifi which suited my needs. Dinners at the hostel were pretty good as well, great value for the price (40 pesos). Staff were very knowledgeable about the area and very helpful. A TV might have been nice but who wants to stay inside all day! Would definitely recommend this place!

A very lively hostel where Adam made us feel at home, amazing pancake breakfasts and in walking distance from the beach and zocalo. Party atmosphere is great with the variety of great clubs, I really enjoyed my stay :)

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Bahamas

This is a mansion of a hostel, beautiful in architecture and even more amazing with the staff working there. I found myself staying indoors quite often just chatting with other travelers over coffee and wonderful breakfast. Next time im in Veracruz, I will be at counter culture again!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Cool hostel, maybe a little bit battered in places but if you are coming to a party hostel doesnt matter that much.

I was received by a very friendly guy at he hostel.Sadly the hostel was quiet empty (just three other people) because there was no season. In my opinion the hostel was ok but could be much more cleaned up an the shower was just with cold water. So the staff is an advantage but the cleanliness a demerit.

• 4th Jul 2014

Hi there, the high season starts in two weeks so we are sorry about that. We do have hot water but when it is 34 degrees we turn it down so people can have ice cold showers to cool down. All you had to do was ask and we could have turned it up.

Counter Culture is the perfect place for travellers and party people. The international staff (American, European and Mexican) is great and always available to make you feel good here. You will not be lost in translation! I really appreciated the charm and atmosphere of this old house. It is safe and clean, high speed Internet works very well, and breakfast cooked by the staff is included. Well located, closed to the aquarium, the port and the old town, you can access everywhere from this place.

• 18th Jun 2014

Right by the beach- and any bus to take u anywhere u want to go. Most things to see are in walking distance- old town, spanish fort, museums. Check out the less touristic things like IVEC, a very cool and big music school/event hall with local art throughout. The hostel crew is super duper and knows a lot about what's happening in Veracruz, all of Mexico and other countries- also I always encounter interesting awesome nomad souls here!

Was quiet while I was there but the three staff came with me out to lunch and to the beach. Felt homey. Booked one night ended up staying 4 nights to chill on the beach and speak to English speakers.

When I first arrived at the hostel the staff were super friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean, the bed comfortable, and a reasonably sized locker was provided for any valuables. The outside area was perfect for relaxing and its location in the city means the beach was no more than a 3 minute walk. The staff brought those of us who wanted to the local pubs and clubs and we had great night. Whatever your reason for coming Veracruz be sure to stay at Counter Culture Party Hostel!