Counter Culture Party Hostel Reviews

Xicotencatl 1835, Veracruz, Mexico

Bathrooms in bad shape. They charge enough to provide at least decent coffe and no instant. The staff barely exist, and they offer better deals to some guests, lowering the rates of the rooms and the ones who booked ionline dont get that, so i ended up paying much more than the rest, which was unfair. The hostel doesnt help for a cool atmosphere but they are like ghost, its a completely anarchy hostel, wich ends up helping to create social vibe and nice parties.

Hi the bathrooms have been refurbished and we now do a nightly clean as well. Staff from last summer are back so everybody knows what they are doing! Yes if you walk in you get a 10% discount - Thats why some pay less than others.

Great staff and party atmosphere! Wish that there were more bathrooms and it was a little bit more clean....

• 14th Feb 2015

Hostel can be so much better with modern renovation or even a basic good cleaning. I was here during carnival nothing special the city is not good. Not that much to do or see honestly. Hostel is quite empty unless its a holiday I was there only for days until everyone came for one day which was fun but after it was time to go really boring. The staff try their best but it's just not that much to do.

The description for this hostel is incorrect. We went for Carnival (and paid extra) expecting a party. There was 4 other people staying in the entire hostel, no free drinks for ladies from 8-9pm each night and no communal dinners. Pretty big disappointment considering we went out of our way for an 8 hour bus trip to get there. It has potential but we weren't too impressed. Veracruz itself is also pretty dead especially if carnival wasn't on.

It was one of the most disgusting experiences I had in my life! Here you have a list about all the stuff that did not work or was really bad 1) The Wifi does not always work 2) There is no breakfast 3) The staff is incompetent. They cannot tell you anything about Veracruz 4) The location is more than bad- It's not near to anything 5) It's absolutly dirty Sorry, there is nothing positive to say about that hostel. And the money is not worth it!!

hi, I am really sorry that you stayed just as we had a staff changeover - as you can see from previous reviews I had to fire the previous staff. There is a free pancake, tea and coffee breakfast until 1pm now. The location is on the beach and 100metres to the aquarium, swimming with dolphins, wax museum and the mr. Ripley museum. More importantly it's a ten minute walk to the bar / clubs street!

The location was right next to the boulevard and the acquarium. It was a safe and quiet neighborhood with the beach at a walking distance. The hostel itself was very interesting, as it was set in a colonial style house with a center patio and a lot of space. The staff was extremely willing to keep you company and interact with the guests which was great (I even left my camera at the hostel and they sent it back to me undamaged!).

Had a blast here! I ended up staying longer than I planned. Great staff great guests, I'll be back!

• 11th Dec 2014