Courtyard View Hostel Reviews

No.1, Xigongjie Hutong, Gulou Dongdajie Street, Dong Cheng Disctric, Beijing, China

nice hotel great location and helpful staff

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights. The staff were so incredibly accommodating and relaxed. We were always greeted with smiles, they organised our day trip up to Mutianyu (the Great Wall). The location is great. It is nice and quiet, but right near the hutongs. Bars, restaurants are so close. We walked to The Forbidden City from there (although it did take about 40 mins). I would highly recommend this place to anyone travelling to Beijing.

• 13th Jun 2014

A very indifferent young man received us and appeared to be the only responsible staff member about. The place was grubby, the breakfast was very limited and presented unappetisingly on a cluttered sideboard. The tiny courtyard felt airless and claustrophobic. We left earlier than planned and would not return.

An introduction/explanation about helping yourself to the water in the fridge and breakfast daily would have been appreciated. Also when booking a tour, an explanation about when to pay. We didn't know whether to pay the driver or the hostel.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

It was by chace that I stumbled upon this Hotel. I booked it, not knowing much about Beijing. Dongcheng is a wonderful little district with a buzzing shopping precint, plenty of restaurants and amazing nightlife. It was the perfect mixture of old and new China. Located close to train and bus stations and with very knowledgable and friendly hosts, I would happily choose this hotel again. Small and quaint, yet large and very comfor