7.8
Very Good 3,039 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 3,039 Total Reviews
Cowgate Tourist Hostel Located at 96 Cowgate, , Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh EH1 1JN 96 Cowgate
78% 3039
55.9485029 -3.1907129
    Rooms available

• Northern Ireland, All Male Group, 25-30
22nd Jun 2016

Cowgate hostel was excellent I was in a group of 5 for the royal highland show for 5 nights our stay could not be faulted will recommend to anyone

• USA, Male, 18-24
17th Jun 2016
6.0

Good location. Kind of dingy inside though. Not enough bathrooms for the amount of people in one flat. Also no lockers in communal rooms to lock up belongings. Decent for the price though.

• England, Female, 41+
15th Jun 2016
4.6

I'm the wrong demographic for this hostel - purchased online for it's proximity to a venue I would be coming away from late that night. However I wouldn't want my 17 yr old staying there. The road it's on looks worryingly deserted for a late night return, & the entrance to the block ( its a row of tenement buildings with individual doors) leads you into the most depressing environment before you've climb the stairs to your 'flat'. I checked out & lost my £ rather than stay. Ch

• England, Male, 25-30
4th Jun 2016

Stayed there on my stag weekend,the staff were friendly and helpful and the hostle was clean and tidy. Would stay here again. Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind review as it is very much appreciated. We are happy to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one and we really hope to see you back at the Cowgate very soon! Best Wishes to you all

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7.4

Wasn't the nicest of rooms but bed was comfy enough. Not enough power points for every person in the room to have something plugged in. Kitchen area was great but had to walk through it from dorm to get to showers.

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. In regards to the rooms not being "nice" - we are currently looking into a refurbishment so hopefully this will be up to a higher standard soon. As for the walking through the kitchen to get to the showers - this is only applicable to some of the dorms, others are situated right next to showers or bathrooms but I am afraid that there is nothing we can do about the inside layout of things like the kitchen and bathrooms - they tend to be un-movable! Thanks again - hopefully we will see you again!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6.9

My stay at Cowgate hostel was good, it was short so I can't say too much, but no complaints. Like other reviews, I found the beds squeeked and shook a lot, but it didn't bother me too much. I am personally not a fan of the apartment style set up, but it was okay (like you have to go outside from reception to get to your flat). I will say though that I found the bathrooms were clean and the kitchen great!

• Vietnam, Female, 18-24

Highly recommended

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback about your stay. We are glad to hear you had a great time and would recommend our hostel!

• England, Male, 41+
28th May 2016

Central location which is very handy but be aware at weekends there is a large and loud open-air tv screen / disco courtyard pub across the road - and our stay was noisy until 2pm in the morning. Otherwise all was good - staff, facilities, cost

• England, All Male Group, 25-30
28th May 2016

It's a hostel, I wasn't expecting The Ritz. When we arrived we were informed we couldn't check in for 2 hours, not an issue we asked where we could leave our bags and they left them in a room just next to the reception, not overly secure as other visitors who arrived did the same thing. On check in we had to leave a £20 deposit for keys (either that or valid ID) This wasn't for the group, this was for each set of keys! The rooms were down the road and you needed a code plus 2 keys to get i

• Vietnam, Male, 18-24
18th May 2016
7.1

My suggested improvement is that, customers going in groups should be given more keys to open the door. Therefore they will not have to wait for others to help them. Free coffee is alright. Kitchen is unexpectedly good, well equipped. The bed however causes a lot of noise when you move around on it.