7.7
Very Good 3,049 Total Reviews
7.7
Very Good 3,049 Total Reviews
Cowgate Tourist Hostel Located at 96 Cowgate, , Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh EH1 1JN 96 Cowgate
77% 3049
55.9485029 -3.1907129
    Rooms available

16th Jul 2016
7.4

Great hostel, if you are going out until the early hours. Opposite The Three Sisters pub which doesn't close til at least 1.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2016
6.3

Very basic hostel, clean but not really comfy. My bed frame was pretty sagged and at least on weekends the neighborhood can be noisy throughout the night. We didn't pay much, so it was ok for the price and the staff was very friendly. If you plan to stay longer I would recommend to look for a more comfy hostel though.

• Spain, Female, 41+
2nd Jul 2016
2.0

I strongly suggest you read my 2 emails that I sent to customer services yesterday about the stay that NEVER happened at your hostel as I had to remove my group of 49 Primary and Secondary students and rehouse them in different accommodation! I am going to the police in Shropshire to report an incident that happened in your hostel regarding an adult and one of my 14 yr girls! I intend to sue and get you closed down today. I suggest you read my emails and call me on 07949162289.

• England, Male, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

A good hostel in the center of Edinburgh and i would certainly recommend for the location facilities and price!

• Northern Ireland, Female, 18-24
24th Jun 2016
2.3

Very dirty and smelly! Would not go back near it in a million years even though it is cheap! Not worth it!!! It's mouldy and is not clean at all. Steer well clear from it!!

• Northern Ireland, All Male Group, 25-30
22nd Jun 2016

Cowgate hostel was excellent I was in a group of 5 for the royal highland show for 5 nights our stay could not be faulted will recommend to anyone

• USA, Male, 18-24
17th Jun 2016
6.0

Good location. Kind of dingy inside though. Not enough bathrooms for the amount of people in one flat. Also no lockers in communal rooms to lock up belongings. Decent for the price though.

• England, Female, 41+
15th Jun 2016
4.6

I'm the wrong demographic for this hostel - purchased online for it's proximity to a venue I would be coming away from late that night. However I wouldn't want my 17 yr old staying there. The road it's on looks worryingly deserted for a late night return, & the entrance to the block ( its a row of tenement buildings with individual doors) leads you into the most depressing environment before you've climb the stairs to your 'flat'. I checked out & lost my £ rather than stay. Ch

• England, Male, 25-30
4th Jun 2016

Stayed there on my stag weekend,the staff were friendly and helpful and the hostle was clean and tidy. Would stay here again. Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind review as it is very much appreciated. We are happy to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one and we really hope to see you back at the Cowgate very soon! Best Wishes to you all

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th May 2016
7.4

Wasn't the nicest of rooms but bed was comfy enough. Not enough power points for every person in the room to have something plugged in. Kitchen area was great but had to walk through it from dorm to get to showers.

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. In regards to the rooms not being "nice" - we are currently looking into a refurbishment so hopefully this will be up to a higher standard soon. As for the walking through the kitchen to get to the showers - this is only applicable to some of the dorms, others are situated right next to showers or bathrooms but I am afraid that there is nothing we can do about the inside layout of things like the kitchen and bathrooms - they tend to be un-movable! Thanks again - hopefully we will see you again!