Cowgate Tourist Hostel Reviews

96 Cowgate, Edinburgh, Scotland

Gostei muito,quartos limpos e cozinha equipada.Banheiro em ordem e chuveiro quente.

We had a very good experience at the hotel. We can easily recommend to stay at Cowgate Hostel.

We would easily have you come back :) Thank you

It's a very nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. We got lots of tips for our nights out and had a very nice time there. We stayed in a twin private which was located within an apartement shared with 2 other rooms (also twin privates?). Location was great, we could walk everywhere and a lot of pubs and clubs are just nextdoor. Still it was not too loud at night. And yes: a mini pig would definitely awesome and attract more people ;)

I am so glad you are on board with the pig in reception idea! I am yet to convince the owner but I will never give up! I am so glad you enjoyed your time here and the apartment you had was a mix of 2x6 bed dorms and 1xtwin that you had. Location is Fab and Chloe is fantastic at giving you all the best places to go! We all love this city so much and want you to explore as we do :)

It was great to stay at Cowgate:) my room was very clean and the kitchen was nice! Everyone was friendly and i really enjoyed making new friends here :)

This makes me smile :)

We had 2 different rooms, the first was on the other side of the building and was a lot better than the one in front, more quite, cosy and cleaner. The kitchen and bathroom where cleaner. The hostel is in the club-area and there was a lot of noise in the night.

• 19th Dec 2014

The rooms at the back or sides are quieter as it can get noisy some evenings. If we have space at the back we will place people there.

This isn't a hostel so much as a long-term stay. My bunk was in an apartment filled with people moving to Edinburgh. There were 3 rooms with 6 bunks sharing one bathroom. Budget backpackers across the street was much better in terms of 'hostel environment'

In the winter in the city you will find a lot of hostels accommodate long term guests looking for work in the city. This is very normal. Budget backpackers also have there own long term hostel which is different to ours so I am sorry you were not happy here but I must explain it is a hostel for tourists, however in the winter season it may feel like we have more long term than tourists.

Well, the location is perfect. The hostel is inbetween the pubs and next to the city centre. The bedroom was okay for that prize. I think their were to less toilettes for so many people. But all in all, the personal was very friendly and helpful.

• 6th Dec 2014

Very good place for your stay in Edimburgh! Cheap and confortable.The staff is amazing and so friendly!

So happy you had a great time! We try very hard to be amazing :)

For what we paid a night, this better than I expected. The room was clean and we encountered no issues during our stay.

• 1st Dec 2014

This makes me happy :)

It was very comfortable and I had a nice welcomed. The facilities was more clean than I expected for the price so it was really good.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Mauritius

We do a big clean of the hostel everyday! Thank you for noticing :)

Cowgate Hostel is in a good position and the staff is kind, but the room and the sheets smelled very bad (i couldn't sleep for many hours). Security and location are quite ok, but really i have been glad to have only a onenight booking

I am glad you found the staff kind, please ask us if you have any concerns and we will solve this for you :)

If you like to party and go out then it's the right place to stay- Very close to many pubs and clubs.. ( if the windows are open can get a bit noisy) ..our room, the showers and toilets were clean. Each appartment has his own kitchen so you don't have to share it with all people in the hostel.. we were quite happy staying in this hostel!

Each apartment ha its own kitchen which is unique to us as we have 10 of them :) and as you saw they are all cleaned every day with smiles :)

It smelled musty and was rather dark. The sheets seemed clean though, and the staff was friendly.

Right in the City centre. Small room. Clean enough to drunkenly fall into bed. Fair price.

• 15th Nov 2014

Staff were very helpful and accommodating. Good location handy to town, a little old but excellent value for accommodation in the UK.

The hostel building is Old and a little different just like Edinburgh :)

The apartment we stayed in was clean but run down, there was no knob on the light switch & the curtains didn't fit the windows. 1 shower was out of order so we had a queue for the 1 that worked. We had a group arrive at 5am who proceeded to shout from one room to another & slam doors (there was much excitement about the sofa in the kitchen area and the taste of tap water) until i got up and asked them to 'dial it down'. This obviously is not the hostels fault, but does put a downer on the stay.

I am sorry you had some 5am over excitable guests. They had been travelling for 13 hours and were happy to see an apartment. The shower is now working so I am sorry this was out of order during your stay. The hostel is a great concept of apartment style living at a very cheap price, however it could do with some new updates and we hope to get more improvements done in the new year, however there is nothing that should interupt your stay with us at present.

PERFECT HOSTEL, should only have breakfast.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We do not offer breakfast as we do have many kitchens for making your own food and we offer FREE tea and coffee in reception 8am -11pm and sometimes we have free food in reception if you are lucky :)

Cowgate is one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The atmosphere was always chill, relaxed, and fun. The staff was super friendly and we had a blast going out with them for the Halooween Pub Crawl!

• 31st Oct 2014

Halloween hostel party was one we will not forget in a hurray!! I am so glad your group were part of it and enjoyed as much as we did!

The receptionists are really nice and there is free tea and they keep your luggage for free as well! It is clean and the cleaners are really nice, so I am very satisfied with it.

Thank you for such a great and honest review :)

Excelent service and the best location, near everithing!

I am glad you enjoyed and appreciated the fantastic old town location!