Cowgate Tourist Hostel Reviews

96 Cowgate, Edinburgh, Scotland

Almost in the centre of Edinburgh. Hostel has several street entrances beside the reception. And inside is divided into "flats". I stayed on the 1st floor in the 112 entrance. The "flat" had, if I do not mistake, 5 rooms. My one had 6 beds (3 bunks). The "flat" had 2 showers and 2 WC and 1 well equipped kitchen, where every evening met several people to eat and to discuss. I enjoyed my stay there.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have some great guests and long term guests staying in the hostel and it was great you made friends and used the kitchen area for social gatherings, because that's what they are for :)

Hi! The hostel was ok, but I have NEVER slept in such a load place. It felt like sleeping on a high-way plus the (expected) background screaming of the drunks... Wouldn't book it again, though the price is great and staff was nice.

• 2nd Oct 2014

I am sorry you experienced such a loud night in the hostel. It is on a road and in the heart of the night life so noise is to be expected. It is a shame you felt you had to leave such a low rating for us due the fact your only complaint was noise. This is not something we can control, however we can control a great price and great staff which is what we do! :)

Great for young folk, not so great for families who need sleep. Pub right across the road from our room.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Mold in the rooms and the facilities, one couldn't open any window which is probably the reason for the mold. It was sticky and humid in the room. After two nights, a girl of our group suffered from allergy.

• 29th Sep 2014

The apartment you speak of does have some humidity. We are now having all fans fixed and the rooms and bathrooms cleaned up and re-painted. This is something we do two or three times a year so I am sorry this was not done on your stay with us. This is being corrected now.

The location is very good. But It's noisy.. That's becasue there are a lot of pubs next the domitory room. But. Staffs are so kind and very nice

Not clean. Mold everywhere. Bring your own sheets for sure. Bleach smell permeates every room. Awesome location with great bars near by. Noise not a big issue other than usual sounds from sharing close quarters. Staff was pleasant but seemed over extended and therefore slow to respond.

- The Internet is to slow it took very long time to get connected, that must be corrected to one much faster and . be checked up now and then for virus. - The kitchen have to little with utensils, must be at least 8 plates, soup bowls and glasses, More pans and not to big , 1 litres and 1,5 litres and the frying pan tend to be bad though the guest use a sharp sponge in a tefal pan, a dish brush is better. + The Staff is very helpful and kindly +++++++

The flats are stocked up with all that is needed. The flats sleep 14-20 people and generally no more than 8-10 people are eating at more than one time. If we have groups in the flats we make sure they are fully stocked. If we over stock we find that items from the kitchen 'go missing' so if any guests feels they need anything extra for there kitchen they can come and get this from Reception. I will make sure the internet is rebooted. For a FREE WIFI service we normally have no problems!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »