Cracow Hostel Reviews

The Main Square 18 (Rynek Glowny 18), Krakow, Poland

Great place, clean, friendly, very accommodating and you really can't get a better location. If you want to sleep, book a 6 bed or less room since it tends to draw people with a calmer quieter vibe. Plenty of toilets and showers. Wifi was a bit sketchy but they had plenty of computers to use. Breakfast was great, you could make your own eggs! I would highly recommend this place especially to a solo traveler. It was very easy to meet people. One of my favorite hostels!

Cracow Hostel was perfectly located in the main old square! It was close to everything with lots to do. My biggest complaint was that the showers were in the bathrooms and there were only two per floor! Also the directions to get to the hostel from the train station was very confusing. Otherwise I met great people and had a great time!

Great location 24 hour staff, clean and quiet. Large bathroMs, plenty of them. nice kitchen and social area.

In the heart of Krakow. Many travelers, young people. ;)

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Without a doubt, this is the best Hostel I have ever stayed in, arriving late on a very wet Wednesday, we were instantly made to feel at home, the staff are ever so friendly and helpful, it is literally located at the centre of this amazing city, so location wise, it's perfect. Facilities are spot on, showers are hot, there's only one washer but it washes so what more do you want! Honestly, it's fantastic. Dirt cheap too. I'll be back soon.

• 8th Jul 2014

Top location stayed in a 16 bed dorm. It was a tad tight but not a issue for me. Our room was hot at night. I think because of the kitchen underneath. Made some great friends during my stay here. But the hostel felt empty even though it was full of people.

amazing location! met awesome people to party with. great city. only comment was our room faced the square which wad gorgeous but also prepare to bring ear plugs if u are in those rooms.

Cannot beat the location (I could get wifi at the statue in the main square, it's that close!). Also quite cheap with free breaky is a bonus. Perhaps not as easy to meet people as in other hostels, but I really enjoyed my stay.

Best hostel I have stayed in. Magda who works at reception was really brilliant. She was great for telling you what nice restaurants, activities and pubs around Krakow. A very nice girl! Showers are fantastic in this place and location is right on the square. The beds in the dorms were great.

The location is perfect - a beautiful view of the market square right out of our window and easy to find. Great staff, very helpful, clean rooms, free breakfast, safe environment - we were sad to leave!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Best location in Krakow!

Amazing location and very helpful staff.

Awesome hostel! Great location and excellent vibe. We walked in and ten minutes later we had a big group of travelers going to dinner. It's located right on the square with awesome views. There can be a bit of ambient noise at night but it's no biggy. This place was reccomended to me by another backpacker earlier in the trip and he was spot on.

My first visit to Krakow, and I couldn't have stayed in a better location. My bright and spacious twin room on 4th (top) floor overlooked the old town square. There are plenty of showers and toilets. On the top floor there is a large dining room/kitchen/tv lounge. Continental breakfast is included in the price, plenty of it, and is good value. Tea and coffee is free all day. Worth filling up on. Staff very helpful, reception manned 24 hours. They can book sightseeing tours for you.

Loved it! Perfectly located, clean, several community areas to meet other travellers. Will come back again.

A pretty decent hostel. It's on top of a restaurant, so there's a lot of stairs. I dont really know about the atmosphere, since when we were there, it was almost only polish people, who didn't really talk to us, and then the next day a party of 24 english guys on a stag-night-trip-thing. But either way, the location is great, and there's free breakfast and a pretty large common area - on the 4th floor though. (more stairs) (we are lazy people)

It was very cozy and on a really good place. On the 4th floor there where like 8 wc and 5 showers, the staff was nice and really helpful. We came like around 8 in the morning too book ourselves in and the room wasn't ready, but we could leave our backpacks in the lobby and get a breakfast at the 4th floor. The breakfast was really poor and we always went out to get our self something.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Iceland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Cracow hostel has an amazing location close to the train station and my window overlooked the main square which was magical! Free breakfast and friendly staff at 24 hour reception. I was there at the start of June and it was a very quiet hostel, didn't offer many opportunities to meet others. But great facilities and location.

I was 2 nights there. For my all was fantastic!We were scare because we shared room with 18 persons but the room was really big and spacious and all of us were quite comfortable. There is a free locker in each bed. The location is absoltly perfect. All the personal is very nice and helpful. The hostel is clean, the sheets are new and clean. If I have to say something bad is the breakfast is maybe scarce. If I back to Krakow, I'll sleep in Krakow hostel for sure. 100% recommended.

Great staff like Ana and Monica, super helpful and self catering facilities were excellent. Toilets were clean and hot water was available all the time. However, maybe because i was unlucky there was a huge group of kids/ adults staying and they made so much noise! Especially the adult men till late at night obviously drunk and shouting. Maybe the hostel should enforce some rules for the convenience pf other guests... But this should not detract from this great hostel.