Crafoord Place Reviews

H�lsobrunnsgatan 10, 113 61, Stockholm, Sweden

I had a great stay a Crafoord Place. It was a very chilled vibe, but the staff and most of the other guests were really nice and friendly. It's a short walk from the middle of Stockholm and has everything you need. And was definitely the best value for money that I saw for accomdation that I saw in town! Great pizza cooker

The place is great, clean but tight. The kitchen is lovely. The only thing that could be improved are the showers, but, they are very clean.

Good Hostel all round- nice equipped kitchen with decent area to eat and light with each bed is nice, plenty of power sockets and lockers as well. Few things which weren't great were the fact that when heaps of people were in the kitchen cooking, the power would go off ALL the time due to the power point being overloaded. Hostel is aware of the issue but nothing being done, super annoying and means someone usually has hot food going cold. 2 out of 3 showers had shower heads which were broken.

Sorry for the power problem! We just got this very popular Pizza oven and we are getting the electricians here to fix the problem. Unfortunately Electricians are pretty busy this is why it wasn't fixed while you were here. It will be fixed I promise!!! Ingrid

There are no staff after approx 8pm so if you are arriving later then you need to get a code for the front door so you're stuck if you need anything until the morning. The door to my room didn't lock but there are lockers in each room. The atmosphere is not great but not awful

Please read info BEFORE you book!!! We clearly state that the reception is open from 9 am til 6 p.m. ... All rooms DO LOCK if you use the lock.... Please read other reviews as for atmosphere, this also has a lot to do with yourself doesn't it? Ingrid

I had to call twice to get the code to check in after reception closing time, they forgot to send it to me. They did appologize when I met them though, and checking in was smooth otherwise. There are no mirrors in the bathrooms or showers so you have to prep yourself in the hallway, which is wierd. My matress was old and sunken in the middle so I slept badly. The kitchen was quite cosy tho, and otherwise it was fine, nice crowd there. It is what it is, you get what you pay for.

We sent you two mails asking you to contact us before if you arrive after check-in time!!! We would then have sent you the codes before you arrived... Mirrors in shower??? We have a mirror in nearly every cupboard in the room, that's were most people prep themselves :) Ingrid

Overall a decent place to stay, but some stuff could use an update; my pillow was really old and lumpy, and my friend's smelled weird, and the wardrobe wouldn't lock properly because the door was hanging half off its hinges. However, the rooms and facilities were clean, the kitchen was well outfitted, and they had a nice common area where they ran a movie one of the evenings I was there. The walls are also full of helpful tips and sights for touring Stockholm, which was a very nice touch.

Sorry you got a bad experience with the pillow. Next time; please let us know so we can do something about it, thank's Ingrid

Really quiet hostel, people weren't very talkative and seemed to just want to do their own thing. I stayed during November so it was pretty quiet season I guess. Staff were great though, more toilets and showers would be cool.

Calm and quit hostel, and surprisingly cheap :-)

Thank's for sharing:) Ingrid and staff

Staff were beyond excellent and helped with all my needs - getting around, luggage storage, spare iPhone chargers, blankets to sleep on the couch.

• 11th Nov 2015

Nice cosy hostel in Stockholm.Walking distance to main bus/train stn,city sights,agora,bars,etc.Dorm was basic but comfortable with good wifi,surplus power points and decent security with wardrobes that can be locked (byo lock) & dorm room doors have code access.Plenty of bathrooms that are clean with good hot water system.Clean kitchen that has everything you need!Hostel provides lots information and has good vibes.Only negative is needing to pay for sheet hire-seems standard in Stockholm.

Really good location, just a 10-15 min walk to the centre of Stockholm. Rooms were a good size, and although wifi didn't work in the rooms, there were plenty of sofas and chill zones to use it. Kitchen was good although, no oven, just hobs. This was the only hostel I could find in Stockholm which offered free parking, so was a must for me.

Sorry you were in room 9, the only room wifi didn't work. It works now ;) Ingrid

I loved staying at Crafoord place! The staff was friendly and the hostel itself was quite nice! Thank you

You have to walk around 15 mins from train station. It is a small hostel but very clean. Remember tell staff if you will arrive after 6 pm. Because nobody at reception, if you don't have code you cannot enter the building. You have to pay for sheet but cannot use own sleeping bag. Kitchen is small very crowed in dinner time.

Nice spacious rooms and lockers. Wifi was strong in the hallways. Staff was friendly and helpful when I told them I would be checking in late. Only a fifteen minute walk from the main shopping street and a further ten minutes to Oldtown. Not a super social atmosphere, but people were friendly overall. Be sure you're not in a rush or getting up early to grab a shower.

Thx for sharing;) Ingrid

Good hostel, really nice location and welcoming staff. Staff is only here during the afternoon but you may enter easily at anytime, everything is prepared nicely if you check in late. Only poor point is about the facilities, there is quite a lack of bathrooms but if you do not wake up at a peak hour then it's not a big deal. I would definitely choose it again if I come back to Stockholm.

The reception is open 9-13 and 14-18 ;) Ingrid

The staff and the woman who run the place are great. It's a mixed bag of travelers here with a few long-termers and general travelers. Would recommend.

Thank You! Ingrid and staff

They should have an age limit so you don't get 70 year old men in your room. Hard to meet people if you're travelling on your own but staff are really friendly and it's very homey. Lots of information on the walls

If you had told us we could have changed you into another room... Ingrid

Nice hostel. Bit of a walk to old town etc but not a bad walk. I enjoyed my stay. The staff were very nice.

20 minutes walk in a Capital City... "a bit of a walk" ? Ingrid

Great hostel, very clean, so big lockers and nice staff. I could complain just for internet by wifi: Too slow.

Thx for your input, we're working to get better wifi:) Ingrid

Only two showers available for the whole hostel. Also, only 3 toilets, excluding the sinks in the corridor. Security is so and so: all doors are controlled by a four digit number (no key, no card). Internet reception is ok in the corridor, essentially not existing in the rooms at the back.

Sorry you missed the extra shower and three toilets at the entrance... even though we told You this on your arrival. We only promise Wifi in the common areas, if this is important to You I suggest you read the info before booking!!! Ingrid