Crafoord Place Reviews

H�lsobrunnsgatan 10, 113 61, Stockholm, Sweden

Met very nice people in that hostel and the guy at the reception is very helpfull and a very nice person. But the bathrooms are not very Clean and you have to pay extra for Everything Bedseets, Coffe and even if you want to pay in cash.

Amasing :) Please read information Before you book! Bedlinen and cash payment are the Only things you have to pay extra for! Coffe and tea is free!!! We do offer special coffee like cappuccino in a machine at the price of SEK 10 (anywhere else you'd pay the double). I will check the bathrooms, but normally we get comments on how Clean the bathrooms are so I'm not sure if it was a one off thing or if we need to address this. Ingrid

Same code is used for entire building and all rooms so theoretically you could go into anyone's room. The code did not change day-to-day. The lockers in the rooms weren't wide enough for a large rucksack and the locks for padlocks weren't secure. Though available, be prepared to be charged for any and every add-on including a fee for bed linen and paying cash. Rooms clean but only 2 showers and 3 toilets for whole hostel (which is relatively large).

The code is unique to each room!!! Ingrid

The hostel is more than fine, but not the best place for meeting people if traveling solo. There is only a kitchen and a long hallway with a few couches. Facilities and cleanliness were good, there were however rules sticked to the walwall everywhere. One of them is that there is no alcohol allowed in the hostel, which quite a few people, me included, ignored.

overall it was a pretty decent place. kind of has more of a hotel feel to it, which would have been better if I wasn't a solo traveller. staff is really great and very helpful. only thing is there aren't many outlets near the beds. overall it was a nice place to stay

Thx for suggestion about outlets Terrence! I will look into this:) Ingrid

I really enjoyed my stay at Crafoord Place. Ingrid and all the staff work really hard to keep the place clean and in order. It's a very cosy place and has a great atmosphere for meeting people. I highly recommend it to any travelers passing through Stockholm!

Thx for sharing Peter :) Ingrid and staff

Congrats! your hostel is surelly above the average! It is clean, safe and staffs were very helpful. I just would like to comment on number of stoves available for cooking, as it can be quite "competitive" for the two cooks. Otherwise, that's great!

Thx for noticing Natasha:) Ingrid and staff

Fabulous hostel! Not the best location or partying, but the best imaginable home base for exploring stockholm. Close to the station, downtown, and Kungsholmen (great paddleboarding and swimming spots). There are some adults who stay here, but they didn't mind that we were drinking and goofing around.

• 7th Jul 2015

Thank you Dan! Ingrid and staff

Good place.

Thx! Ingrid and staff

Nice clean rooms, clean facilities, good kitchen, WiFi worked great. The fact they give you the luggage room code before you arrive is awesome!

Thx Taylor:) Ingrid and staff

Good: - location is nice - staff was friendly - security was not obnoxious and at the same time sufficient bad: - no proper common rooms - not really a good atmosphere among people there (prob. due to the above) - showers were partly broken, and there was only two toilets and showers - rather strong perfume-like smell in my room, though you only notice upon entering (and might have been due to others there) overall, It's good if all you're looking for is just a bed, but nothing beyond that.

• 26th Jun 2015

You forgot to mention that you were upgraded for FREE. The Atmosphere: other guests praise us for the Atmosphere;) I suppose it does also have to do with your own likings don't you think? obnoxious and sufficient bad? not really sure what the context is but every room has a separate code + theres lockers for everyone... and yes if theres a guest spraying the room we do try to air it out + we're asking people to not spay for allergic reasons... Ingrid

Cosy atmosphere, friendly staff (lots of interesting tips and info on the walls!). Not much space in the rooms if you have big bags, could do with mirrors in the toilets and bigger (and more?) showers - I think they are currently adding one, but overall a very good place to stay, well organised with a "homy" feel.

Thank's. The No Mirror in the toilets is for a reason; some people would spend to long if we had mirrors. Almost every closet in the room has a mirror:) Ingrid

Fantastic hostel! The facilities, whilst not amazing, are more than suitable and it is located about ten minutes walk to the tourist center. Hands down the best management and atmosphere I've seen yet. Felt like a home away from home.

Thx for making our place great;) Ingrid

Great hostel to stay at, we met many people and had a great time. Will sunshine should be their mascot, he made our experience memorable. It was awesome and we would stay there again!

Will IS our mascot, from now on;) Thx for sharing;) Ingrid

This is one of the most relaxing places I’ve ever stayed in (just 10 minutes walk from central station). very clean (every where), staff are nice, polite, lovely, helpful and professional! Small kitchen but very clean and well organised. Storage room equipped with lockers, shower & restroom (which is exceptional comparing to the other hostels). Highly recommended to any type of travelers.

Thx for sharing:) Ingrid

Not sure this hostel deserves the rating it's got. It's clean and tidy, very friendly staff, safe and secure etc etc. But if you want somewhere to mix with other travellers, enjoy yourself and have a good time this isn't really the place. To many beds taken up by long term residents and families for there to be any real atmosphere. The lack of common room is a big thing along with no bar and no alcohol. It just depends what your looking for - hence my review.

If you had read the info about us BEFORE you booked you wouldn't have had to "have such a bad experience" hey.... Ingrid

Will Sunshine is the mann. Amazing hostel with great facilities! Wish I could have stayed longer. Miss you already crafoord place - love Zoe porter

Thx Zoe, will tell Will;) Ingrid

Sketchy location, totally dead street and if you blink you miss it. Not very intuitive to get to even when you find it at the ground level. Dead atmosphere. Probably oddest place I've ever stayed.

Waow! People pls read the previous rating;)wonder what's what? Ingrid

10 rooms small hostel but atmosphere is beautiful..owner is so live..staff is very enthusiastic to give all information about Stockholm..I suggest definitely stay here if u r going to Stockholm

• 9th Jun 2015
  • India

Thank You so much! Ingrid and staff

I really enjoyed my stay here, it felt relaxed and although most people weren't particularly sociable it still felt a friendly place and not commercialised like most hostels these days, in maintained that homely feel that I think hostels should have. There was always pasta or bread in the morning to have without extra charge and they view wasn't bad either. Only around 10 mins walk to the centre.

Normally I don't stay in rooms with over 5 people so a room with 10 made me anxious. But I had a great experience, the staff was SO welcoming and friendly, they made sure I knew how to get to the hostel so I didn't get lost when I arrived. The location is great, easy to walk to almost everything, there are helpful tips throughout the hostel and the hostel was very clean when I was there. I've stayed in lots of hostels and I recommend this place!