Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

Great people. Very friendly staff. Thanks for the free wifi :-). Met some people around the place which were great fun to talk to. And the herb garden made meals fun!

Great place to stay! Would definitely stay here again!

thanks for the great review safe travels to you.

Best place I've stayed in the north Island! Great place and atmosphere, really close to center of the city and literally next door to the beautiful museum and the lake. Also, Free Wi-Fi AND FREE RICE OR PASTA IN EVERY MEAL. There's all sorts of fun activities inside and outside the hostel (like poker night and pub crawl). The only downside was the mattress, a little too thin for my taste.

great places attract cool people ! thank you for taking the time to write a review safe travels to you.

We loved staying here! Had a private double room which was perfect. The hostel is in a great location and has plenty of parking, the staff were really friendly and helpful. i really liked the room with the pool tables and sofas and TV it was great to chill out. One night we were there it was movie night so we watched DVDs and got free hot chocolate and popcorn! The 2nd night it was spaghetti bolognaise night - free dinner!! Would definitely recommend Crash Palace :-)

• 12th Jun 2014

thanks for the kind words, stoked you loved the palace safe travels to you.

Really lovely hostel, very kind and caring staff. The only issue for me really was the internet. It wasn't working for most of the day, then you are only allowed 24 hours for free then you have to pay. It was really frustrating and really I think will not work in the hostels favour. I am on a world trip and this is the first hostel where I have potentially had to pay.

thanks we have been working to get free wifi but we were locked into a contract with our provider.. that has since stopped and we now offer wifi across the board free. sorry the net was down when you arrived it was a fault out of our control as the network company located a line fault. i have been listening to my customers i was just stuck to do anything about it until now... safe travels and thanks for the constructive review !

Only stayed here one night, but it was overall pretty solid. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean, nice lounge and outdoor patio area, decebt location. Just wish I could bring my own alcohol in, as that's forbidden because they sell their own there. Good place though, definitely recommend it.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. The Rotorua council dictate the liquor laws unfortunately this is out of my control. I must say it is nice not to have to clean up and read bad reviews about people over indulging on the booze and keeping others up. we try to bring you cheap ways to drink responsibly. beers here are around $5 and when you head out we give you 2 for 1 deals..... its a balance sometimes hard to find . thanks dude safe travels to you.

I stayed at the CRASH PALACE overnight. That was good. Staffs also friendly.

thanks for taking the time to leave a review ! safe travels to you.

Crash Palace was an amazingly friendly place with Chris and the team there to help. The facilities were fantastic and the free tea, coffee, pasta and rice were a great touch. I would definately recommend Crash Palace to anyone when staying in Rotorua as the value for money compared to many other hostels in both New Zealand and Austrailia was incredible 👍

thanks so much for your kind words hope you have a great trip and enjoy the rest of nz. safe travels :)

Cool, helpful staff, good location. 24 hours free internet if you book online (a great deal for NZ, which is one of the last holdouts who don't give you free internet for staying somewhere). They had a concert there on Saturday night, and they also have 10am checkouts. So it's a great place to stay if you want to meet people and have fun...but not if you want a quiet nights sleep or want to do early morning activities.

thanks for the review we are sorry you found the hostel noisy we try to keep the balance how ever sometimes with live music artists can get louder. safe travels hope you enjoyed the concert @!!

Have stayed at Crash before. Was just as good this time. Great stay.

love it that you came back thank you appreciate it !@!

My third stay here, still a great hostel. The owner Chris is a great bloke, can't do enough for you. So many freebies in the TWO kitchens it's unbelievable.

like attracts like!! thanks for sharing your review !! safe travels to you..

The best hostel I've stayed in NZ. Awesome staff und owner. Chilled atmosphere and definetly an excellent value for money. So much free stuff, Pasta, rice,spices etc. Ah really good hostel to meet people and have a good time. Thumps up for Crash Palace

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate the kind words.. safe travels to you ..

Great hostel! I loved the mud tour!! :)

thanks for doing the charity mud tour we appreciate the support ! we brought 2 disabled children an ipad last month so they can develop and learn. you helped us do that so sincerely thank you. safe travels.

Nice People and a friendly atmosphere :)

like attracts like thanks for bringing your friendly self into the hostel safe travels.

Loved this hostel! Staff are friendly, so many activities and facilities. Great value.

wicked review cheers!! our guests also make this the place it is, so cheers for participating in the hostel vibe :) have a great trip.

i liked this place it felt good to chill out here.

nice we love the chilled vibe glad you enjoyed our hostel. safe travels

The kitchen is subpar but the atmosphere was super social. My friends and I started watching Bridget Jones' Diary and soon this massive group gathered that we all later went out drinking and dancing with.

Great hostel! Staff was very energetic and very informative on different things to do in the area. Booked us a White Water Rafting trip within an hour of us arriving. Large rooms and nice deck area. Got free wifi for booking online. Does some tours that raise money for charities, which is a great idea!

thanks for supporting our charity we love it that guests want to support what we do in the community with our local youth. safe travels

Great mud tour! Fascinating charity organisation of the owner

• 5th Feb 2014

Good common areas and awesome staff. Would definitely stay here again! No security lockers, but the rooms are all keyed.

thanks for taking the time to leave us a review we appreciate it. we have 24 lockers at reception not sure you saw them. have a great trip through nz.