Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

Awesome place to stay. The outdoor area is great for meeting people and the bar crawl was good fun. Really enjoyed my stay. For some reason the lock on room 10 was so hard to unlock from the outside so we ended up leaving it unlocked... That's my only complaint though. Loved this place!

• 6th Feb 2016

Had a fantastic stay at Crash Palace. The rooms were large with excellent facilities, extra shelves, lockers and charging points. They were also bright and quiet. The hostel has two kitchens and a nice outdoor area. Pool is free and the music playlists are great! Plus free pancakes and DJs on the weekends. The crowd was chilled out and friendly. I would definitely recommend it. Thanks guys!

Nice sociable hostel close to centre of town, cheap bar , always something going on

Party hostel. Paper-thin walls, and so impossible to sleep if you're not partying. Events every night, Bbq, beer pong etc. Pretty clean and well looked-after, tiny kitchens for the massive amount of people staying there. Clean, but noisy and expensive.

Wow party hostel?? we play music and yep sometimes get rowdy till 11pm at the latest ? this is a hostel not a retirement village ? party hostels I have stayed in went for like 4 days thanks for the review sorry you rated you stay so poorly. travel safe.

Enjoyed this spot overall. Very friendly staff. Clean. Kitchen facilities could be improved - burners were slow, little counter space, nothing for making coffee, not enough mugs. Also it was not clear from the online hostel description that you are not allowed to bring in your own alcohol, though perhaps this helps avoid noise and late-night partying - definitely was quiet after 11pm. Overall we thought this would be a great spot especially for traveling solo and on a tight budget.

Thanks we are back from school holidays and looking at a full revamp for both our kitchens it has been a massive summer and we are trying to fit it all in around our guests. aAcohol is council policy sorry there is a liquor ban in the city and you can only drink on licensed premises. have a great trip thanks for the review

Good place, nice dorms and perfect hangout areas. Only thing is downstairs kitchen was fairly dirty and smelled (yeah all of Rotorua does) but the kitchen upstairs was good! Nice location! Would recommend:)

thanks as stated in past reviews we are re vamping the kitchens its just a matter of finding the right time to do it as peak season is probably not the best they are cleaned everyday by our crew and they do a good job thanks for taking the time to leave a review safe travels

Nice hostel, all facilities you need are there, only the wash and drying is quite expensive.

Wow we wash dry and fold your laundry for you for $10 to $14 and you find that expensive? To put it in perspective for you the laundry mat down the road charges $16 for a wash and dry and you do that yourself. travel safe thanks for the review although i disagree we have a great service that free up your time to explore rotorua !

This is a lovely hostel with a very chilled vibe. Reception staff are very helpful!!the kitchens are small but there are two of them. The common areas are spacious and clean and the showers are good. Only downside was the bedroom was so hot and the windows don't open much. We didn't stay at a particularly hot time so maybe some fans would be great to cool the dorms down!I would defiantly recommend staying here though!

Thanks for the constructive review we kitchens are on our radar for a revamp we have just finished painting the outside. We do have fans at reception for the rooms if is to hot, we did have them in the rooms but people continued to leave them on all day when they were not there. have a great trip safe travels !

Go for it! It's a good place ;)

thanks travels safe !

Amazing staff, amazing place. They really take care of you like family. They have nightly events and overall best hostel I have been to in New Zealand.

• 18th Jan 2016

thanks for taking part in what goes on ! you guys make the place we just provide the space ! travel safe !

Good place to stay if you like to drink expensive beer from a bar, rather than bring your own from the supermarket and store it in the fridge (not allowed). I was told upon arrival that I would be fined 100 $ if I got caught drinking, Kia Ora indeed. Other than that, very average place.

Thanks for the review our beer is Cheap considering drinking out in town is $7.50 to $9 for a beer. Sorry you had an issue with the liquor ban and council requirements? You maybe should have read the booking confirmation to find out the conditions of stay before arrival you could have got drunk and made a mess somewhere else Kia Ora!

Decent hostel for the money. Would be nice if the power outlets were spread around the room instead of all in one corner, and the doors are not easy to lock. Beds comfortable enough and a kitchen on each floor. Would stay here again if I return to Rotorua!

thanks i am back from school holidays with my daughter and will be sorting out all the plugs in the coming weeks as i catch up on the past holidays maintenance. travel safe

This place absolutely deserves it's rating! Highly recommended!

Thanks for coming to stay ! have a great trip safe travels.

We absolutely love the atmosphere at Crash Palace, we've actually stayed here twice now while in New Zealand. Staff could be a little friendlier but aside from that it's great!

thanks for taking the time to leave a review hope you have a great time in NZ safe travels !

wifi was awful and the website says 24 hour check in which was the reason we booked there and it wasn't true.

• 14th Jan 2016

thanks we have 24hr check in, you have to contact us as it says to gain access to the hostel we do not have someone on reception 24hrs we allow you to get your key after hours and access your room. If you had of contacted us as directed you would have had no issues. I will get the wifi company to come and sort out the wifi we don't use it so you review has let me know there is a issue and for this i thank you for the constructive feedback. travel safe

Absolutely amazing .. I hope to come back!!

• 13th Jan 2016

your welcome back anytime travel safe !!

I stayed with two friends, we all really enjoyed the hostel. Was one of the best hostels we have stayed in. Great facilities, loved the pub crawl, very clean. knowledgeable and friendly stalf. Also provided lots of free things that all backpackers love, including free rice and pasta as well unlimited WiFi. Great place for short or longer stay. No negatives.

• 9th Jan 2016

I liked the hostel but two things bothered me the whole time I was there. Whoever cleaned the rooms during the day would just leave the doors wide open upon finishing, and because the rooms require a key to lock, they would stay that way until someone staying in the room either got back for the day or arrived. Thoroughly frustrating getting back to realise my stuff (even though it wasnt valuables) was easily accessible. Also, the second floor kitchen needs a second fridge, there was never space!

thanks this is constructive and we have resolved the locked door issue as our cleaner was not locking the doors as he should. The fridge is getting replaced when we renovate reception in the coming weeks to allow more fridge space for guests. appreciate the feedback we always are trying to improve our hostel.

Some of the temporary staff weren't particularly friendly & very cliquey, which is a shame as they are the regular faces you'll see. However the owners seemed very friendly. The kitchen upstairs isn't that clean even though it got cleaned twice a day - things like dead flies in the garlic pot!! Not a lot of cutlery either but good with other things, the free herbs and spices was brilliant & the free pasta. Bedrooms are OK though beds quite squeaky and mattress very uncomfortable. overall - gd

thanks we have had a summer crew who have grown close sorry they seemed cliquey they all moving on now so new crew will resolve this :) I have talked to my kitchen crew to resolve the upstairs cleaning issue. thanks for letting me know sometimes people get lazy joys of running a large crew!

Best Hostel we've been so far in NZ. Nice and motivated staff, clean rooms, free rice and noodles!

thanks for the review i love my staff got a motivation tick means they are loving what they are doing and taking some pride !! They will get lunch next week thanks for the kind words !! travel safe

« first « Prev 1 2 3