Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

We stayed 2 nights. There was a mix-up when we first checked-in (someone else had been let into our room) 3 staff members quickly found the other guests, cleaned the room, and gave us a complementary drink while we waited. The whole mix-up took about 10 minutes to correct.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thanks for your understanding ladies I have new staff for summer and we all make mistakes when we are learning. I was happy to come and resolve this problem for you on the spot with as little inconvenience to you as possible thank you for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it and glad you enjoyed your stay. safe travels

Our stay was great. free spag bol for me one night and right in the middle of rotorua. We used the hot spa everyday.

cheers for coming to stay guys glad you enjoyed it. safe travels.

The palace is a wonderfull place. Has a charm of it's own. My family and I felt very welcome. My 11 yr old son fancied he could comfortably take on permanant residence at the crash palace. Thank you

• 9th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

thank you guys for coming stay. was lovely to met you all hope you have a great time away. travel safe. till next time

The only thing that didn't really work for me here was that the person checking me in was too busy checking facebook on their phone to answer my simple questions about Rotorua - luckily they were far more helpful at the I-site down the road. No lockers in the dorms - these are provided in the reception which is great but they are small - that said security didn't seem to be an issue. Location was perfect and hostel was very clean too.

I take full responsibility for this and there is no excuse for it i am sorry I made you feel this way i am always here to help people get the most out of Rotorua and the surrounding areas. Facebook has it benefits and its downfalls this being a downfall it can drag you into it. Our charity has set up a challenge to help homeless people in NZ and my facebook is a busy place for me. $10 food challenge is like the ice challenge but instead of wasting money on ice you buy wholesome food and gift it.

OK but nothing more. Good for saving money

thanks for you review i would hope you stay in a hotel next time backpacking isn't for you. safe travels.

Only let down was that the spa pool wasn't hot :(

Sorry mate sometimes we have to refill it after 6 or so people hop out and empty the water only cold water refills it. I know you had a great stay none the less all the best with your family and your time here in NZ doll safe travels...

The rates are very cheap and yet it is such and excellent stay with heaps of free offers and different themes in the evening. It's more than worth the money!

• 1st Oct 2014

thanks for taking the time to leave a review. we do have the best value hostel beds in NZ. safe travels to you.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Crash Place!

• 24th Sep 2014

Superb hostel! The owners put a lot of effort & love in the place & it shows. Artisitic interior which definitely contributes to the atmosphere, & everything is well kept. A lot of awesome facilities eg pool table, hot tub, veggie/herb garden, free wifi, free rice/pasta/spices, etc.. Daily activities eg poker night, pancakes for breakky, pub crawl, spag bol night, ... Chris is very knowledgeable & helpful. People with their heart in the right place. Just go there, you'll love it!!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel with awesome friendly atmosphere. No lockers in the room but hostel feels safe and secure.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. You guys make the place we just provide the space, we appreciate you coming to stay. safe travels.

Friendly owners, centrally located, I would stay there again!

thanks, we would welcome you back anytime :) appreciate the kind words. safe travels to you.

Chris is an amazing host and an inspiration to be a good person and contribute positively to our planet's well being! Staying at this hostel gives you an opportunity to learn that we can coordinate our leisurely activities to benefit our environment. Fresh organic veggies! Doesn't get better than that!

• 3rd Sep 2014

wow thank you. I'm lost for words. safe travels to you. and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Great place. Free unlimited wifi, free lockers, free oil, herbs, spices, rice and pasta. The owner is always happy to help, something is happening every night or movies available and the place is clean, spacious and secure. Would highly recommend to anyone, I will be returning.

thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. hope you guys find many more cool places to stay on your travels have a great trip safe travels to you..

Loved the place. People were great, hostel was clean.

This hostel is just full of life! There is something undescriptable in the atmosphere that makes you feel like home. Great free hot tub, super helpful staff, free rice, pasta, coffee, tea... I absolutely loved it! Thanks guys

My two friends and i really enjoyed our stay here at crash palace the staff were lovely and the environment just felt real homely thank you so much for the lovely stay my friends and i will definitely be returning there.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

thanks for coming to stay! Appreciate the kind words hope you guys have a great holiday safe travels to you..

Awesome place ! D.J with reggae mix on the evening, pool game, free jacuzzi, event every day... Best packpacker, ever !!

Thanks for the kind words my brother ! :) rather call myself a music lover than DJ lol ;) glad you liked the tune selection dude wish you all the best on your travels man bless!

I really enjoyed my stay here. Perfect location in Rotorua, staff very friendly and helpful (esp. Marie!!). Events every night (from movie to party night). Awesome hot tub! Small hostel, so it´s easy to meet people and soon you feel like part of the family. Only minus: rooms were pretty cramped and there are no lockers. No heating in the bathroom (but showers were hot), kitchen way too tiny.

My husband

thanks for you review and rating i am sure there has been a glitch in the matrix as we just have My husband as your review. safe travels to you both.

Great deal! 15 $ for a 10 bed dorm, great and actually not noisy. All spices, oil etc... for free plus pasta and rice! Jaccuzzi and pool table included Nly "bad" thing, we cant bring our own alcool as they got a bar

thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. is it really a bad thing we have a bar? cheap beers and a fun atmosphere also means you don't have drunk people in your 10 bed dorm waking you up or making a mess with empty bottles and beer spilling through the hostel. Cheapest hostel in NZ and by far the best quality hostel you will get for the money you pay !! have a great trip ladies safe travels.