Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

Very friendly staff and great atmosphere. There's absolutely everything you need, and there's even free pancakes and free dinner on some days of the week! There's also free rice and pasta apparently, I heard that you just need ask the staff for it :)

• 25th Jul 2015

Pros: Loved the hot tub, pool table and the free stuff. Loads of power outlets in dorm which is great. Cons: Bunks were squeaky and mattress quite thin. Kitchen and dining area pretty small.

thanks for letting me know about the bunks i have tightened them up today and got rid of the squeeeeeeeeeeeeek :) i have 14 new mattresses on order for our dorm rooms we are aware some of them need replacing and have this in progress thanks for the constructive review safe travels .

I had the best stay here! Great atmosphere, so many social activities, super clean, and there were dogs to pat. They were also super helpful with planning activities for me and I barely had to lift a finger- plus they do your laundry! (For a small sum). Only thing I could say is to add some power points or reading lights to the walls for each bed in the dorm- and that is my only critique. Best hostel I stated in in New Zealand- would seriously recommend it, and so well priced too!

thanks for the kind words glad you enjoyed your stay we are the cheapest place to stay in New Zealand we believe our beds are worth way more than what we charge we do this for you the backpacker to save $ the more you save the longer you can travel :) hope you have a great trip. safe travels. remember to book with renovations going on beds maybe limited.

I was sick of watching Harry Potter, Lord of The Rings, Hobbit and Pirates of he Carribean by the end of the stay. They need to hide/ destroy these or have a trilogy/epic day to free up the airwaves for other films. One comment I heard from the manager training new staff ' you %#?* with me I %#?* with you' I found really off putting. I found the staff really pleasant and helpful and hardworking. I don't think it is necessary to threaten staff to get them to do their job. It's not cool at all.

You could have changed the film or spoke up for yourself ? . The staff meeting was to let the 6 new staff how it is they are here for 4 weeks and they are expected to do a good job for 2.5 hrs a day and yep i call it how i see it if they mess about and don't do it properly they get kicked out this is not a democracy its a business we are dealing with 11 people each month on holiday working for us thats 120 people a year how I do it works they work hard we party hard they enjoy it job done.

Generally enjoyed my stay. Downstairs kitchen wasn't quite up to the same standard as the upstairs one, but that was okay, considering it's basically a backpackers.

• 8th Jul 2015

Amazing hostel, unlimited WiFi, everywhere is clean and lots of space, also so much free stuff, love it

thanks for coming to stay have a great trip safe travels to you.

Had a nice experience in Crash Palace and is pretty convenient place too where you have an easy access to town centre. Indeed a value for money. 😊

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

thank you for the kind words safe travels to you.

Disappointed with Sunday pancakes. No butter, no syrup and no griddle. Only very liquidy mixture for pancakes available.

dis a pointed with the disappointment :( we offer free pancakes the toppings are up to you we try to offer our guests the best value for money in NZ i see you paid $13.20 for you room and got free pancakes? not sure you will find a better deal in nz but thanks for coming to stay have a great trip safe travels to you.

We did not get the room we booked

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Azerbaijan

we are sorry we could not get you all into the same room sometimes the websites allocate the rooms when booked and although we may show 6 beds in a 6 bed there maybe 3 in one and 3 in another so sorry we could put you all in the same room. safe travels to you.

It was winter and at night we had 1 centigree. They provide only thin covers and I froze my ass off. It seems that for the 15 bucks per night you cannot expect more ....

• 22nd Jun 2015

Thanks for the review however we can not be blamed for your lack of knowledge on how to turn on a radiator? We have thermal heating witch is free and on all the time also we have extra blankets at reception for those that may need them. sorry you were cold however if your room is cold please just come and see reception they will sort it out for you. @ 15 bucks per night we are the cheapest place to stay in NZ however we still pride ourselves on being clean warm and friendly.

Awesome place, really well located, good rooms and clean facilites. The staff was nice and the owner took us on a great tour for a really good value, great guy! Had a lot of fun!!! :)

Thanks for the kind words !! and thanks for supporting our charity and doing our mud tour !! hope you have a great trip safe travels to you !!

Staff were very friendly, free wifi was nice and there was also a free dinner on the night we stayed. Bathroom space was plenty and the rooms were nice. Criticism would mainly come that it was quite dark, and felt unwelcoming, even though everyone was very friendly! Bit hard to explain, but it was a nice place, and a lot of effort had gone into it. Would recommend.

Thanks for the review I am not sure how to reply to this maybe you sense things others don't? This place is alive and buzzing all the time we have various people and energy through our doors sorry it felt strange to you its a hostel. safe travels

This place is really tidy. They offer free parking and free tea/coffee/rice/pasta. We stayed in the winter and it was nice and warm. The bathrooms are clean and modern. It is located right in the centre of the city. They offer 1 day free wifi and there is plenty of places to chill including a hot tub. They also have a free pool table. Only down side was there wasn't a great number of plug sockets in our room, but there are loads downstairs. Great value for money, would definitely recommend here

thanks for the constructive review I will set about getting more sockets in that room sorry i have been meaning to do it for a while we are just in the middle of painting the hostel so i am crazy busy. hope you have a great trip safe travels

We had a very good time. Excellent staff. Only the kitchen is a little small.

thanks for coming to stay we do have 2 kitchens glad you had a good time safe travels

I was very impressed with the value for money I received. It was warm and comfortable and in an easy to find location. After staying in this hostel I would be very likely to recommend it to a friend or anyone traveling through Rotorua.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you for the kind words we are the cheapest place in NZ so don't be fooled by the price we are clean warm and friendly with lots of people every night to chat to and make new friends with after all this is why we travel no ? safe travels hope you have a great trip

Only stayed one night and wasn't really there but a good hostel for the price and clean, comfy rooms.

thanks for coming to stay safe travles

We had an awesome stay! The hostel is in a really good location, the staff is awesome and very helpful and there even is a hot tub! We got really good advice on what to do (also free stuff) and discounted tickets. Best hostel I stayed in in New Zealand so far!!

you guys make the place we just provide the space!!! thank for coming to stay and taking part in what goes on in the hostel, without our guests and their involvement we are just a building with beds. hope you have a great trip and meet many more cool people along the way. safe travels.

Nice hostel for Rotorua, close to everything and friendly staff. Lots of kitchen space and good showers

thanks for the kind words safe travels to you.

Very clean and tidy hostel. Very helpful with trips and getting discount on them

• 24th May 2015

thanks for coming to stay appreciate the kind words :) safe travels to you

Crash palace is a pretty cheap hostel but they still manage to give you free stuff like pasta or rice for cooking, spices, instant coffee and provide free dinner or popcorn for movie nights. Plus they have single showers and toilets which makes it feel pretty private.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. We are set on bringing backpackers the best priced hostel and travel activities in Rotorua If anyone finds a better price on activities or hostel beds locally we will beat it !! Saving you money is what we are about as we have traveled ourselves and know the importance of every $. Have a great trip thanks for coming to stay !! safe travels to you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3