Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

Loved the place. People were great, hostel was clean.

This hostel is just full of life! There is something undescriptable in the atmosphere that makes you feel like home. Great free hot tub, super helpful staff, free rice, pasta, coffee, tea... I absolutely loved it! Thanks guys

Awesome place ! D.J with reggae mix on the evening, pool game, free jacuzzi, event every day... Best packpacker, ever !!

• 15th Aug 2014

My husband

thanks for you review and rating i am sure there has been a glitch in the matrix as we just have My husband as your review. safe travels to you both.

Great deal! 15 $ for a 10 bed dorm, great and actually not noisy. All spices, oil etc... for free plus pasta and rice! Jaccuzzi and pool table included Nly "bad" thing, we cant bring our own alcool as they got a bar

thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. is it really a bad thing we have a bar? cheap beers and a fun atmosphere also means you don't have drunk people in your 10 bed dorm waking you up or making a mess with empty bottles and beer spilling through the hostel. Cheapest hostel in NZ and by far the best quality hostel you will get for the money you pay !! have a great trip ladies safe travels.

I only stayed two nights, but it had a fun atmosphere and helpful staff. It's right around the corner from the Tourist Information Center. There's a jacuzzi, a lounge for watching movies, and a pool table. The staff was friendly, but I would recommend knowing the hours that they can help you (e.g. if you need to check out very early or if you're arriving late). Overall a great hostel where you are bound to make friends!

thanks for taking the time to leave a review. i love how you have mentioned the opening hours. you must of heard me telling off the women who woke me and my 3 year old up at 6.30am to catch the 7.30am bus. Happy to check people out in the evening if they have an early bus although we normally have someone here @ 7.10am for people catching the 7.30 bus. thanks for the kind words have a safe trip through NZ safe travels to you .

Great hostel with warm atmosphere and friendly staff! What you get for your money is a lot! They have a well temperatured whirlpool outside, a little terace with a lot of lights, fresh herbs and some free stuff in the kitchen :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. we have made it our mission to be the best quality hostel for the cheapest prices in NZ

I really liked this hostel, some evenings had a special "theme/ treat", which was nice. Bathroom facilities very good! It was warm in the room, but a bit cold in the kitchen.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. hope you have a great trip through NZ .Kitchens are a bit cold as we do not have heating in the kitchens as when people start to cook they generally heat up. safe travels to you hope you enjoy NZ

Great people. Very friendly staff. Thanks for the free wifi :-). Met some people around the place which were great fun to talk to. And the herb garden made meals fun!

thanks for the kind words you will always meet people at crash we are the cheapest top quality hostel in NZ so we are always busy with cool travelers all the time. have a great trip safe travels to you.

Great place to stay! Would definitely stay here again!

thanks for the great review safe travels to you.

Best place I've stayed in the north Island! Great place and atmosphere, really close to center of the city and literally next door to the beautiful museum and the lake. Also, Free Wi-Fi AND FREE RICE OR PASTA IN EVERY MEAL. There's all sorts of fun activities inside and outside the hostel (like poker night and pub crawl). The only downside was the mattress, a little too thin for my taste.

great places attract cool people ! thank you for taking the time to write a review safe travels to you.

We loved staying here! Had a private double room which was perfect. The hostel is in a great location and has plenty of parking, the staff were really friendly and helpful. i really liked the room with the pool tables and sofas and TV it was great to chill out. One night we were there it was movie night so we watched DVDs and got free hot chocolate and popcorn! The 2nd night it was spaghetti bolognaise night - free dinner!! Would definitely recommend Crash Palace :-)

• 12th Jun 2014

thanks for the kind words, stoked you loved the palace safe travels to you.

Really lovely hostel, very kind and caring staff. The only issue for me really was the internet. It wasn't working for most of the day, then you are only allowed 24 hours for free then you have to pay. It was really frustrating and really I think will not work in the hostels favour. I am on a world trip and this is the first hostel where I have potentially had to pay.

thanks we have been working to get free wifi but we were locked into a contract with our provider.. that has since stopped and we now offer wifi across the board free. sorry the net was down when you arrived it was a fault out of our control as the network company located a line fault. i have been listening to my customers i was just stuck to do anything about it until now... safe travels and thanks for the constructive review !

Only stayed here one night, but it was overall pretty solid. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean, nice lounge and outdoor patio area, decebt location. Just wish I could bring my own alcohol in, as that's forbidden because they sell their own there. Good place though, definitely recommend it.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. The Rotorua council dictate the liquor laws unfortunately this is out of my control. I must say it is nice not to have to clean up and read bad reviews about people over indulging on the booze and keeping others up. we try to bring you cheap ways to drink responsibly. beers here are around $5 and when you head out we give you 2 for 1 deals..... its a balance sometimes hard to find . thanks dude safe travels to you.

I stayed at the CRASH PALACE overnight. That was good. Staffs also friendly.

thanks for taking the time to leave a review ! safe travels to you.

Crash Palace was an amazingly friendly place with Chris and the team there to help. The facilities were fantastic and the free tea, coffee, pasta and rice were a great touch. I would definately recommend Crash Palace to anyone when staying in Rotorua as the value for money compared to many other hostels in both New Zealand and Austrailia was incredible 👍

thanks so much for your kind words hope you have a great trip and enjoy the rest of nz. safe travels :)

Cool, helpful staff, good location. 24 hours free internet if you book online (a great deal for NZ, which is one of the last holdouts who don't give you free internet for staying somewhere). They had a concert there on Saturday night, and they also have 10am checkouts. So it's a great place to stay if you want to meet people and have fun...but not if you want a quiet nights sleep or want to do early morning activities.

thanks for the review we are sorry you found the hostel noisy we try to keep the balance how ever sometimes with live music artists can get louder. safe travels hope you enjoyed the concert @!!

Have stayed at Crash before. Was just as good this time. Great stay.

love it that you came back thank you appreciate it !@!

My third stay here, still a great hostel. The owner Chris is a great bloke, can't do enough for you. So many freebies in the TWO kitchens it's unbelievable.

like attracts like!! thanks for sharing your review !! safe travels to you..