Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

Lots of power strips in the rooms, great. Atmosphere was incredible and everyone staying

Nice enough place, good location. It has it's own bar, which means you can't bring in your own alcohol. Beers are $5.50-$7.50, so Deffo much pricier than the supermarket! Kitchen doesn't have an oven either., so we failed when we bought pizza!

Amazing hostel, everyone really friendly, great facilities & location, enjoyed my stay.

My stay in Cash Palace was absolutely lovely, it might be one of the best hostels in NZ, it's at least the best in which I stayed. All the free stuff and the facilities are awesome, hot tub after a rainy day is perfect, staff is great, rooms are big, comfy and very clean. Plus it is very cheap, so excellent value for money. Thanks a lot Chris, take care ;)

• 14th Nov 2014

Best (and cheapest!) hostel I've stayed in in NZ--a super cosy atmosphere that has major personality. Good kiwi music is always coming out of the common area speakers, the kitchen has free pasta/rice/spices for you to use, and there's free unlimited Global Gossip wi-fi. Definitely take their Maori Mud Tour--the owner takes you out in his van and shows you local sights and explains their history, it ends at a sweet natural hot spring, and all the $ goes towards the hostel's arts/youth charity.

• 12th Nov 2014

For a first time backpacker, I really enjoyed my stay at Crash Palace. Met some great people staying in the 10-person dorm, slept really well in the beds and really enjoyed the facilities available. I also enjoyed the Maori Mud tour they ran; I highly recommend! My only minor gripes would be the toilet seat lids (they just don't stay up while on the loo haha), plus there not being enough powerpoints around the room. Free pasta/rice and bbq was also awesome. Don't get much better than that!

• 12th Nov 2014

Really enjoyed my stay, the staff was amazing the rooms and kitchen areas where clean. They have free Pasta and rice everyday and yummy pancakes on Sunday mornings. I also did the pubcrawl on the Saturday night- it was heaps of fun and a perfect opportunity to get to know everyone better and to make new friends.

thanks for coming to stay with us we appreciate it ! Love the fact that you took part in what goes on in the hostel this is why it works people like yourself willing to take part and make it fun ! safe travels to you hope you have a great trip.

Nice place. Only stayed one night. Played a few games of pool and watched a movie on movie night. Would stay again.

Really great hostel. To admit this was the first hostel I had ever stayed in and it really set the bar high. The free rice and pasta was awesome, the atmosphere was up beat yet chilled out at the same time. Great place to spend time, have a beer with a friend and navigate Rotorua from. Facilities could only be docked in that Wifi wasn't free, which can be important to a traveler with a budget. But the laundry service and daily activities were one of a kind.

Great hostel, the owner is very nice, and he has an event coordinator run something every night (Wii competition, poker game, etc). Just need to pick up Mario Kart and 4 controllers to really get the party started!

This is a great hostel, very helpful staff and great perks (hot tub/pool table)

• 28th Oct 2014
  • India

thanks for coming to stay with us. Hope you have a great trip safe travels to you.

I spend a few days in this backpacker and I had a great moment there! People and staff are nice, a lot of facilities (even a hot tube) and good music!! I do recommande!! Thank you again!!

like attracts like. thanks for coming to stay with us, my little family appreciates it. hope you meet many more cool people and have more wicked traveling memories as you roam around our beautiful country this summer. all the best . safe travels.

We stayed 2 nights. There was a mix-up when we first checked-in (someone else had been let into our room) 3 staff members quickly found the other guests, cleaned the room, and gave us a complementary drink while we waited. The whole mix-up took about 10 minutes to correct.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thanks for your understanding ladies I have new staff for summer and we all make mistakes when we are learning. I was happy to come and resolve this problem for you on the spot with as little inconvenience to you as possible thank you for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it and glad you enjoyed your stay. safe travels

Our stay was great. free spag bol for me one night and right in the middle of rotorua. We used the hot spa everyday.

cheers for coming to stay guys glad you enjoyed it. safe travels.

The palace is a wonderfull place. Has a charm of it's own. My family and I felt very welcome. My 11 yr old son fancied he could comfortably take on permanant residence at the crash palace. Thank you

• 9th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

thank you guys for coming stay. was lovely to met you all hope you have a great time away. travel safe. till next time

The only thing that didn't really work for me here was that the person checking me in was too busy checking facebook on their phone to answer my simple questions about Rotorua - luckily they were far more helpful at the I-site down the road. No lockers in the dorms - these are provided in the reception which is great but they are small - that said security didn't seem to be an issue. Location was perfect and hostel was very clean too.

I take full responsibility for this and there is no excuse for it i am sorry I made you feel this way i am always here to help people get the most out of Rotorua and the surrounding areas. Facebook has it benefits and its downfalls this being a downfall it can drag you into it. Our charity has set up a challenge to help homeless people in NZ and my facebook is a busy place for me. $10 food challenge is like the ice challenge but instead of wasting money on ice you buy wholesome food and gift it.

Really great hostel, I can't believe how cheap it was! Staff was really helpful in giving advice on what to do/where to go around Rotorua. Facilities were clean and well kept, nice lounge area, full size pool table, and beds were quite comfortable. Excellent atmosphere as well; real easy to meet other travelers, hang out and talk about our adventures around NZ. Overall, really great hostel, one of the best I've stayed at, if you're in Rotorua definitely stay here!

we just provide the space brother thanks for your kind words man hope you have a great trip through the rest of NZ safe travels ! Peace !

OK but nothing more. Good for saving money

thanks for you review i would hope you stay in a hotel next time backpacking isn't for you. safe travels.

Only let down was that the spa pool wasn't hot :(

Sorry mate sometimes we have to refill it after 6 or so people hop out and empty the water only cold water refills it. I know you had a great stay none the less all the best with your family and your time here in NZ doll safe travels...

The rates are very cheap and yet it is such and excellent stay with heaps of free offers and different themes in the evening. It's more than worth the money!

• 1st Oct 2014

thanks for taking the time to leave a review. we do have the best value hostel beds in NZ. safe travels to you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3