Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

Great hostel and friendly staff. It was very clean during my stay and the kitchen is well equiped including spices and oil. However it would have been great if there had been a freezer as well. Furthermore, it is really annoying you are not allowed to have or drink your own alcoholic beverages in or around the hostel, you have to buy these for 6-7$ each at the bar.

thanks for the review. freezers are 1 of the worst things for us. People try to freeze fizzy drinks and they explode in the freezer . you as a customer just make the mess and leave, they create more work for us. i would say it would be more annoying if people brought their own alcohol and kept you up late drinking late at night. we have a good balance which works for us and we are the cheapest place to stay and drink in town. can't beat that! hope you have a good trip safe travels.

We really enjoyed our stay at crash palace!

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Good location, and very good value for money. Nice environment, and helpful staff. Small kitchens that get messy easily.

Great hostel, very friendly and central

Don't pick this place if you value sleep as it is a party hostel that plays loud music all day until late night. Staff are great however a little ignorant of tours they provide. Doors desperately needs oil as they creak like a jack hammer. Walls are thin as. There's no private space. Stove tops takes 20 min to start up. Needs fan for upstairs room or something to prop open windows (i ended up using my shampoo bottle to keep the windows open because of the humidity)

thanks for your review I only oiled the doors last month so will be off to do that this morning. wasn't aware that we had an issue with a stove top will also look into this we are training new staff for summer please be considerate of this. we understand the hostel is not for everyone. Music is going till 11 pm we are sorry if this is to late we are a youth hostel not a rest home. safe travels to you thanks for raising some issues for me to look into.

I really enjoyed my stay here (stayed for a week) and is my favourite hostel I've been in so far. The staff are really friendly and are more than willing to help and give advice. They have something planned each day of the week. E.g - free bbq, free pancakes, pool night. I also loved the fact I didn't have to pay for wifi and wish more hostels did the same. Thanks for an awesome stay.

Definitely the best hostel I have stayed in. The facilities are great and very clean, the staff are very friendly and the organising of the events each night was excellent. To too it off free pasta and rice! Would definitely recommend anyone to stay here

• 20th Nov 2014

thanks for the kind words stoked you had an enjoyable stay. safe travels to you.

Lots of power strips in the rooms, great. Atmosphere was incredible and everyone staying

thanks for the kind words and coming to stay with us. hope you have a great trip through nz safe travels

Nice enough place, good location. It has it's own bar, which means you can't bring in your own alcohol. Beers are $5.50-$7.50, so Deffo much pricier than the supermarket! Kitchen doesn't have an oven either., so we failed when we bought pizza!

Thanks for the review. Its council law you can not drink in the cbd unless in a licensed bar. We find being in control of the alcohol ensures everyone has a good sleep as not all of us are so sensible after a few beers. This also ensures your room and the hostel is not smelling like stale beer and vomit after that guy (we all know that guy) had to many and lost his lunch. If you had noticed our microwave grills pizzas for you? sorry you only found the hostel ok. safe travels.

Amazing hostel, everyone really friendly, great facilities & location, enjoyed my stay.

thanks for coming to stay. stoked you had fun have a great trip safe travels to you :)

My stay in Cash Palace was absolutely lovely, it might be one of the best hostels in NZ, it's at least the best in which I stayed. All the free stuff and the facilities are awesome, hot tub after a rainy day is perfect, staff is great, rooms are big, comfy and very clean. Plus it is very cheap, so excellent value for money. Thanks a lot Chris, take care ;)

• 14th Nov 2014

thanks for the kind words doll, good to see all our hard work paying off and people genuinely loving the hostel. have a great trip enjoy your travels and thanks for choosing to stay with us we appreciate it.

Best (and cheapest!) hostel I've stayed in in NZ--a super cosy atmosphere that has major personality. Good kiwi music is always coming out of the common area speakers, the kitchen has free pasta/rice/spices for you to use, and there's free unlimited Global Gossip wi-fi. Definitely take their Maori Mud Tour--the owner takes you out in his van and shows you local sights and explains their history, it ends at a sweet natural hot spring, and all the $ goes towards the hostel's arts/youth charity.

• 12th Nov 2014

thanks for coming to stay with us !! but most of all thanks for supporting the Charity we love what we do with the youth and the small impact we can make in our community through this. yep our business plan was to be the cheapest quality hostel you will find in NZ glad it is working :)

For a first time backpacker, I really enjoyed my stay at Crash Palace. Met some great people staying in the 10-person dorm, slept really well in the beds and really enjoyed the facilities available. I also enjoyed the Maori Mud tour they ran; I highly recommend! My only minor gripes would be the toilet seat lids (they just don't stay up while on the loo haha), plus there not being enough powerpoints around the room. Free pasta/rice and bbq was also awesome. Don't get much better than that!

• 12th Nov 2014

more mud tour madness this summer its a great way for us to raise money for our youth charity and help some of our local kids express themselves through music art and travel experiences.. thanks for coming to stay guys hope you have a great trip i am looking into the toilet lid issue today :) safe travels

Really enjoyed my stay, the staff was amazing the rooms and kitchen areas where clean. They have free Pasta and rice everyday and yummy pancakes on Sunday mornings. I also did the pubcrawl on the Saturday night- it was heaps of fun and a perfect opportunity to get to know everyone better and to make new friends.

thanks for coming to stay with us we appreciate it ! Love the fact that you took part in what goes on in the hostel this is why it works people like yourself willing to take part and make it fun ! safe travels to you hope you have a great trip.

Nice place. Only stayed one night. Played a few games of pool and watched a movie on movie night. Would stay again.

Really great hostel. To admit this was the first hostel I had ever stayed in and it really set the bar high. The free rice and pasta was awesome, the atmosphere was up beat yet chilled out at the same time. Great place to spend time, have a beer with a friend and navigate Rotorua from. Facilities could only be docked in that Wifi wasn't free, which can be important to a traveler with a budget. But the laundry service and daily activities were one of a kind.

Great hostel, the owner is very nice, and he has an event coordinator run something every night (Wii competition, poker game, etc). Just need to pick up Mario Kart and 4 controllers to really get the party started!

This is a great hostel, very helpful staff and great perks (hot tub/pool table)

• 28th Oct 2014
  • India

thanks for coming to stay with us. Hope you have a great trip safe travels to you.

I spend a few days in this backpacker and I had a great moment there! People and staff are nice, a lot of facilities (even a hot tube) and good music!! I do recommande!! Thank you again!!

like attracts like. thanks for coming to stay with us, my little family appreciates it. hope you meet many more cool people and have more wicked traveling memories as you roam around our beautiful country this summer. all the best . safe travels.

We stayed 2 nights. There was a mix-up when we first checked-in (someone else had been let into our room) 3 staff members quickly found the other guests, cleaned the room, and gave us a complementary drink while we waited. The whole mix-up took about 10 minutes to correct.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thanks for your understanding ladies I have new staff for summer and we all make mistakes when we are learning. I was happy to come and resolve this problem for you on the spot with as little inconvenience to you as possible thank you for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it and glad you enjoyed your stay. safe travels

« first « Prev 1 2 3