Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

Crash palace is a pretty cheap hostel but they still manage to give you free stuff like pasta or rice for cooking, spices, instant coffee and provide free dinner or popcorn for movie nights. Plus they have single showers and toilets which makes it feel pretty private.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. We are set on bringing backpackers the best priced hostel and travel activities in Rotorua If anyone finds a better price on activities or hostel beds locally we will beat it !! Saving you money is what we are about as we have traveled ourselves and know the importance of every $. Have a great trip thanks for coming to stay !! safe travels to you.

Very cheap place, definitely get value for your money. The pub crawl on Saturday was great with 2for1 drinks, and free pancakes for breakfast on Sunday! Kitchen tiny and not very clean though. Nice and clean bathrooms, and the bunk beds were OK and not too squeaky. Would recommend :)

The Cheapest quality place in NZ my friend !! Thanks for coming to stay with us if anyone has a squeaky bed this winter just let us know I am king at killing squeaks!! I see you rated really low on security for this reason we have moved all the lockers from reception into the rooms for our guests security. The kitchens are next in line for renovation after a mad summer season so they are a little tired but still very functional, dishes left by other guests are always a problem. safe travels.

Free wifi!! The hostel was clean and had good facilities - 2 kitchens and lots of communal areas (you just get kicked out of all of them between 10am and midday so they can get cleaned - we had to sit outside and wait). Free rice, pasta and tea and coffee. Lots of free stuff makes this place good value for money and it is. The staff are a bit hit and miss in terms of helpfulness and friendliness but I would definitely stay there again. One night we got free Spag Bol!

Thanks for the review we close the bottom floor to clean at 10am and the top floor at 11am there is always somewhere to go and sit. We are rated on our cleanliness and it is important to you the guest, so you can appreciate this needs to be done and we try to do it with the least impact on our guests. Staff are always willing to help with local attractions and free things to do in the local area I'm sorry you found them a bit hit and miss although i know the staff member you are talking about.

Didn't have much of an opportunity to really get a feel for the place but it was nice from what I could see. The personality was nice and so were the people.

thanks for coming to stay have a good trip safe travels

loud music in the morning but besides that not bad

thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sorry you found the music to loud in the morning we do try to keep it respectable as people are on skype etc. Please at anytime we are happy to adjust this for people just ask us. safe travels

Up beat, fun and friendly hostel

like attracts like !! safe travels !

Staff were really friendly and helpful. Stayed in the 10 bed dorm which was spacious enough and had plenty of plugs in the room which was nice compared to others we've stayed in. Free 2 days of wifi a bonus. Nice atmosphere about the place. One of our favourite hostels in New Zealand !

Good hostel, no complaints. Not stellar either but it's a decent place to stay in Rotorua.

It was a cool place. I was only there for a night, but I felt really welcome. It was clean and secure. Only thing to keep in mind is that it's busy, and usually a lot of noice. That didn't really bother me, but I probably wouldn't stay for more than a few days:-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. We are the best priced hostel in NZ so yep we are a busy little place that also makes it easy to meet new people :) unfortunately it means lots of people moving around at various times nothing your headphones or earplugs wont fix.. have a great trip thanks for coming to stay

Fairly good hostel, staff were very helpful. Nice rooms/common area. Kitchens were too small and it was difficult to find enough cutlery or dry tea cloths. No washing up liquid. Strange rules such as leaving i.d as a key deposit and handing in your key the night before if early check out. You could potentially get locked out! The owner got quite annoyed with me when I raised this valid point. Dissapointed with free 'BBQ'. Wouldn't feed the meat to a dog. Lovely salad though. Cold showers.

oh wow i did my best to look after you and every thing you needed from us to make your stay enjoyable. I guess your just one of the few that are extremely hard to please? I have just done a stock take on the kitchen and we are missing a few things so thanks for pointing that out. Rotorua is a volcano with a very active geothermal area we have to hold Id for evacuation purposes valid with living in such an area I will look into cold showers but it is the first i have heard of as we have free heat

Great hostel, friendly staff, huge common space, good location (close to bus stop and to supermaket.)... and you get free and unlimited wifi!

thanks for coming to stay have a great trip safe travels.

Nice hostel and well run by the owners, pool table and decent showers. Kitchen could be bigger/cleaner but all in all a good stay and hostel!

Had a really good time, owner is lovely, the staff is really nice. Located close to the centre, pack'n'save, peterpan etc. free wifi, every day there's something going on (free bbq on friday!), lots of dvd's. Not enough toilets and showers but still worth it.

thanks for taking the time to leave a review its crazy busy we are full every night there are 10 toilets and showers throughout the building just have to find the ones not being used. hope you have a great trip thanks for coming to stay my little family appreciate it.

Great hostel with friendly staff and a chilled out atmosphere!

just how i liked it when i was traveling. thanks for coming to stay with us. appreciate you leaving a review. safe travels

Had a great time at Crash Palace and even extended my stay. They offer pasta/rice everyday and various discounts on activities, such as doing a Maori Culture or Hobbiton. Two kitchens makes it easier to find cooking space and loads of spices for free :) Well worth the money.

thanks we try to be as low cost as possible i hope you have a great trip safe travels to you.

Great staff. Clean and good facilities. Safe and enjoyable. Has a couple of kitchens so you dont have to fight for a space

thanks for the kind words glad you enjoyed the hostel safe travels to you.

Fantastic hostel

thanks for coming to stay, we appreciate the kind words. You guys make the place we just provide the space so thanks:)

Minka at front desk worked her but off for everyone. She rocked! So much help, very enjoyable stay!

• 14th Feb 2015

Thanks she is a super star that young lady we gave her a nice bonus as she has just finished with us safe travels to you

Room was really nice and I may have liked this hostel had I been in a party mood but we were knackered and it was so noisy (between the music blasting even when we came back in from the pub - speakers close to our room and the noise from above was really bad all through the night and morning like the worst we've had in nz hostels). Good facilities, friendly staff and handy location though. Nice atmosphere and if the rooms above are better for noise levels then go for it!

thanks for the review sorry you found the noise so bad music is only played until 10/ 11 pm i can not help it if other guest are being noisy sorry we are the lowest priced hostel in nz so we are always full can't win them all

Nice hostel, great atmosphere. Movie nights are great.