Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

It's an amazing hostel, with a friendly atmosphere. The staff where always helpful and friendly. We had a new bed and it was amazing one of the best nights sleep I have had throughout NZ.

• 28th Jan 2015

ha ha thank the people that let us know our mattresses were a bit tired nice to have new ones in the hostel. have a great trip thanks for taking the time to leave a review !

Absolutely loved it! Best hostel I've stayed in!

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Estonia

Loved it! Definitely coming back again

see you soon travel safe !!

Great place. Would stay again. Staff were helpful and friendly. Bit of a lounge place rather than party but i was only there for one night!

thanks for the kinds words hope you have a great trip safe travels to you !

Had an awesome time at this hostel... One of the best Backpackers I've been to. Great staff, made great friends, due to meet 3 of them next month in Dublin & Liverpool. Clean, Secure, environment in a great location...Definitely will be back.

Nice thats just the way it should be !! love it guys like i say we provide the space you guys make the place we are here to make memories and mates live large enjoy life ! !!

Loved this hostel!! Great facilities, perfect size, cool vibe and decor, cute and spacious rooms. So much value for money- free pasta, rice, coffee, tea, wifi, bbq on Fridays, pancakes Sunday, discounts on activities. Would definitely recommend!

I really loved this hostel, Very nice and Clean, nice atmosfere and lovely garden, well organized with a lot Of free stuff as a pasta, rice , teA and coffe and pancake! I really like the people working inside!

thank you we hope you have a great trip through nz :)

Awesome atmosphere and very friendly and willing staff. Free pool table n basic food e.g pasta /rice if wanted. My one regret is i didn't stay there longer. Thanks to the guys there. My new favourite hostel.

• 5th Jan 2015

wicked stoked you enjoyed the hostel mate travel safe !!

You have to sign that you will not bring your own alcohol, so that they can Sell their own. Otherwise they will throw it away. I have never seen that.

this also ensures idiots don't go keeping people up all night drinking. its the law sorry mate i don't make it. do you take your own beer to a pub where someone plays music ? thanks for the review we only charge $5.50 a beer the pub is $8

Great hostel! Very nice and helpfull Staff!!!!

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Austria

They definitely should replace the mattresses. I was lying on one that was worn so that I feeled the bottom of the bed.

thanks i have gone through and found the worn ones as this is the second time they have been mentioned in reviews cheers for highlighting the problem so we can resolve it.

Loved the garden and veggie patch

hope you helped yourself !! thanks for taking time to leave a review. safe travels

Really nice stay at Crash. Really good spot, good staff et very tidy. It's worth it to stay there.

thanks for coming to stay safe travels !

Good hostel. I really liked how they do your laundry for you :) The staff were also very helpful with booking me things to do in my limited time in Rotorua. I was having a quiet night, but they had organised events in the evenings so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to meet people if you tried.

thanks for taking time to leave a review we appreciate the kind words safe travels

amazing! Loved it!

loved having you stay travel safe !

Shower was full of flies and hairs, staff didn't seem too concerned with security and gave out door code without even asking who we were.

thanks we are sorry about the ants sometimes when there is no rain for weeks they come inside to find water this is no indication that our hostel is dirty they are just trying to survive. My girls tell me you checked in late so we gave you the code to the hostel we also had all your details off here so we were pretty sure you were not an axe murderer. we clean the showers at 10am not 11.30 pm when you arrived here sorry about the hair in the shower thanks for the review tho travel safe.

Really amazing place to stay. The facilities are awesome. Let alone: You get free rice and pasta!! This shows that the owner has experience in traveling himself and puts a lot of thought into this place.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at while travelling in New Zealand and Australia! And that at a very good price (paid $NZ19/night in a 10 bed dorm). All "extras" came free and included (WiFi, free pool table, hot tub, pasta/rice and hot drinks, etc), a rarity I've found here. Lots of power outlets in the room, too, which is often lacking. Plus the atmosphere was great, friendly staff, clean and a nice free BBQ! Only thing missing was lockers in the room (though there were some in reception).

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Quite noisy

A lovely place with a nice common area. Free rice/ pasta, tea and coffee. Staff are very helpful. They have a hot tub, a pool table, movies and thematic nights. 100% recommend it! Keep up the good work, Chris :)