Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

It was a cool place. I was only there for a night, but I felt really welcome. It was clean and secure. Only thing to keep in mind is that it's busy, and usually a lot of noice. That didn't really bother me, but I probably wouldn't stay for more than a few days:-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. We are the best priced hostel in NZ so yep we are a busy little place that also makes it easy to meet new people :) unfortunately it means lots of people moving around at various times nothing your headphones or earplugs wont fix.. have a great trip thanks for coming to stay

Fairly good hostel, staff were very helpful. Nice rooms/common area. Kitchens were too small and it was difficult to find enough cutlery or dry tea cloths. No washing up liquid. Strange rules such as leaving i.d as a key deposit and handing in your key the night before if early check out. You could potentially get locked out! The owner got quite annoyed with me when I raised this valid point. Dissapointed with free 'BBQ'. Wouldn't feed the meat to a dog. Lovely salad though. Cold showers.

oh wow i did my best to look after you and every thing you needed from us to make your stay enjoyable. I guess your just one of the few that are extremely hard to please? I have just done a stock take on the kitchen and we are missing a few things so thanks for pointing that out. Rotorua is a volcano with a very active geothermal area we have to hold Id for evacuation purposes valid with living in such an area I will look into cold showers but it is the first i have heard of as we have free heat

Great hostel, friendly staff, huge common space, good location (close to bus stop and to supermaket.)... and you get free and unlimited wifi!

thanks for coming to stay have a great trip safe travels.

Nice hostel and well run by the owners, pool table and decent showers. Kitchen could be bigger/cleaner but all in all a good stay and hostel!

Had a really good time, owner is lovely, the staff is really nice. Located close to the centre, pack'n'save, peterpan etc. free wifi, every day there's something going on (free bbq on friday!), lots of dvd's. Not enough toilets and showers but still worth it.

thanks for taking the time to leave a review its crazy busy we are full every night there are 10 toilets and showers throughout the building just have to find the ones not being used. hope you have a great trip thanks for coming to stay my little family appreciate it.

Great hostel with friendly staff and a chilled out atmosphere!

just how i liked it when i was traveling. thanks for coming to stay with us. appreciate you leaving a review. safe travels

Had a great time at Crash Palace and even extended my stay. They offer pasta/rice everyday and various discounts on activities, such as doing a Maori Culture or Hobbiton. Two kitchens makes it easier to find cooking space and loads of spices for free :) Well worth the money.

thanks we try to be as low cost as possible i hope you have a great trip safe travels to you.

Great staff. Clean and good facilities. Safe and enjoyable. Has a couple of kitchens so you dont have to fight for a space

thanks for the kind words glad you enjoyed the hostel safe travels to you.

Fantastic hostel

thanks for coming to stay, we appreciate the kind words. You guys make the place we just provide the space so thanks:)

Minka at front desk worked her but off for everyone. She rocked! So much help, very enjoyable stay!

• 14th Feb 2015

Thanks she is a super star that young lady we gave her a nice bonus as she has just finished with us safe travels to you

Room was really nice and I may have liked this hostel had I been in a party mood but we were knackered and it was so noisy (between the music blasting even when we came back in from the pub - speakers close to our room and the noise from above was really bad all through the night and morning like the worst we've had in nz hostels). Good facilities, friendly staff and handy location though. Nice atmosphere and if the rooms above are better for noise levels then go for it!

thanks for the review sorry you found the noise so bad music is only played until 10/ 11 pm i can not help it if other guest are being noisy sorry we are the lowest priced hostel in nz so we are always full can't win them all

Nice hostel, great atmosphere. Movie nights are great.

Crash Palace is like a home away from home. You are welcomed with open arms by an amazing staff, stay for the new friends you'll make and then wish you'd booked just one more night. I can't wait for the next stay! Cheers, Dan

• 12th Feb 2015

thanks man hope you have a great trip and find many more cool temporary homes haha safe travels

Great atmosphere, loads of herbs in the kitchen, cool stuff such as free baba once a week! Good location and the staff were very friendly and helpful! Great advise on activities from reception. One thing- the room lock on room 8 is super hard to open, needs a new lock? Deco reccomend this hostel!!

thanks for taking part you guys make the place we provide the space !! just got the new mattresses now on to that lock in room 8 thanks for the constructive review. safe travels to you

they offer free pasta and rice which was pretty sweet. a super mellow hostel!

thanks for the review safe travels.

This is a decent hostel although it attracts a bit of a younger crowd and there is a bar downstairs so it wasn't the most relaxing hostel we have stayed in. The facilities are all good and the guy that checked us in and helped us out with activities was great. There is a good kitchen upstairs and clean bathrooms. The beds in the dorm were comfy too. Would like to see lockers in the rooms as the doors don't self lock on closing.

Thanks for the review we have looked at lockers in the rooms and we find they take up 2 much space. We have 24 lockers at reception under camera surveillance and next to the reception desk its pretty safe. appreciate the kind words guys travel safe

Only stayed here for 1 night but it seemed OK. Room not too small, good communal areas and free WiFi.

thanks for taking the time to leave a review safe travels

Really good beds and linen, rooms have dark out blinds so I slept very well. Quiet hostel at night but always something to join in with if you wanted to. Would recommend this place and I'd happily stay here again!

That's the second time I've stayed with you guys, great service again thanks!

• 6th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

safe travels brother live large !!

I had a great time at Crash Palace. Everyone was very friendly, and helpful when we needed it. It was close to a grocery store, and to the iSite to catch a bus. Lots of shops in the vicinity. Overall, a great stay.

• 4th Feb 2015

like attracts like my friend, thanks for coming to stay with us. hope you have a great trip. thanks for taking time to leave a review. safe travels