Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

I really enjoyed my stay at the Crash Place!

• 24th Sep 2014

Really great hostel, comfy beds, nice atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff. I'll be staying again.

If you are considering a place to stay in Rotorua stay here. They put effort into building a sense of community four the guests though scheduled activities and were a huge help scheduling more of my vacation. One warning, they don;t let you drink your own alcohol on the premises.

Superb hostel! The owners put a lot of effort & love in the place & it shows. Artisitic interior which definitely contributes to the atmosphere, & everything is well kept. A lot of awesome facilities eg pool table, hot tub, veggie/herb garden, free wifi, free rice/pasta/spices, etc.. Daily activities eg poker night, pancakes for breakky, pub crawl, spag bol night, ... Chris is very knowledgeable & helpful. People with their heart in the right place. Just go there, you'll love it!!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel with awesome friendly atmosphere. No lockers in the room but hostel feels safe and secure.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. You guys make the place we just provide the space, we appreciate you coming to stay. safe travels.

Friendly owners, centrally located, I would stay there again!

thanks, we would welcome you back anytime :) appreciate the kind words. safe travels to you.

Chris is an amazing host and an inspiration to be a good person and contribute positively to our planet's well being! Staying at this hostel gives you an opportunity to learn that we can coordinate our leisurely activities to benefit our environment. Fresh organic veggies! Doesn't get better than that!

• 3rd Sep 2014

wow thank you. I'm lost for words. safe travels to you. and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Great place. Free unlimited wifi, free lockers, free oil, herbs, spices, rice and pasta. The owner is always happy to help, something is happening every night or movies available and the place is clean, spacious and secure. Would highly recommend to anyone, I will be returning.

thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. hope you guys find many more cool places to stay on your travels have a great trip safe travels to you..

Loved the place. People were great, hostel was clean.

This hostel is just full of life! There is something undescriptable in the atmosphere that makes you feel like home. Great free hot tub, super helpful staff, free rice, pasta, coffee, tea... I absolutely loved it! Thanks guys

My two friends and i really enjoyed our stay here at crash palace the staff were lovely and the environment just felt real homely thank you so much for the lovely stay my friends and i will definitely be returning there.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

thanks for coming to stay! Appreciate the kind words hope you guys have a great holiday safe travels to you..

Awesome place ! D.J with reggae mix on the evening, pool game, free jacuzzi, event every day... Best packpacker, ever !!

Thanks for the kind words my brother ! :) rather call myself a music lover than DJ lol ;) glad you liked the tune selection dude wish you all the best on your travels man bless!

I really enjoyed my stay here. Perfect location in Rotorua, staff very friendly and helpful (esp. Marie!!). Events every night (from movie to party night). Awesome hot tub! Small hostel, so it´s easy to meet people and soon you feel like part of the family. Only minus: rooms were pretty cramped and there are no lockers. No heating in the bathroom (but showers were hot), kitchen way too tiny.

My husband

thanks for you review and rating i am sure there has been a glitch in the matrix as we just have My husband as your review. safe travels to you both.

Great deal! 15 $ for a 10 bed dorm, great and actually not noisy. All spices, oil etc... for free plus pasta and rice! Jaccuzzi and pool table included Nly "bad" thing, we cant bring our own alcool as they got a bar

thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. is it really a bad thing we have a bar? cheap beers and a fun atmosphere also means you don't have drunk people in your 10 bed dorm waking you up or making a mess with empty bottles and beer spilling through the hostel. Cheapest hostel in NZ and by far the best quality hostel you will get for the money you pay !! have a great trip ladies safe travels.

I only stayed two nights, but it had a fun atmosphere and helpful staff. It's right around the corner from the Tourist Information Center. There's a jacuzzi, a lounge for watching movies, and a pool table. The staff was friendly, but I would recommend knowing the hours that they can help you (e.g. if you need to check out very early or if you're arriving late). Overall a great hostel where you are bound to make friends!

thanks for taking the time to leave a review. i love how you have mentioned the opening hours. you must of heard me telling off the women who woke me and my 3 year old up at 6.30am to catch the 7.30am bus. Happy to check people out in the evening if they have an early bus although we normally have someone here @ 7.10am for people catching the 7.30 bus. thanks for the kind words have a safe trip through NZ safe travels to you .

Great hostel with warm atmosphere and friendly staff! What you get for your money is a lot! They have a well temperatured whirlpool outside, a little terace with a lot of lights, fresh herbs and some free stuff in the kitchen :-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. we have made it our mission to be the best quality hostel for the cheapest prices in NZ

I really liked this hostel, some evenings had a special "theme/ treat", which was nice. Bathroom facilities very good! It was warm in the room, but a bit cold in the kitchen.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. hope you have a great trip through NZ .Kitchens are a bit cold as we do not have heating in the kitchens as when people start to cook they generally heat up. safe travels to you hope you enjoy NZ

Great people. Very friendly staff. Thanks for the free wifi :-). Met some people around the place which were great fun to talk to. And the herb garden made meals fun!

thanks for the kind words you will always meet people at crash we are the cheapest top quality hostel in NZ so we are always busy with cool travelers all the time. have a great trip safe travels to you.

Great place to stay! Would definitely stay here again!

thanks for the great review safe travels to you.