Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

Very clean and tidy hostel. Very helpful with trips and getting discount on them

• 24th May 2015

thanks for coming to stay appreciate the kind words :) safe travels to you

Crash palace is a pretty cheap hostel but they still manage to give you free stuff like pasta or rice for cooking, spices, instant coffee and provide free dinner or popcorn for movie nights. Plus they have single showers and toilets which makes it feel pretty private.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. We are set on bringing backpackers the best priced hostel and travel activities in Rotorua If anyone finds a better price on activities or hostel beds locally we will beat it !! Saving you money is what we are about as we have traveled ourselves and know the importance of every $. Have a great trip thanks for coming to stay !! safe travels to you.

Very cheap place, definitely get value for your money. The pub crawl on Saturday was great with 2for1 drinks, and free pancakes for breakfast on Sunday! Kitchen tiny and not very clean though. Nice and clean bathrooms, and the bunk beds were OK and not too squeaky. Would recommend :)

The Cheapest quality place in NZ my friend !! Thanks for coming to stay with us if anyone has a squeaky bed this winter just let us know I am king at killing squeaks!! I see you rated really low on security for this reason we have moved all the lockers from reception into the rooms for our guests security. The kitchens are next in line for renovation after a mad summer season so they are a little tired but still very functional, dishes left by other guests are always a problem. safe travels.

Free wifi!! The hostel was clean and had good facilities - 2 kitchens and lots of communal areas (you just get kicked out of all of them between 10am and midday so they can get cleaned - we had to sit outside and wait). Free rice, pasta and tea and coffee. Lots of free stuff makes this place good value for money and it is. The staff are a bit hit and miss in terms of helpfulness and friendliness but I would definitely stay there again. One night we got free Spag Bol!

Thanks for the review we close the bottom floor to clean at 10am and the top floor at 11am there is always somewhere to go and sit. We are rated on our cleanliness and it is important to you the guest, so you can appreciate this needs to be done and we try to do it with the least impact on our guests. Staff are always willing to help with local attractions and free things to do in the local area I'm sorry you found them a bit hit and miss although i know the staff member you are talking about.

Didn't have much of an opportunity to really get a feel for the place but it was nice from what I could see. The personality was nice and so were the people.

thanks for coming to stay have a good trip safe travels

loud music in the morning but besides that not bad

thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sorry you found the music to loud in the morning we do try to keep it respectable as people are on skype etc. Please at anytime we are happy to adjust this for people just ask us. safe travels

Up beat, fun and friendly hostel

like attracts like !! safe travels !

GREAT hostel! One of my favorite stays during a month long trip around NZ. Perfect mix of fun and functionality, staff was great, all in all a really cool place!

Staff were really friendly and helpful. Stayed in the 10 bed dorm which was spacious enough and had plenty of plugs in the room which was nice compared to others we've stayed in. Free 2 days of wifi a bonus. Nice atmosphere about the place. One of our favourite hostels in New Zealand !

Good hostel, no complaints. Not stellar either but it's a decent place to stay in Rotorua.

It was a cool place. I was only there for a night, but I felt really welcome. It was clean and secure. Only thing to keep in mind is that it's busy, and usually a lot of noice. That didn't really bother me, but I probably wouldn't stay for more than a few days:-)

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate it. We are the best priced hostel in NZ so yep we are a busy little place that also makes it easy to meet new people :) unfortunately it means lots of people moving around at various times nothing your headphones or earplugs wont fix.. have a great trip thanks for coming to stay

Fairly good hostel, staff were very helpful. Nice rooms/common area. Kitchens were too small and it was difficult to find enough cutlery or dry tea cloths. No washing up liquid. Strange rules such as leaving i.d as a key deposit and handing in your key the night before if early check out. You could potentially get locked out! The owner got quite annoyed with me when I raised this valid point. Dissapointed with free 'BBQ'. Wouldn't feed the meat to a dog. Lovely salad though. Cold showers.

oh wow i did my best to look after you and every thing you needed from us to make your stay enjoyable. I guess your just one of the few that are extremely hard to please? I have just done a stock take on the kitchen and we are missing a few things so thanks for pointing that out. Rotorua is a volcano with a very active geothermal area we have to hold Id for evacuation purposes valid with living in such an area I will look into cold showers but it is the first i have heard of as we have free heat

1 2 Next » last »