Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

They definitely should replace the mattresses. I was lying on one that was worn so that I feeled the bottom of the bed.

thanks i have gone through and found the worn ones as this is the second time they have been mentioned in reviews cheers for highlighting the problem so we can resolve it.

Loved the garden and veggie patch

hope you helped yourself !! thanks for taking time to leave a review. safe travels

Really nice stay at Crash. Really good spot, good staff et very tidy. It's worth it to stay there.

thanks for coming to stay safe travels !

Good hostel. I really liked how they do your laundry for you :) The staff were also very helpful with booking me things to do in my limited time in Rotorua. I was having a quiet night, but they had organised events in the evenings so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to meet people if you tried.

thanks for taking time to leave a review we appreciate the kind words safe travels

amazing! Loved it!

loved having you stay travel safe !

Shower was full of flies and hairs, staff didn't seem too concerned with security and gave out door code without even asking who we were.

thanks we are sorry about the ants sometimes when there is no rain for weeks they come inside to find water this is no indication that our hostel is dirty they are just trying to survive. My girls tell me you checked in late so we gave you the code to the hostel we also had all your details off here so we were pretty sure you were not an axe murderer. we clean the showers at 10am not 11.30 pm when you arrived here sorry about the hair in the shower thanks for the review tho travel safe.

Really amazing place to stay. The facilities are awesome. Let alone: You get free rice and pasta!! This shows that the owner has experience in traveling himself and puts a lot of thought into this place.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at while travelling in New Zealand and Australia! And that at a very good price (paid $NZ19/night in a 10 bed dorm). All "extras" came free and included (WiFi, free pool table, hot tub, pasta/rice and hot drinks, etc), a rarity I've found here. Lots of power outlets in the room, too, which is often lacking. Plus the atmosphere was great, friendly staff, clean and a nice free BBQ! Only thing missing was lockers in the room (though there were some in reception).

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Quite noisy

A lovely place with a nice common area. Free rice/ pasta, tea and coffee. Staff are very helpful. They have a hot tub, a pool table, movies and thematic nights. 100% recommend it! Keep up the good work, Chris :)

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a couple of nights in a six bed hostel. We completely misjudged this hostel. We had an awesome couple of days here, perfect for travellers. Got to love the free pasta! Loads of films to watch as you cosy up in the living room area. Pool table and bar for those who want to socialise with an awesome decking area, which has its own jacuzzi! Staff were very helpful and friendly. They do have lockers but not in the dorms. Would definately stay again :)

The staff was very helpful and personable. Loved having a hot tub available. Rooms are a bit noisy and crowded, and the kitchens are less than pristine but clean enough. Free rice/pasta! Enjoyed my stay.

Great hostel and friendly staff. It was very clean during my stay and the kitchen is well equiped including spices and oil. However it would have been great if there had been a freezer as well. Furthermore, it is really annoying you are not allowed to have or drink your own alcoholic beverages in or around the hostel, you have to buy these for 6-7$ each at the bar.

thanks for the review. freezers are 1 of the worst things for us. People try to freeze fizzy drinks and they explode in the freezer . you as a customer just make the mess and leave, they create more work for us. i would say it would be more annoying if people brought their own alcohol and kept you up late drinking late at night. we have a good balance which works for us and we are the cheapest place to stay and drink in town. can't beat that! hope you have a good trip safe travels.

We really enjoyed our stay at crash palace!

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Good location, and very good value for money. Nice environment, and helpful staff. Small kitchens that get messy easily.

Great hostel, very friendly and central

Don't pick this place if you value sleep as it is a party hostel that plays loud music all day until late night. Staff are great however a little ignorant of tours they provide. Doors desperately needs oil as they creak like a jack hammer. Walls are thin as. There's no private space. Stove tops takes 20 min to start up. Needs fan for upstairs room or something to prop open windows (i ended up using my shampoo bottle to keep the windows open because of the humidity)

thanks for your review I only oiled the doors last month so will be off to do that this morning. wasn't aware that we had an issue with a stove top will also look into this we are training new staff for summer please be considerate of this. we understand the hostel is not for everyone. Music is going till 11 pm we are sorry if this is to late we are a youth hostel not a rest home. safe travels to you thanks for raising some issues for me to look into.

I really enjoyed my stay here (stayed for a week) and is my favourite hostel I've been in so far. The staff are really friendly and are more than willing to help and give advice. They have something planned each day of the week. E.g - free bbq, free pancakes, pool night. I also loved the fact I didn't have to pay for wifi and wish more hostels did the same. Thanks for an awesome stay.

1 2 3 Next » last »