Crash Palace Reviews

1271 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

Perfect location, close to shops, restaurants, and museum and parks. I really liked the Crash Palace, but the only negative I could really complain about is the creaky floors... no matter where you stood, it would creak.

Thanks for the kind words hope you have great trip through NZ safe travels

Really friendly staff, made me feel so welcome. Lots of activities and events organized by the staff, which isn't that common in hostels in general. One of the best hostels I've stayed in during my time in NZ, so I will definitely recommend this place to other people!

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Finland

Thanks we love word of mouth it is how we survive !! travel safe !

The reception was VERY helpful and never made me feel as if I were asking too many questions (which i was) The facilities were ALWAYS clean, free pasta/rice wifi and Always had oil & seasonings available!!!! Ended up staying 5 nights!

You know very little when you arrive we are here to help you find out what you want to know and how to get it done while your here, thats our job, we love it thanks for the kind words ! travel safe

Great place, perfect location, awesome staff! I was only there for one night but very good atmosphere. The mattress was not overly comfortable and the bathrooms quite small, but pretty average and similar to what I've seen in NZ. And they were cool enough to let me park my bike inside the gates, very appreciated.

Cheers for the review have a safe trip

We had an amazing stay and thought everything was extremely comfortable and clean!

• 6th Nov 2015

Thanks for the kind words glad you enjoyed your stay !! travel safe !

The best thing at Crash Palace: definitely the free pasta and rice you get at the reception! That's very cool! And also that the hostel provides spices like salt, pepper, but also rosemary, thyme, oregano etc in the kitchen, that makes it much easier to cook a lovely dinner :) on the other side, I have to say it would be great if they provide more different cleaning cloth in the kitchen and more soap...

Thanks for the kind words ! we have made sure staff are changing the cloths regularly thanks for coming to stay !

Really great hostel, really cheap for what you can get in there such as free pastas, rice and a terrific bbq. Free pool is always a good way to meet people and the outdoor space is really big. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Great alternative to the big chains. Some excellent free food and spices for cooking. Plus hot tub!

The hostel was great, had an awesome vibe, staff were friendly and helpful. Only thing that could do with improving would be the showers..They would go from scalding to freezing in seconds for no reason :/ though that may just be the area. It was great value for money, definitely the best I've visited so far.

thanks for the review we have just upgraded the thermal heating so hopefully this has stopped this from happening. cheers for the constructive review safe travels to you

Great hostel!! Staff organizes events everynight for everyone. Short walk to supermarket and 10 minute bike ride to the redwoods.

Cheers for the review if you could email me why you rated us so low on security ?

Really nice place to stay. good central location.

thanks for the kind words

Good location, well equipped kitchens, good entertainment. Little minus for the beds... bunk beds but being on top we both experienced them as unstable and... Prices are sometimes better through Hostelwold than direct so we booked online in front of the hostel to save 3.50,each.

Thank you so much for a lovely stay and for making me a free vegetarian meal on the Friday night! That was so nice and I highly recommend this hostel :)

Thank you for coming to stay with us, without you guys we are just a building :) happy to make veggie options for our free meal on Friday you just have to ask :) Busy summer coming up Free BBQ Fridays stats this week.

Don't do coffee when you don't know how to do coffee...

• 7th Sep 2015

Thanks for coming to stay ! Sorry about the coffee we have new staff training at the moment. If you come back I will make you one for free. hope you have a great trip safe travels.

1 2 3 Next » last »