Crianlarich Youth Hostel Reviews

Station Road, Crianlarich, Scotland

Hostel was fine. Charge for wifi was a bit steep so we didn't bother. Otherwise, no complaints.

• 20th May 2015
  • Scotland

The Crianlarich hostel presented the high standard of cleanliness and facilities that we have come to expect from the SYHA. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the rooms clean and comfortable, I particularly liked the small reading lights we had on our bunks that meant I could read without disturbing the other residents in the room. My only criticism was the size of the kitchen which was not suited to the number of people trying to prepare breakfast in the morning.

I have a very good overnight stop. Fiona was helpful and explained the routine on a YH: It was my first stay in one. What I found difficult, but solved with ear plugs, was the noise from next door. The couple and their child were not particularly noisy, but the walls seemed very thin and I could hear everything. The toilet and showers were impressive. The way the kitchen was organised was impressive and very clean.

One word - Brilliant!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Lack of free wi-fi was annoying when it's found in so many other hostels in Europe, rest of facilities were good though. Not really somewhere to meet people, more as a good stopover point for exploring the area (went there after climbing Ben Lomond before heading to Glen Coe).

Crianlarich is a neat and clean hostel with comfortable beds, close to the hills and close to the railway station and bus stop, staff friendly, the kitchen unfortunately too small to be able to cook when you need to, but apart from that everything's great there. I'll soon be back again!