Criterion Art Deco Backpackers

Fabulous 718 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
19th May 2017
8.0

It's really good value for money. The location is perfect as well! I had clothes go missing and not returned so watch your stuff.

• New Zealand, Couple, 31-40
12th May 2017

Perfect location! Friendly staff. Clean, great shower. Much appreciate the 24 hour check in. May I recommend another blanket on the beds though please, for the Autumn & winter seasons. Also the breakfast included on offer wasn't explained to us so we didn't know what or where to grab ourselves some. As we didn't know which food was for every guest or privately brought in. Would definitely stay again though.

• qitemun6865
  • China, Male, 25-30
9th May 2017
7.4

The lady at reception was very helpful and upgraded my room upon my late arrival. When I inquired about traffic over the phone, the gentleman wasn't very informative about my options. Facility is basic but good value for the price given their central location. There wasn't heating on so was really cold at night. The lady was kind enough to let me use extra blankets.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
5th May 2017
7.4

They do not have parking, despite it being listed as available on this site. There is metered street parking (often with time limits) in the area, or free street parking several blocks away. They should not advertise that they have parking - it's misleading.

• emmaluck819052
  • England, Couple, 31-40
28th Apr 2017

The hostel lady was really friendly and helpful.

• England, Couple, 18-24
25th Apr 2017

A great little hostel. Manager stayed up till late to let us in as we arrived late. We only stayed one night but the place is awesome, gutted we couldn't stay longer! Free breakfast, tea + coffee, and loads of space to chill out and its centrally located. Everyone who stayed there was really nice too

• New Zealand, Couple, 41+
23rd Apr 2017

Just love this place. The manager is a lovely laid back lady with a genuine wish to help and make my stay pleasant. We had a room for 3 and ensuite. It overlooked the street which In hindsight I would not choose as the only negative about the Cri is that a very noisy street sweeper goes up and down the street many times at about 6am I think . A room around the sea would not have this issue...and my wife and daughter slept through it! Maybe it's just me! Great place highly recommend.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Apr 2017
8.0

Helpful lady that runs the hostel. The crowd living here was very loud at night and overran the kitchen and common area. We had to resort to our rooms instead of being social as it was not very welcoming. Facilities decent but not split women's/men's if that matters to you. Kitchen well equipped. Take advantage of discounted bike rental here.

• gemcdermott13
  • USA, Female, 25-30
18th Apr 2017

Awesome building, cool friendly atmosphere, super convenient location. Free wifi, movies, games, and a big awesome kitchen. I was very impressed with everything there.

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

Very good and unique hostel. Amazing decor and great building. Social areas are huge with lots of seating and space to socialise and have quiet time alone. Facilities well serviced and complimentary breakfast was a real boon. Would definitely stay again.