Crooked House Reviews

Nieuwe Looiersstraat 112, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Lovely studio flat in a very quiet central location, perfect.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Firstly I would like to say the manager/ owner was lovely.. The property is damp.. The bed Is damp.. We had to buy sheets because we couldn't sleep as the bed was cold and damp and wet.. I've never had this problem anywhere that we have Stayed!!! The shower is grimmy and old .. All the tiles are cracked as are the tiles on all the floors.. We loved Amsterdam but would never stay or recommend the Crooked House.. Sorry.. In desperate need or damp proofing and redecorating!!!!

• 12th Sep 2014

Nice little studio in a convenient area, although a little out from the City Centre. Is a basement studio, has all the basic facilities you need and a comfortable bed and Lucius, the son of the owner was very pleasant when I "checked in". However it is quite basic, no frills and I would recommend you bring an anti insect burner as I was kept awake by mosquitos! But with these provisos I would recommend it and would certainly make a repeat booking.

Great little house to stay in, not especially close to anything but not far to the nearest tram stop, and it's Amsterdam so it's within reasonable walking distance anyway. The room was quite damp while we were there, it could have done with being aired/dried out before arrival, but other than that it was great. Having the small kitchen there is excellent for the nights you just want to stay in!

Great ans quiet nabourhood. But still close to the city center. The host was very kind and made us feel at welcome. Unfortunately the room lacked some things. For example the bed.. it was horrible, one of the madrasses waa broken and the other wasnt much better. For one to be able to sleep you'd also have to turn off the fridge as ir makes alot of koize every half hour or so. Also the pipes of the house make noize. So bring earplugs!! That said. We would stay there again æ. Cozy and cheap1

View all Amsterdam Bed and Breakfasts