Crossroad Backpackers Hongdae Reviews

335-32 Seokyo-Dong, Mapo-Gu, Seoul, South Korea

The hostel was not secure. The front door was always open. The common area was right outside the dorms and just one sofa which the staff were always sitting on watching tv. The dorms were too small, no where to put your bag. Lockers were tiny. Staff weren't helpful. Rooftop was decent to chill. Only two showers for all the dorms. Couldn't get into them even though there was only 6 people staying there. Wifi was good, good location but hard to find. Need to update their directions.

Great hostel in a great location. Bathrooms and kitchen area are kept clean. Private room is small but secure and has A/C and a window. WIFI works well. Really friendly staff and manager... they even went out for dinner and drinks with the travelers when off work.

• 29th May 2015

The rooms were clean and I really appreciate the lockers in the rooms and the light, outlet and curtains in everyone's bed. The bathrooms were very nasty however - there was dried pee on the toilets and flies. Also, the towels felt very "crunchy" which made me not want to use them... I don't know how they are washed but softer towels would be better for guests I think.

The facilities, location, staff and everything is basically fine with this hostel. Even breakfast is included. The problem is that all the dorm rooms are directly connected to the lounge area. This means that there was a lot of noise and very difficult to sleep at night time. I think the hostel should make it more clear that people must be quiet at the common areas during night. This is a problem if you have to wake up early. Using ear plugs is not an option if you need to hear the alarm clock.

Very nice and clean hostel. Stayed in the female dorm and had our own private little "beautysalon" with free use of blow dryer and straightener. Perfect location in the hip and cosy Hongdae. Staff was nice and happy to answer any questions. Common room wasn't anything special really. Our dorm was one floor under the reception so we didn't have to bother with curfew or walk of shame...cheap and great value for money, would definitely stay here again and recommend to others!

We loved our stay here! The hostel was so clean and the staff were very nice. They threw a free lunar new year party and supplied food and alcohol for free. They were helpful with our questions and booked our tours for us when we asked. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone in Hongdae!

• 20th Feb 2015

Perfect hostel! We spend some awesome days in Seoul. We will definitely come again in August!

• 17th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Perfect location in the Hongdae area! Staff are really friendly and help organize day trips and nights out! 100% would recommend!

This hostel was a great find. I really enjoyed my time here. I was travelling alone but Mason, the owner great and i had the opportunity to meet some really great people.

Not too bad but pretty sure there are better hostels in the area. Best thing about it is the location, hongdae is really great fun. Staff at the hostel aren't that friendly and bathrooms aren't that great. Free chicken night was good. It's not that bad but stayed in much better hostels

Fine for a cheap stay. However, security was quite low and the 8 bed dorm was cramped. I needed to hire a towel in the morning but there was no staff until 9.30 (the sign said 9) so that was frustrating. Felt some rudeness from some staff too, but could have just been a bad day. Staying one night for 9,900 won is fine but if you can afford it, choose somewhere else.