Cruz de los Andes Reviews

216 Calle Aroma, La Paz, Bolivia

The staff was friendly and helpful. Beautiful hand-painted murals on the walls. However neither my room nor the building was heated. The staff wore heavy winter coats all day and I was cold all the time. My bed did not have fitted sheets and every thing became a tangled mess before morning. While the B&B was close to the markets, it was very noisy with school bands doing their thing before 7:00 AM. Lots of street noise as well.

• 19th Mar 2015

Lovely hotel better than the photos suggested. Helpful staff. Hot powerful shower. Good pizza place round the corner. Perfect place to recoup.

Hostel is not too fare from the Harbour which is good because otherwise you will have to climb the montain. Room are big how ever bathroom has an electrical shower which was not working well. So water was not really warm. Moreover the shower has no curtain, so we had the bathroom floor full of water. It was not possible to charge anything in the room as the plug was broken. It is a simple and clean hostel however for 58US$ it is too expensive.

Great place. Great location! Not so much of a hostel, but a nice place with great rooms and AMAZING showers. Friendly staff and great tour desk. Close to many of la paz's wonderful open air markets and calle sagarnaga. 15 minute walk to the main government square (murillo). Would stay again!

Great hostel, very spacious rooms in the heart of La Paz. Breakfast was great, good coffee, freshly cooked eggs, toast, cereal, yogurt. Wifi did not work in rooms but was excellent in the common area. Common area had a pool table, board games, to with DVDs and computers, was a shame no one else was using it.

Staff was friendly, rooms were painted nicely with local scenes, showers nice and hot, plenty of blankets. Near the artisan markets.

This is very quiet hostel, more like a hotel. Double room ensuite was lovely, tv and all in the room. Breakfast was the usual, bread, jam, cereal and eggs. I left my earphones behind and they kept them until I came back from the jungle, I was very grateful for that. Nice, friendly staff too.

We arrived at 7am and could check into our room right away and make use of the breakfast buffet which was really nice. The staff, from reception to kitchen to cleaners was super friendly. The room itself was pretty small but very cosy. The location of the hotel is perfect! It's right by Sagarnaga and the Witches Market but in a quiet side street where you get hardly any traffic. Also there's a nice roof terrace and a common room in the basement with computers, DVDs and free coffee and tea.

Nice hostel clean and comfortable and descent breakfast. Good location short stroll to witches markets and plaza San Francisco. Only down side is there is no real social atmosphere but would still recommend.

The staff were all helpful, especially the girl when we arrived. We had good enough internet on the first floor the whole time. Hot water and my husband said it was the best shower so far in South America. Breakfast was similar to other places we've stayed. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it, although I don't know how good it would be if you're on your own wanting to meet people.

View all La Paz Bed and Breakfasts