Cruz del Sur Hostel Reviews

Gobernador Deloqui 242, Ushuaia, Argentina

Ushuaia was my favorite of my two month travels through Argentina and this hostel definitely made me extremely welcomed and safe. I traveled by myself as my friends wanted to see Jujuy. I had never traveled alone before and the friends I made at this hostel made it incredibly easy! The front desk stuff was so pleasant and help me book every excursion, the facilities were spotless, the rooms were comfortable, the kitchen was fully equipped, the breakfast was delicious! Amazing hostel!

• 12th Jul 2014

Everything is so good at Cruz del sur hostel. Staff is very kind and very helpful. and hot shower, wifi, location etc. so nice!!! i really want to come back to here. Thank you so much!!

I really enjoyed my stay there! I recommend the place!

• 3rd Jul 2014

I had a good experience here. It's a standard hostel, the staff are very friendly, wifi is good, breakfast is cereal and toast. I stayed four nights. There are a ton of signs, but they are more amusing than annoying. Ushuaia is pretty quiet in the low season.

Perfect trip!! Such a good hostel in the most beautiful landscapes!! Everything at Cruz del Sur was perfect! Beautiful place, helpful staff, good athmosphere, nice living with carpet, cushion and games, bathrooms really cleans like all hostel, a lovely dog, etc. But the best, Ana and her mother, they are so helpful setting trips, food and everything you need for that amazing place !!!

Marisa, one of the owners, is really a plus to the place itself, always giving the right and the most appropriate piece of advice and being therefore a great support to all travellers.

Everything is fine with this hostel: rooms, breakfast, location, etc. The living room is perfect to meet new people and WiFi is great. Marisa the hostess is very nice and helpful. Showers are powerful with lasting hot water. If I go back to Ushuaia I would definitely stay at this hostel again. PS they have an amazing dog :)

Good hostel and close to the town centre. The woman who runs the hostel is very helpful and friendly, if somewhat rule happy! The fact they're posted over every wall does detract from the atmosphere slightly, but it's still a great place to stay. Showers are awesome and kitchen is really well equipped.

Just like to say that I have travelled to many different countries and stayed in many hostels but in this hostel you will meet your second mother!

This hostel is very good. Location is good and the facilities are great. I left my mobile in a table in the hostel for more than a day and nobody took it which makes me think that security is also good. The "chill room" is a great place to hang out and meet people. Having said that, i believe there are some threatening signs in the hostel that do not match up with such a great place. Some say that you will be kicked out if you wash clothes in the shower or if you make noise after 12. Not nice.

As a traveler, first of all I expect the staff to be helpful, friendly and help us in all the ways they could. Marissa took care of all these facts and she carried everything way beyond our expectations. Her presence at the hostel made all the travelers have a great feel about the hostel. If you are at Ushuaia, then it is this hostel I would recommend for all , because you can experience more than what you expect.

Welcoming, warm, but no nonsense. I felt embraced but was explained how to make the stay comfortable for all; namely take off my shoes! Warm room, individual locker for valuables, a chill out wi fi/den area. Small kitchen and eating area but it reinforced the cozy feel of the house.

Good location, great atmosphere, warm showers and excellent organization. Best of all is that you get to meet Marisa, an adorable being who takes care of all visitors.

The atmosphere could be improved without too many rules and advices at the wall, Beyond that, the hostel its very nice and the staff very helpful.

I stayed for 5 days at the beginning of May in the hostel and enjoyed my time there a lot. Since I read before going to the hostel that there are quite a lot of signs with rules, it didnt really bother me but, nonetheless, it has an influence on the atmosphere. Besides, it is a great hostel and especially Marisa and her husband are overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. The breakfast is big and pretty good, the kitchen is well equipped and the hostel will help you organising activities. Go for it.

Lovely staff!!! Only wifi is a bit poor.

Hard to judge this hostel, it's clean and has all you need but it's to uptight and strikt! People will have a good time here, but if I go a next time it will probably be a different place...

I loved this hostel! Staff was very helpful, hostel was clean and bathrooms were nice/clean. Short walk to anywhere in the city. Atmosphere was great! Highly refommended.

The service at this hostel was spectacular. The owner went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay.

The owners Anna and Jose are fiendly and helpful. They are strict about housing keeping and cleanliness. They expect gusts to keep quiet after 11 pm, whch is good and understandablle. Guests are told to put off thier 'smell' shoes outside their rooms, which is good but perhaps the request needs to be toned down a bit. And maybe sme guests ause the use of hostel facilitites after checking out, e.g. using the computer. The management stipulates that guests vacate the hostel after checkout.

« first « Prev 1 2 3