Cruz del Sur Hostel Reviews

Gobernador Deloqui 242, Ushuaia, Argentina

The hostel is being cleaned throughout the day which is nice. To improve security lockers with power points could be added.

So far, Cruz del Sur is the best hostel I have ever been. Kitchen: small but well equipped. Room: very tidy, warm and clean. Restroom/bathroom: clean, the shower is as strong as a waterfall (lol) and is quite big though. Staff: very friendly. I loved them all, specially Ana who you might see there everyday. The hostel is pretty close to everything and I highly recommend it. Best regards from Brazil - Geraldo.

One of the best hostels I've been! At first first I tought the lack of power outlets in rooms would be a problem but it wasn't, actually it was one of the reasons I've met some really nice people in the living room. The rooms are really clean and quiet and the dog is fascinating as much as he is lazy :) I happily recommend Cruz del Sur.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We enjoyed our stay here! The staff were lovely and the facilities were clean. It's very centrally located and the staff help you with whatever you want to do there! Their dog is gorgeous! The only downside was no electrical outlets in the rooms which means everything has to be charged up in a communal living room ( contains tons of outlets). The hostel was very busy when we stayed here which contributed to a little noise.Overall we would be happy to recommend this hostel if staying in ushuaia!

Marissa and Ana are amazing! So nice, so friendly! Definitely on of the best hostels i've stayed at.

Great location, very helpful, and a really friendly atmosphere.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Really nice stay in Ushuaia!Nice and helpful staff here make you easy to explore the end of the world!Great loaction just at the city centre near everything!Clean room,clean kitchen and lovely tv room!Come back next time for sure!

I loved my stay here! Marisa and Ana are so friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was so good. People were always mingling between each other, sharing stories and laughing at our terrible spanish. Marisa has the hostel cleaner then most houses! They do an amazing job. Two points I could make though is the kitchen doesn't open until 8:30am. Needs to be earlier when you are going out early in the morning for tours. And also, no power outlets in the rooms. Overall though, loved it!

• 7th Aug 2014

The owners were very nice. The place is very pleasant. Perfect location. I really recommend it.

Great family operated hostel which feels like being at home. You have to take your boots off at the door, but the mother and daughter who run the place make sure you are comfortable and happy. It's kept spotless, has good bathrooms, and breakfast is included (although it's very basic). The location is in a great spot in the middle of town, and they will set you up with any of the great tours in Ushuaia. Highly recommend!

Lots of rules. Some rooms are super hot. But overall had a nice stay

Ana and her mother makes you feel very comfortable right away. It has a cozy atmosphere. Good place to mingle, get to know people, share a drink and just talk. It's well located, have a market near by, basically on the main street of Ushuaia. They've been very helpful, booking cab, transfers, tours, everything you need it. Would definitly recommend it!

Love it love it love it!! Ana and Mari made me feel at home and after 2 months of traveling I need it that. Great location and great hostel. Ana will help you set up your activities. If you make it to Ushuaia stay here!! Thanks again Ana and Mari

Nice hostel. Staff don't speak great English but we're very accommodating anyway. The hostel itself is very centrally located in the middle of Ushuaia.

• 16th Jul 2014

Ushuaia was my favorite of my two month travels through Argentina and this hostel definitely made me extremely welcomed and safe. I traveled by myself as my friends wanted to see Jujuy. I had never traveled alone before and the friends I made at this hostel made it incredibly easy! The front desk stuff was so pleasant and help me book every excursion, the facilities were spotless, the rooms were comfortable, the kitchen was fully equipped, the breakfast was delicious! Amazing hostel!

• 12th Jul 2014

Everything is so good at Cruz del sur hostel. Staff is very kind and very helpful. and hot shower, wifi, location etc. so nice!!! i really want to come back to here. Thank you so much!!

I really enjoyed my stay there! I recommend the place!

• 3rd Jul 2014

I had a good experience here. It's a standard hostel, the staff are very friendly, wifi is good, breakfast is cereal and toast. I stayed four nights. There are a ton of signs, but they are more amusing than annoying. Ushuaia is pretty quiet in the low season.

Perfect trip!! Such a good hostel in the most beautiful landscapes!! Everything at Cruz del Sur was perfect! Beautiful place, helpful staff, good athmosphere, nice living with carpet, cushion and games, bathrooms really cleans like all hostel, a lovely dog, etc. But the best, Ana and her mother, they are so helpful setting trips, food and everything you need for that amazing place !!!

Marisa, one of the owners, is really a plus to the place itself, always giving the right and the most appropriate piece of advice and being therefore a great support to all travellers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3