Cruz del Sur Hostel Reviews

Gobernador Deloqui 242, Ushuaia, Argentina

facilities of the hostel is nice, and very clean. the hostel only one thing lack for guest. it's about freedom. they are too rude, i think the master have problem. the hostel do their best for guest feel comforable and relax. the hostel is for guest. not is only for making money to them. i feel they are NAZI. too many rules they make for their businese. not is for guest. time using kitchen is too short for the evening suffer. until 9:30 pm closed. not enough time to cook.

So many rules creates an uncomfortable vibe. Ok hostel but mainly just full of people who wanted to stay at Antartica hostel but it was booked out. Recommend staying there instead. Staff were a bit aggressive when trying to organise transportation to Lago Esmeralda. On the plus, they provided free gumboots to use.

Thank you for the review. In reference to the laguna we advised your friend several times the transfer is cheaper than taxi, 20minutes before it was due to arrive she decided to cancel it anyway and book the taxi only to change her mind again 5 minutes later, unfortunately as we are in high season there were people waiting for a seat on this bus and there was no longer space available, this is out of our control. Our hostel is rated highest on hostelworld as well as being the most economical.

I don't know why everybody is so positive about this hostel. It is very expensive, cramped dorms, there is no room for bags and no electricity in the dorms. Kitchen use closes way too early (21:30hrs) and is unbelievable busy. Breakfast doesn't start until 8:30 en lasts only 1,5 hrs. The showers are powerfull, but when someone flushes the toilet you burn alive, they are also not very private. The location is good and the staff is normally nice, but that is it.

Maybe a big 'silence sign after 11pm' . So, people will not talk outside the room hallway.

The staff was very helpful. The hostel is very popular and busy. A good place to meet people.

• 10th Nov 2015

This is a good hostel, well located, decent breakfast. Kitchen is too small and gets very crowded at lunch and dinner, no outlets in the rooms is annoying but there are plenty around the hostel. Overall a good place would recommend it to others

Cute hostel, close to the pier. Carla is super sweet and helpful.

Really great hostel! The staff are incredibly helpful with anything you need. Great security, good vibes, hot showers, really fast wifi, and very clean facilities. The rooms are heated and you never have to worry about being cold. The only thing that could be improved is that the breakfast starts pretty late (around 8:15 or 8:30), and sometimes people have flights or tours that begin pretty early and aren't able to eat breakfast beforehand. Other than that, everything was awesome!

The hostels central location means its busy. Busy means it can be noisy with the hum of many languages and people to meet. Time out is in the quiet saloon room. There is a lot of signage setting out the hostel law but perhaps compliance ensures it a pleasant place. Showers are hot, staff are welcoming and helpful. Kitchen is a trite small. It's an excellent hostel.

The best place ever! Near of all!!! Congratulations for all staff!

A nice and warm place, but the rooms are pretty tiny and they have more rules than any other hostel, some of them are a little too much. Basic breakfast. Friendly staff, nice living room, but you sit on the floor on cushins, since there is not one chair to lean on in the hostel.

Great friendly hostel. The room, with 3 bunk beds, was very small but good enough just to sleep in. Staff very helpful and after check out I was able to hang around all day until my next bus

Great hostel, the staff was amazing and very helpful and the location is perfect. The only thing I would criticize is the internet, which more or less only is available in the living room.

Nice place and accommodations! The staff is really nice and the place is very clean with a good atmosphere.

I never understood why some of us get older bedsheets. The staff have prefetences on assigning beds to guests

Nice and quiet hostel, awesome heating and the lady at the reception provided us with a lot of local info.

I loved the hostel. I felt welcoming since the moment I arrived and I loved the idea of walking using socks. I loved that you have information about everything that happens in town and you don't wait for us to ask, you already tell us what we can do at the moment we arrive. The physical structure is also great. The rooms are always cozy I loved it! The only thing that I think you could change is that you could leave a Sault and aceite for the guests to cook.

• 10th Oct 2015

The staff was incredibly helpful. Carla helped me plan all my activities, even when I was trying to make last minute plans. She arranged all of my taxis and buses for me. The only thing I didn't like we're all the rules posted all over the walls. I felt like I was in elementary school. Also, there are no outlets to charge anything in the bedrooms. Heaters in the rooms are awesome for the cold nights. Super hot showers. great location to the main road

Wonderful clean hostel with great staff and location is perfect :)

• 5th Oct 2015

No frills, Value-for-money hostel and excellent, helpful staff.

• 25th Sep 2015