Cruz del Sur Hostel Reviews

Gobernador Deloqui 242, Ushuaia, Argentina

Great location, very helpful, and a really friendly atmosphere.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Really nice stay in Ushuaia!Nice and helpful staff here make you easy to explore the end of the world!Great loaction just at the city centre near everything!Clean room,clean kitchen and lovely tv room!Come back next time for sure!

I loved my stay here! Marisa and Ana are so friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was so good. People were always mingling between each other, sharing stories and laughing at our terrible spanish. Marisa has the hostel cleaner then most houses! They do an amazing job. Two points I could make though is the kitchen doesn't open until 8:30am. Needs to be earlier when you are going out early in the morning for tours. And also, no power outlets in the rooms. Overall though, loved it!

• 7th Aug 2014

The owners were very nice. The place is very pleasant. Perfect location. I really recommend it.

Great family operated hostel which feels like being at home. You have to take your boots off at the door, but the mother and daughter who run the place make sure you are comfortable and happy. It's kept spotless, has good bathrooms, and breakfast is included (although it's very basic). The location is in a great spot in the middle of town, and they will set you up with any of the great tours in Ushuaia. Highly recommend!

Lots of rules. Some rooms are super hot. But overall had a nice stay

Ana and her mother makes you feel very comfortable right away. It has a cozy atmosphere. Good place to mingle, get to know people, share a drink and just talk. It's well located, have a market near by, basically on the main street of Ushuaia. They've been very helpful, booking cab, transfers, tours, everything you need it. Would definitly recommend it!

Love it love it love it!! Ana and Mari made me feel at home and after 2 months of traveling I need it that. Great location and great hostel. Ana will help you set up your activities. If you make it to Ushuaia stay here!! Thanks again Ana and Mari

Nice hostel. Staff don't speak great English but we're very accommodating anyway. The hostel itself is very centrally located in the middle of Ushuaia.

• 16th Jul 2014

Ushuaia was my favorite of my two month travels through Argentina and this hostel definitely made me extremely welcomed and safe. I traveled by myself as my friends wanted to see Jujuy. I had never traveled alone before and the friends I made at this hostel made it incredibly easy! The front desk stuff was so pleasant and help me book every excursion, the facilities were spotless, the rooms were comfortable, the kitchen was fully equipped, the breakfast was delicious! Amazing hostel!

• 12th Jul 2014

Everything is so good at Cruz del sur hostel. Staff is very kind and very helpful. and hot shower, wifi, location etc. so nice!!! i really want to come back to here. Thank you so much!!

I really enjoyed my stay there! I recommend the place!

• 3rd Jul 2014

I had a good experience here. It's a standard hostel, the staff are very friendly, wifi is good, breakfast is cereal and toast. I stayed four nights. There are a ton of signs, but they are more amusing than annoying. Ushuaia is pretty quiet in the low season.

Perfect trip!! Such a good hostel in the most beautiful landscapes!! Everything at Cruz del Sur was perfect! Beautiful place, helpful staff, good athmosphere, nice living with carpet, cushion and games, bathrooms really cleans like all hostel, a lovely dog, etc. But the best, Ana and her mother, they are so helpful setting trips, food and everything you need for that amazing place !!!

Marisa, one of the owners, is really a plus to the place itself, always giving the right and the most appropriate piece of advice and being therefore a great support to all travellers.

Everything is fine with this hostel: rooms, breakfast, location, etc. The living room is perfect to meet new people and WiFi is great. Marisa the hostess is very nice and helpful. Showers are powerful with lasting hot water. If I go back to Ushuaia I would definitely stay at this hostel again. PS they have an amazing dog :)

Good hostel and close to the town centre. The woman who runs the hostel is very helpful and friendly, if somewhat rule happy! The fact they're posted over every wall does detract from the atmosphere slightly, but it's still a great place to stay. Showers are awesome and kitchen is really well equipped.

Just like to say that I have travelled to many different countries and stayed in many hostels but in this hostel you will meet your second mother!

This hostel is very good. Location is good and the facilities are great. I left my mobile in a table in the hostel for more than a day and nobody took it which makes me think that security is also good. The "chill room" is a great place to hang out and meet people. Having said that, i believe there are some threatening signs in the hostel that do not match up with such a great place. Some say that you will be kicked out if you wash clothes in the shower or if you make noise after 12. Not nice.

As a traveler, first of all I expect the staff to be helpful, friendly and help us in all the ways they could. Marissa took care of all these facts and she carried everything way beyond our expectations. Her presence at the hostel made all the travelers have a great feel about the hostel. If you are at Ushuaia, then it is this hostel I would recommend for all , because you can experience more than what you expect.