Cruz del Sur Hostel Reviews

Gobernador Deloqui 242, Ushuaia, Argentina

Everything is fine with this hostel: rooms, breakfast, location, etc. The living room is perfect to meet new people and WiFi is great. Marisa the hostess is very nice and helpful. Showers are powerful with lasting hot water. If I go back to Ushuaia I would definitely stay at this hostel again. PS they have an amazing dog :)

Good hostel and close to the town centre. The woman who runs the hostel is very helpful and friendly, if somewhat rule happy! The fact they're posted over every wall does detract from the atmosphere slightly, but it's still a great place to stay. Showers are awesome and kitchen is really well equipped.

Just like to say that I have travelled to many different countries and stayed in many hostels but in this hostel you will meet your second mother!

This hostel is very good. Location is good and the facilities are great. I left my mobile in a table in the hostel for more than a day and nobody took it which makes me think that security is also good. The "chill room" is a great place to hang out and meet people. Having said that, i believe there are some threatening signs in the hostel that do not match up with such a great place. Some say that you will be kicked out if you wash clothes in the shower or if you make noise after 12. Not nice.

As a traveler, first of all I expect the staff to be helpful, friendly and help us in all the ways they could. Marissa took care of all these facts and she carried everything way beyond our expectations. Her presence at the hostel made all the travelers have a great feel about the hostel. If you are at Ushuaia, then it is this hostel I would recommend for all , because you can experience more than what you expect.

Welcoming, warm, but no nonsense. I felt embraced but was explained how to make the stay comfortable for all; namely take off my shoes! Warm room, individual locker for valuables, a chill out wi fi/den area. Small kitchen and eating area but it reinforced the cozy feel of the house.

Good location, great atmosphere, warm showers and excellent organization. Best of all is that you get to meet Marisa, an adorable being who takes care of all visitors.

The atmosphere could be improved without too many rules and advices at the wall, Beyond that, the hostel its very nice and the staff very helpful.

I stayed for 5 days at the beginning of May in the hostel and enjoyed my time there a lot. Since I read before going to the hostel that there are quite a lot of signs with rules, it didnt really bother me but, nonetheless, it has an influence on the atmosphere. Besides, it is a great hostel and especially Marisa and her husband are overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. The breakfast is big and pretty good, the kitchen is well equipped and the hostel will help you organising activities. Go for it.

Lovely staff!!! Only wifi is a bit poor.

Hard to judge this hostel, it's clean and has all you need but it's to uptight and strikt! People will have a good time here, but if I go a next time it will probably be a different place...

I loved this hostel! Staff was very helpful, hostel was clean and bathrooms were nice/clean. Short walk to anywhere in the city. Atmosphere was great! Highly refommended.

The service at this hostel was spectacular. The owner went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay.

The owners Anna and Jose are fiendly and helpful. They are strict about housing keeping and cleanliness. They expect gusts to keep quiet after 11 pm, whch is good and understandablle. Guests are told to put off thier 'smell' shoes outside their rooms, which is good but perhaps the request needs to be toned down a bit. And maybe sme guests ause the use of hostel facilitites after checking out, e.g. using the computer. The management stipulates that guests vacate the hostel after checkout.

Great hostel, with nice rooms and helpful staff. The owners have a lot of rules, which are all fair and ensure the hostel is extremely clean, but it does take away from the atmosphere a bit. I would recommend this hostel though, and I would stay there again. Great location!

Too many unnecessary rules, and threatening that you could be suspended from the hostel. They could have their rules in a friendly way. Sometimes rude answers from one guy of the staff. Comfortable dinning room, good wifi and complete kitchen kitchen closes at 23:00 and you even can't take a drink that you have stored in the fridge. Somehow our marked beer disappeared last night.

Very comfortable, clean hostel with lots of different people. Great atmosphere!

Ana is the best receptionist in Ushuaia, she is helpful, she's got attitude and a sense of humour.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It's one of the only hostels in town located in the downtown area and it is very easy to get to all the restaurants and bars. They have a nice but crowded kitchen, eating area, and living room area. There are a lot of rules posted all over the walls which some people seemed to be annoyed by, but for me it was fine. The staff were nice but their helpfulness varied -- they were very helpful to me but if you didn't speak Spanish they were a bit less helpful.

A decent hostel, although there are a lot of signs all around the hostel telling you to clean up etc. which gives a bit of a strict atmosphere and makes it less relaxed. The staff are friendly but don't really like to speak English (although they can). The breakfast is very good (fresh bread with various jams, cereal with milk and teas/coffees etc.). The kitchen really is very small and is impossible for more than two people to cook in there which is not ideal as its quite a big hostel!