Cruz del Sur Hostel Reviews

Gobernador Deloqui 242, Ushuaia, Argentina

Great friendly hostel. The room, with 3 bunk beds, was very small but good enough just to sleep in. Staff very helpful and after check out I was able to hang around all day until my next bus

Great hostel, the staff was amazing and very helpful and the location is perfect. The only thing I would criticize is the internet, which more or less only is available in the living room.

Nice place and accommodations! The staff is really nice and the place is very clean with a good atmosphere.

I never understood why some of us get older bedsheets. The staff have prefetences on assigning beds to guests

Nice and quiet hostel, awesome heating and the lady at the reception provided us with a lot of local info.

I loved the hostel. I felt welcoming since the moment I arrived and I loved the idea of walking using socks. I loved that you have information about everything that happens in town and you don't wait for us to ask, you already tell us what we can do at the moment we arrive. The physical structure is also great. The rooms are always cozy I loved it! The only thing that I think you could change is that you could leave a Sault and aceite for the guests to cook.

• 10th Oct 2015

The staff was incredibly helpful. Carla helped me plan all my activities, even when I was trying to make last minute plans. She arranged all of my taxis and buses for me. The only thing I didn't like we're all the rules posted all over the walls. I felt like I was in elementary school. Also, there are no outlets to charge anything in the bedrooms. Heaters in the rooms are awesome for the cold nights. Super hot showers. great location to the main road

Wonderful clean hostel with great staff and location is perfect :)

No frills, Value-for-money hostel and excellent, helpful staff.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Loved this hostel! The staff was wonderful from start to finish. They were incredibly hospitable, remembering our names and greeting everyone like family. It was also one of the cleanest hostels I've ever seen! It was just a short walk to the Main Street, a grocery store, and Irish pub. Easy place to meet other travelers while cooking. My only recommendation is perhaps adding hand dryers in the bathrooms, but no biggie. Thanks for the lovely stay!

Nick and Anna were awesome and made the stay that much more enjoyable. One street above the San Martin, and close to all the attractions. Wifi only in the living room, but that was fine, the breakfast was fresh bread/cereal coffee and tea. Will definitely be back if in Ushuaia.

No complaints ... excellent breakfast and location, and very clean throughout!

Really nice hostel with a great atmosphere. The crew is resdy to do everything to organize your stay and to help you to feel good in their hostel.

Great hostel in a perfect location. The staff is very helpful and facilities are well maintained.

• 16th Sep 2015

Great staff Nick was really helpful. Expensive per night for what you get though, rooms were very small, 4 person dorm would have been ok for 2 people and the 6 dorm probably suit 4 with some lockers in them. Breakfast was very basic as in most Argentinian hostels. Wifi worked well in common areas and down stairs rooms. No plug sockets in rooms, very strange but people left electrical items charging in all common areas so seemed really safe to do.

Ana, Nick and the rest of the staff were brilliantly helpful! Perfect location, the staff knew where to go and what to do. They were helpful in organising our boat trip to the islands. The ambiance was very good. Toilet and showers were clean. My friends and I wished that we could have stayed longer, so now we're planning another trip and will stay in Ushuaia longer to fulfill our glacier trek!

I stayed here during late winter, a bit quieter than in summer I believe but busy enough anyway. I spent most of my time snowboarding in nearby Cerro Castor, but the staff are great for organising trips, buses etc. The location is great, and would be a great base during winter and summer. More could be done with the common room, like regular organised events etc., but perhaps that's more of a summer thing!

Excellent location next to museums, restaurants and the main activities in the city! The place is very very clean and there's also a very welcoming staff looking out for you. Lots of people to know from different countries, nice facilities, etc. The perfect place to stay during your trip. Thanks!

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

EL MEJOR HOSTEL DE USHUAIA!!!! El personal increíblemente servicial, mantienen constantemente la limpieza y ayudan a definir excursiones! BEST HOSTEL FROM USHUAIA!!!! The personal is incredibly helpful, they keep the cleanness and let you decide the best excursions!

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

A nice place to stay! Definitely people from Cruz del Sur made my stay in Ushuaya much better. Staff very helpful, kind and atentious, specially Ana. They are friendly and make you feel as home. Very good showers, heat works very well. Bed accomodation and breakfast could be better. Very good location and great atmosfere.