Cruz del Sur Hostel Reviews

Gobernador Deloqui 242, Ushuaia, Argentina

Nice and cozy hostel with good common spaces like the breakfast and dinner space and a very well used Wifi room where you can also have drinks and watch a movie. The staff has good tips about trips and hikes in the surroundings. Rooms are on the tiny side and the kitchen closes a bit early for argentinian standards but the atmosphere of the hostel generously make up for that.

Kitchen is really well equipped but way too small...it was completely chaotic in there nearly every night I cooked. The common room is very basic...just matts and beanbags to sit on. The dorm rooms are quite cramped. Showers are fantastic. Staff and in particular Carla really helpful. Locking the kitchen from 10.30pm to 8.30am is way too restrictive, in particular for early risers. Despite the many negatives above, I would stay here again.

One of the best hostels! Clean, great location and really warm and cosy environment. The best thing about the hostel is the people working there. Clara is great!! Generally the most friendly of staff. They are really happy to help you with everything you might need and it is so easy to join up with other people at the hostel for the different treks and excursions. Highly recommended!

The staff is so lovely and helpfull. We stayed there for 6 days and it was the perfect start for our southamerica trip.

The hostel is simple but it's very cozy. I loved the staff. I recommend it.

Amazing hostel, great staff, excellent location!

nice hostel with really good lockers. wifi works, breakfast included, a good amount of showers. lots of rules posted but I guess common sense and courtesy are not that common?

kitchen is closed between 22:30 to 8:00! the place was nice.

We didn't like our stay here at all. The room was very dark with not enough air. It seemed they put 3 bunk beds on 7 sqm. I have never been to a small room likes this and especially not with 6 people. So sleeping was kind of a night mare. There are no power outlets in the room nor in the bathroom. Very annoying!!! Showers were hot, but there were toilets right next to them. They only had curtains. The staff seemed a bit arrogant. At least they were not very friendly. The location is good though.

Rules on rules on rules. Not terrible but not terrific. Great place to come back to if you want to relax after a hike.

Really great hostel. The staff is super nice and helpful. The atmosphere is great. I loved the communal areas, so comfortable. The kitchen is kind of small but well-equipped. I really liked this place. They seemed to always be cleaning, and the place indeed felt very clean. Great location.

Rooms very small.

Rooms and kitchen are a little small.

Carla, Alejandro, and Cream (the dog) are really nice, and make you feel confortable all the time... A good kitchen, good space to hang out inside and outside... Really good!

The staff was unfriendly. Dining area and dorm rooms were really tight. The bunk beds were old, you cannot sit upright on the lower bed and there was no ladder or similar to climb up onto the top bed. The old carpet in the dorm was quite dirty and it was really stuffy in the dorm. The small kitchen was often occupied by the family owning the hostel and not by hostel guests. Unfortunately accommodations in Ushuaia are limited and therefore improvement may not be seen as necessary.

• 1st Jan 2015

Overall a good choice. Clean. Dorm rooms are very small if your roommates have any sizable luggage its a problem. There are several strange rules posted everywhere in the hostel. Nothing you can't cope with but so many random rules. Especially the one about shoes. Atmosphere was lacking - when I stayed the hostel was filled with dozens of unfriendly, noisy, rude Israelis.

Th hostel is really nice, the living room is very comfortable. The kitchens well equipped although small!

Hannah was amazing! I called two days before my reservation realizing that I needed to arrive a day early, and she was very helpful in figuring out how to make it work. They were full, so she searched another hostel for me, before finding that they had a cancelation so she was able to squeeze me in. I also met some great people on the bus ride to Ushuaia that turned out to be staying at the same hostel so that worked out great and I met other good people there.

• 28th Dec 2014

The location is awesome and the wi-fi is absolutely amazing. Super fast and reliable. The kids running around screaming were quite annoying. Also there is no good place to sit and work. They have these pillow things in the living room if you're just checking Facebook, but if you want to get any proper work done there's no where to sit.

PROS: Good location and the staff can hook you up with day trips. CONS: Not a lot of atmosphere. I dont care for a lot of the rules (including dozens of patronising signs). Being threatened to be thrown out of the hostel, if you use the bathroom sink for washing clothes seems excessive! 99 % of travellers are reasonable people, so stop treating us of like we're 12 years old. The staff were efficient but one of them seemed dismissive and looked angry all the time- basically shouting a people.