Crystal Hostel Reviews

P. O. Box 56, Darkuman, Accra, Ghana

Some of my e-mail communications to them were ignored and I needed the information that I was asking for. The driver sent with a placard denoting my name, did not know where the hostel was and we got lost three times. There is "lights out" regularly and we arrived in the darkness. We did not receive a separate room for Susan and myself but two beds stuck together in a room with no towels in order to use the shower, hence we had to use our sheets to dry off with. The Quaynors are kind and polite

• 17th Jan 2015

Though it's a little out of the way, the location is still fine - nice street food options and close to a trotro stop. There's a basic kitchen (impossible to find at other budget places) and a nice outdoor patio - a laid back place to meet travelers and get some work done on the spotty wifi. Hosts are not outgoing but very helpful and there are three cute dogs always underfoot. If you're looking to go out or see much of the city I'd suggest somewhere closer in.