Cuesta Arriba Reviews

150 meters North From La Lora Amarilla, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

This was a nice place with a good kitchen and fridges for everyone's stuff. The staff (owners?) were very nice and helpful. The place is close to the beach, a supermarket and a few sodas so everything you need is accessible. The dorm room was spacious although I had trouble sleeping at night due to the heat/humidity since the fans were shared (only rotated and couldn't be pointed directly at an individual bed). That's my only mark against the rating here...more fans would fix this.

Really enjoyed my stay at Cuesta Arriba. Good staff. good location, nice pool, and its right by the beach.

• 20th Apr 2015

Martin and Barbara were wonderful hosts. Their hostel is located near the beach, a market and many restaurants. I enjoyed my time there and had a wonderful stay. I also meet other travellers that made my stay memorable. The hosts went above and beyond their hosting duties when they shipped my belongings to me after I had an accident and was unable to return to the hostel to pick them up myself. Thank you! I hope to return in the near future to complete my trip and take my surfing lessons.

• 13th Apr 2015

I would definitely stay here again!!! The owner is so great and willing to help with anything!!!! My food was accidentally thrown away by the maid and he even offered to replace it with his own! The facility is clean and I felt very safe. The only downfall is this hotel is all the way at the end of the road, but the walk to everything isn't too bad.

Great hostel with pool and beach is just across the street. two sodas and a supermarket nearby. quiet a walk to an atm though. host were super nice and helpful, rooms looked really nice. would stay there again.

View all Santa Teresa Bed and Breakfasts