Culebra International Reviews

Playa Sardinas II, Culebra, Puerto Rico

I had a wonderful time this past weekend at Culebra International, and it was all because of the staff. The hostel is located in the main town on the island of Culebra, so the location is perfect. But what really struck me was the generosity and kindness of the staff. For one night they almost made me feel like part of their family: they shared their own food and drinks with me, and showed me around town. Highly recommended - especially for solo travelers.

By far the best stop on our trip to Puerto Rico was Culebra! Tommy is a kind, generous and trustworthy host. The hostel is in a great location, within walking distance from the ferry port, restaurants, bars, and taxis that can take you to any of the beaches. The rooms are comfortable with hot water, AC and fans, sheets, beach towels, etc. There is also a common kitchen and a grocery store right down the street. Loved this place so much we added 3 nights to our stay! Thanks, Tommy!

WOW!! You MUST stay here when you are in Culebra. The staff will go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. Such a great atmosphere and a wonderful feeling of community. You will not be disappointed. Nice and clean with a great kitchen. Also, cheapest grocery store in town is conveniently right beside the hostel.

• 26th May 2014

We love this place! the hosts are very nice! help a lot with information, very friendly to people, you can even go hiking with one of the host working here! the location is good, everything is almost at walking distance (food, drinks...). The rooms are clean and quiet. We changed our plan to stay one more night at this place.

beyond expectations. Thoughtful owners, immaculate, beach in the back, just perfect.

• 17th Apr 2014

I liked the owners and the 2 dorm rooms are connected, so the back one has the air condition and I recommend that.

The people that run this facility made my stay pleasant and enjoyable. They were helpful in showing me places to go to. Thank you for making my first trip here memorable. I will be back!

• 27th Mar 2014

Three generations of the most beautiful and kind hearted women running the Hostel. By far the best Hostel experience my friend and I had. Very homely environment, including on occasion home cooked meals. Hostel is the best value for money on the island and in my opinion better than any hotel or resort that you can find. Grandma, Nancy, Nina - many thanks for the memories! Two long-haired fans from Australia, Serge and Ari.

Clean, 5 minute walk from the Ferry, helpful staff, quiet and relaxing, powerstrips in the private rooms were extremely nice!

• 19th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It was delightful! Yes, the dorm is in a walk out basement - but it as windows and two baths, and AC - so I'm not going to complain! Fresh washed sheets, towels and blankets - Tommy, the owner, cooks dinner several nights a week and charges $10 - $12 for dinner - a great way for solos to meet fellow travelers! A great garden, complete with chickens, chicks, a cat and kittens - a hammock and furniture to sit after dinner and enjoy good company. It was delightful!

• 14th Mar 2014

Wasn't expecting the reception I got from Tommy as he picked me up at the airport after I called in. Met some great people here, slept in a hammock and took a hot shower. Small kitchen area and a grill are available and I understand Tommy and/or Syl cook, although I did not partake.

• 25th Feb 2014

Tommy was an awesome, very accomodating host. Nice as nice can be. Get to know Gary as well. He's a good friend to get to know! Thanks guys! -Dan in St. Louis

• 17th Jan 2014