Culebra International Reviews

Playa Sardinas II, Culebra, Puerto Rico

The place is great! Mario, in particular was very helpful and welcoming. Great conversation and atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again. Also, try Zaco's Tacos. Best fish tacos in the island!

Great stay! :D

I LOVED my stay at Culebra International. Tommy, Nancy & Mario were extremely accommodating. I originally planned on only staying one night in Culebra, but ended up staying two solely because of my wonderful time at this hostel. Tommy cooked us a wonderful meal while we were there (delicious shrimp étouffée). There is a great outdoor area to sit & converse at night, dorms were very clean, nice kitchen area, and close access to everything. I HIGHLY recommend. Can't wait for my next visit!!

Overall, we would highly recommend the hostel. Security was average because there were no locks on the dorm doors and no lockers, but it wasn't a problem as Culebra seems to be safe everywhere so no need to worry. For facilities, the showers were not the nicest, but were fully functional. Value for money was average because we've paid less elsewhere and gotten more, but Culebra in general is very expensive and this is the cheapest place to stay on the island. The staff was kind and very helpful.

All in all good. The shared bathroom was gross though, water was everywhere on the ground, and the humidity made the room smell really badly.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Be warned that the current owner of this hostel only takes payment in cash. We were told that until you payed the full fee, your room could be given away, i.e. first come first serve.. If you are traveilling in a group, you are much better off using air bnb where we got a really nice place with a view of the water for 110 dollars, while it cost the three of us 105 to stay in a shared room at the hostel. We only met the caretaker, Tom, who was very accommodating and took great care of us. I

• 21st Mar 2015

Nancy was very friendly and useful, and the place was charming and lively. We'd stay here again.

• 1st Mar 2015