Culebra International Reviews

Playa Sardinas II, Culebra, Puerto Rico

The hosts are awesome, especially the owner. From the first second I felt like at home. I really appreciate the BBQ in the garden we had this evening. It is a good possibility to come in touch with all the other travelers. I loved it. All facilities was clean and comfortable (I stayed in the female dorm with own bathroom). It is a pity that i just booked it for one night. I really recommend to stay longer.

Great hostel, location, and helpful staff! Slightly overpriced in my opinion and the beds are not the most comfortable. That being said I would stay here again!

So lovely hostel, friendly & helpful staff, clean rooms & common areas, enough space for luggage (at least in 4-bed female dorm with private bathroom), charmful garden, not noisy during nights (but you are allowed to drink beer etc at the garden at nights as well). Get-together dinners organized by the owner is really nice way to meet others - and the food (seafood) is delicious! Stayed for 4 days, didn't want to leave. The best hostel experience during my 5-weeks stay in PR, I highly recommend!

Lovely place, and great staff! Located close to the ferry dock, and it's easy to get to Flamenco beach etc.

Room had very little natural light (very small windows). Staff was extremely helpful and nice.

This hostel is in walking distance to many great venues. It has a relaxed atmosphere, highly conducive to meeting new friends and travelers. I was disappointed by the staff and facilities. First, I was charged more than the price that was listed on hostel world and in my email. The owner was argumentative and charged me the deposit and additional tax on top of what I owed. I have records to show. The bathrooms were also wet and highly unclean. Rooms are joined with no door, just one large room.

It was overbooked, I had to share a bed. I did the reservation for 6 beds and I was able to use only 3, the money I paid as a deposit they told me it was an online fee, so I had to paid the entire amount again. I was over and double charge for three beds when I reserved for 6.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Puerto Rico

The mixed dorm is crowded and messy, it used to be a garage and now 12 people are supposed to sleep there with no window and poor lighting. There are 2 restrooms that definitely need more cleaning. The price paid for this lodging is way too high compared to what it offers. The situation in the female dorm and private rooms appears to be much better. The owner seems to have confused ideas about what a hostel should be, he was nice and helpful though (at least with me). There are no lockers.

Tommy, the hostel owner is great. He fosters a great environment which is creates for enlightening and enjoyable conversations. The friends I made there came from all over the world and were all amazing people. Our went snorkeling together, hit the beaches, had the most enticing conversations into the early hours, and it was in one word, great!

• 19th Dec 2015

Very bad hostel Don.t recommend this hostel anymore The owner don't care about the good service First and the last one I visited this place

Located not very far (walking distance) from the place the ferry comes, Culebra International is the only hostel around... so it gets most of the travelers. My dorm was suppose to have AC and 6 people, but instead the AC only reaches the first part of the room (that actually accommodates 12 people !). The dorm has no windows and two fans for 12 people ! Although Tommy claims to work hard, the hostel needs some adjustments, I woke up sweating and the part next to the kitchen is loud until late...

Great staff!!! Very helpful and accommodating. Love the home style meals!