Culebra International Reviews

Playa Sardinas II, Culebra, Puerto Rico

very happy we had an awesome time!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Puerto Rico

This hostel is really expensive if you consider what it has to offer. We paid 30$ per person/night for a 4bed mixed dorm which was actually more a 8bed since there was no door between the two. Also the beds were in partially miserable condition. Good thing: They had several small lockers in the room. They had a kitchen which you can use to cook your own meals etc. but there were ants all over the place. So most of the things could not be used. Cats in the kitchen was also a no-go! Disappointing

• 29th Aug 2014

Great place! The owner is very friendly and knowledgeable about the island. The location is walking distance from the ferry and the airport. Grocery and restaurants are very close. The private rooms are very pleasant. Small issue: the A/C in the mixed dorm is very loud.

Thank you so much for everything and it was such a pleasure meeting both of you! We are looking forward to returning for a much longer stay in the future :-)

• 19th Aug 2014

Staff was very friendly and accommodating! The owner let us keep our stuff there party the check out time until our ferry left so we didn't have to carry it around all day. So nice of him! There was a kitchen that everyone could use, and the bathrooms and bedrooms were clean. It's a five minute walk from where the ferry drops you off. It's a great atmosphere, with lots of wind chimes and twinkle lights on the porch. They will take great care of you!

• 19th Aug 2014

Nalani and Culebra International are a must visit! As researcher Nalani helped explain and share more about sea turtles than could be expected from a marine biology class. I know it won't happen for everyone, but I got the chance to hang out with her at 5am looking for nests to document, incredible and an experience I'll share with people for years. The culture and atmosphere at the hostel was equally awesome. Made some awesome friends and continued on to explore more, if Im lucky i return

• 24th Jul 2014

Had a great time staying at Culebra Hostel International. Nalani and Adam were really accommodating hosts. Nalani gave me a comprehensive tour of the whole unit when I arrived - and also assured me that she would be available, should I need anything. Also let me keep my pack there during the my last day, even though I had already checked out of the room. I would recommend this spot to anyone. A GREAT hostel!

• 30th Jun 2014

We were so glad we didn't listen to some of the older, negative reviews we'd read; management has since changed. My bf and I stayed here 4 nights, in the dorm room. Mgmt was super accommodating, even helped coordinate a group trip for us to the island of Culebrita by negotiating with the water taxi driver for a lower price and renting out snorkeling gear. The beds are fine, facilities are clean, rooms are cool. Obviously not resort quality, but has everything you need in a hostel.

• 30th Jun 2014

I had a wonderful time this past weekend at Culebra International, and it was all because of the staff. The hostel is located in the main town on the island of Culebra, so the location is perfect. But what really struck me was the generosity and kindness of the staff. For one night they almost made me feel like part of their family: they shared their own food and drinks with me, and showed me around town. Highly recommended - especially for solo travelers.

By far the best stop on our trip to Puerto Rico was Culebra! Tommy is a kind, generous and trustworthy host. The hostel is in a great location, within walking distance from the ferry port, restaurants, bars, and taxis that can take you to any of the beaches. The rooms are comfortable with hot water, AC and fans, sheets, beach towels, etc. There is also a common kitchen and a grocery store right down the street. Loved this place so much we added 3 nights to our stay! Thanks, Tommy!

WOW!! You MUST stay here when you are in Culebra. The staff will go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. Such a great atmosphere and a wonderful feeling of community. You will not be disappointed. Nice and clean with a great kitchen. Also, cheapest grocery store in town is conveniently right beside the hostel.

• 26th May 2014

We love this place! the hosts are very nice! help a lot with information, very friendly to people, you can even go hiking with one of the host working here! the location is good, everything is almost at walking distance (food, drinks...). The rooms are clean and quiet. We changed our plan to stay one more night at this place.