Cumpun Guest House Reviews

24/3-5 Sittiwongse Road, T. Chang Moi, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Room was OK, but we got into a fight with the topless owner. We didn't like Chiang Mai enough to stay there for the six nights we booked only 36h in advance (so he didn't reserve the room for weeks), but he got rude when we wanted to cancel. We agreed on a charge, but he lied to us about our deposit. We were glad to leave, especially after he barged into our room when we were only half dressed, threatening us, saying check out time was 11, when the night before the note had clearly said 12.

This review shows that a lack of respect often comes together with a lack of intelligence. When I showed you the cancellation policy on paper, you still didn't understand you had to pay for one night extra. I showed my good heart and charged you only half because you booked the day before. I don't know where you get it that I lied about the deposit, because this is certainly paid to Hostelworld as commission. Check out time is 11, as mentioned on the website, in the room and at the receptiondesk

Very nice guesthouse and staff are brilliant. Speak perfect English and always helping with directions and recommendations on what to see. Stayed here before a jungle trek and they looked after all our belongings and valuables and we booked an extra 2 nights there after the trek. Would definately stay here again.

all round pretty good stay , would stay again

This guesthouse is on a side street a little outside of the old city. The neighborhood is very quiet and the common area was mostly empty while I was there. I was traveling alone, so I was disappointed that there were no fellow travelers to meet and I moved to a different hostel after a couple nights (it was low season). That said, I got a good price on a private aircon room and it was clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The guy who runs the place is also very friendly.

View all Chiang Mai Bed and Breakfasts