Curitiba Casa Hostel Reviews

Rua Brasilio Itibere, 73, Curitiba, Brazil

Very nice place to stay in Curitiba! Friendly staff: Marina, Filipe, Luciano..made the stay a lot easier: helpful, polite, gave me good ideas what to do, where to go. Not a party place, at least for the weekend that I went. Clean rooms and clean bathrooms. Feels like home. Located very close to one of the postcards of the city, the Bothanical Garden with its Crystal Palace. A short walk from the bus stop that takes your everywhere. Breakfast inclued and well sorted. Definitely will come back!

Very clean (rooms, baths and social rooms). Great Staff. Great Bed. Very organized. Great strucuture. Good location. I came alone to Curitiba to do a test and that hostel offered me all strucuture that I needed.

• 13th Mar 2015

Everything works nicely. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. Very secure. The location is a little bit away from everything, but I have no complaints about the hostel. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

I was amazed,how hostel is good!Its just a perfect!!!So organised and comfortable!So friendly and helpful staff,delicious breakfast,wonderful beds with lockers,great facilities!Thank you for your warm hospitality!Really appreciate it!

A regular hostel, nothing to highlight. I just missed the lack of couple/double rooms. We were passing by on a long motorcycle trip and stayed at this hostel twice.

Excellent hostel!

I realy enjoyed the Hostel, I was with two more friends from USA n it was great, tks everyone from there( staff n owners).

This is not run like a hostel, atmosphere and staff are not laid back and not particularly friendly or helpful. For example, they refused to let me have my (included) breakfast on the day I arrived instead of the next day (I was leaving early) and insisted that I couldn't switch but should pay. Not sure why, it was a buffet and would have made no difference at all. I asked in a perfectly friendly way but they responded quite aggressively. Not a chill, hippy place. Run like a hotel.

We're sorry you haven't had a good time! We'd like to remind you that you arrived very early in the morning, before check in time, and received directions, took a shower, stored your luggage, rested in the couch, used internet, bathrooms, kitchen... We offered you to have a breakfast, for a fair price, and you said no. The next day you had your breakfast, which was included, and left at night (not before breakfast, as you had said). We're sure next time you'll change your mind about our hostel!

This hostel is almost like a hotel, it's really impressive! In Brazil, so far, it's the most structured hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms and bathrooms are really clean, all the beds have individuals plugs and storage for luggage. The kitchen is completely equipped and breakfast is delicious! I only stayed for one night, so I couldn't get much of the atmosphere, but the staff is really nice and helpful. Would definitely recommend it! Oh, and it's two blocks away from the Botanical Garden.

Nice hostel in a poor location - only a few stops on the bus from the centre of town but you have to cross railway lines to get to the bus stop and the area doesn't feel safe. Some staff members are friendly and helpful but others are so unfriendly it verges on rude. Breakfast is good and the hostel is clean. The wifi didn't work properly in my bedroom but it's fine in the common room. I wouldn't stay again due to the location but if you have a car it'd be fine.

Thank's for your review! As you said, we're only a few bus stops from the city centre (5 stops), 2 stops from the bus station and Municipal Market, 3 blocks away from the Bothanical Garden (Curitiba's main attraction), and it's really easy to get by bus to the other attractions. The bus stop is only two blocks away from the hostel, which is in a cool residential area (in 3 years we did't have any problem in the way to the bus stop). And fell free to contact us with your feedback on our staff!

Very good. I definitly recomend.

• 26th Dec 2014

Very cleanlinsse, beautiful bulding, great atmosphere and grear staff. The people o recepcion gave me all information I need for wonderful tours in Curitiba. Highly recommended.

A little bit more expensive than the average, but it worth it. The rooms are very good with locker included in bed. Many bathrooms, and clean.

• 2nd Dec 2014

I really liked my stay at Curitiba Casa Hostel, even if it was only for a day. It has probably the nicest beds and dorm rooms I have ever seen in Brazil. The staff is very nice and makes you feel welcome. It's close to the bus terminal and there is a bus stop 50m away if you want to go downtown or to the airport. The botanical gardens are just a short walk away too. Highly recommended!

good breakfast, helpful and nice staff. No ATM's around :(

• 20th Nov 2014

Great hostel, very clean, friendly staff, easy to get around, near market. I highly recommend.

I've stayed here before and I would again, the staff are super helpful, the rooms are big and clean, it's close to the bus station and a supermarket and the botanical gardens are only a shirt walk away. Highly recommend