Cwm Pennant Hostel Reviews

Garndolbenmaen, Gwynedd, Porthmadog, Wales

Staff were very helpful and easy to get along with - especially helping when we had a bat in our sink! It was a very eventful stay and we had a wonderful time. The evening meal that was provided was great, we didn't expect to be given three courses! The kitchen area for guests was very useful and the drying room was invaluable, after walking up Snowdon in the rain the Hostel was a very calming and comfortable place to be. Shower facilities were good, and the beds were surprisingly comfy.

• 15th Jul 2014

We had a great stay at the hostel. Its in a great location and will be back for sure.

• 13th Jun 2014

The hostel is in the middle of nowhere. However, if you travel by car/motorbike/bike, it might be just convenient as near coastal road. The atmosphere is a bit weird, especially the facilities . However, for a night it is ok, clean enough and the shower is running with hot water as well. All other hostels I stayed in Wales were overall better than this one.

Cwm Pennant is a very special place for me. I've been visiting Cwm Pennant and region for about 55 years. I just love the place and to find a hostel there is icing on the cake. Mike, who was in charge when we arrived was fantastic. He made us feel very much at home, was extremely helpful-copying maps, giving advice about various issues and finding some olive oil for salad dressing. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a fantastic walk up Moel Hebog, Moel yr Ogof and Moel Lefn-brilliant.

Excellent Hostel, right on NCN route 8 for cyclists. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Great facilities.

• 20th Apr 2014

We stayed 3 nights, the first night in the 16 bed "Snowden" room, the other two in the 4 bed private "Tryfan" room. The rooms were big for a hostel and very clean. The staff Andy and Megan were super helpful with anything we needed, like recommendations for activities (we ended up visiting Llanberis, Nefyn (for sunset), and climbed Snowden. It is quite out of the way though and a sat nav is definitely needed. The hot water and heating did switch off at night though, and we couldn't lock our room

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

I loved the place. Endo - our host was amazingly hospitable and helpful. I will highly recommend this place and would visit it every time I plan my next visit to wales.

• 18th Apr 2014

I have stayed in hostels all over the world, and this has been my favourite so far. The hostel is a refurbished part of an 18th century mansion, in the middle of some fantastic areas to explore. Very peaceful, yet still has all the expected facilities - kitchen, free breakfast, comfortable common room, drying room, dining rooetc The manager, Ander was the nicest hostel staff member we had ever met. A great guy! I definitely plan on coming back and staying again in future.

The hostel feels very familial because of its friendly staff. The facilities are simple but clean and just what you need after a long day of hike in the mountains nearby. The cooked breakfast was very delicious and they even catered to our vegetarian needs.

• 5th Apr 2014