Czech Inn Reviews

Francouzska 76, Prague, Czech Republic

Airport transfers were great, rooms were very good but no air-conditioning (very hot in the summer), excellent location with easy transport into the old town.

We had arranged to arrive at 10am, so we could shower (following a long and warm walk) and start out day in Prague. Upon arrival we were told we couldn't use the facilities until 3pm. Not being allowed into the room was okay , but not being able to freshen up did leave us feeling restricted, considering its a good hours walk into the centre of Prague we couldn't explore too much knowing we would need to return again before relaxing in the evening. Staff were alright, but slightly rude.

For the price to stay in a room with 30+ people, you'd think this place would be amazing. It's not. The wifi doesn't work at all in the rooms & hardly works at reception. It was unbearably hot everywhere, with not even a fan in the entire room. You'd think a hostel would have cheaper beer/food options but the bar attached is one of the most expensive in prague, & for 6 euro you can get a cheaper bfast almost anywhere in the city as well. Theres no social area and no kitchen. And yes, it's far.

It has the best and comfy beds and pillows I've ever saw in a hostel. The facilities are very nice and modern and they keep it very clean. The only con is the location, it's far away from the old city and the centre and also I didn't like that thr bathrooms were on another floor. Besides that I would definitrly recommed recomend it!

Just stayed the one night and we thought it was great. The staff were brilliant and could recommend fab places to eat close by. The hostel is a really cool set up and although a 34 bed dorm in a basement sounds awful it is actually pretty great. The bar is pretty good but if you are wanting to go into the centre you have to take the tram, it was about a 45 minute walk. Would definitely go back next time I'm in Prague.

The showers were amazing! The breakfast was really good and the hostel was very clean with lots of bathrooms so didn't have to wait to use the loo. A bit further out of town but easy to get the tram to the centre. Nice beer garden nearby as well!

This hostel was pretty great for the most part. I was there during an incredibly hot week so the lack of even a fan in the rooms made it a bit unbearable. The hostel was very clean and the staff was friendly. They also have a very nice little pub in the basement which did an all you can eat breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was alright. The only issue that arose was they overbooked the room I was in and I have heard this happen to a few people but the staff was quick to fix it.

I stayed in a 36 bed dorm. I had very low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised! The room was well sectioned, so the dorm didnt feel quite so big. Each bed had its own power supply, lamp, curtain and locker beneath the bed. There were separate shower rooms and toilets for men and women, so rarely any queues. Staff were helpful with tram locations, and sold tickets at the main desk. The only downsides were that breakfast seemed a bit on the pricey side and the place was way too hot!

I've already been to some of the "best world hostels", and that's one of the reasons why I choose this one. Firstly , while I was in a 30 bed dormitory and didn't expect a lot of confort , the room smelt like sweat and the bathrooms smelt weird too. Also, it was very difficult to open the lockers under the bed . The location was not that great either. It was a 25-35 minute walk from the city centre. theres public transport, tough. It was not overall bad but there are better and cheaper places

Amazing vibe, a really cool place, lovely and helpful staff who showed us around and even allowed us a shower long before our check-in time after a long train! We stayed in the 30+-bed dorm which we were all very apprehensive about but the underground room it was in and the people we met were great. Also LOVED the bar area! Breakfast could have been cheaper, but otherwise fantastic stay.

• 26th Jun 2015

This was the first hostel I have ever stayed in, and I could not be more happy with my first hostel experience. The atmosphere Czech Inn has created is the very best part. I felt very safe, everything is clean, and while the location isn't exactly ideal, the transportation into the city is simple and quick. My next trip to Prague will undoubtedly include a stay here at the Czech Inn.

• 25th Jun 2015

comfortable bed, nice staff

Great value for money, the beds were comfy. Nice bar next door. Would definitely stay here again

Cool place, fun time, good location. The 34-36 bed rooms are not worth it. A lot of noise and the lights never turn off. If you say in one bring ear plugs and something to cover your eyes. Not much common area. If I were to go back to Prague I would look elsewhere for accommodation. However, I was told that the private rooms were really nice (actual flats). So if you are willing to fork over the extra cash it would be a great place to stay.

The Czech Inn had the atmosphere of a hostel but the facilities, looks and staff of a hotel. The location was a bit out of town but everything was accessible by the tram right out the front. We spent 5 nights here and loved it. The bathrooms and beds were amazing. Breakfast was pretty good and the staff were incredibly helpful. The only downside was a lack of a PowerPoint close to each bunk and no reading light. Apart from that excellent value for money and I highly recommend you stay here!!

Great staff - very friendly and helped to create a great atmosphere

• 23rd Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are delighted you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you back soon. Safe travels :)

Awesome hostel and it made our time in Prague so much better. A little far from the city center if you want to walk but a great atmosphere and accommodations.

This is great to hear. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. It's really appreciated. Hope to see you back in the near future. Happy Travels :)

Really awesome hostel. The staff went out of their way to help me and I felt were very competent and caring when helping deal with issues Id had. The hostel atmosphere was friendly and fun, and the bar downstairs was great. One of the best hostels I've bern in Europe. The only negative of the hostel is its location, as its inconveniently far from the old town. Overall though Id strongly recommend it and stay there again.

I really enjoyed my time at the Czech Inn. Right when you walk in, the staff gave you a map and thoroughly explained all the sites and how to get there. The rooms were nice and clean and we had a bathroom with a shower in the room. I felt like the hostel had everything I needed and I would absolutely stay there again.

The Czech in was really nice. It was really clean and I felt like my stuff was safe even being in a 34 bed room. We were not super close to the Prague castle and other things but it's really easy to get there by bus. It's hard to complain about much when the rooms are so inexpensive.