Czech Inn Reviews

Francouzska 76, Prague, Czech Republic

The reason we booked room with the Czech Inn is because they advertised on their website that they have air conditioning...when we arrived the AC didnt work and the staff said it had not worked in a while and didnt know when it would be fixed. We would have booked a room somewhere else if we would have know their was no AC.

• 12th Aug 2015

Thanks for staying with us and for your feedback. Actually we do not advertise having AC as we do not have AC. However, we are in the process of installing it for next year though for private rooms.

I have to remark the staff. They were really helpfull, friendly and took the time to help you. Not just one but all of them. The atmosphere in front of the hostel was really good. People hanging around talking and sipping the beer, easy to contact. I felt like 85% of the people in the hostel were younger than 25 and that everybody is staying there for just two or three days. Depending on your likings this can be a good or a bad thing.

Literally the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Can't wait to return to Prague and stay here again! The sheets and bedding felt hotel quality, the bathrooms were empty and large and the staff was wonderful.

Fantastic hostel with a lot of character. No air con but what do you expect ! Highly recommend.

I had awesome stay and best ever roommates that made my trip even more fantastic. Place is cool and facilities are feeling-new, clean and nice. Under bed lockers are were also very smart solution - raise my hat for that. Place is über secure. If something to nag about, I would say that ppl hunging infront of main doors make a bit noise during early hours, so if you appreciate silence, summer with open windows is bit difficult. But still, me - used to Istanbul noises, I slept like a baby.

The hostel design was very cool and contemporary. We liked the concrete showers and bespoke welded beds! It was impossibly hot in the city whilst we were staying and the room was pretty boiling too. In the four bed door we were in, it was spacious with high ceilings but the small fan provided did not really cool it down! There was also no communal kitchen.

Thanks very much for staying with us and for your honest review. The weather has been a little extreme lately. Next year we should have air con in our private rooms ;) Hope to see you back soon.

Great place, friendly staff!!

Only stayed one night here and I'm glad it wasn't much more than that. The hostel is located in a pretty dodgy part of town with drunks/junkies shouting all night. The hostel itself is quite large but has a very confusing layout. Facilities need attention. Beds were loud and uncomfortable. Plus side is lockers underneath beds available. It's a typical party hostel and has all the signs of it. If you're a solo backpacker it would suit you. Not if you need to get sleep.

Thank you for staying with us and your feedback. It's appreciated. I am really sorry you feel that way. Maybe you had a bad encounter on the night you stayed. I have to say we are located in a great area of Prague and that Prague is generally a very safe place. I definitely wouldn't sat we're a 'Party Hostel' either. It was hot and I guess most people wanted to be outside. We do hope you try us again and hopefully next time stay longer than 1 night so you can see what we are really like. Thanks

Had a nice atmosphere, staff were friendly and helpful.

We took the 34 bed dorm, it was in the basement, very cool and unique room. The tap water tasted like chlorine/swimming pool water. Lost most of my clothes there. I left the hostel at 4 pm for dinner, and put a plastic bag of used (to be washed in the evening) clothes on my bed. Later came back around 8, and the bag was gone, with 8 dirty tshirts and other stuffs. Went to the receptionist and they knew nothing. The people around my bed also knew nothing. And the cleaning lady knew no English.

The mixed dorm is in the basement with no air, other than that hostel is very good.

Really easy to get around from this hostel. Wish we got to try the bar, because the whole place had a great atmosphere. Big plus - there was a fan in the room, which is so necessary on those hot nights!

• 7th Aug 2015

Really nice hostel had everything we wanted!

Didn't stay overnight because I got hurt and needed to rest in an AC'd room. But the staff was incredibly helpful - they found a new place for me and gave me a full refund on my two nights. Very impressed.

Modern hoste with a proximity to the center. however the atmosphere is quite "cold", even though the place is cool. Bar in the basement with good beers, and happy hours.

This place was awesome, great, friendly, helpful staff, great bar atmosphere, breakfast was tasty, everything clean and the people who stay there tpo are so cool. I stayed for five nights alone and each night i was meeting cool, friendly people, getting dinner and drinks and going on tours together. Never once felt alone. It was hands down one of my best hostel experiences! Location is not in the city center but tuere so much cheap transportation into the city which is not far at all!

best part of my current travels was my time spent here at Czech Inn. I met people that would later join me in my travels, very special place, plus happy hour 😝you gotta try the walking tours and beer tours advised bu this hostel! they are amazing

Thank you so much for your review. It is really appreciated! We are really proud to hear this. We hope to see you again in the near future. Happy Travels :)

This is a great hostel. Really clean and modern with friendly staff. It not in the center of town, but the tram stops right out the front. There is an amazing vegetarian restaurant just down the road that is a must try if you are vegetarian.

Definitely a hostel for eighteen year olds. Quite far away from the main town. Rooms are cramped and I never once saw ours cleaned whilst staying there. The bathroom was five minutes down the hallway so very inconvenient especially at night very noisy from both the road and the all night drinking, and smoke comes in through the windows at all hours. Staff were brisk and unhelpful. A nice hostel if you dot intend to see Prague!

Absolutely brilliant. Me and my boyfriend stayed in the 36 mixed dorm. We thought it would be a good laugh and couldn't say no to the cost. It wasn't daunting at all being in such a large room of strangers and the staff were lovely. Brilliant breakfast (pancakes!) and a great bar. The only issue is lack of air con as it was very hot!