7.7
Very Good 89 Total Reviews
7.7
Very Good 89 Total Reviews
DBC Hostel Located at Csengery str 11, , Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest Pest 1074 Csengery str 11
77% 89
47.5028518 19.0698784
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
17th Aug 2016

The staff were so lovely and got our room ready for us in such little time despite us arriving early. Thank you for being so helpful! Quite basic in terms of facilities but has everything you need and washing clothes is super cheap.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
13th Aug 2016
2.9

Even though it is one of the cheapest hostels in Budapest it is nowhere near worth it. Staff don't know what they are doing, or do not care. We had emailed them multiple times without response. When we finally did get a room it was just disgusting, the bathroom was absolutely flooded for the entire length of our trip- I think they just don't care even though we complained. There is no toliet paper and the hostel looks like it has never been cleaned. We had booked 3 nights but left after 1- awful

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Aug 2016
5.1

Staff were helpful, & the atmosphere great, but everything else left a bad taste in my mouth. No consistent check-in system because I checked in in the morning, did some exploring, & when I got back someone had their stuff all over my bed & thought it was there's. When I went to reception to explain they looked at me like I was crazy. It was eventually resolved, but still not ideal. Also, no secure place to hold luggage, so don't take valuables. Finally, there was a dead bug on the wall.

• France, Mixed Group, 25-30
12th Aug 2016

I went there with some friends for Sziget and the hostel was défintely cool, I would recommend it (a fridge in our 4 beds private room!) Unfortunately, a window on the top (so no security problems) was missing, cool for the fresh air but the atmosphere is great in this hostel so there is noise till late..

• England, Female, 31-40
8th Aug 2016
6.6

A basic hostel which was fine for the one night I was there. There did not seem to be a huge amount of security (except on the front door) and nowhere to store things securely. The location was great for the train station but not ideal for seeing the main sights. I did like the courtyard for relaxing and the staff were very helpful with airport transfers etc.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6th Aug 2016
8.0

The DBC was a very fun, unique hostel. The shower curtain was pretty gross (I'd bring flips flops for the shower), the elements on the stove didn't work and although the rooms locked there was nowhere to lock personal valuables. I would recommend this hostel, but know what you're getting into!

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
2nd Aug 2016
6.6

The hostel is well situated, metro is not that far away. There is also passcode to enter the building. The hostel is very big so there is not a lot of possibilities to meet some people, unless you travel as a group. The rooms are alright, the beds are really comfortable but there is not a lot of plugs. No lockers to put the bags in!! The kitchen is not usable. One pan, two forks, one knife... But if you can forget all of this, it is not a bad hostel. We had a great stay.

29th Jul 2016

This is the second time I stay at this hostel. The staff here are so nice, relaxed and trying to give you the best experience. First time I stayed here there weren't that many people here and that was great for hanging out in the common area, but this time there were a lot of big groups and it was kind of hard to meet people. I guess it just depends on the day. Would stay again.

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2016

Nagyon kedves hely, sok emberrel ismerkedtem meg amíg itt voltam. Egyedül voltam egy szobában, ami tágas volt és tiszta. Legközelebb is itt alszom, ha jövök Budapestre.

• Croatia, Male, 41+
27th Jul 2016

Amazing hostel, good value for money, perfect location, just few minutes walk from metro, tram, Andrassy street and Pest historic center. The staff was very helpful with suggestions. Clean and good atmosphere. Definitely coming back! Anton, Croatia