DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

Very friendly staff, gave a lot of helpful tips. Rooms were clean and wifi good. Not much of an atmosphere but I was there alone and there was one other big group which kept to themselves. Would stay here again. Walking distance to good bars and food.

We had a very pleasant stay at the hostel. We were in a four bed room. For hostel standards the room was quite big and had a very nice bathroom. It was super clean. Mike who checked us in was really friendly. The promised pancake mix was not there the first morning but was refilled instantly when we told the staff. The kitchen is good for cooking. The location is good, you need maybe 20min to walk into the museum area. I can recommend the hostel.

I never really got a good nights sleep here because of all the talking below our window from the people congregated on the front steps. This was my first time at a hostel, so I did not have high expectations. However, I DID expect to get a hot shower during my stay here, which I did not! For as much as they tell you to run the facet water before taking a shower, it still did NOT work. The staff is the best thing about staying at this hostel. They were great!

• 21st Jul 2015

The atmosphere it was great, but the cleanliness a little poor, the bed are getting old, so they're not comfortable anyomore.

Though the hostel was clean and the staff kind, the lack of fans on the third floor, low pressure showers, and over crowded bathrooms were a bit annoying.

Easy to find and with good connection. The first night was a nightmare, since the AC didn't work and it was horrible for the whole room (over 33° celcius) . We had to fix the problem by ourselves before the staff solved it at the next day. There was just one person on the front desk, so we has overwhelmed with people checking in and out several times. A bag of clothes I was about to wash was stolen (a 300 USD lost), is the first time I lost something in the 17 countries I have visited before.

The location was excellent and we did not spend a lot of time in the hostel to properly enjoy the facilities and the staff but the hygiene was outrageons! We arrived after 10pm, so no staff member was there to great us. Once we got to our rooms, we discovered a chewed gum sticked to the supposedly clean shits, there was no toilette paper, and for our whole stay (three days, two nights) we had no hot water. Had I known, I would have booked elsewhere.

• 17th Jul 2015

Hey, I would've stayed longer. It was a lot like being back in school, but without the papers to write. Compared to the cost of hotels, you spend pocket change. Enjoyed meeting people from all over. Even the one who snored like a freight train.

• 15th Jul 2015

I have a good fealing for the service. I only think this is a very bad design hotel. Do you imagine, there ara no windows, no proper roof for each room. Who designed this? 50 years ago i found such an hotel in Guatemala. You propose quitte the same. I imaginef to be in a prison.

Stayed in 4 person, female only room with attached bathroom. Very clean, quiet, and safe. Nice patios in back. Very walkable to metro and downtown.

• 10th Jul 2015

Everything is perfect except for hot water. It says it's a special environmental friendly system and the hostel has a note on how to keep the hot water running, but I don't quite understand how it works. And usually, adter a day's trip, I just want to take a shower in hot water and go to sleep without thinking how to gain hot water. It's summer now so cold water is acceptable..,

I arrived at 11pm, I was able to make a late check in, that was very usefull

Had a great time over there. The stuff is extremely friendly and helpful. The common area is great to get to know new people. Had a wonderful time.

The carpet can be cleaned, a towel rack can be easily installed and appreciated by the guest.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Reasonably comfortable room with good security measures in place. The hostel itself was clean but lacking a bit in atmosphere - it could use some renovations in some areas and some small touches to brighten the place up a bit. Friendly staff and the facilities were adequate with the exception of the shower which was a pain to use and took some time to get good temperature and water pressure but was never really satisfactory. Overall good but there is definitely room for improvement.

Staff was friendly and professional. Decent location, feels safe. The atmosphere is calm. However, one damper is that the showers are a cold dribble of water! Showers definitely need an upgrade.

The bathroom and showers were really gross. The common areas were nice the location great but I just couldn't past how nasty bathrooms were.

They were undergoing some renovation when I stayed there, which was a bit inconvenient (the tap water in the kitchen was cut off for an hour or so) I suggest checking with them if the renovation is still going on when you book the room.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

This is overpriced for what you actually get. We've got the room in the basement and hell it was damp, smelly, dark and extremely dirty. Sockets were loose. for the 6 nights we've stayed there was no cleaning done at all. Actually, we've inherited the dirt possibly from previous tenants. Rather pay a bit more and get a decent place if you want some comfort. The common areas were dark and there was loud rock music playing every day. Not a nice place!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Everything at the DC lofty was perfect! Great atmosphere, great staff, kitchen is very big, comfortable and clean. You can cook anything in that kitchen! Good location- You can walk anywhere you want, and if you dont like walking, take the bus/ metro! So easy. Wifi could be better, and the hostel dorms&bathrooms could use a little renovation :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4