DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

Flexible staff and rules. Clean and friendly.

Great Hostel. It's clean and comfortable. Kitchen facilities are good. Could do with another couple of showers/bathroom facilities. Staff are friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay at DC Lofty and would recommend it to other potential guests.

Good hostel!!

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Israel

Mike was exceptionally helpful and a wealth of knowledge.

• 24th Sep 2014

Very well located and value for money.

• 19th Sep 2014

Cool staff, up for a drink!

professional personal service....very nice and very much appreciated..

this is a library, this hostel is no place for a tourist. if you are a tourist or young traveller this is not the place for you. most of the hostel is for internship students and workers. hence, a very strict rules applied. such as taking of your shoes, NO alcohol or any kind of fun games except chess as i remember. not allowed even to put your feet on the coach, else you pay a fine of 25$. some of the staff are so rude with no reason but still manger was nice enough to take complains and solve.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Egypt

hey there, thanks for your review. It doesn't seem to fit any of the previous reviews we've gotten, so maybe it was for the wrong hostel. We do allow alcohol, and take folks over to the roof top pool and jacuzzi for free Tuesday/Thursdays, where that is encouraged! There are no fines incurred ever, and no rules. We have FREE walking tours DAILY, discounts to all paid museums, tours, segways, bikes; as well as we take folks out, or play poker inside as requested! THANKS

Nice hostel for price paid however there was a mix up with the booking and one member of our group had to sleep on the couch. luckily we didnt mind too much and got a refund!

• 6th Sep 2014

Place took me a while to find but once there it is a decent location. They have computers, printing and two big tvs with Netflix on which was really cool.

Great place. Good staff and nice rooms.

The only reason I came here was because the hostel that I wanted was not available to me. While there are much worst places that I could've ended up, avoid this hostel at all cost! Only stay here if all other options have failed and you're in danger of sleeping on the street!

Nice stuff. location, and really goo deal!!!

• Japan

I didnt like the carpet. It was nasty!!!

• 29th Aug 2014

hey there, we didn't like it too. So we have removed it from 3 rooms already and have put in hardwood flooring =). We also provide you free slippers to wear while staying with us, in case you're not a big fan of walking barefoot =). We will be upgrading all rooms to hardwood flooring!

Really nice place! The beds are really comfortable and the kitchen and living room are very nice. The ambiance is definitely the best!

• Spain

Nice staff & guests, but AC didn't work and toilet was out of order.

The stuff was helpful, the hostel was clean, security was good (both the hostel and the room locked with codes).

The wiring in this building is problematic which means that the air conditioning among other things in some of the single units is spotty. I spent hours waiting for the staff to correctly troubleshoot the a/c...not how I wanted to spend what I was hoping would be a relaxing evening in after a long day out. Although the staff is nice, when you have facilities issues like these it makes for a frustrating stay.

• 27th Aug 2014

hey there, thank you for your comments. We have 4 zoned general HVAC, however there are a two rooms on the top floor that do get warmer, as they face the sun all day as well on crazy hot dc summers. For that reason we also have additional window units to help, and we found the problem was not with wiring (phew) but with the unit itself, and have since replaced it! So in general it's cool, and hot summer days it's cool too!

The no shoes inside thing is weird but you get over it.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I stayed here for 5 nights during my first week of grad school in dc. I walked everyday to near McPherson square and it was very easy and also mt Vernon metro was pretty short distance. Good location overall. As a single female I always felt safe coming and going from the hostel. There are 3 refridgerators and all the cooking supplies I needed. The hostel had a friendly vibe with common areas that people hung out in. Also outlets beside each bed are always a plus. Would stay here again!

• 24th Aug 2014