DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

They advertise wifi and storage room in their page: The storage room isn't secured in any way other than a camera. The wifi wasn't available in our floor. The blinds in our room was stuck, and even though I reported it, they didn't fix it. Overall, a cheap place to stay, and if you're hassle free, you can stay here. Lots of common space to hang out, which was a plus.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

The room was a good size and the bed wasn't so bad. Paid for the ensuite but the shower was freezing for absolutely everyone and there was no screen to stop the water soaking the entire rest room. Nice chill out areas although a bit on the warm side. Room was nice and cool on the first floor.

• 22nd Aug 2015

The hostel was great, really nice staff and common areas. Rooms were a good size and had comfortable beds but showers were terrible and we had to ask staff to clean the bathrooms, restock toilet paper and empty bins. There weren't any social activities like pub crawls so travelling solo would have been difficult. If you want a night out go to Marvin which is a cool bar on 14th street!

Within walking distance to all major attractions. Beds were comfortable and clean, had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend it!

• 19th Aug 2015

Mike the manager was very welcoming. I was only in DC for a day and this hostel couldn't have been better for a quick sight see trip. Great place and will be coming back again!!

• 19th Aug 2015

I really loved my room (Nr. 13), especially the chandelier, even though it was kind of complicated to figure out how it works. Other than that I was glad I could finally do some laundry, I really loved hanging out on the porch with some of the other guests and it was great that the staff joined us for a late smoke. Definitely a hostel I would return to, if I ever get to go to DC again.

Great Staff! A box of free cereals for breakfast would be just a huge plus!

• 13th Aug 2015

Decent experience. No hot water (the advice to run the sink and shower at the same time did not work and was wasteful) and there was hair all over the bathroom. It was fine for this trip, but I would think twice before returned by.

• 11th Aug 2015

Good place to stay for our 1 night in DC

I had a great time at this hostel! The staff were courteous and responsible; they obviously care about cleanliness. The guests were well-behaved. The kitchen was well-equipped, with plenty of refrigerators to store your own food. They even have free ice and filtered water. I stayed in a clean bedroom with bunk beds, which had an adjacent bathroom. The shower water pressure was fine, although the water never got past lukewarm. AC was on most of the time!

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

DC Lofty is an affordable and cool place to stay. The staff is nice and the atmosphere was pretty good.

Very friendly staff, gave a lot of helpful tips. Rooms were clean and wifi good. Not much of an atmosphere but I was there alone and there was one other big group which kept to themselves. Would stay here again. Walking distance to good bars and food.

hey there, thanks for your comments and that sucks! We had a group just the other day that was also 10 people, but they were cool and inclusive, and almost a third of the hostel ended up going out together. In DC, sometimes groups come for the museums and attractions. So it is more common to have relaxed times at the hostel, as folks are tired from walking all day, and just need a nice and relaxing place to come back to. thanks

We had a very pleasant stay at the hostel. We were in a four bed room. For hostel standards the room was quite big and had a very nice bathroom. It was super clean. Mike who checked us in was really friendly. The promised pancake mix was not there the first morning but was refilled instantly when we told the staff. The kitchen is good for cooking. The location is good, you need maybe 20min to walk into the museum area. I can recommend the hostel.

I never really got a good nights sleep here because of all the talking below our window from the people congregated on the front steps. This was my first time at a hostel, so I did not have high expectations. However, I DID expect to get a hot shower during my stay here, which I did not! For as much as they tell you to run the facet water before taking a shower, it still did NOT work. The staff is the best thing about staying at this hostel. They were great!

• 21st Jul 2015

The atmosphere it was great, but the cleanliness a little poor, the bed are getting old, so they're not comfortable anyomore.

Though the hostel was clean and the staff kind, the lack of fans on the third floor, low pressure showers, and over crowded bathrooms were a bit annoying.

Easy to find and with good connection. The first night was a nightmare, since the AC didn't work and it was horrible for the whole room (over 33° celcius) . We had to fix the problem by ourselves before the staff solved it at the next day. There was just one person on the front desk, so we has overwhelmed with people checking in and out several times. A bag of clothes I was about to wash was stolen (a 300 USD lost), is the first time I lost something in the 17 countries I have visited before.

hey there, thank you for letting us know. We're sorry about the AC situation, one of the guests simply turned it off, as we have 4 locations where each zone can be adjusted. We've decided to let the guests have input over this, in case they want to make changes over night, and we're not a 24 hour staffed hostel. During the office hours though, all of our staff members are fully capable of dealing with things, as we have a separate cleaning staff to allow front desk person to work with guests.

The location was excellent and we did not spend a lot of time in the hostel to properly enjoy the facilities and the staff but the hygiene was outrageons! We arrived after 10pm, so no staff member was there to great us. Once we got to our rooms, we discovered a chewed gum sticked to the supposedly clean shits, there was no toilette paper, and for our whole stay (three days, two nights) we had no hot water. Had I known, I would have booked elsewhere.

• 17th Jul 2015

hey there, our office hours are until 10PM for new arrivals, and we do allow late check-in option, where you can arrive at any time, but staff may not be there if it's very late. We check on supplies multiple times a day, and refill to the maximum, so likely other guests had taken 2-4 rolls of toilet paper. Also we checked, and can confirm that hot water never stopped working, as it does use tank-less water heaters. I'm sorry for your misunderstanding, and if the gum was missed =(

Hey, I would've stayed longer. It was a lot like being back in school, but without the papers to write. Compared to the cost of hotels, you spend pocket change. Enjoyed meeting people from all over. Even the one who snored like a freight train.

• 15th Jul 2015

I have a good fealing for the service. I only think this is a very bad design hotel. Do you imagine, there ara no windows, no proper roof for each room. Who designed this? 50 years ago i found such an hotel in Guatemala. You propose quitte the same. I imaginef to be in a prison.

hey there, thank you for your review, but it seemingly is for another hostel. We do have windows in every room, and obviously everything is covered by the house roof. Out of our TWO locations, this one is purposely meant to be like "home away from home", so it doesn't have the same design aspect that Capital View hostel actually does. Please check out our pictures, as nearly every spot is represented truthfully on our website, thank you!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4