DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

Hostel is fine. A bit noisy. A generator or something else is making a lot of noise in the backyard. So bring earplugs. Hostel isn't located realy close to downtown, but there's a bus nearby that takes you there for one dollar.

This is an adequate place to stay in the district, relatively near the Metro. One thumb up. ;-)

• 18th May 2015

Great location ang very friendly, helpful staff.

• 13th May 2015
  • Finland

Kitchen is so small, no place to eat. The room code system sometimes didn't work well, other guests could open my room 2 times while I stayed in the room. facilities- they gave permanent alike instruction for using hot shower in the room I stayed.I hope they fix it soon.

The hostel is located near the major touristic sites. Very knowledgeable staff.

• 4th May 2015

Everything was great apart from the showers that might need a little upgrade:)

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

I came to this hostel for one night, but then decided to stay longer. Hostel is located close to national mall. Place was clean and staff was greate, made me feel like at home. especially Mike was very helpfull and gave me many advices about DC. From all Hostels ive been staying in this one i enjoyed the most.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Other than the hot water being a little unusual and inconsistent, the stay was very comfortable. I'd totally go back there when I visit DC again. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 25th Apr 2015

The facilities are very very old... you try to feel every stair before putting your whole weight on it. The shower upstairs: I needed to wait for 5 minutes until the water finally turned hot in the shower, but the pressure was so weak it took around two minutes to wet the whole body. The sink didn't drain. Living room facilities, TV, PC's and kitchen are very good. Both Melaney and Michael were excellent.

The water pressure is horrible in this hostel. The hostel is aware of this problem but has done nothing to fix it. It is also hard to control the hot and cold water which is a safety issue. The refridgerator in the kitchen needs to be cleaned. The lighting in the hostel is low. Room 6 has a red exit light (inside the room) that is constantly on (all night long). I would never stay here again.

• 22nd Apr 2015

nice place! and the host was very kind and helpful

• 17th Apr 2015
  • China

The staff were fantastically friendly, and the rooms were clean and safe. I stayed there for 6 nights for a conference and had a great time. The only thing wrong was that the owner, a woman from Lithuania, made me wait almost half an hour to check in because she was "in a meeting" in the back.

It was comfortable and cozy! Mike was one of the staff's there and he was helpful! Also, especially knowing that he was from the pacific northwest (as I am a Seattleite!) made me even more at home at DC-lofty! Thanks for being hospitable Mike!

Great stay! Clean and comfortable! The bed was quite comfortable Only downside was the shower! The shower was basically a dribble of water, and had no water pressure at all, although it was nice and hot! Apart from the shower water pressure it was a great stay and the staff were very friendly!

• 4th Apr 2015

Small and pretty friendly place near the centre of columbia district D.C. for really good price. If you are young and like travelling and don't want to spend huge amount of money this place is for DC Lofty is definitely for you.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Georgia

It's an old building so I had to haul my suitcase up 2 flights of stairs. The biggest drawback is their water heater. It takes a long time for hot water to come out of the shower. Forget hot water in the bathroom sinks. At least there's free internet computers.

The building is very old - floors and doors creaked so it was hard falling asleep with all the noise from fellow travelers. Also, the hostel was kept at 78 degrees which is far too hot for my comfort. It's a good walk to get anywhere but I felt safe. The hostel has $15/day parking out back which was nice. Towels and small lockers were provided.

hey there, thank you for your review. We have tried to purposely maintain the look of an older building, meanwhile all of the showers/beds/bed lights/TVs/kitchen appliances are new. Sorry if the temperature was not the best, as we're looking for something where everyone would be happy, and we do have multi-zone HVAC system to work on that. We'll work on the floors (actually already started with quite a few rooms!)

my overall stayed was AMAZING next time im in DC I'll definitely stay again!!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • mrodwell17

The hostel is generally clean and comfortable but my issue whilst staying there was that the shower was ice cold. With the cost per night being quite high for a hostel I would at least expect to be able to take a comfortable shower.

• 13th Mar 2015

hey there, this is a recurring issue, and I'm sorry if at check-in it wasn't explained. We do have hot water 100% of the time, through the use of On-Demand heaters. If not used much at the time, hot water takes a bit of time to arrive, and we suggest turning the faucet AND shower on the same time, to have it arrive fast - once there the water stays very hot, thank you for your review.

The hostel is not terribly far from the International hostel on Eleventh Street. Overall the hostel is pretty good. It's spacious and the staff was pretty friendly. The only downside to my stay was the showers. The left handle of the shower (labeled as "hot") was quite unstable and I felt it was going to break at any point. Hot water did come after having to wait several minutes. Be aware that you could be placed with a person of the opposite gender.

hey there, thanks for your review. We'll check all of our showers, and make sure all handles are strong on there! The tank-less water heaters do work like magic, they may just take a few minutes to pump out the cold water in the pipes, if you're the first one taking a shower in recent times. And yes, if you do book a mixed room, we would potentially have mixed gender guests. Thanks so much!

« first « Prev 1 2 3