DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

this is a library, this hostel is no place for a tourist. if you are a tourist or young traveller this is not the place for you. most of the hostel is for internship students and workers. hence, a very strict rules applied. such as taking of your shoes, NO alcohol or any kind of fun games except chess as i remember. not allowed even to put your feet on the coach, else you pay a fine of 25$. some of the staff are so rude with no reason but still manger was nice enough to take complains and solve.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Egypt

Nice hostel for price paid however there was a mix up with the booking and one member of our group had to sleep on the couch. luckily we didnt mind too much and got a refund!

• 6th Sep 2014

Place took me a while to find but once there it is a decent location. They have computers, printing and two big tvs with Netflix on which was really cool.

Great place. Good staff and nice rooms.

The only reason I came here was because the hostel that I wanted was not available to me. While there are much worst places that I could've ended up, avoid this hostel at all cost! Only stay here if all other options have failed and you're in danger of sleeping on the street!

Nice stuff. location, and really goo deal!!!

• Japan

I didnt like the carpet. It was nasty!!!

• 29th Aug 2014

Really nice place! The beds are really comfortable and the kitchen and living room are very nice. The ambiance is definitely the best!

• Spain

Nice staff & guests, but AC didn't work and toilet was out of order.

• 29th Aug 2014

The stuff was helpful, the hostel was clean, security was good (both the hostel and the room locked with codes).

The wiring in this building is problematic which means that the air conditioning among other things in some of the single units is spotty. I spent hours waiting for the staff to correctly troubleshoot the a/c...not how I wanted to spend what I was hoping would be a relaxing evening in after a long day out. Although the staff is nice, when you have facilities issues like these it makes for a frustrating stay.

• 27th Aug 2014

The no shoes inside thing is weird but you get over it.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I stayed here for 5 nights during my first week of grad school in dc. I walked everyday to near McPherson square and it was very easy and also mt Vernon metro was pretty short distance. Good location overall. As a single female I always felt safe coming and going from the hostel. There are 3 refridgerators and all the cooking supplies I needed. The hostel had a friendly vibe with common areas that people hung out in. Also outlets beside each bed are always a plus. Would stay here again!

• 24th Aug 2014

Very clean hostel, with free wifi and free computers. Common room very clean and comfortable. 6-bed room very nice! Comfortable beds. Definetly recommended!

The staff are nice. The facilities are fine. The leaking hot tap in our shower scolded us a few times. Very loud air conditioning so needed ear plugs. Could do with a lick of paint and modernising to keep up with other hostels but overall ok. I would stay again.

Very good stay for two nights, stayed in my own little room inside a room with a friend. Showers were great, not far from main attractions in city like white house

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay. Friendly staff and decent rooms. Rooms are a bit all over the place but some might enjoy this.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff member who greeted us was exceptionally rude and went out of his way to make our welcome to the hostel absolutely appalling, to the point where had it not been late at night we would have moved to another hostel. We reserved four beds in a room of six but when we arrived he told us we would have to split up and he couldn't do anything about it because working at the hostel wasn't his 'real' job. He further went on to tell my friend to 'stop acting like a little girl and grow up'.

• 20th Aug 2014

The hostel could be not the cheaper, but definitely is a amazing place, everything is clean and well organized.

• 17th Aug 2014

It was very extrange that they ask you to take your shoes off on the door! But otherwise it was fine!!! Nice kitchen and beds!

• 13th Aug 2014