DC Lofty - Convention Center

7.9
Very Good 2034 Total Reviews

13th May 2017
6.3

no one at all overnight bathroom lacked cleanliness and somewhere to put our clothes, yet it was very spacious I wish the bathroom had a shelf, or some hooks and a plastic/rubber mat in the shower or outside of it so when we come out soaking wet it was too hot to sleep as the heat was turned way up I was charged a whole day's time for parking even though I stayed an extra hour in the spot and it would have been nice and thoughtful of the staff to tell me that parking in DC is free on Sunday

8th May 2017

Spent only two night, the location if perfect by bike. Staff are really friendly, pizza night with NBA playoff. Cool.

8th May 2017

The state of the sheets and bathrooms were /meh/ and my room had an exit sign that basically made the entire room bright red at night (so you definitely need an eye mask) but other than that, it was great. Nice atmosphere, secure building and room, quiet upstairs, pretty close to the metro stop. Overall good stay for the price.

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40
5th May 2017
7.1

Stayed in the private room. Last minute booking so this was the best price I could find for a decent private room. It seems pretty clean in my room. Elsewhere around the hostel, it is decent but I'll bottomline it: I think the walls and doors could do with some washing. The private room is on the top most floor. Shared bathroom. There is a clean standalone shower and a public sink. There is another three piece bathroom round the corner upstairs with poor water pressure and a very sticky door.

• USA, Male, 25-30
29th Apr 2017

Great location. The building has seen better days but the beds are comfy and the staff was very friendly/helpful. My only beef with the place is the cleanliness of the bathroom off of my room - there was pink scunge/mold throughout the shower.

25th Apr 2017

Pros: Each bed has a reading light, outlet, and corresponding locker (you bring the lock). Staff was super friendly and the inside was clean and charming. The front door and bedroom doors are secured with a code. Close enough walk to every metro line so you don't have to transfer. Cons: Breakfast is pancake mix powder without instructions. If you store your bag after checkout, be aware that the storage area is not locked, so don't leave any valuables and you won't have a problem.

thank you for your comment. We've placed clearer instructions on the pancake mix. We hope providing free pancake mix, peanut butter, syrup, coffee, tea, sugar, creamers will count as better breakfast than maybe just cereal with bread and butter. Also we can hold valuable in the office folks - until 10PM.

• USA, Female, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

Very nice hostel! My only complaint is the mattress on the top bunk was sagging very badly with only a single crossbar supporting it. My boyfriend had no problem with the bottom bunk.

Hey there, maybe you saw we've updates supports for multiple bunk beds, as in US the options are a bit limited on that. Either way we'll get your bed checked out where you stayed, and make sure it has new supports. Thank you!

• markosraj1692
  • Slovenia, Male, 25-30
19th Apr 2017
7.1

The place was pretty quiet and nothing was going on in the hostel. I guess if you're looking for a quiet hostel this is the place to be.

• Malaysia, Male, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

Very good environment to stay. different public spaces to spend for social activities so wont affect your sleep night.

• USA, Male, 41+
3rd Apr 2017

Very nice overall, great staff....location is fantastic! Could have better water pressure in 3rd floor shower I used, but the bathrooms were kept very clean!! I truly enjoyed my stay and would def stay there again.