DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

If you are interested in staying in clean, relatively quiet and well-maintained place in DC in great location this is the place for you. I stayed in 4-female only room and we had our own shower. Enough space. Yes, weird shower system where you had to have both the sink n shower turned on to have hot water. Also, most people here staying for work: interview, job/apartment search, conferences/business meetings so it is not very social. Overall, great value for money, considering the area!

• 26th Oct 2014

not enough and clean bathrooms!!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Though I had a padlock, I couldn't use it b/c the base that I had to attach it to was too thick. The shower in our 4 bed female dorm room was low-flow, wouldn't work for hot water unless the sink was also on -- and then only after waiting forever. And when you're trying to get out of there for a reason, that's a bit frustrating. I do seriously appreciate the effort to be environmentally friendly though. I really appreciated the nearness to the Convention Center.

Security: was ok, but it would be better if they would change the codes for the doors on regularly base. Cleanliness: the hostel was ok, but it wasn't clean. The shower was dirty and there were problems with the toilet downstairs. Beds weren't great, mattresses were a bit old. Haven't seen them cleaning the rooms (except the sheets).

• 21st Oct 2014

I had terrible experience with this hostel. The bedroom was in a freezing cold and dark basement. The bathroom window was broken so people can see you from outside the hostel and the bathroom is very cold too. There is no hot water in the shower. I told the hostel owner about the issues but he was extremely rude.By the way,the hostel has no elevator and the stairs are narrow and high. If you have a suitcase you may have problems moving it up and down. You cannot carry your suitcase to your room.

Just the basics with one - good location to walk to everything with some cool events as well, shoes thing is a bit odd hey

Had no issues with the hostel. It was a little weird because they asked you to check your shoes at the door and gave you slippers.

• 16th Oct 2014

Flexible staff and rules. Clean and friendly.

Air Conditioning of Room 11 wasn't operational, the room was too cold to sleep.

Great Hostel. It's clean and comfortable. Kitchen facilities are good. Could do with another couple of showers/bathroom facilities. Staff are friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay at DC Lofty and would recommend it to other potential guests.

Good hostel!!

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Israel

Mike was exceptionally helpful and a wealth of knowledge.

• 24th Sep 2014

Very well located and value for money.

• 19th Sep 2014

Cool staff, up for a drink!

professional personal service....very nice and very much appreciated..

this is a library, this hostel is no place for a tourist. if you are a tourist or young traveller this is not the place for you. most of the hostel is for internship students and workers. hence, a very strict rules applied. such as taking of your shoes, NO alcohol or any kind of fun games except chess as i remember. not allowed even to put your feet on the coach, else you pay a fine of 25$. some of the staff are so rude with no reason but still manger was nice enough to take complains and solve.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Egypt

hey there, thanks for your review. It doesn't seem to fit any of the previous reviews we've gotten, so maybe it was for the wrong hostel. We do allow alcohol, and take folks over to the roof top pool and jacuzzi for free Tuesday/Thursdays, where that is encouraged! There are no fines incurred ever, and no rules. We have FREE walking tours DAILY, discounts to all paid museums, tours, segways, bikes; as well as we take folks out, or play poker inside as requested! THANKS

Nice hostel for price paid however there was a mix up with the booking and one member of our group had to sleep on the couch. luckily we didnt mind too much and got a refund!

• 6th Sep 2014

Place took me a while to find but once there it is a decent location. They have computers, printing and two big tvs with Netflix on which was really cool.

Great place. Good staff and nice rooms.

The only reason I came here was because the hostel that I wanted was not available to me. While there are much worst places that I could've ended up, avoid this hostel at all cost! Only stay here if all other options have failed and you're in danger of sleeping on the street!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4