DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1333 11th st NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

I had a great time at the hostel. The staff was great! The only complain I had was the shower. It took a really long time to get warm and we needed to keep the sink running for it to get warm.

• 18th Apr 2014

This is an amazing hostel. They provide you with sleepers which is a very cool detail. The kitchen is very well equiped and they have free pancakes! The rooms are very clean and they provide with lockers and an individual light and plug, also very useful. Highly recommended.

Comfortable, relaxed and easy going. A very nice hostel within easy walking distance of the sights of D.C. but far away enough to be quite at night. Comfy beds, full cooking facilities and lockers provided (but, as usual, bring your own padlock). Only a short walk from bars and pubs too! The staff were all friendly, happy to help and the manager was very knowledgeable and easy to chat with. Would definitely recommend this place to friends!

The stuff were pretty nice but inside the dorm was terrible. It was really hot, dry and noisy. It was over 80 degree in DC while I was there but they still kept the heater on 24 hours per day. It was really insane, loud, and it dried me out. Also, don't expect shower nicely because they don't have hot water at most time. All people in my dorm complained about these but we just don't know if they care because nothing changed. I had very very very bad qulity of sleeping for my several nights.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • China

hey there, thank you for your review. The temperature went up unexpected, and the heat was left on until about 2AM in the morning, at that point it was turned down and changed in to cooling setting for your levels. We do have hot water always, due to tank less water heaters installed - we're sorry you had trouble using them - as cold water has to rise through the pipes, until hot water reaches it. With tank less, unused water sits cold, thanks

Matrasses smell dirty and notl possibility to open a window in the (private twins) room

• 7th Apr 2014

hey there, thank you for your comment. We will check it out, and see what's wrong with the window in your room, as well as why the brand new thick memory foam mattresses that we just got could smell, and if they're dirty we'll go ahead and wash them completely, thanks again.

I was in a four bed dorm with ensuite. It did not even have hot water.the place needed a good clean

hey there, We've just gone through all of the showers, as we routinely due, to confirm that all of them have hot water 100% of the time. As you used the shower outside your room, it is the low flow shower head one, and thus turning on the faucet will get hot water very fast to it. Also, we clean the place like crazy every day =(, could you email us and be more specific what we missed? thank you

I had to pay 14% more of the price contrary to what was said in my contract: when it says "balance due" in the contract I understand that this is ALL that is due, and that there is NOTHING that needs to be added!!!!! Bad surprise for me when I arrived; hot shower only when the tap it wanted to give you hot shower... not environment friendly to have to have the tap opened while showering; someone ate my breakfast on the last day so I had to have pasta for breakfast; not always wifi.

14.5% is DC Sales Tax that EVERY hostel will charge you in DC. We're sorry to hear you were shocked by this, as we have no control over eliminating taxes. Thank you for mentioning that for the showers, the HOT water IS WORKING. We've installed environmentally friendly shower heads in TWO showers, and they don't have enough pressure to quickly invite hot water; but turning on the faucet to "demand" more hot water does the trick! Your food was unlabeled =(, and wifi works =)

It's like a half hour walk to all the monuments and stuff, which isn't bad but it gets kind of old. Inside is clean and the staff is helpful. Security in the hostel was definitely not a problem, the neighborhood isn't the best but at the same time its not in the ghetto or anything that bad either.

Liked it a lot, atmosphere was GREAT and location too. I could get the bike (try the bikeshare!) everyday downtown, barely any traffic and just minutes away from everything. The staff was great too.

Great place to stay in D.C. Super close to two super markets and the National Mall is a 30 min walk away. Don't bring a frozen pizza or a large roast for there is the lack of a oven. I would have to say that is the only down side to this amazing off the international chain hostel grid. Definitely recommend a stay here at this place, I know I will be back when I'm in the Capitol.

• 29th Mar 2014

Mike was awesome! DC Lofty is really cute and the staff was amazing. A little pricey, but it was a great place to stay!!!

I lived in a 4-person dorm, it was not clean and the shower of the bathroom was bad -- small and weird temperature. The kitchen was kind of dirty, maybe because too many people were using it.

hey there, thank you for your comments, We have updated all of our facilities, and maybe we can think of some color changes for the bathroom - thanks for your input. We also clean everything like crazy, so we will make sure that it stays that way in the future, thanks

I really liked the hostel i would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a place to sleep in DC. Nice staff

• 9th Mar 2014

What I loved about the hostel was the atmosphere, the other guests and the very nice staff – except of one person who checked in an obviously homeless woman. She doesn't belong to a hostel that is based on trust so I did not feel safe with her in my room. But the staff apologized when I complained the next morning. Despite that I enjoyed staying there a lot. But in my room on second floor there was almost no hot water at the shower... that definitely has to change soon if you ask me.

• 5th Mar 2014

Our experience was great! The room and facilities were excellent, great spaces to hang out in and meet people. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful with all of our questions, a big thank you to Mike who we would have been lost without. Not too far to walk to all the touristy attractions, and also not far from the metro. The people were awesome and friendly, we made some great friends and we'll definitely be back for another visit!

• 20th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

hey there, thank you so much for such a nice review, and even a shout-out! He'll be happy to hear, thanks again!

We enjoyed a great stay at DC Lofty. It is an older building so careful about your expectations. Thank you guys for putting us up for the weekend!

• 15th Feb 2014

hey there, thanks so much for a great review! While it is an older building - it has been completely renovated and updated every year since - with new AND MODERN: HVAC systems, showers/bathrooms, kitchen, hangout areas, computers, flatt screen TVs. thanks so much!

Here's alright. The bed is comfortable and I like the smell of it. Probably it's not travel season, no hostel atmosphere at all. It feels like people just find a place to sleep

• 25th Jan 2014
  • China

hey there, thanks so much for your review! Yes, please understand that some days in January the hostel is just half empty, so it's tough to get things going! We do have Wednesdays Yoga, Thursday Pool/Jacuzzi, and go out on Friday/Saturday or have a movie night! More fun with more people for sure!

We stayed there for 3 days and we had an amazing time! The staff is very friendly and the place has a truly cosy enviroment!

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel has a great atmosphere, the building and the staff make you feel at home right away. I really enjoyed my stay in washington DC!

the staff is excellent I think they dont want to spend more money.

View all Washington DC Hostels