DC Lofty - Convention Center

7.7
Very Good 2018 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

Very nice hostel! My only complaint is the mattress on the top bunk was sagging very badly with only a single crossbar supporting it. My boyfriend had no problem with the bottom bunk.

• Malaysia, Male, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

Very good environment to stay. different public spaces to spend for social activities so wont affect your sleep night.

• USA, Male, 41+
3rd Apr 2017

Very nice overall, great staff....location is fantastic! Could have better water pressure in 3rd floor shower I used, but the bathrooms were kept very clean!! I truly enjoyed my stay and would def stay there again.

• India, Male, 31-40
31st Mar 2017

I love my stay at DClofty .I met with so many people from across the globe. nice time with them, and I love to come to same place as , I plan for dc or any other place visit.

24th Mar 2017

I want to thank Mike and the staff for being so helpful and welcoming to me, during my stay!!!!!! I mostly travel for work, and do long hours, so I look for great, quality situations. DC Lofty fulfilled my experiential desire on this stay! I hope to return again soon!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
21st Mar 2017

Location is great, about a 15 min walk to central DC. Room was spacious and ensuite was fair-size. Each bed had a locker. Ensuite cleaned daily. Sheets were stained but clean! They didn't get changed for our five night stay but in hindsight, if we'd asked, we're sure it wouldn't have been a problem. Two large common areas, computers, large kitchen and $5 for washing to be done and dried. Could be a bit cleaner (surfaces, mainly) & our blinds didn't close on level 3 but we got our money's worth.

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th Mar 2017

Super nice, chill environment, that was clean and safe. My friend and I really liked this place and if we go back to D.C. we will definitely be staying here again! Awesome price, and pretty close to the metro.

11th Mar 2017
6.6

The hostel is located in an older building, so thin walls and steep stairs. The worst part was the heating in the building. Our room was very overheated (like a sauna), but the staff couldn't adjust the heat so they recommended opening the window. The showers did not have hot water, only cold water. I tried to use the hairdryers in 3 different bathrooms but they were all broken. Pros -it is close to a supermarket, you can use the kitchen to prepare your own food, and people were friendly there.

11th Mar 2017
4.0

The place stink and It was cold in the room

5th Mar 2017
4.9

I received a warm welcome and the member of staff was v. helpful, but unfortunately, this is the only positive thing I can say about my stay. The building is neglected, very cold in places, and in the basement where I slept, very noisy (heating system). The room and bathroom were quite revolting - dirty, untidy and not been decorated for decades. Duvet was thin. Although 'breakfast is free', this was simply the provision of a tea bag and some powered pancake mix. This hostel has zero atmosphere!

Sorry about the heating system being loud, as someone forgot to replace the panel covers after changing out the filters, and so sound insulation was missing for one night. We made sure to pay extra attention to both the room and the bathroom, after your comment, and re grouted the shower area and re-caulked it as well. We also noticed most of our bad reviews are all coming from 1 -2 rooms, even if they're cleaned well, because they're on the ground floor and are just rooms. For that reason we will be closing them down, exposing brick walls and bringing a bit character. As in other comments, we don't have free breakfast provided, but we surely provide bunch of materials. We have pancake mix, coffee, tea, peanut butter, syrup, creamer, sugar, oil all available for free.