DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

The facilities are very very old... you try to feel every stair before putting your whole weight on it. The shower upstairs: I needed to wait for 5 minutes until the water finally turned hot in the shower, but the pressure was so weak it took around two minutes to wet the whole body. The sink didn't drain. Living room facilities, TV, PC's and kitchen are very good. Both Melaney and Michael were excellent.

nice place! and the host was very kind and helpful

• 17th Apr 2015
  • China

The staff were fantastically friendly, and the rooms were clean and safe. I stayed there for 6 nights for a conference and had a great time. The only thing wrong was that the owner, a woman from Lithuania, made me wait almost half an hour to check in because she was "in a meeting" in the back.

It was comfortable and cozy! Mike was one of the staff's there and he was helpful! Also, especially knowing that he was from the pacific northwest (as I am a Seattleite!) made me even more at home at DC-lofty! Thanks for being hospitable Mike!

Great stay! Clean and comfortable! The bed was quite comfortable Only downside was the shower! The shower was basically a dribble of water, and had no water pressure at all, although it was nice and hot! Apart from the shower water pressure it was a great stay and the staff were very friendly!

• 4th Apr 2015

Small and pretty friendly place near the centre of columbia district D.C. for really good price. If you are young and like travelling and don't want to spend huge amount of money this place is for DC Lofty is definitely for you.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Georgia

The building is very old - floors and doors creaked so it was hard falling asleep with all the noise from fellow travelers. Also, the hostel was kept at 78 degrees which is far too hot for my comfort. It's a good walk to get anywhere but I felt safe. The hostel has $15/day parking out back which was nice. Towels and small lockers were provided.

hey there, thank you for your review. We have tried to purposely maintain the look of an older building, meanwhile all of the showers/beds/bed lights/TVs/kitchen appliances are new. Sorry if the temperature was not the best, as we're looking for something where everyone would be happy, and we do have multi-zone HVAC system to work on that. We'll work on the floors (actually already started with quite a few rooms!)

my overall stayed was AMAZING next time im in DC I'll definitely stay again!!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • mrodwell176627

The hostel is generally clean and comfortable but my issue whilst staying there was that the shower was ice cold. With the cost per night being quite high for a hostel I would at least expect to be able to take a comfortable shower.

• 13th Mar 2015

hey there, this is a recurring issue, and I'm sorry if at check-in it wasn't explained. We do have hot water 100% of the time, through the use of On-Demand heaters. If not used much at the time, hot water takes a bit of time to arrive, and we suggest turning the faucet AND shower on the same time, to have it arrive fast - once there the water stays very hot, thank you for your review.

The hostel is not terribly far from the International hostel on Eleventh Street. Overall the hostel is pretty good. It's spacious and the staff was pretty friendly. The only downside to my stay was the showers. The left handle of the shower (labeled as "hot") was quite unstable and I felt it was going to break at any point. Hot water did come after having to wait several minutes. Be aware that you could be placed with a person of the opposite gender.

hey there, thanks for your review. We'll check all of our showers, and make sure all handles are strong on there! The tank-less water heaters do work like magic, they may just take a few minutes to pump out the cold water in the pipes, if you're the first one taking a shower in recent times. And yes, if you do book a mixed room, we would potentially have mixed gender guests. Thanks so much!

The staff is great. The location is great. Nice and clean.

Very cosy, felt like home

It was a nice stay at DC Lofty. Our rooms were big enough for the 4 of us and also clean enough, even though not perfect clean. But still ok. =) There was a kitchen that can be used for free. The National Mall is in foot range. Worth the money and nice to stay at. =)

Would have been a higher score but some random wasted guy came in and slept in our room on the last night, and shower wasn't great

Great staff and clean rooms. Really enjoyed it.

• 1st Mar 2015

I had a good night stay with the hotel and the attendant is very accommodating.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Hostel was in an old house so on the day I arrived, the water pipes had burst. To prevent this, the staff decided to turn up the heating to warm up the whole house. It was VERY HOT (high 20 degrees C at least) and being on the top bunk, it was unbearable (as hot air rises). Hostel had lots of steps so bear that in mind if you have heavy luggage. Location was not so good (hard to get to using public transport, have to walk a long way for a decent bus).

The staff was nice and available to explain me how to get around in the city. The atmosphere in the Hostel is really nice and I would definitely recommend it, even for someone traveling alone.

• 13th Feb 2015

Very nice welcome, staff was friendly. They basically had everything you can expect from a hostel, nothing really more than that. It's good, nothing special. Our room was extraordinarily cold tho and so was the shower. Some of the guests are a bit typical.

thank you for your review. We want to make sure it's a nice place to stay, but also affordable. For that reason some of the additional facilities - like a roof top patio with hammocks, or another roof top patio with Jacuzzi and a pool are located at or nearby Capital View location - and guests from both places can utilize these! However, this way, we're able to focus DC Lofty on the stay itself, with our gourmet kitchen, new bathrooms, new rooms, and offer a better value.

Thanks for being so accommodating.

• 2nd Feb 2015