DC Lofty - Convention Center

8.1
Fabulous 1985 Total Reviews

17th Feb 2017
6.3

Room was satisfactory. The walls are thin, but the building is old. There were two showers, one had no water pressure and the other one had no hot water. Over all if you don't mind cold showers then you'll be good staying at this place.

• USA, Female, 41+
8th Feb 2017
7.4

If I had known that I would have a lukewarm shower every morning and the toilet seat next to my room would be broken, I would have looked harder for another hostel or hotel and paid a little more. My room was comfortable and small, the staff were friendly, and the location was great. However, even though I am a backpacker/hiker and am not unfamiliar with discomfort, I would have preferred a room with a hot shower and a functional toilet.

3rd Feb 2017

The staff was so friendly, and everything was kept very clean. Would highly recommend staying here!

1st Feb 2017

Very nice staff members.

• England, Male, 18-24
31st Jan 2017

I just left DC Lofty, and I genuinely miss it. The staff were all unbelievably friendly and welcoming, and the fantastic atmosphere definitely makes up for the extra ~5 minutes you might need to walk to all of the tourist destinations. The beds were comfortable, the hostel's in a nice neighbourhood, and it'll be the first place I go to next time I'm in DC.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
27th Jan 2017

Great stay with awesome people! The DC Lofty is one of my favorite hostels so far! The atmosphere was great and it actually felt like I stayed with friends! My room was nice and clean and there was enough space for 8 people! The kitchen was great and had everything I needed to cook a nice meal. Unfortunately the location was a bit further away than I thought but it was easy to catch a bus or the metro so totally fine. All staff members were super friendly, open-minded and knowledgeable.

27th Jan 2017

With D.C. Lofty being my 1st experience it was a great one . The staff there were so welcoming and helpful , even with things outside of the hostel . I'd agree that it's not a 5 star hotel but it's not supposed to be and I was okay with that . I had a wonderful time and would definitely return in the future .

26th Jan 2017

Great place to stay, nice front room with dining room and kitchen to use. There are stairs to climb but it is an older Victorian block house doubled.

thanks so much for your kind review! We try =)

23rd Jan 2017

Great place and staff are the bomb

That last part is no disagreement

• redlacombe9732
  • USA, Female, 31-40
21st Jan 2017

I was definitely unhappy about the price on this hostel, which was unbelievably surged due to the women's march and inauguration. They also did not deduct the deposit I paid for the booking from the total I paid at check in, which let to me paying about $200 for 2 nights in an empty 6 bed room.

hey there, all of the other rooms were full. We saw that you were extremely unhappy with your price in the cheapest room, and we actually opened a room that was closed and due for repainting (but it wasn't in a bad shape), and placed you in there solo. We thought putting you in a private room would help make it a bit better. The demand curve was insane, as we were full at much higher rates.