DC Lofty - Convention Center

Very Good 1998 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 1998 Total Reviews

13th Mar 2017

Super nice, chill environment, that was clean and safe. My friend and I really liked this place and if we go back to D.C. we will definitely be staying here again! Awesome price, and pretty close to the metro.

11th Mar 2017
4.0

The place stink and It was cold in the room

5th Mar 2017
4.9

I received a warm welcome and the member of staff was v. helpful, but unfortunately, this is the only positive thing I can say about my stay. The building is neglected, very cold in places, and in the basement where I slept, very noisy (heating system). The room and bathroom were quite revolting - dirty, untidy and not been decorated for decades. Duvet was thin. Although 'breakfast is free', this was simply the provision of a tea bag and some powered pancake mix. This hostel has zero atmosphere!

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
21st Feb 2017
6.9

Good location and pretty quiet, but the sheets didn't look clean and the shower was cold.

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
17th Feb 2017

AMAZING! Convenient, clean, well priced, secure, and great staff! The Supervisor, Mike, and his crew, Philip, Marcus, and Tom are extremely helpful and personable. These guys help you make the most of your time! They keep the place spotless. This is the best hostile around. We loved the atmosphere and staff so much that we booked another night in town! Heading back soon to relive one of the best weekends I ever had that wouldn't have been possible without the help of the staff! Perfect

17th Feb 2017
6.3

Room was satisfactory. The walls are thin, but the building is old. There were two showers, one had no water pressure and the other one had no hot water. Over all if you don't mind cold showers then you'll be good staying at this place.

• USA, Female, 41+
8th Feb 2017
7.4

If I had known that I would have a lukewarm shower every morning and the toilet seat next to my room would be broken, I would have looked harder for another hostel or hotel and paid a little more. My room was comfortable and small, the staff were friendly, and the location was great. However, even though I am a backpacker/hiker and am not unfamiliar with discomfort, I would have preferred a room with a hot shower and a functional toilet.

3rd Feb 2017

The staff was so friendly, and everything was kept very clean. Would highly recommend staying here!

1st Feb 2017

Very nice staff members.

• England, Male, 18-24
31st Jan 2017

I just left DC Lofty, and I genuinely miss it. The staff were all unbelievably friendly and welcoming, and the fantastic atmosphere definitely makes up for the extra ~5 minutes you might need to walk to all of the tourist destinations. The beds were comfortable, the hostel's in a nice neighbourhood, and it'll be the first place I go to next time I'm in DC.