DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

I stayed here for 5 nights during my first week of grad school in dc. I walked everyday to near McPherson square and it was very easy and also mt Vernon metro was pretty short distance. Good location overall. As a single female I always felt safe coming and going from the hostel. There are 3 refridgerators and all the cooking supplies I needed. The hostel had a friendly vibe with common areas that people hung out in. Also outlets beside each bed are always a plus. Would stay here again!

• 24th Aug 2014

We stayed in that hostel in the end of August for couple nights.Stuff was nice.We stayed in 6 bed mixed dorm,room was clean.We had shower (with hot water) and toilet for room.Bed comfortable,pretty big.Not noisy even through hostel was full of people.In hostel there are living room,kitchen (with all that you need),computer area,one more big living room.Location is pretty good.Who use publc transport-bus stop,metro is close.We was walking to all sights.Its not so far. We had a lot of fun there.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

Very clean hostel, with free wifi and free computers. Common room very clean and comfortable. 6-bed room very nice! Comfortable beds. Definetly recommended!

The staff are nice. The facilities are fine. The leaking hot tap in our shower scolded us a few times. Very loud air conditioning so needed ear plugs. Could do with a lick of paint and modernising to keep up with other hostels but overall ok. I would stay again.

hey there, thank you for your review! As mentioned before we upkeep and update the rooms constantly on a "rolling" basis, to make sure all of the showers/mattresses/flooring is awesome! However, for the communal parts, we usually have to wait until December when we're emptier or closed to do re-painting (in case of allergies). We will surely be doing that soon!

Very good stay for two nights, stayed in my own little room inside a room with a friend. Showers were great, not far from main attractions in city like white house

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay. Friendly staff and decent rooms. Rooms are a bit all over the place but some might enjoy this.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff member who greeted us was exceptionally rude and went out of his way to make our welcome to the hostel absolutely appalling, to the point where had it not been late at night we would have moved to another hostel. We reserved four beds in a room of six but when we arrived he told us we would have to split up and he couldn't do anything about it because working at the hostel wasn't his 'real' job. He further went on to tell my friend to 'stop acting like a little girl and grow up'.

• 20th Aug 2014

hey there, we are very sorry about your experience. It's a shame that we must agree to your comment, and that is also part of the reason why this employee was let go. We strive to have the best staff, and really for us that mostly means friendly and helpful. Your next experience would surely be much more pleasant, thank you for your comments.

The hostel could be not the cheaper, but definitely is a amazing place, everything is clean and well organized.

• 17th Aug 2014

hey there, thank you so much for your kind words. We seriously clean this place like crazy!

It was very extrange that they ask you to take your shoes off on the door! But otherwise it was fine!!! Nice kitchen and beds!

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

hey there, thanks for your review! But we do give you free hotel style slippers - still one of only few hostels in the entire country! Thanks again!

I was not satisfied with this hostel. It's a 15 minute walk to a metro. There are weird looking bugs in their bathrooms. There's only two computers and no printer. I asked to print and they told me to email the document to them and they'd print it, without informing me that they don't delete emails afterwards. Thankfully a nicer guy who works there deleted it. No one working there is on the same page and they don't know how to work as a team. Some don't inform you of all their amenities.

hey there, sorry for any confusion, as we do offer free printing. We found two computers to be plentiful, considering that most of the visitors have their own smartphones or laptops, and we wanted to avoid folks just sitting and starting at a screen (interact instead). We have the best amenities offer at our hostels: free walking tours, free pool and Jacuzzi Thursdays, discounted museums, bus tours, bike/segway rentals. It depends on the vibe we get from a person =)

Everything is ok

• 11th Aug 2014
  • China

I called a few days ahead to confirm my reservation which was confirmed. I called the morning I was supposed to check in and asked if I could drop off my bag and come back later that night to check in. When I returned, they said they were overbooked and sent me to a different hostel, inconveniently located 20 minutes away. I had lugged my bag there, 20 minutes from the metro, already that morning and now needed to do it again, but this time after dark. Maybe help with the cab next time at least

• 6th Aug 2014

Great place to stay in DC, not to far from the subway and near a market and stuffs to do.

• 4th Aug 2014

When came to check-in I was greeted by an irritated staff member, who seemed to be bothered by me checking in. The dorm I was staying in seemingly had no airconditioning and was way too hot, and was not clean enough. The social areas of the hostel aren't big enough to really get a group together and go out.

hey there, thanks for your comments. We apologize if any of our staff have been a bit less than friendly, and for that reason, we've made some changed of personnel in the last few weeks. The hostel has 4 zone HVAC that works quite well, and we've got room units installed as well for top floors, on the days when it's really hot and humid. Between those two, it should be nice and chilly! We've got quite a lot of common space, across the entire first floor, sorry if not enough =(

Very central and safe place with good athmosphere. Quiet at night, no party hostel. Good kitchen. Unfortunately way too little chairs and tables and equipment ( cups, glasses, cutlery:) problem around breakfast and Dinner! Old house does need a handyman for repairs in between . Airco not always working in room. Replacement certain mattrasses necessary! With that happening: Great Hostel! Thank you.

DC Lofty is a wonderful place to stay while you are in Washington DC. The staff is SUUUUPER friendly and Mike (the manager) is AWESOME!! They would do most anything to help and accomidate your needs. However, I personally felt it was kind of a walk and out of the way to get there but aside from that not a bad word to say about it!

• 19th Jul 2014

DC Lofty is like Washington itself: too clean, with too many rules.

hey there, thanks for this - we found it funny =). We think our location is pretty good, especially (as mentioned before) due to the fact that it's here on purpose. If looking for chinatown, please book at Capital View, as DC Lofty is perfect for Dupont and Convention Center areas. We will improve the character though! We're adding all types of events/tours/rentals/etc! Additionally we're upgrading our rooms again, but now with some flair in it too!

The hostel looks old and need to be renewed! My room had a noisy A/C that was not working really well and the mattress was too thin. But having a charger and a spotlight for each bed was something that I really like!

진짜 깔끔하고 좋아요. 침구도 귀엽고 깨끗하고 에어컨도 있구 다 있는지 모르겠지만 방에 샤워실이 있어서 너무 편리했어요. 비록 따뜻한 물은 안나왔지만.....제일 좋았던건 침대에서 삐그덕 소리가 전혀 안나는것과 슬리퍼 제공!

Stayed one night here. Overall really good spot. Staff is friendly and helpful. They genuinely care. Got some nice slippers to wear around the place. Enjoyed that. The place is pretty clean and the set-up/design of the inside is cool. The rooms are nice as well. Loft style of course, clean beds, good bathrooms (which are ensuite). The place is secure they give you codes for the hostel front door and your room door. It's a bit out of the way, but not too much. Expensive, but it's DC. Good spot.

View all Washington DC Hostels