DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

Being that this was my first hostel I had no clue what to expect. I was greeted by Andrew with a warm smile and handshake. Check in was quick and easy and was also given great info about what's going on around DC. The hostel itself was nice and had a home feeling witch added a nice level of comfort. This was a great first experience and would recommend a stay DC Lofty.

• 19th Sep 2015

the attendant is horrible , i went there in month of september and it was very hot during night , i requested house keeper to switch on Air Condition but inspite of repeated request , Air Condition was not on , and i have to sleep in hot weather , wont go there back

• 19th Sep 2015

hey there, sorry you didn't enjoy your stay here, and we'd love to hear more about who from staff was horrible, as I think everyone is super friendly. We do listen to requests, and turn the AC to cool, but seemingly people in your room turned off the unit power from inside the room. I'm sorry you had a bad experience that is easily fixable by simply turning it on =(, but sadly we don't go into rooms usually after a certain hour, so people can sleep. Thanks,

The staff were friendly and tried to involve everyone that was interested in the drinking games etc. beds were good, kitchen was great (no oven though). Only problem is that the showers suck. They have eco friendly showers that only draw hit water if someone else is having a shower or if a tap is running hot and even still there is no water pressure so it just trickles! Enjoyed the stay though

The hostel overall was great. But it quite dark in the evening. If you travel with your friend, that will be great.

Great place, great ambiance! Really enjoyed my stay

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Venezuela

Such a good vibe! The staff are awesome!! And comfortable beds!!

• 10th Sep 2015

Stayed here twice previously. Good location, close to supermarkets, the metro, and about 2km from the main sights. Showers weren't the best but DC is muggy at the best of times so you want a cold shower anyway. Nice rooms with minimal street noise. Great guys working there who really make you feel at home. There's always a good crowd of interesting people at this hostel. Would recommend to anyone visiting DC and I'll definitely be coming back.

The hostel needs a boost to the social atmosphere perhaps with better nightly events such pub crawls etc

Thought the hostel was excellent, bed was extremely comfortable and staff very helpful. Only comment the bathrooms could be cleaned a little better (ensure no hair is on the floor.) Otherwise had a great stay and would definitely come back!

• 31st Aug 2015

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Felt safe in the hostel. We were located right near the front door so was often very loud during the night. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

The hostel was ok; but if you look at the price/quality, it wasn't that great. Also did we have to pay a fee, because we arrived later, after office Hours. But they didn't mentioned that before.

hey there, thank you for your comments. We understand DC is an expensive place, and the hostels here are much more expensive than many other cities in the world - due to how high the rent for the building is (only reason why daily rate is so high). The late fee is mentioned multiple times all over the websites, I'm sorry you didn't see that, and were surprised about it.

A wonderful stay at DC Lofty and couldn't recommend it enough! The hostel is relatively small but incredibly friendly and love that pancake batter mix is provided! The hostel has a very homely atmosphere - I found myself cooking breakfast and supper with people I barely new and opted to cook rather than eat out because I enjoyed it so much. The location is great and every where is pretty much in walking distance, although I will say that you should be prepared for cold showers!

Great Hostel! good location and easy access for people made the stay very enjoyable and fun! The staff are awesome, and very helpful with your stay.

• 26th Aug 2015

They advertise wifi and storage room in their page: The storage room isn't secured in any way other than a camera. The wifi wasn't available in our floor. The blinds in our room was stuck, and even though I reported it, they didn't fix it. Overall, a cheap place to stay, and if you're hassle free, you can stay here. Lots of common space to hang out, which was a plus.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

thank you for your comments. We really do appreciate it, as I'm making a list of things to check-on, and what you've mentioned was all new to me (good thing we read these reviews, and act on them). As far as the storage room.... We want to provide access to guests at all times, and if we control the lock, then folks may get locked out when they must leave, as we're not a 24 hour hostel. This way, we can hold valuables WITH US, and bulky luggage secured by camera, next to office.

One of the best hostels i stayed in. Definitely worth money. It is approx. 20 min walk from White House. All the distances to tourtist atractions are walkable. Staff was nice and friendly, rooms clean.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Slovakia

The room was a good size and the bed wasn't so bad. Paid for the ensuite but the shower was freezing for absolutely everyone and there was no screen to stop the water soaking the entire rest room. Nice chill out areas although a bit on the warm side. Room was nice and cool on the first floor.

• 22nd Aug 2015

The atmosphere in the hostel was fantastic! Everyone was so friendly! The only issues I had with the venue was the area was a little rough but fine when your travelling as a group and the ladder to my top bunk was broken. I would stay here again.

• 20th Aug 2015

The hostel was great, really nice staff and common areas. Rooms were a good size and had comfortable beds but showers were terrible and we had to ask staff to clean the bathrooms, restock toilet paper and empty bins. There weren't any social activities like pub crawls so travelling solo would have been difficult. If you want a night out go to Marvin which is a cool bar on 14th street!

Within walking distance to all major attractions. Beds were comfortable and clean, had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend it!

• 19th Aug 2015

Mike the manager was very welcoming. I was only in DC for a day and this hostel couldn't have been better for a quick sight see trip. Great place and will be coming back again!!

• 19th Aug 2015