DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

The staff was nice and available to explain me how to get around in the city. The atmosphere in the Hostel is really nice and I would definitely recommend it, even for someone traveling alone.

• 13th Feb 2015

Very nice welcome, staff was friendly. They basically had everything you can expect from a hostel, nothing really more than that. It's good, nothing special. Our room was extraordinarily cold tho and so was the shower. Some of the guests are a bit typical.

thank you for your review. We want to make sure it's a nice place to stay, but also affordable. For that reason some of the additional facilities - like a roof top patio with hammocks, or another roof top patio with Jacuzzi and a pool are located at or nearby Capital View location - and guests from both places can utilize these! However, this way, we're able to focus DC Lofty on the stay itself, with our gourmet kitchen, new bathrooms, new rooms, and offer a better value.

Thanks for being so accommodating.

• 2nd Feb 2015

I enjoy my stay at DC Lofty ! Was sad too leave....

• 30th Jan 2015

Hell freaking yes! It was awesome to have you, and all of those people, who wanted to go out and do stuff here!

For a well-reviewed hostel, the facilities at DC Lofty were abominable. The promise of pancake breakfasts and gym accessibility fell through, with the gym on the other side of DC, and the (DIY - instructionless) pancake powder box being empty every morning. There were also minimal actual utensils in the kitchen for cooking. Additionally, the two showers (ONLY two) were quite literally a lukewarm drizzle. The rooms were also freezing (All very enjoyable in the winter). Nice staff though.

hey there, sorry for your experience, as that is far from what we attempt to provide. We do have pancake mix available 24/7, and while it does get emptied out sometimes, we do refill it daily in the mornings - same for coffee/tea/etc. The gym is the closest to a metro that makes any type of sense, and sadly there are NONE closer to downtown DC that would agree to $5 deal for our guests - a steal. Also, to be fair, we have a shower for every single room, and there are instructions for hot water

I had a great time at the hostel! The concierges were really nice and polite! Definitely i will go back!!

hey there, thank you so much - we do honestly try to make sure everyone has a great stay here, and your review is well appreciated.

Was an okay hostel. Would have thought it was really good value for money if I hadn't spent a lot of time in DC duo (where some friends were staying) at the same price it was cleaner, friendlier, more facilities and a better atmosphere.

• 16th Jan 2015

hey there, thanks for your review, and we would appreciate more comments for this. We strive on our cleanliness, and homey atmosphere, and will keep working on it - thank you for your comments.

parked my rental van for a few hours in the defined "DC lofty" parking spots out back and was made to feel like those spots were not available to guests.

• 14th Jan 2015

GREAT experience staying here. Tom and Mike are the friendliest managers. I'm definitely staying here again whenever I'm in DC again!

• 12th Jan 2015
  • India

hey there, thank you so much. We have noticed that guests' in general appreciate their experience much more, if they allow for interactions with other guests and staff. Thanks for staying with us!

I had a great time in this hostel. It hadn't spent time in a hostel since a log time, and it got me one or two nights to get reacquainted with the process of sleeping with other folks in the room, but it went well. I enjoyed the nice and friendly staff. Kitchen was very adequate... close to grocery stores, etc. Good Hostel. I'd stay here again. :)

Nice place and I meet some nice roommates with different backgrounds here.

Perfectly fine for a quick stay in DC. Beds were comfortable and equipped with outlets and reading lights. Staff were quite hands off; not memorable by way of ambience, but welcome if you don't love the BFF brahs vibe at other hostels. In-room bathrooms are a blessing and a curse; right there when you need it, but not as much attention to cleanliness, and the lack of sound-proofing doesn't make for a great deal of privacy.

hey there, thank you for your comments. We have upgraded all of our beds to most comfortable memory foam mattresses in Dec. 2014. We pride ourselves on cleanliness of the showers, as well as the rest of the areas of the hostels, and will pay more attention to make sure they are of great standards. Thank you

1 2 3 Next » last »