DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

Everything is ok

• 11th Aug 2014
  • China

I called a few days ahead to confirm my reservation which was confirmed. I called the morning I was supposed to check in and asked if I could drop off my bag and come back later that night to check in. When I returned, they said they were overbooked and sent me to a different hostel, inconveniently located 20 minutes away. I had lugged my bag there, 20 minutes from the metro, already that morning and now needed to do it again, but this time after dark. Maybe help with the cab next time at least

• 6th Aug 2014

Great place to stay in DC, not to far from the subway and near a market and stuffs to do.

• 4th Aug 2014

When came to check-in I was greeted by an irritated staff member, who seemed to be bothered by me checking in. The dorm I was staying in seemingly had no airconditioning and was way too hot, and was not clean enough. The social areas of the hostel aren't big enough to really get a group together and go out.

hey there, thanks for your comments. We apologize if any of our staff have been a bit less than friendly, and for that reason, we've made some changed of personnel in the last few weeks. The hostel has 4 zone HVAC that works quite well, and we've got room units installed as well for top floors, on the days when it's really hot and humid. Between those two, it should be nice and chilly! We've got quite a lot of common space, across the entire first floor, sorry if not enough =(

Very central and safe place with good athmosphere. Quiet at night, no party hostel. Good kitchen. Unfortunately way too little chairs and tables and equipment ( cups, glasses, cutlery:) problem around breakfast and Dinner! Old house does need a handyman for repairs in between . Airco not always working in room. Replacement certain mattrasses necessary! With that happening: Great Hostel! Thank you.

DC Lofty is a wonderful place to stay while you are in Washington DC. The staff is SUUUUPER friendly and Mike (the manager) is AWESOME!! They would do most anything to help and accomidate your needs. However, I personally felt it was kind of a walk and out of the way to get there but aside from that not a bad word to say about it!

• 19th Jul 2014

This hostel is a bit hard to find, but once you get there the staff is really friendly and you feel like home. See full review on: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g28970-d3548078-r237016171-DC_Lofty-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html#REVIEWS

DC Lofty is like Washington itself: too clean, with too many rules.

hey there, thanks for this - we found it funny =). We think our location is pretty good, especially (as mentioned before) due to the fact that it's here on purpose. If looking for chinatown, please book at Capital View, as DC Lofty is perfect for Dupont and Convention Center areas. We will improve the character though! We're adding all types of events/tours/rentals/etc! Additionally we're upgrading our rooms again, but now with some flair in it too!

The hostel looks old and need to be renewed! My room had a noisy A/C that was not working really well and the mattress was too thin. But having a charger and a spotlight for each bed was something that I really like!

진짜 깔끔하고 좋아요. 침구도 귀엽고 깨끗하고 에어컨도 있구 다 있는지 모르겠지만 방에 샤워실이 있어서 너무 편리했어요. 비록 따뜻한 물은 안나왔지만.....제일 좋았던건 침대에서 삐그덕 소리가 전혀 안나는것과 슬리퍼 제공!

Stayed one night here. Overall really good spot. Staff is friendly and helpful. They genuinely care. Got some nice slippers to wear around the place. Enjoyed that. The place is pretty clean and the set-up/design of the inside is cool. The rooms are nice as well. Loft style of course, clean beds, good bathrooms (which are ensuite). The place is secure they give you codes for the hostel front door and your room door. It's a bit out of the way, but not too much. Expensive, but it's DC. Good spot.

Prime location. Great atmosphere. 2 big screen HD TVs!

The basement room was a bit grungy as was the tiny shower.

Fantastic vibe

The hostel was further out of town than we expected when we booked it. It was a 15 minute walk away from the nearest train station. The hostel is old and rather run down, but all rooms are secured with a combination lock. The bathrooms are fairly new, however in order to get hot water in the shower it was necessary to turn on a second shower. The staff were friendly though.

hey there, thanks for a positive overall review. We have two locations for that reason - in Capital View (right in China Town) and DC Lofty (right next to Convention Center) - so that guests can have their choice of location perfectly! It is a bit silly but that's how tank less water heaters work - the more water demand, the faster the hot water comes in! thanks again

DC Lofty is friendly and in a good location. The building shows considerable age and could use some renovation, but for a hostel it is fine.

The staff at DC Lofty were very friendly and helpful. One felt safe and the location was convenient to major attractions. the atmosphere, facilities need major renovation, which perhaps adds to the perception of lacking in cleaning.

Good kitchen and rooms, near to metro station, easy to get to attractions, good and friendly people.

hey there, thanks a lot for your review!

The best description of this hostel is 'unpleasant'. When booking a hostel you expect a drop in quality from a stay in a hotel but this hostel was very disappointing. The rooms are not clean. It's not a stretch to assume this place has never seen a vacuum. The staff ranged from indifferent to rude and are not helpful with questions about the city or your stay. The location is excellent if you are looking to visit the main tourist attractions but I would NOT recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 17th Jun 2014

The hostel is really clean and secure, with excellent amenities: a well-equipped kitchen, fast WiFi along with a couple of desktops if you don't have a computer, a nice lounge area with a big TV, and a BBQ out back. The bathrooms are kept clean, and there is plentiful hot water -- it just takes a minute to get going. If you're driving in, there's parking in back for a small fee. The dorm rooms were cool and clean. Don't hesitate to book here if you're looking for a solid budget option in DC.

hey there, thank you for a longer review, so that other guests' can have a better idea of what the place is like! We've set the place up like what your home away from home could be like, and it's nice when it works. Thank you for mentioning the showers...we constantly get reviews on those, due to people not understanding the tank-less concept, and how rewarding endless hot water is. Also, thanks for mentioning our working ACs, thanks again!

View all Washington DC Hostels