DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

The building is very old - floors and doors creaked so it was hard falling asleep with all the noise from fellow travelers. Also, the hostel was kept at 78 degrees which is far too hot for my comfort. It's a good walk to get anywhere but I felt safe. The hostel has $15/day parking out back which was nice. Towels and small lockers were provided.

hey there, thank you for your review. We have tried to purposely maintain the look of an older building, meanwhile all of the showers/beds/bed lights/TVs/kitchen appliances are new. Sorry if the temperature was not the best, as we're looking for something where everyone would be happy, and we do have multi-zone HVAC system to work on that. We'll work on the floors (actually already started with quite a few rooms!)

my overall stayed was AMAZING next time im in DC I'll definitely stay again!!

The hostel is generally clean and comfortable but my issue whilst staying there was that the shower was ice cold. With the cost per night being quite high for a hostel I would at least expect to be able to take a comfortable shower.

• 13th Mar 2015

hey there, this is a recurring issue, and I'm sorry if at check-in it wasn't explained. We do have hot water 100% of the time, through the use of On-Demand heaters. If not used much at the time, hot water takes a bit of time to arrive, and we suggest turning the faucet AND shower on the same time, to have it arrive fast - once there the water stays very hot, thank you for your review.

The hostel is not terribly far from the International hostel on Eleventh Street. Overall the hostel is pretty good. It's spacious and the staff was pretty friendly. The only downside to my stay was the showers. The left handle of the shower (labeled as "hot") was quite unstable and I felt it was going to break at any point. Hot water did come after having to wait several minutes. Be aware that you could be placed with a person of the opposite gender.

hey there, thanks for your review. We'll check all of our showers, and make sure all handles are strong on there! The tank-less water heaters do work like magic, they may just take a few minutes to pump out the cold water in the pipes, if you're the first one taking a shower in recent times. And yes, if you do book a mixed room, we would potentially have mixed gender guests. Thanks so much!

The staff is great. The location is great. Nice and clean.

Very cosy, felt like home

It was a nice stay at DC Lofty. Our rooms were big enough for the 4 of us and also clean enough, even though not perfect clean. But still ok. =) There was a kitchen that can be used for free. The National Mall is in foot range. Worth the money and nice to stay at. =)

Would have been a higher score but some random wasted guy came in and slept in our room on the last night, and shower wasn't great

1 2 3 4 Next » last »