DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

Thank you for the great time I had at your hostel! It had everything I needed on my trip. Bed, shower and awesome people. I met a lot of interesting people from all over the world and very interesting conversations with Max and Grant. Oh, and then the golden peanut.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Switzerland

Hostel around 20/30 minutes brisk walk to the museums. Has numerous supermarkets and food places within 5 minutes walk from Hostel. Hostel has strange policy of requiring provided slippers to be worn in the building instead of 'outside' shoes, (must be removed upon entry of building) however slippers can be worn outside to move between buildings. The kitchen is newly redone and has a stove, microwave and toaster with plenty of pots and pans. Safe secure housing, lockers a little small for bags.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very kind staff. The hostel is located just 20 minutes walk to the National Mall in average. There are quite a lot restaurants nearby.

I stayed sadly only one day in the hostel but I was very enthusiastic. The location is very good - next to a supermarket, liquor shop and a few bars. The hostel is very friendly and the people are very communicative.

there is no shower curtain so that we couldn't feel good when taking a shower.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Japan

Really good price - that' the best about this accomodation. The restrooms and the kitchen are really celan, but the places near the stairs are messy. The staff is helpfull, I liked them :) There are some PC's so if you don't bring any similar staff with yourself there they are.

The place is very good: clean, location, staff friendly. i've just had some issues regarding the arrival time: until 10pm and I thought no sense in the slippers wear, because they have the hostel in 2 buildings, so you have to go outside to reach part of the hostel.

Great hostel, everything was very clean and modern. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hostel. It is in a good location (about a 10-15 minute walk) outside the city centre and attractions. There is a local supermarket nearby and ATM's etc.

• 15th Aug 2013

The room I stayed in was decent and had a bathroom in the room. The kitchen did not have a stove so if you are staying there don't expect to be able to cook a frozen pizza. Parking was $15 a day and the staff seemed concern that I had my belongings in the car which indicated that the location was not in the safest neighborhood.

• 15th Aug 2013

Booking was easy. I was worried about the bed/pillow (being 62 years old), but slept well all 3 nights. I appreciated the locker, and the reminder in my initial "contract" to bring a lock for it. They were remodeling, so accessing the computers (I was on the kitchen side) was a hassle, but that will not be a problem when the remodeling is done. The shower was cold--possibly related to the remodeling. I told the staff & they will look into it. Had great conversations! Very helpful staff!

• 10th Aug 2013

Place is good. Good location and everything. only misshap is that there seems to be only one restroon/shower for a lot of people... In the morning of August 10th, I was unable to use the restroom/shower from 08:00 am until 10:30am!!! Interestingly enough, as soon as I leave the restroom, I get lectured -in public- by the cleaning lady (whom I had seen previously many times in the morning while I was roaming around the toilet to see if it became available...)

Would not recommend staying here. Cannot gain entry to the place if staff are not there (happened to me when I was trying to check in with alot of baggage) staff are not friendly. Do not inform you that codes in bedroom doors change every day. Staff do not speak any English and those that do are not so friendly when you want to know information. Not very clean due to the fact when you walk in the door you see shoes everywhere as you are not permitted to wear shoes indoors

It is a fair walk from Union Station. Very steep steps for the front entrance and to the rooms. Wifi doesn't work on upper floors.

Fantastic location with a grocery store down the street. The kitchen was beautiful. The no shoe policy was a little annoying, since the slippers I was given quickly disappeared, other than that the hostel was great.

• 2nd Aug 2013

The hot water in the shower didn't work properly when i stayed and i could hear the people in the room next to mine.

I'm a grown man and I do not like being treated like a teenager or worse as a recruit. Too many demands have the lady running the hostel. As the obligation to leave your shoes at the entrance and wear slippers or surcharges at the fare according to the time when you check in.

I thought it was great - hot water forever - free slippers in exchange for not wearing shoes...THATS A FIRST!... The connection between the houses is still not there, so it takes away from the convenience and communal feel, but once it's back together, it will be great.... since the kitchen is on one side and computers on the other. Also...they let you in at Capital View roof top patio, so it's a nice bonus party spot for free.

• 31st Jul 2013

Best hostel I have stayed at! Met some great people here and the accommodations are supreme. I will always comeback.

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Bulgaria

Hostel is very clean. Staff is very friendly. Good location. I love Deidra!!!!!!! She is the best manager ever!

• 27th Jul 2013
  • Egypt

the last nite I was there . I woke up at nite to go to bathroom was unable to get in due locked door but no one in there

hey there, thanks for high grades on everything! Also, it's an unfortunate thing with your comment, but that just means someone very skillfully closed the door and managed to lock it as well. No worries - it's a bathroom door - they open up easy enough, using a dime. thanks

View all Washington DC Hostels