DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1333 11th st NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA

It was a nice hostel, the facilities were very nice. The only annoying thing was that the kitchen is in one building and half of the bedrooms -including the one i´d stayed in- are in the other building, so you have to leave the hostel and enter the other "wing" and as you can´t wear shoes inside the hostel (dont worry, they lend you some slippers), is a pain if you wanna make a coffe late . Everything looked nice and clean.

• 5th Apr 2013
  • Argentina

They were doing construction on the hostel while we were there (though it should be finsihed within a week), so the two buildings the comprise the property were not connected at the time which was a bit of a hassle, but I definitely would return here if I go back to DC.

very nice in all aspects!

I really appreciated the peacefull atmosphere in DC Lofty. It was quiet and calm, so after a whole day of sightseeing i could take rest. And I loved the beds there, they are soooo comfortable!

hey there, thanks so much for a nice review! And yes those new memory foam beds we have are super awesome - agreed! thank you again!

I loved that I could take my shoes off and walk around in my new and free slippers.... much more comfortable... Also the kitchen is ridiculously nice, as well as the computers, and location is great for going to U street/Dupont... I can't wait for connection between buildings, but way better than most of where I've stayed...

The place was awesome. It was so clean and so many showers. Staff was super friendly and helpful and best of all, it was close to the metro and white house.

hey there, yes! Finally a review about showers again - we have showers one for one, for every room! thanks

Toilet in the bathroom and front-door lock are out of order.

The only thing which was uncomfortable was the fact to have only 1 restroom, it's not enough

Stayed here on two separate occasions. Decent hostel that is tidy, and usually a bit of fun. Probably not a place for a romantic getaway, but nice enough

hey there, thanks for a nice review, and the romantic getaway part is POSSIBLE in our hotel style suite with king size bed, private shower, TV, fridge, etc - it's just that you haven't been in there ;) thanks

Poor communication between hostel world and Dclofty hostel. Had a problem when I contacted hostel world for a day cancellation only to be informed dclofty was not informed and I was thus forced to pay and till date no refund. The pictures seen is not a true representation of actual situation. Aside this, I had a very nice time .

When we arrived, the room had not be cleaned. The bathroom was full of hair, the carpet in the bedroom dirty. When we complained the next day, everything was cleaned but we got a very impolite email that our room had been too messy and that we had left food (toast, red wine, pasta) in the room which apparently is forbidden. Unfortunatelly, nobody had told us that. So all our food was put into the kitchen without labels or asking us. Our toilet was clogged and there was no warm water all the time

hey there, we appreciate the time you've taken to write the review. Please let us clarify! While we ALLOW for check-ins from 10AM to 10PM, it is WELL stated that check-in time is 3pm! That is so that we can CLEAN your room and prepare it for you. As you checked in by 11AM, hung out yourselves and placed your bags and food all over the floor and room at 11AM, we were unable to properly vacuum/clean as we would like..... We could only get in the next day, once you had left. Once again, your things were all over the floor, and we had to move A LOT of things (no worries though!). As we did this, we noticed food all over the floor, so we picked it up for TWO reasons - so that it is clean and OFF the floor, and because as you checked in we did ask you not to have food all over the floor =). It was a nice gesture for us to place your food in the fridges, rather than let it melt on the carpet floor. Your group did clog the toilet - but we fixed it right away! And...... warm water works like magic - as it is fed by two tank-less water heaters that delivery hot water non stop! For hot water to arrive faster, we ask for guests to turn both the shower and the sink on at the same time. More demand for hot water = faster hot water delivery! thank you

Very clean! No shoes in the buildings but they provide slippers for a dollar. A few blocks from Vernon square metro. The water is not very hot. The staffs are nice but sometimes can get quite busy so you may need to wait for a while. Overall, nice hostel.

• 20th Mar 2013
  • China

Thanks for your thoughts, and for noticing our cleanness. We hope that next time you will have time to enjoy our gourmet kitchen and other awesome facilities. Yes, a spring brake one of the most bussiest times for us :), but regardless: to every our guest we have enought time and always are ready to help- DC Lofty team

Atmosphere would have been 'excellent' if I didn't get emails after the stay demanding feedback. That is so low class. Please don't do that to your guests.

• 19th Mar 2013

hey there, we'll take that into consideration! We only send out these reminders to a RANDOM SMALL percentage of folks - and only because so many people forget to leave a review! We would rather welcome ANY sort of review, than nothing at all. Please understand that we have THOUSANDS of people staying over a course of a month, and maybe 20 people leave a review..... thanks for LEAVING A REVIEW! JUST FOR THAT YOU WILL BE ENTERED INTO A $50 RAFFLE, AS STATED PER THAT EMAIL!

Very goof, clean and safe hostel ! However, a little bit far from the attractions and from metro stations. However there is a bus line, but it is not enough to my opinion. Very friendly staff !

• 13th Mar 2013

First of all it was really easy to find.(Not like some other places i've been to). First impression - was surprised by the cleanliness of place, hotel standard. Rooms where great, lots of place for over activities, plus very friendly staff. Thanks again Paul. Definitely will stay again.

Thank you for the outstanding rating! and your review. You are always welcome back to DC Lofty . Safe travels- DC Lofty General Manager Roma M.

Two old houses. nice staff.

Amazing staff, amazing guests. There seem to be some regulars who like to stay here when in town and I can see why. The place is like a home away from home and the shoe's off policy just adds to the comfort. You can walk everywhere form here so it is ideally located. I was travelling alone and the place is friendly and inviting with helpful and relaxed staff. I would definitely stay again.

• 9th Mar 2013

Overall I am pretty satisfied with my staying in DC Lofty. It's a small but lovely hostel. The only problem is that the common shower was cold. ( But the one in our room was warm.)

Thank you for the review. From 13 showers that we have in our small hostel, you can always can find one, that will satisfy you :) We glad that you discover additional shower in your room and got warm shower. Safe travels!- DC Lofty team

Andrea and the rest of the staff were wonderful people. There was no heat in the lobby hallway or kitchen although rooms were warm. The hot water in the shower in room #6 only worked if you turned on the sink in the hallway bathroom. The value was great...I would probably stay again because of the proximity to the Convention Center.

We had a great stay, surprisingly nice for as inexpensive as it was. One thing though. you have to take your shoes off upon entering. I had a pair taken, most likely by mistake, but I would carry my shoes to my room next time instead of leaving them in the racks provided.

View all Washington DC Hostels