DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

Here's alright. The bed is comfortable and I like the smell of it. Probably it's not travel season, no hostel atmosphere at all. It feels like people just find a place to sleep

• 25th Jan 2014
  • China

hey there, thanks so much for your review! Yes, please understand that some days in January the hostel is just half empty, so it's tough to get things going! We do have Wednesdays Yoga, Thursday Pool/Jacuzzi, and go out on Friday/Saturday or have a movie night! More fun with more people for sure!

We stayed there for 3 days and we had an amazing time! The staff is very friendly and the place has a truly cosy enviroment!

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel has a great atmosphere, the building and the staff make you feel at home right away. I really enjoyed my stay in washington DC!

the staff is excellent I think they dont want to spend more money.

This was my first experience at a Hostel..It was the most pleasant experience ...the building was in a great location..the cleanliness of the place was mind blowing and the people were friendly.....

• 8th Jan 2014

Everything was okay. But using the bathroom was quite uncomfortable because hot water didn't come out constantly and one bathroom on my floor was even closed so all the people on my floor had to use only one bathroom. But it was true they have pretty good facilities and we could check our luggage after we checked out. I hope they would offer breakfast.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

hey there, The hot water has been fixed the same day - it was a simple, simple fix that we were struggling for such a long time. We've opened the bathroom right away, after it was cleaned out! Thank you for your kind words. We also do provide free breakfast supplies, through free pancakes, free tea, free coffee, free creamers, free sugar, free salt/oil, and free cooking materials. We do not have the license to prepare food, thank you!

This is by far the best and wonderful hostel I've stayed in when in DC...try them.

• 6th Jan 2014

hey there, cool - thanks so much for that! And we will only keep getting better!

There was only one toilet working in the common room of the building, which was hardly sufficient for a fully booked 2 story building. We stayed for 2 nights and no one seemed to do anything about it. I guess it was because Christmas just was around the corner. Also, everyone had to take off their shoes before entering the building and leave them in the common area, which would be fine if the shoes smelled like roses, but they didn't. I liked the kitchen area, which provided plenty of freedom.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Czech Republic

hey there, thank you for your comments. We do require folks to take their shoes off at the doors, and have fresheners placed heavily in those areas, because we think it's better there than in your room where you try to sleep! Also, in a few days we will be providing free slippers once again! Additionally, every room has it's own shower/bathroom, so we only have on bathroom in the common area, due to the 13 showers/bathrooms for such a small building! thank you so much!

Above 'staff' refers to owners. Actual staffer Mike seemed great.

• 16th Dec 2013

Overall I liked the hostel - it had an older property charm (although from the description on the website I expected it to be refurbished to a greater extent) & I liked the neighbourhood. It was close to the excellent Giant supermarket & a walkable distance to the attractions. However, a few thing lets it down - the shower was never at a temperature I could shower comfortably, it was so cold it was always an ordeal (despite what they said about running the hot tap at the same time as the shower)

• 14th Dec 2013

Bath water is really cold

• 13th Dec 2013
  • China

The location was good. The Hostel is right next to a bus stop and a supermarket and about a 20 minutes walk away from all the sights. The kitchen is well equipped. The showers need quite a while until the water heats up. Our room was located on the top floor and it was incredibly hot in there - even with the window's open it was very hard to sleep there.

Almost everything is nice. Friendly, tidy and clean, nice kitchen. Bathing water is cold. Should be improving in near future.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • China

hey there, thank you for your kind review! Boy was the hot water situation an easy fix.... A simple turn of the inside thermostat in the tank less water heater (sneaky construction). Thank you again!

Great value for the money, friendly and helpful staff, thank you, Paul. I hear they will make even more renovations during winder break, can't wait to visit again.

• 30th Nov 2013

Staff was really friendly and amenities where great. Had a lot of fun at a community table in the evening.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

This is one of my favorite hostels in DC, located close to the mall but in a residential neighborhood. The staff is friendly and the facilities satisfactory. I always meet friendly people at this location. There are computers for public use and two TVs in one building while the adjoining building houses the kitchen.

• 20th Nov 2013

hey, thanks so much for your friendly review. We are ABOUT to connect both buildings after this year's re-paint/up-do over the December month! Basically, the place will be more awesome!

Good reception. Everybody so friendly and nice.

• 15th Nov 2013

hey there, thank you so much, that means a lot for us!

This is THE place to stay in D.C. This is home away from home. We had a private room with our own bathroom, it looked like a first class hotel room. Super clean, very safe and peaceful facility, stuff was awesome and very helpful. Kitchen has super clean, filled with plenty of dishes and every kitchen appliances one may need. Laundry room is is high tech. Laundry room is locked, so your clothing is safe. They have parking. Tourist attractions within walking distance.

Hi Thank you for your review outstanding rate!! Awesome that you enjoyed DC Lofty as much as we're trying to make it enjoyable for all our guests. Enjoy your future travels!

staff was not friendly;unprofessional. wasnt even given a tour of the place or any information about the hostel. just a room number. house had dust and dirt everywhere. mold on shower curtains. only clean place is the kitchen. also, i kept getting bit by mites @night. the atmosphere was dark and gloomy.the way that the staff favored long-term problem guests over short-term guests was distasteful and bad business.this place is more semi-permanent housing for americans than a hostel for travelers

hey there, We're so sorry for your experience, as this sounds like nothing that we strive to provide. We hire the most friendly staff we can find, and always show you to your rooms and give a tour of the place. Also, while surely it is your opinion, we disagree that our location caters to long term american stays, as those guests are a small minority. I just checked all of the curtains - no mold!... Is this about us, or another hostel? Thanks anyways!

Must be pristine for me not to wear shoes. This place does NOT meet those standards. Online pictures look nice but in person it is not. New kitchen appliances look great in pictures taken just after renovation, not so nice when kitchen hasn't been cleaned in a week & swarms of flies greet you as you walk in. The entrance is cluttered, the stairwell marred from suitcases, the office dilapidated, & lockers too small to fit a carry-on suitcase. Dirty, cluttered, cramped, run down, brownstones.

• 26th Oct 2013