DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1335 11th street NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, USA

Very clean hostel, with free wifi and free computers. Common room very clean and comfortable. 6-bed room very nice! Comfortable beds. Definetly recommended!

The staff are nice. The facilities are fine. The leaking hot tap in our shower scolded us a few times. Very loud air conditioning so needed ear plugs. Could do with a lick of paint and modernising to keep up with other hostels but overall ok. I would stay again.

Very good stay for two nights, stayed in my own little room inside a room with a friend. Showers were great, not far from main attractions in city like white house

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay. Friendly staff and decent rooms. Rooms are a bit all over the place but some might enjoy this.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel could be not the cheaper, but definitely is a amazing place, everything is clean and well organized.

• 17th Aug 2014

El agua caliente de la regadera va y viene, por todo lo de mas excelente lugar!

I was not satisfied with this hostel. It's a 15 minute walk to a metro. There are weird looking bugs in their bathrooms. There's only two computers and no printer. I asked to print and they told me to email the document to them and they'd print it, without informing me that they don't delete emails afterwards. Thankfully a nicer guy who works there deleted it. No one working there is on the same page and they don't know how to work as a team. Some don't inform you of all their amenities.

Everything is ok

• 11th Aug 2014
  • China

I called a few days ahead to confirm my reservation which was confirmed. I called the morning I was supposed to check in and asked if I could drop off my bag and come back later that night to check in. When I returned, they said they were overbooked and sent me to a different hostel, inconveniently located 20 minutes away. I had lugged my bag there, 20 minutes from the metro, already that morning and now needed to do it again, but this time after dark. Maybe help with the cab next time at least

• 6th Aug 2014

Great place to stay in DC, not to far from the subway and near a market and stuffs to do.

• 4th Aug 2014

When came to check-in I was greeted by an irritated staff member, who seemed to be bothered by me checking in. The dorm I was staying in seemingly had no airconditioning and was way too hot, and was not clean enough. The social areas of the hostel aren't big enough to really get a group together and go out.

hey there, thanks for your comments. We apologize if any of our staff have been a bit less than friendly, and for that reason, we've made some changed of personnel in the last few weeks. The hostel has 4 zone HVAC that works quite well, and we've got room units installed as well for top floors, on the days when it's really hot and humid. Between those two, it should be nice and chilly! We've got quite a lot of common space, across the entire first floor, sorry if not enough =(

Very central and safe place with good athmosphere. Quiet at night, no party hostel. Good kitchen. Unfortunately way too little chairs and tables and equipment ( cups, glasses, cutlery:) problem around breakfast and Dinner! Old house does need a handyman for repairs in between . Airco not always working in room. Replacement certain mattrasses necessary! With that happening: Great Hostel! Thank you.

En realidad solo me alojé por una noche, por lo que pude ver el hostal está bastante bien, las zonas comunes son amplias, todo está limpio y está bien ubicado, unos pocos minutos de una zona de restaurantes y clubs bastante buena y a un paseo de 20 minutos de las principales atrcciones de la ciudad.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Spain

DC Lofty is a wonderful place to stay while you are in Washington DC. The staff is SUUUUPER friendly and Mike (the manager) is AWESOME!! They would do most anything to help and accomidate your needs. However, I personally felt it was kind of a walk and out of the way to get there but aside from that not a bad word to say about it!

• 19th Jul 2014

DC Lofty is like Washington itself: too clean, with too many rules.

hey there, thanks for this - we found it funny =). We think our location is pretty good, especially (as mentioned before) due to the fact that it's here on purpose. If looking for chinatown, please book at Capital View, as DC Lofty is perfect for Dupont and Convention Center areas. We will improve the character though! We're adding all types of events/tours/rentals/etc! Additionally we're upgrading our rooms again, but now with some flair in it too!

The hostel looks old and need to be renewed! My room had a noisy A/C that was not working really well and the mattress was too thin. But having a charger and a spotlight for each bed was something that I really like!

진짜 깔끔하고 좋아요. 침구도 귀엽고 깨끗하고 에어컨도 있구 다 있는지 모르겠지만 방에 샤워실이 있어서 너무 편리했어요. 비록 따뜻한 물은 안나왔지만.....제일 좋았던건 침대에서 삐그덕 소리가 전혀 안나는것과 슬리퍼 제공!

O Hostel e bom! Funcionarios prestativos, mas faltou travesseiro em uma das camas.

• 4th Jul 2014

总体评价:物有所值,单人旅行者的优良选择。 优点很多:这家旅社位于地铁线附近,去华盛顿市内的交通极其方便。附近100米内有一家大型超市Giant,购买生活物品,小食极其便捷。旅社设计合理,噪声小,房间隔音效果好。浴室很大,装修精美,并且有充足免费的洗手液和沐浴液提供。厨房和客厅也十分大和舒适。4人间安全,安静,休息舒适。价格合理,每晚约40-50美元。 略有不足:无线信号不是太强,容易掉线且网速一般。床垫略微有些软。 Overall evaluation: Excellent, best choice for single travel Positive: Convenient transportation by subway. Near by Giant super market. Quiet, less noise from other rooms. Big washing room and nice decoration. Big and nice kitchen. Reasonable price. Negative: weak wifi, soft bed

Sehr schönes Hostel gewesen. Wurden gut eingewiesen und es wurde einem alles gezeigt. Sehr schöne und große geräumige Küche mit Super Ausstattung. Ebenfalls sehr schöne Aufenthaltsmöglichkeiten innerhalb des Hstels mit großen Fernsehern und freiem Internetzugang an 2 PC`s. Die Zimmer waren außerordentlich sauber ! Ein Manko war das wasser in der Dusche, wobei nur sehr wenjg wasser aus der leitung kam und meisst nur kalt.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4