DC Lofty - Convention Center Reviews

1333 11th st NW, Washington DC, Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA

Comfortable, relaxed and easy going. A very nice hostel within easy walking distance of the sights of D.C. but far away enough to be quite at night. Comfy beds, full cooking facilities and lockers provided (but, as usual, bring your own padlock). Only a short walk from bars and pubs too! The staff were all friendly, happy to help and the manager was very knowledgeable and easy to chat with. Would definitely recommend this place to friends!

The stuff were pretty nice but inside the dorm was terrible. It was really hot, dry and noisy. It was over 80 degree in DC while I was there but they still kept the heater on 24 hours per day. It was really insane, loud, and it dried me out. Also, don't expect shower nicely because they don't have hot water at most time. All people in my dorm complained about these but we just don't know if they care because nothing changed. I had very very very bad qulity of sleeping for my several nights.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • China

Matrasses smell dirty and notl possibility to open a window in the (private twins) room

• 7th Apr 2014

I was in a four bed dorm with ensuite. It did not even have hot water.the place needed a good clean

I had to pay 14% more of the price contrary to what was said in my contract: when it says "balance due" in the contract I understand that this is ALL that is due, and that there is NOTHING that needs to be added!!!!! Bad surprise for me when I arrived; hot shower only when the tap it wanted to give you hot shower... not environment friendly to have to have the tap opened while showering; someone ate my breakfast on the last day so I had to have pasta for breakfast; not always wifi.

It's like a half hour walk to all the monuments and stuff, which isn't bad but it gets kind of old. Inside is clean and the staff is helpful. Security in the hostel was definitely not a problem, the neighborhood isn't the best but at the same time its not in the ghetto or anything that bad either.

Liked it a lot, atmosphere was GREAT and location too. I could get the bike (try the bikeshare!) everyday downtown, barely any traffic and just minutes away from everything. The staff was great too.

Great place to stay in D.C. Super close to two super markets and the National Mall is a 30 min walk away. Don't bring a frozen pizza or a large roast for there is the lack of a oven. I would have to say that is the only down side to this amazing off the international chain hostel grid. Definitely recommend a stay here at this place, I know I will be back when I'm in the Capitol.

• 29th Mar 2014

ayakkabıların çıkartılarak ev ortamı sağlanması çok güzel

Mike was awesome! DC Lofty is really cute and the staff was amazing. A little pricey, but it was a great place to stay!!!

2014年3月9日に一泊だけしたのでレビュー 宿の入り口や部屋のドアには暗証番号を入力するタイプの鍵がついてるので、セキュリティーに関してはまずまずかと思います。 しかも、部屋の中に鍵を閉じ込めてしまう心配がありません←重要 場所はUnion Stationから歩いて30-40分ぐらい。宿の近くに小さいスーパーとコインランドリーがあります。 スーパーには基本的な食材以外に、そばつゆ、味噌、麻婆豆腐の素やふりかけ(賞味期限切れ)も売ってます。 コインランドリーの洗濯機は相場より高めでした($3.25ぐらい) 宿で洗濯は出来ると思いますが、シャワールームが狭い。 スタッフは他と比べるといまひとつ(気にするほどではない) 空調も問題なしですが、部屋の窓を開けれません。 宿の入り口で靴を脱いでスリッパに履き替えるシステムなので綺麗な「はず」。 ホステルの周りもそこそこ綺麗でした。 値段は高いと思いますが設備は良いです。 XBox 360ありましたしPCも多かった。CoD :BO2だったかな。 でも、食器が少ないですね食器が←本当に 総合的に見ると『良い宿』でした。

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Japan

I lived in a 4-person dorm, it was not clean and the shower of the bathroom was bad -- small and weird temperature. The kitchen was kind of dirty, maybe because too many people were using it.

hey there, thank you for your comments, We have updated all of our facilities, and maybe we can think of some color changes for the bathroom - thanks for your input. We also clean everything like crazy, so we will make sure that it stays that way in the future, thanks

I really liked the hostel i would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a place to sleep in DC. Nice staff

• 9th Mar 2014

What I loved about the hostel was the atmosphere, the other guests and the very nice staff – except of one person who checked in an obviously homeless woman. She doesn't belong to a hostel that is based on trust so I did not feel safe with her in my room. But the staff apologized when I complained the next morning. Despite that I enjoyed staying there a lot. But in my room on second floor there was almost no hot water at the shower... that definitely has to change soon if you ask me.

• 5th Mar 2014

Our experience was great! The room and facilities were excellent, great spaces to hang out in and meet people. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful with all of our questions, a big thank you to Mike who we would have been lost without. Not too far to walk to all the touristy attractions, and also not far from the metro. The people were awesome and friendly, we made some great friends and we'll definitely be back for another visit!

• 20th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

hey there, thank you so much for such a nice review, and even a shout-out! He'll be happy to hear, thanks again!

We enjoyed a great stay at DC Lofty. It is an older building so careful about your expectations. Thank you guys for putting us up for the weekend!

• 15th Feb 2014

hey there, thanks so much for a great review! While it is an older building - it has been completely renovated and updated every year since - with new AND MODERN: HVAC systems, showers/bathrooms, kitchen, hangout areas, computers, flatt screen TVs. thanks so much!

El personal es muy amable. La localización es muy buena, así como el precio. Aunque necesitan hacer algunos arreglos porque las instalaciones son viejas.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Mexico

Here's alright. The bed is comfortable and I like the smell of it. Probably it's not travel season, no hostel atmosphere at all. It feels like people just find a place to sleep

• 25th Jan 2014
  • China

hey there, thanks so much for your review! Yes, please understand that some days in January the hostel is just half empty, so it's tough to get things going! We do have Wednesdays Yoga, Thursday Pool/Jacuzzi, and go out on Friday/Saturday or have a movie night! More fun with more people for sure!

We stayed there for 3 days and we had an amazing time! The staff is very friendly and the place has a truly cosy enviroment!

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel has a great atmosphere, the building and the staff make you feel at home right away. I really enjoyed my stay in washington DC!

View all Washington DC Hostels