DEN's INN Reviews

Kawaguchi 2853-1, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Mount Fuji, Japan

The owner was very kind to us. The atmosphere around the hostel was very lovely and you can easily walk to Kawaguchiko Music forest and Mount Fuji view.

This was the CLEANEST, FRIENDLIEST and MOST COZY hostel I have ever stayed at, I can't wait to go back! The location is perfect for viewing Fuji & the lake; I could see Fuji from my bed. The staff is AMAZING. Kohei went out of his way to make my stay comfortable: He booked my next hostel & a sake brewery tour (highly recommended!) and gave me a ride. The hostel is CLEAN- showers are private, toilets clean, floors carpeted. Bikes are great! Great Onsen nearby. Great cafe in the hostel, very cozy!

On a raining cold evening we arrived at Den's Inn all the way from Nikko on the last train. Even after reception hours we came to a lovely note addressed to us and map of how to get to our room. Our room had fresh towels and a warm heater on for us. Such a pleasure and definitely recommend it for visiting Mount Fuji!

• 24th Nov 2014

The owner was very helpful. He collected me from the station as I had missed the last bus and arrived within 10 mins. He then stopped at a local supermarket so I could grab some dinner on the way to the hostel. I used one of his bikes for free to tour around the lake, which had beautiful views of Mount Fuji. The hostel was really clean and the wifi worked well.

• 23rd Nov 2014

The hostel is nice and clean and the bunks are spacious too. A nice addition would be to have a security locker or something. I love the thoughts put into the decoration! The cafe area has many vintage collections and posters. Even the little signs and reminders have a theme and humour to the pictures attached to the words so it's not just ordinary signs of reminder. There's actually a personality to the hostel rather than just a regular traveller's hostel. Great place to stay!

Very nice staff and beautiful location on the lake. Cheap breakfast available and free bike rental. Nice place to stay.

The location may seem a bit remote, but is in fact EXCELLENT if you're in Kawaguchiko for the views of Mt. Fuji. Lawson's and 7-eleven are just a block away. The rental bikes are a very, very nice bonus. Overall, if I'm ever in Kawaguchiko again, I will definitely stay in DEN's INN.

The hostel was easy to find, pretty close to metro station. So travelling around the city was easy. Nice accommodation with good rooms (private). Unfortunately no kitchen. Guesthouse was fully booked due to many events in town, so could only book one night :( Downside was some other guest returning (probably from the concert) in the middle of the night, taking a shower and drying her hair and washing her clothes ...which was way too loud. So had to tell her to stop, twice!

Thank you for having me, Den's Inn was very quiet and relaxing. I enjoyed my night there a lot!

• 25th Oct 2014

Great guest house. Magnificent view of the lake and Mount Fuji only minutes walk away. Would definitely recommend. Friendly owner and free bike rental!

Nothing but praises about Denn's Inn! Very beautiful hostel, very comfortable, clean and good location which is very near Lake Kawaguciko for the perfect view of Mt. Fuji! 1. BIKE USE IS FREE! Yey! 2. STAFF ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING- Mayumi picked us up at the train station at 8pm, she even drove us back there when we checked out, helped us to buy tickets and drove us to nearest atm when we ran out of cash 3. THEY MAKE GOOD COFFEE 4. STAFF WILLING TO ASSIST YOU- Thank you Kohei!

Good locations although the managers were outside a lot. If you stay here don't miss the opportunity of visiting the Orgel Music Forest, it's across the street. :)

This place is quite a bit out of Kawaguchi town and the bus is an absolute must to get anywhere. A bit out on it's own at night. A 7-11 store is a block away. It's very clean, modern, has good facilities, has a big balcony and the rooms are spacious. It is in a great location to view Mt Fuji when it is not covered in cloud!! Breakfast, towels etc are available but at extra cost. Bicycles are free to borrow and cycling round Lakes Kawaguchiko and Saiko is recommended. I'm happy to recommend it

Very nice hotel! Close t o the lake, very nice area, near the music forest museum. A little far from the train station - you need to a take a bus/taxi, but that's OK. Very nice area. They also give free bicycles so that makes up for that. Overall great place.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Israel

It is a nice place and the staff is very friendly. It is directly at the road, very close to Lake Kawaguchiko. It is quite some time away from the station though.

Great place and great staff.

I stayed three nights in DEN'S INN. It is a bit far from Kawaguschiko town, which can be an issue arriving, but in everyday live it shouldnt as there are bikes for free available, which is awesome! i went one day with the bike to fuji q highland and the next around two lakes nearby. the hostel also offers pick up service, buses are available, but not until late and taxis shouldnt be too expensive too. convinience stores are near by. the hostel is one of the cleanest i have ever stayed in!

This friendly hostel is a little out of the way of the action - but it's right on the lake shore, and the bus from Kawaguchiko station will bring you right there. They will also be happy to rent you a bike for free, which was really useful for us. Security - basically anyone could just walk in. There was no lock on the room door or hostel main door - and no lockers to store your valuables. It feels secure because it's Japan - but if you're worried about these things, take notice.

It's clean and quiet. Near the lake where you can spot mt Fuji from a distance. They have free bike which very handy for going around the town to compensate it's distance from most shops are. The staff is very friendly. Really enjoy my stay there and will stay there again when I am back in town.

Very nice new and well maintained hostel. It's on the northern side of Kawaguichiko which means it's a bit of a journey from the station. That's not a problem on a day to day basis as there are free bicycles available for use. The hostel facilities are all clean and there's a good atmosphere in the hostel with people doing the Mt Fuji climb and just enjoying the local area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3