DEN's INN Reviews

Kawaguchi 2853-1, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Mount Fuji, Japan

I like the decoration in Den's Inn. It's warm

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

I've stayed in hostels all over the world, and this was definitely one of the best! Super friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere, comfortable, good location--its got it all!

• 20th Mar 2015

Nice hostel/ guest house with views of Fuji. Was mostly empty when I was there which was during off peak season. Good location for getting around kawaguchiko and Saiko. Poor security as anybody could walk in and nowhere to lock your belongings.

The owner of the hostel made us and the other guests feel very unwelcome as she was quite cold towards us. The place is clean and safe but was overpriced, especially since we were asked to pay extra for the newyear period. The only hostel I've ever stayed in that charges you for a teabag or teaspoon of instant coffee. I would avoid, especially if travelling alone.

We got to rent bicycles, got a cheap ride back to the station, and the staff was helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much.

really perfect!! the bus station is next to the hostel but you have also a bike for free so you can visit a lot of places around the lake by your self. Close to the hostel you have mini markets and restaurants. Highly recommended!!!

The owner was very kind to us. The atmosphere around the hostel was very lovely and you can easily walk to Kawaguchiko Music forest and Mount Fuji view.

This was the CLEANEST, FRIENDLIEST and MOST COZY hostel I have ever stayed at, I can't wait to go back! The location is perfect for viewing Fuji & the lake; I could see Fuji from my bed. The staff is AMAZING. Kohei went out of his way to make my stay comfortable: He booked my next hostel & a sake brewery tour (highly recommended!) and gave me a ride. The hostel is CLEAN- showers are private, toilets clean, floors carpeted. Bikes are great! Great Onsen nearby. Great cafe in the hostel, very cozy!

On a raining cold evening we arrived at Den's Inn all the way from Nikko on the last train. Even after reception hours we came to a lovely note addressed to us and map of how to get to our room. Our room had fresh towels and a warm heater on for us. Such a pleasure and definitely recommend it for visiting Mount Fuji!

• 24th Nov 2014

The owner was very helpful. He collected me from the station as I had missed the last bus and arrived within 10 mins. He then stopped at a local supermarket so I could grab some dinner on the way to the hostel. I used one of his bikes for free to tour around the lake, which had beautiful views of Mount Fuji. The hostel was really clean and the wifi worked well.

• 23rd Nov 2014

The hostel is nice and clean and the bunks are spacious too. A nice addition would be to have a security locker or something. I love the thoughts put into the decoration! The cafe area has many vintage collections and posters. Even the little signs and reminders have a theme and humour to the pictures attached to the words so it's not just ordinary signs of reminder. There's actually a personality to the hostel rather than just a regular traveller's hostel. Great place to stay!

Very nice staff and beautiful location on the lake. Cheap breakfast available and free bike rental. Nice place to stay.

The location may seem a bit remote, but is in fact EXCELLENT if you're in Kawaguchiko for the views of Mt. Fuji. Lawson's and 7-eleven are just a block away. The rental bikes are a very, very nice bonus. Overall, if I'm ever in Kawaguchiko again, I will definitely stay in DEN's INN.

The hostel was easy to find, pretty close to metro station. So travelling around the city was easy. Nice accommodation with good rooms (private). Unfortunately no kitchen. Guesthouse was fully booked due to many events in town, so could only book one night :( Downside was some other guest returning (probably from the concert) in the middle of the night, taking a shower and drying her hair and washing her clothes ...which was way too loud. So had to tell her to stop, twice!

Thank you for having me, Den's Inn was very quiet and relaxing. I enjoyed my night there a lot!

• 25th Oct 2014

Great guest house. Magnificent view of the lake and Mount Fuji only minutes walk away. Would definitely recommend. Friendly owner and free bike rental!

Nothing but praises about Denn's Inn! Very beautiful hostel, very comfortable, clean and good location which is very near Lake Kawaguciko for the perfect view of Mt. Fuji! 1. BIKE USE IS FREE! Yey! 2. STAFF ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING- Mayumi picked us up at the train station at 8pm, she even drove us back there when we checked out, helped us to buy tickets and drove us to nearest atm when we ran out of cash 3. THEY MAKE GOOD COFFEE 4. STAFF WILLING TO ASSIST YOU- Thank you Kohei!