DEN's INN Reviews

Kawaguchi 2853-1, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Mount Fuji, Japan

This place was a gem! I read reviews that the location wasn't ideal, but after spending some time in the area, I considered its location the best. Walk across the street and you get a magnificent view of Fuji across the lake. The people that run the hostel are amazing also, very helpful, very friendly, very accommodating, and very good English. I wish I could have stayed longer! Only a small downer was the breakfast, a little light for me. Still give them 100% tho!

This is a fantastic place, incredibly friendly and enjoyable! Well placed for Fuji and the lake, easy to get to and from and very peaceful. Bikes are free and i recommend doing a ride around the lake, stunning. Don't just do a Fuji day trip, take a few days and enjoy the area!

This hostel = average. It's about a 10 minute ride from the Kawaguchico station which you can take a highway bus to/from Tokyo, as well as one up to the base (5th station) of Mt. Fuji. Sometimes the staff weren't around but overall they were very nice and pretty accommodating. A few marks of service: one of the owners offered to drive me to a nearby 7/11 when it was raining, as well as to stop at a supermarket to grab some clothes. Further, they drove me at the last second to catch my train!

Way over priced for what it is. Location is really far away from the main area and when we were there it was pretty empty. Staff treated us like more of a nuisance than paying guests.

The place was very homey and comfortable. I went during a less busy season so it was kind of a quiet experience. The inn is on the north side of the lake so it can be a trek sometimes if you plan on going towards the station area. Great place and great owners.

Clean, friendly, helpful. Good location with Fuji views. Free bikes, access to laundry. Really grea showers. Not to sound like too much of a princess but the beds were very hard but I solved that by borrowing another mattress from a spare bed. Main gripe was no lockers and no locking doors, anyone could walk in. I have a PacSafe but would have felt my valuables were potentially vulnerable if not although there was no reason to suspect danger of this other than usual secueity awareness.

Lovely place and staff. A bit far from kawaguchiko station, but pick up and drop off service available!

Thank you so much for a lovely stay. We really enjoyed staying here. Borrowing the bikes was great, we cycled all the way around the lake and it was really great to get around. We liked the feel of your hostel, the antiques were really interesting and a nice touch to the decor. The breakfast was good value but only toast, a little more variety would be nice. Thanks for a great stay. I would consider staying here again if I come back to Kawaguchiko.

Den's is a very nice place ,if i have a chance i will back here again.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Owner was warm, friendly and helpful. It was very nice to have her small cafe on the first floor as a space to relax and grab a bite to eat. The only downside was the bunk beds were very uncomfortable for me. If you are young, traveling with companions, this may be a good option. But as a solo traveler, it wasn't very comfortable. Security for my bag was a concern. All the rooms per full of people and there wasn't any space to store valuables or secure my luggage while I was out site seeing.

I had a great time, met some nice people and was treated very well by the staff. I would definitely stay there again if I have the chance.

I like the decoration in Den's Inn. It's warm

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

We were picked up from the station for cheaper than a taxi would have been, I had a great view of Fuji from my bed when I woke up! Small but good hostel

I've stayed in hostels all over the world, and this was definitely one of the best! Super friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere, comfortable, good location--its got it all!

• 20th Mar 2015