DEN's INN Reviews

Kawaguchi 2853-1, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Mount Fuji, Japan

Lovely sweet hostel. Probably not ideal for solo travellers looking to make friends/meet people but lovely for groups or couples. Hotel owner lovely lovely lady and so helpful!!

Hostel is about 40 minutes walk from the train station on the other side of the lake. The owner was extremely welcoming, the room was great and the hostel has bikes that you can use for free - definitely take advantage of that and cycle round the lake.

First impression; not so good. Asked for the pick up service and the owner (or one of the workers?) came an hour later and seemed annoyed. I booked a private twin bed room and suddenly got thrown into a japanese room. She was helpful and friendly enough later however. Location is very far from the train station, however free bikes are offered so if you're the active sort it will be no problem. I wouldn't stay here again but if you had to stay here it's decent and won't ruin your trip

This place was a gem! I read reviews that the location wasn't ideal, but after spending some time in the area, I considered its location the best. Walk across the street and you get a magnificent view of Fuji across the lake. The people that run the hostel are amazing also, very helpful, very friendly, very accommodating, and very good English. I wish I could have stayed longer! Only a small downer was the breakfast, a little light for me. Still give them 100% tho!

This is a fantastic place, incredibly friendly and enjoyable! Well placed for Fuji and the lake, easy to get to and from and very peaceful. Bikes are free and i recommend doing a ride around the lake, stunning. Don't just do a Fuji day trip, take a few days and enjoy the area!

This hostel = average. It's about a 10 minute ride from the Kawaguchico station which you can take a highway bus to/from Tokyo, as well as one up to the base (5th station) of Mt. Fuji. Sometimes the staff weren't around but overall they were very nice and pretty accommodating. A few marks of service: one of the owners offered to drive me to a nearby 7/11 when it was raining, as well as to stop at a supermarket to grab some clothes. Further, they drove me at the last second to catch my train!

Way over priced for what it is. Location is really far away from the main area and when we were there it was pretty empty. Staff treated us like more of a nuisance than paying guests.

The place was very homey and comfortable. I went during a less busy season so it was kind of a quiet experience. The inn is on the north side of the lake so it can be a trek sometimes if you plan on going towards the station area. Great place and great owners.