DIC Hostel Reviews

Poljanska cesta 26, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Actually seems like a student dorm in a college. but essentially clean and basic facilities. Good enough

The breakfast is only in the week and not in the weekend and we couldn't use the parking.

Wifi didn't work on any floors except for the reception level - where there is minimal seating, was told multiple times a technician was coming to fix and it didn't happen. Kitchen facilities were non-existent, and it's quite a walk from the main bus/train station, at least 20 mins. However, staff were really helpful and friendly and the 12 person dorm was huge, clean and very comfortable.

Very nice room i was given by a lovely Gent at check in, Very helpful guy , only 20 min walk into town, Breakfast was basic but hey ho you are in a hostel not the Ritz, would definitely stay again, recommend it 100%. Many thanks again to chap at reception, ( forgot name )

Near the centre in the location of the university. Very good value for money. Simple but clean rooms, breakfast is better than in Italy.

Near to city centre and good breakfast, so value for money. Not so easy place to meet new people. Showers / toilets mostly clean.

It's a great hostel, near the centre. Big plus was secured parking lot. Staff was great and room and bathroom were neat and tidy. Only minus was mistake of the staff with our reservation so we had to pay couple of € extra. All in all ---> 10/10

We came to this hostel to spend a night in Ljubljana and left in the morning, so no long staying. I have a feeling, that the building is actually a student-dormitory, so the rooms arent really spacy and made for hanging out, but clean, with a bed, a chair and place at the table for each person, and quite fine for sleeping. Hostel might be a little difficult to find, but there are signs to help you. The BREAKFAST was TOTALLY WORTH it! Overall, VERY GOOD place to stay, dont expect nothing special.

It is a dorm for student, that was converted to a hostel. Room is spacious with large table (study table). We walked from bus station, about 30 mins. There is no elevator so you have to carry your bag or suitcase up. Initially we stayed in 6-bed or 8-bed dorm, but staff was nice to give us upgrade to 3bed room and saving some energy to carry big suitcase up. Still we were on third floor that time. Breakfast is provided, but we left too early and miss it.

Ett jättefint hostel jämfört med många andra vi bodde på under vår resa. Det var ett dåligt utrustat kök men i övrigt var allt kanon, ett plus för frukostbuffén som ingick. Hostelet ligger lite utanför centrum men eftersom Ljubljana är så litet tog det bara 15 min att gå till centrum.

We stayed at DIC Hostel twice and I must say our second stay was even better. We were in B building and it was much quieter and more modern. There were no locked cupboards in our room but all the other positives about this stay made this only a minor issue. Again the staff went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and we had everything we needed there.

Would depend on the person, i would put out the negatives of the place and leave it up to them. i did not like mixed toilets, men using the uninals while i walk past to the toilet is not on. The staff were nice and helpful, great

Staff was eccellent and made a great first impression. Room was nothing special, basic student room, but was clean and shared bathroom for 4 rooms was good, and not crowded at all. Location is a bit off center, but walkable on the riverbank. Signs were a bit misleading, luckily in the rain some helpful guy pointed us to the second building in the courtyard.

Really friendly staff, but otherwise not a good place to stay. I was in a rundown fifth floor room with a grim bathroom down the hallway. The whole place is a fairly shabby student halls of residence. While the staff are lovely, they got the airport bus times wrong, and at one stage couldn’t find the passport I had left with them (“You didn’t tell us it would be in the safe”).

Hey! Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Apologies for the minute of confusion with the passport, we had 200 passports there at the time and it took a short while to locate it. We closed down the fifth floor now, it was only open since we had the whole building (newer rooms) totally booked. Still, we think 12€ a night in a clean room with (we admit) older furniture including a self-service all-you-can-eat breakfast is the best deal in town.

Overall DIC is a GREAT hostel. Fantastic staff, perfect location and cheap! We were in A building on first stay & one negative is it was incredibly noisy. Most nights people came back from clubbing between midnight & 5am creating continuous noise. Perhaps having a security person to try stop this could help? The other problem was security. We had two locked cupboards (very flimsy) - 1 broke & we found in the public rooms people did steal. Had to bring out all our cash and passports everywhere!

This place is a super cool hostel...I mean if you want a place that has all the necessary facilities from sports to food etc..Its centrally located(5min) on foot to city center and party areas.Great thing is its quiet and clean and you can really relax after some wild partying in LJ. The staff are extremely helpful and gave us lots of info on what to do and where to go. ALL the receptionists are super cute(++):-).. Thanks DIC for taking care of me! Filipe

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Portugal

The first time I stayed here I was on the older side where their were no facilities and the toilets you had to walk past men at the urinals to get to a toilet. When I went to reception to say I didn't think this was right I was told well no other women had complained. When I asked the other women on my floor they said they didn't like it, but 2 would go and one would wait outside door and not let a man in till they had finished. As I was travelling on own , I couldn't do this.

A really good hostel, with a really good staff, a really good breakfast (only in summer)!! To recommand!

Bins in room please and advertise facilities more.

• 20th Jul 2014

Dirty bathrooms, disorganized staff, no a/c (too warm on 5th floor)....but good selection for breakfast and it was included.