Da Luciano - Backpackers

Very Good 104 Total Reviews

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
8th Aug 2017
2.6

I have never had a worse experience. Upon arrival the incomptent man at the desk tried for thirty minutes to charge me twice what I had booked for. They took us to our apartment which was decent and they told us we had to move after one night. Which was not in the agreement. We moved the second day against our wishes to a spot miles away at the top of a huge hill. The day we checked out they once again tried to charge us extra after the fact. This is a scam and no one should stay there.

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
7th Aug 2017

I loved this place!! Riomaggiore is set on a steep hill, so of course there is a bit of a climb when you get there but it's so worth it!! The owner, Lucianno was really nice and helpful and hd great local knowledge. After 2 nights in a lovely private room which was more like an apartment , I moved to a dorm as my friend was travelling to Milan and I wanted to stay longer. The dorm was really close to the Marina, had nice clean beds and an ensuite bathroom. Would definitely recommend!

• jimwilliams10795363
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Aug 2017
3.1

Advertised as air conditioning on the site as that's why I booked the place, didn't have it. You'd cave into the beds nothing to hold your body weight, the staff were dodgy and the place had one toilet and a shower together between up to 10 people.

23rd Jul 2017
6.0

The location was very far from the location of the office. Company owner was not very friendly and did not offer any information; in fact, he seemed to be frustrated that I was struggling to keep up with him on my walk with all my luggage. While I understand that the area and time of year results in increased prices in this area, I think that I overpaid for this facility. One good thing about staying here is that the place was very clean, and the individuals cleaning the rooms each day was kind.

21st Jun 2017

They have several rooms around the city, the location listed is just for the office. I had a private room which was very nice, clean and had working air conditioning. It was all the way at the top of the hill and required a lot of walking but it was still a great place to stay. Luciano is a very nice person to stay with

• vinifiore3854
  • Brazil, Couple, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
20th Jun 2017

Excellent stay, we loved the room, the bathrooms and the location everything was always very clean. One day we'll come back and stay again with Luciano in Cinque Terre.

• Ireland, Couple, 31-40
15th Jun 2017

Best hostel we have stayed in! Really clean and the staff are really helpful! Excellent place!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
9th Jun 2017
2.0

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! It is not where they indicate themselves on the map (right near the marina) which is very misleading. The actual property is set way out of the main town, over a ridge at the end of Via De Gasperi road. After realising the property was not where indicated, I said I wanted to change rooms (would have paid) to which I was laughed at. When I asked for my money back to go else where I was called a PIG & a WOLF from the aggressive owner. Ended up stranded and ruined trip

6th Jun 2017

We only stayed one night in a private room. The room itself was great, very clean and had all you needed, and we even got a free upgrade to a room with a private bathroom which was fantastic. The lady who checked us in was very helpful. The location is excellent and close to all amenities. The only downside was that there was no wifi in our room which was slightly annoying but at reception you could log onto their Wi-Fi and do any essential stuff which was appreiciated.

• Hong Kong, Male, 41+
2nd Jun 2017
6.9

We drove directly to Riomaggoire and parked the car there. It costs €25/ night and the garage is just beneath the apartment, secure and convenient. Location is a bit high. It's perfectly okay if you do not carry luggage like us. Suggest take less. They have kettle and provide free coffee. You need to call the staff if you arrive early. Better to have a telephone.