Dahab Hostel Reviews

26 Mahmoud Bassiouny St., Cairo, Egypt

Pretty average place, but probably the best around for the price.

This is a good choice for your budget. But I don't know why there are lots of annoying flies here. Also, there's no air conditioner in my room, which was a big deal for me in the hot summer in Cairo.

Thank you for your comment, we have rooms with A/C for different prices, We are sorry for the flies, we have their traps set all over the hostel but it doesn't catch them all. We will improve our solutions with this issue, Thanks for highlighting :)

Good location. Rooftop terrace is nice and hot showers. Place is a little run down. Staff try and push their expensive tours a fair bit.

Thank you for your comment, we will take these issues into our consideration. Hopefully your, next visit you will find a noticeable difference.

The problem that I had with them was when I wanted to do the picking up from the airport, I did by them website, and then sent them some emails (no replies), for sure when I arrived at the airport no one was waiting for me, so I had to took a taxi by my self. In general is in fact a Oasis in the middle of this hotest City. Pretty good basic stuff in there. Is good for the money that you paid.

Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry for the pickup inconvenience, it was on a very short notice, usually its preferable to book it at least two nights earlier and cancellation is one night earlier than arrival. Next time this won't happen again :)

I had an amazing time at Dahab hostel, it had the perfect atmosphere for a laid back vacation. The staff were super helpful and super friendly. Imiss everyone already. As a solo female traveler I never felt security there was a problem. They also arranged my airport pickup and drop off and it was pretty reasonable. I will definitely stay there again and I would recommend staying there to anyone. ^_^

Thank you very much for your beautiful review, We enjoyed your stay with us and all the music played that you sang with your beautiful voice :) We are waiting for your next visit.

One of the best place to stay in Egypt right in the city centre and next to the National museum. Staff is very helpful. Hostel is located on amazing rooftop where we spend so much nice time!

Thank you very much for your beautiful review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us :)

The hostel was unreal based in the middle of Cairo! Easy access to everywhere the staff were amazing they sorted out all the trips and helped with local information! One of the best I've been to will definitely return!

Thank you very much for your review. You are a cool guy and we're waiting for your next visit :)

Great place - the rooftop location gives you air to breathe, and lots of space to hang out either with others or by yourself (we were travelling with school age kids, and it worked out nicely for them, too). Our room and private bathroom was clean, always hot water. Staff were very helpful and reliable to organize train tickets (at a cost, but that's ok), even though initially it seemed that everything was sold out for the day we wanted to travel. We'd go back any time!

Thank you for your review, we enjoyed your stay with your family, we are waiting for your next visit :)

I booked the room with the deposit but when I arrived they had given away my room. They moved me from the single I booked to a double with another person whose reservation they didn't hold. However we could not enter the room until 11 in the evening! When I went to pay for the room the next day they wanted to charge me more for having a more expensive room- which I refused to pay! The wifi worked poorly.

You were upgraded to a better room without extra costs, the extra charge was a 1.5 EGP calculation mistake. We know guests like you very well, who act unsatisfied to get a free stay or a big discount. We have the highest internet possible speed Egypt, It was slow cause you were downloading stuff from illegal torrents.

The Hostel was really good. The Staff, exept of the woman in the kitchen, was so nice and very helpful. They help guests to get the train tickets and we even booked the tour to the white desert. It was amazing. You can ask them for anything and they will gladly help you. We loved to hang out in the hostel, and to talk to all the people there. Best place to stay in Cairo!!!!

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you loved the place. Sorry for the lady, Excuse her English misunderstanding. Sometimes she appears to be rude because of that but she's really nice. We apologize again and we hope to see you again in your next visit :)

A very nice, friendly, helpful and attentive staff. Facility n rooftop deck great to relax n watch the sunset. Had a very enjoyable stay n will go there again on my way flying out of Cairo.

• 4th Mar 2015