Dahab Hostel

Superb 805 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
24th Mar 2017
7.4

Great hostel overall. Need to sort out their booking system though. Couldn't confirm with me whether I could extend or not till the last minute.

• yangkwei9574
  • Taiwan, Female, 41+
23rd Mar 2017

The Dahab hostel was a very nice place to stay in Cairo with great location and many green small plants on the top floor~that's really nice And I also booked the rooms here for my frirnds 4 of us all like this hostel! Thank you!

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Mar 2017
5.4

This is easily the worst hostel I've stayed at over the past few years. Positives: overall clean, staff was helpful, budget friendly Negatives: The entire hostel is full of cats so you can't even escape the cat smell even in the room. Room has no storage units, sheets are dirty. Bathroom is the worst - rusted metals everywhere, cold shower from time to time, no shower curtain to keep water away from the entire bathroom floor, no hooks/storage to put your stuff...

3rd Mar 2017

Reserved for three nights but was denied a simple blanket or even a brief facade of concern when I arrived sleep-deprived from the airport on a cold Cairo morning at 5AM? That's not bad business, that's just completely absent hospitality. Solid hostel option for someone else, I wish Dahab the best of luck, but I can't stay here again in good conscience.

• Switzerland, Female, 31-40
3rd Mar 2017

i appreciated a lot my stay at this place. the staff ordered very tasty food for me when i was starving and i also booked a trip to gizeh. basically i paid for the driver and watched the pyramids myself. the driver didn't tell me much about the pyramids, but we had many interesting discussions about egypts traditions from today. the hostel itself has a great view over kairo. the rooms are very clean, the outside facilities a bit less, let's say backpacker style. go for it! txs to the staff

2nd Mar 2017
6.3

Just for young people with no many expectatives about where to sleep

• Norway, Female, 18-24
28th Feb 2017
8.0

Good rooftop common area. Great location. Common showers and bathrooms are fine. Uncomfortable mattresses. Overall good experience.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
26th Feb 2017

Dahab Hostel didn't only became my home in Cairo, it became truly my Home. I stayed for quite a while here and I couldn't have chosen a better spot. The entire staff is really doing it's best to make the guests feel happy at all times and the housekeeping is cleaning from early morning until late evening. Everything managed by the charming Kareem :). Other than that the atmosphere is amazing, with the rooftop as a perfect place to relax and meet the most interesting people. Highly recommended!!!

21st Feb 2017

Nice hostel .great location .

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we are looking forward to seeing you again :)

• Germany, All Male Group, 25-30
19th Feb 2017

Very good place, but I was disappointed by the fact that, while we clearly ordered an ensuite with two single beds, we were given a double bed. But in the next day the management put an additional bed, so it was solved. Otherwise it is a great location on the roof. Take care that in the ensuite, there is no AC, but only a fan. So you cannot cool or heat the room, and in winter (in my case end of February) it can be quite cold and humid in Cairo in the night.