Dahab Hostel Reviews

26 Mahmoud Bassiouny St., Cairo, Egypt

This is a good choice for your budget. But I don't know why there are lots of annoying flies here. Also, there's no air conditioner in my room, which was a big deal for me in the hot summer in Cairo.

Really cool rooftop location but rude staff that only were interested in pushing tours. Did not give helpful walking or public transportation directions. We booked all tours downstairs with Vienna Hostel. No community feeling and woke up with the room infested with flies.

Is it OK to market for another hostel on our reviews page? If not, I need this part removed please. Thank you.

Good location. Rooftop terrace is nice and hot showers. Place is a little run down. Staff try and push their expensive tours a fair bit.

The problem that I had with them was when I wanted to do the picking up from the airport, I did by them website, and then sent them some emails (no replies), for sure when I arrived at the airport no one was waiting for me, so I had to took a taxi by my self. In general is in fact a Oasis in the middle of this hotest City. Pretty good basic stuff in there. Is good for the money that you paid.

I had an amazing time at Dahab hostel, it had the perfect atmosphere for a laid back vacation. The staff were super helpful and super friendly. Imiss everyone already. As a solo female traveler I never felt security there was a problem. They also arranged my airport pickup and drop off and it was pretty reasonable. I will definitely stay there again and I would recommend staying there to anyone. ^_^

One of the best place to stay in Egypt right in the city centre and next to the National museum. Staff is very helpful. Hostel is located on amazing rooftop where we spend so much nice time!

The hostel was unreal based in the middle of Cairo! Easy access to everywhere the staff were amazing they sorted out all the trips and helped with local information! One of the best I've been to will definitely return!

Great place - the rooftop location gives you air to breathe, and lots of space to hang out either with others or by yourself (we were travelling with school age kids, and it worked out nicely for them, too). Our room and private bathroom was clean, always hot water. Staff were very helpful and reliable to organize train tickets (at a cost, but that's ok), even though initially it seemed that everything was sold out for the day we wanted to travel. We'd go back any time!

I booked the room with the deposit but when I arrived they had given away my room. They moved me from the single I booked to a double with another person whose reservation they didn't hold. However we could not enter the room until 11 in the evening! When I went to pay for the room the next day they wanted to charge me more for having a more expensive room- which I refused to pay! The wifi worked poorly.

The Hostel was really good. The Staff, exept of the woman in the kitchen, was so nice and very helpful. They help guests to get the train tickets and we even booked the tour to the white desert. It was amazing. You can ask them for anything and they will gladly help you. We loved to hang out in the hostel, and to talk to all the people there. Best place to stay in Cairo!!!!

A very nice, friendly, helpful and attentive staff. Facility n rooftop deck great to relax n watch the sunset. Had a very enjoyable stay n will go there again on my way flying out of Cairo.

• 4th Mar 2015

DAHAB Hostel is still the best deal in the city center of Cairo. You have to live with some downsides but he staff is excellent and very helpfull! I will stay there again, for sure!

Located in Downtown the hostel is close to the Egyptian Museum, and there are many shops, cafés and restraunts in this area. The staff is very kind, helpful, and well-informed about the sights in Cairo. The hostel offers tours with private driver at a good price and of good quality. The roof top terrace is very nice which compensates for the small rooms. The rooms and facilities are basic but pretty clean - except for the woollen blankets and rugs that are old and smelly.

• 13th Feb 2015