Dahab Hostel Reviews

26 Mahmoud Bassiouny St., Cairo, Egypt

Out of the hostels I've used during my stay in Cairo, this was the best and cheapest. The layout allows you to hang out with other travellers easily, while still finding places to relax and do work if you need to. The rooftop aspect is very unique and makes Dahab a fun environnent to be in. You get a single room to yourself for cheaper than shared rooms in other hostels in downtown Cairo. The staff is one of the friendliest and most genuine group of people I've ever met in the hostel business.

• 1st Feb 2016

Dahab Hostel is the best hotel I have stayed at in Cairo. If you are wanting a hotel experience where the staff members are truly friendly & helpful, where the location of the hotel is close to the metro and some of Cairo's most famous attractions (like the Egyptian Museum, and Tahrir Square), stay here. Best of all, it's a very social environment - situated on a rooftop where travelers mingle around nightly bonfires in the winter. You haven't really experienced Cairo unless you've stayed here!

• 23rd Jan 2016

Very nice hostel. The staff is very helpful and can arrange things to pick you up at the airport, find a train ticket and find the correct train. I recommend this hostel if it's your first time in egypt, the staff will guide you in the city's jungle and organise tours.

Dahab hostel is located two minutes away from the hectic Tahrir Square, but this hostel is the most chilled out rooftop in downtown! The place gives you a good time to breath out after a busy day strolling around Cairo, and with its blend of backpackers and weekly guests, it gives you both the opportunity to hang out with people or just sit by yourself in a sunny corner, drinking coffee. The rooms are simple but fresh and the staff always helpful.

The Dahab Hostel was ok. The staff were helpful. Since the Egyptian revolt in 2011, tourism is almost extinct in egypt. The tour guide that I organised through the hostel ripped me off in Giza, when he got me "a great deal for a camel ride (from his friend), which was 380 pounds. Dont pay more than 150 pounds for this!! And ususlly its75 pounds! Egyptians are extremely sly. Dont trust any of them, especially when it comes to money

• 18th Jan 2016

Delightful roof terrace, a garden in the city where you can easily meet worldwide travelers.

Thank you very much for your review :) we are always happy to see you again.

Not sure if there are any good areas in Cairo but I didn't like the Area. The staff was ok and i wish they had been more helpful arranging daily tours (which there are no problems if you want to do by yourself...)

Thank you very much for your review. We will consider your remarks and hopefully if you get back one day you will find improvements in the hostel and the area.

Great spot for basic rooms and a fun vibe. The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. Evening BBQs and events are planned for those interested. Great spot to meet fellow travelers in Cairo.

• 31st Dec 2015

We are glad that you liked the vibe and the atmosphere, we wish you all the best with your travels :)

The atmosphere is nice, and staffs are very polite. We just didn't like the fact of they don't help you with any information about Cairo or Egypt at all. All they want is to sell you a tour so everything you ask they we'll say it is very hard to go by yourself and you better take our tour. Tourist do can take the regular train, no matter what they say, just go t o the station and jump in the train and by your ticket inside the train from the official seller with NO EXTRA CHARGE. Simple like tha

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you got lucky with the train, but sometimes the trains are full and people would stand the whole trip without a seat and we don't want that for our guests.

Really nice hotel and nice atmosfera. The staff very friendly.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Thank you very much for your review!!

Dahab hostel has a very special charm. It's location on the roof makes it very special. We were there on Xmas eve and the staff organized a BBQ and a party. We had a Xmas tree and great food. It was a very special touch. The staff is very friendly and the common terrace makes it a great place to network with other travellers. I was with my 24 yrs old daughter (I am 55) and we both felt comfortable and welcomed.

We are happy that you liked the event, you are always welcomed at our hostel :)

A lovely 'sanctuary' in central Cairo ... staff are laid back but helpful and charming! The rooftop has a special atmosphere all of its own ...perfect for travellers to meet and share experiences...love it here :-)

Thank you very much for your review and you were charming too ;)

Really good hostel with helpful staff. The whole common area is on a roof top area with bits sectioned off into kind of 'rooms', and plenty of seating. A good and easy place to meet other travelers.

Thank you very much for your kind review!!

Having travelled through the Middle East for the past few months, Dahab hostel is definitely the best hostel that I have stayed at.! The rooms are clean and relatively spacious - perfect for any backpacker - and the hostel is very well located. The staff are awesome - really cool guys and are super helpful in assisting with any travelers needs. Shoutouts to Yousef, Bibo and Mahamood for all your help! Only downside is that the wifi can be slow at times and is best accessed from common areas

• 5th Dec 2015

We are honored and more than proud by this testimonial. We will try our best to improve more, and hopefully when you return you will find it even better :)

Dahab hostel is like an oasis in the middle of Cairo. This place made my stay in Cairo unforgettable and gave me friends for life. Amazing, crazy, cozy and fun is some humble words for what you will experience staying at dahab hostel. But what makes dahab hostel unique is undoubtedly the staff Yousef, Hasan, Mahmoud, Bebo, khaled and Kareem with his guitar:) You will experience the true Egyptian hospitality and craziness here which makes dahab hostel the best place to stay in Cairo!!!

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Denmark

Man, come back as soon as you can. We miss you already :)

This hostel is definitely one of the better budget hostels I've stayed at in Egypt. The location is great. We loved the rooftop atmosphere and relaxed here for a few days. The guys that run the hostel had a bonfire by the reception every night. One minor drawback was the wifi only works in the reception--similar experience with other hostels we've stayed at in Egypt. Special shout out to Yusef and Hassan for being super helpful! I'd definitely recommend Dahab Hostel to other backpackers! :)

Thank you very much for your nice review!!. More bonfires and music are yet to come ;)

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! Perfect location, unique atmosphere and exceptional reception team make everyone's stay in Egypt great and memorable experience. Definitely the best place to stay in Cairo!

Nice Hostel in the middle of downtown a quit place to relax :)

You are looking for hostel in Egypt, it is not Europe, so it is a simple place but with a great atmosphere and lovely staff. They'll help you in everything. an important point, the hostel is very clean.

Thank you for your beautiful review :)

Very nice hostel in downtown Cairo. The staff amazing and very welcoming. Atmosphere and ambiance were exceptional. Cleanliness was sufficient based on stays in countries within Europe, but good for what I feel is standard for the area. I would definitely stay again if in the area, especially if I was staying in the area for an extended period of time

• 5th Nov 2015