Dahab Hostel Reviews

26 Mahmoud Bassiouny St., Cairo, Egypt

You should take care more about insects

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Slovakia

great location, very central and the staff is very friendly.. if you need help ask Ahmed for anything and he will go out of his way to help.

It was alright. It was fine just to be passing through. The lock on our door didn't work properly and I got locked out of the room when I had to use the toilet late in the night. Staff was friendly and helpful, the drivers for the hostel being the best staff experience. Overall it was fine, don't know if I would return.

there is cold water in the shower and the bed I slept is very old and uncomfortable

When i was e mailing the hostel about tours i was quoted 200 EGP but when i arrived i had to pay 250 EGP. Not a good start. On my tour we did not do all the things mentioned would happen and it was not clear that i was only paying for a guy to drive me around and i still have to pay x amount for the actual things i was doing on the tour. Plus i was taken to places so i could be sold things which was terrible and that whole day ruined my holiday.

• 18th Sep 2014

The hostel is okay. Definitely you can relax on the many open spaces that they have surrounding by plants and flowers. I did not like that the staff really want to sell the tours. They must get big commissions for that. They misunderstand the guests needs to make sales and argum with them about it. That is not professional. I am a sales person and never treat the customer like they did, just to sell something.

Perfect location, incredible helpful staff! :) And always nice guest there!

1 2 Next » last »