Dahab Hostel Reviews

26 Mahmoud Bassiouny St., Cairo, Egypt

When i was e mailing the hostel about tours i was quoted 200 EGP but when i arrived i had to pay 250 EGP. Not a good start. On my tour we did not do all the things mentioned would happen and it was not clear that i was only paying for a guy to drive me around and i still have to pay x amount for the actual things i was doing on the tour. Plus i was taken to places so i could be sold things which was terrible and that whole day ruined my holiday.

• 18th Sep 2014

The hostel is okay. Definitely you can relax on the many open spaces that they have surrounding by plants and flowers. I did not like that the staff really want to sell the tours. They must get big commissions for that. They misunderstand the guests needs to make sales and argum with them about it. That is not professional. I am a sales person and never treat the customer like they did, just to sell something.

Perfect location, incredible helpful staff! :) And always nice guest there!

This Hostel was recommend to be me by a friend of mine. At first the price was the convincing part. When I arrived at the Hostel I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the polite staff. They where very kind and had always a good advice for visiting places. You can reach everything very easy by taxi and metro. The rooms are comfortable and clean. One of the most helpful and friendly guy who was working here was Mustafa. We had a lot of fun and loughed a lot! ;). ThX to Ahmed and Mahmud!

• 2nd Sep 2014

It is really really a nice location - above the roofs of Downtown Cairo. The atmosphere is greate - specially for people with a backpacker background. Only the wet-facilities could be maintained a bit better.

• 29th Aug 2014

Dahab hostel is on the roof top of a building in downton Cairo. It is a fantastic location and the view over downtown is amazing. The rooms – I had a single room with a private bathroom – are clean and well-maintained. The staff speaks English and helps with everything you need, especially Mahmoud. I had to run an errand and he accompanied me until we found what I needed. The prices for the rooms are reasonable and it really is worth it. I definitely will stay there again during my next visit.

• 5th Aug 2014

Thanks a lot for your positive review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, until next time :)

1 2 Next » last »